[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

So I don't know what I missed, if it was anything important...but we really just ended it with all of them hugging? I kinda wish we ended with the family meal that Hae Soo desperately wanted or that there'd just a single shot of that to end, Hae Soo traveling back from being abroad to all eat together. 

And I guess her relationship with KMJ is pretty much on point with what I thought. It's open ended. They call each other and talk on the phone now that she's off traveling and it looks like, based on their interactions this episode, that she does like having him around and cares for him as a friend at least for now.

But that ending lol.

1 minute ago, andy78 said:

i'm so sorry that your stream crashed ...

That's fine haha. I'll just watch the raw of the last like 5 minutes when it's out and say what I thought happened lol

• Like 9

So he doesn't actually regain all of his memories? Here's the clip that tvN posted on YouTube with the translation for the little dialogue they have

Spoiler

CJW: I have to pick up Eun Ha, do you want to go together?

DHS: Will she like me?

(CJW laughs)

DHS: Why are you laughing?

CJW: Why are you?

DHS: Because you are

(DHS nervously waits for Eun Ha and his wedding ring is on)

Eun Ha: Dad!

(DHS turns around to see Eun Ha who runs right up to him and hugs him and he remembers when she was a baby)

Eun Ha: Dad! I really really really missed you! Dad, did you buy me a present?

DHS: Huh? Sorry, I forgot to

Eun Ha: It's alright because you're my present. I like you the best in the world!

DHS: Me... me too

(DHS starts to cry as Eun Ha hugs him again and DHS looks at CJW. He picks Eun Ha up and that's the family hug the series ended on)

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thesuitelife547 said:

So I don't know what I missed, if it was anything important...but we really just ended it with all of them hugging? I kinda wish we ended with the family meal that Hae Soo desperately wanted or that there'd just a single shot of that to end, Hae Soo traveling back from being abroad to all eat together. 

And I guess her relationship with KMJ is pretty much on point with what I thought. It's open ended. They call each other and talk on the phone now that she's off traveling and it looks like, based on their interactions this episode, that she does like having him around and cares for him as a friend at least for now.

But that ending lol.

That's fine haha. I'll just watch the raw of the last like 5 minutes when it's out and say what I thought happened lol

thank you so much for the live recap. it was so fun hanging out with you guys here. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

actually i felt they needed another episode to properly tie things up.... but lee joon gi's performance... wardrobe : hot sauce on fire, performance: hot sauce dynamite explosion

I feel that another episode would've done them well. I guess there was no way for them to logically, not saying that everything in this drama was logical, for him to take a bullet to the head and come out of the situation unscathed. 

I guess I don't really know what I wanted, just a different ending than that haha. I don't know how they could've gone around wrapping this up sooner or if creating another episode would somehow drag out things or, if because this is a melo, they didn't want the end to see too happy for anyone. I just don't know

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, thesuitelife547 said:

I guess her relationship with KMJ is pretty much on point with what I thought. It's open ended. They call each other and talk on the phone now that she's off traveling and it looks like, based on their interactions this episode, that she does like having him around and cares for him as a friend at least for now.

It makes sense. Someone said earlier. They have too much past emotional baggage. I understand KMJ's heart and feelings. He loves this woman very much. But I also understand Hae Soo for not going full in into a relationship. She needs to heal from a lot of things. KMJ needs a very deep re-evaluation of some aspects of his personality for him to secure and keep any woman by his side not to mention Hae Soo. I think he has grown from the first time we saw him.But you know? Lets sort all that mess out before thinking of relationship or even marriage.

• Like 9

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Aaaahhh... it did end... well, it may not seem to be that satisfying for some, but I guess it goes without saying that their story will just continue from now on... sadly, without us knowing anymore. Can't wait for the sub tomorrow. Good night to everyone ~

Thanks for the live recaps, chingu-deuls :fullofhearts:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

actually i felt they needed another episode to properly tie things up.... but lee joon gi's performance... wardrobe : hot sauce on fire, performance: hot sauce dynamite explosion

Absolutely, it feels a bit rush , one more episode or a longer final episode , even just for another 30 min ,would be more satisfying !!!! 

• Like 4

I guess writer point his healing from all the trauma they have experience is slow and take time. But we can see HS and JW slowly getting to know each other again and starting to rebuild their family again. would have loved to see more, but with what we got they are starting the proses.  I guess the same is for the other two. Their healing journey just have begun as their past is cleared up. Time to focus on the present. :D 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, violina said:

Talking about sageuk … yes please. 

Something that tags at my heartstrings and gives me the adrenaline rush like Princess Man + Iljimae combo (By the way these are highly recommended if you get FoE withdrawal syndrome:))

Princess Man (Starring Moon Chae Won)

Iljimae was my first Lee Joon Gi drama, and I've watched it multiple times. Highly recommended because he goes from comedy to tragedy with plenty of action thrown in and even a little romance.

I've also seen Princess' Man and enjoyed it. I'm not a fan of Park Shi Hoo, maybe because I disliked him so much in Iljimae, but he did a good job in Princess' Man.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

The story actually drifted away a bit because of the plot holes, especially making BHS up suddenly. I really think the writers had other plans, but had a sudden change of plans. :isannoyed:

Anyway, the story was fine, ending does look rushed as many have also felt, I'll post my thoughts on the final and overall thoughts on the drama after I am done with the last episode. :piggydance:

• Like 6