Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

29 minutes ago, joybran said:

My question is what was he doing for the three years between Do Min Seok's death and the night he hit Do Hyun So with his car. He was still in touch with Yeom Sang Chul per their phone conversation. Had he been killing during those years? And if he was on his way to kill Do Hae Soo because she had seem him at the funeral, why had he waited for three years? Or had Yeom Sang Chul just located Jung Mi Sook three years after her escape and amnesia? Did YSC decide to keep her as insurance after he couldn't get hold of BHS and BMW paid him off?

Isn't it fun to speculate?

I think BHS was in army for 3 years. When BMW was giving his son's idnetity to DHS he revealed that his son had just completed his military service. I think after killing DMS (if be really did that) he went to army for hiding. Police must have found out about the serial murders when he was serving. So when he got out he started looking for Haesoo to shut her up but got into an accident. If he was really going to meet Haesoo that night then DHS indirectly saved his sister. The siblings bond is so beautiful. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, bombshellchick1 said:

I am also getting confused in Timeline so I'll try my best to base it with the help of cheese_jg (IG name) timeline. Please check out her post.

2002: - Do Hyun So (18 yrs. Old bullied by Moo Jin and other students, exorcism of villagers).

- Jeonsu Murders happened ( 7 bodies were digged up in mountain, ms. wu, mom of DHS is included in the 7 bodies, fingernails taken, we know where those nails are, police and villagers suspect Do Min Seok but he killed himself before getting arrested)

- Do Min Seok and Do Hyun So we're at the bar. BHS (21 yrs. Old) picked up the jacket on the floor and DMS secretly gave keys (lent car, BHS kidnapped Jung Mi Sook (witness saw this) later BHS left a voicemail to her don't tell anybody (threat).

-Do Min Seok funeral (BHS attended, crying and wrote his phone # on Hae Soo arm.

- Village foreman was killed by Do Hae Soo (before Do Min Seok funeral, because the voicemail of accomplice said, "remember the village foreman was nosy so that happened to him" assuming that he called the witness after the kidnapping), and DHS took all blame to save his sister. Ran away to work in Chinese Restaurant. DHS came back to attend dad's funeral.

2002-2005: Do Hyun Soo (18-21 yrs.) Worked in Chinese restaurant, without status, stabbed by colleague. Got hit by BHS (24 yrs. Old) Car on that night. BHS was on the phone with Yong Sang Chul and asked if "she recognized him) (Jung Mi Sook?)

2002-2020: Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped, escaped? Went to different houses, eventually locked up in mental hospital (BHS was in coma 15 years?) Yong Sang Chul knew, she's his insurance for BHS crimes.

2005: (21 years old) Identity Laundering of Do Hyun Soo to Baek Hee Seong

2015: (31 years old) married to Jiwon, 2020 now daughter Eun Ha age 6

2020: Case reopened, BHS (39 years old) woke up from coma after 15 years. He killed the maid and made it look like DHS did it.

Please feel free to add or edit this. There are loose ends or mistakes. Thanks!

But why would DHS stay in village when village foreman died? Because scene after that was the bar with dad, then kidnapping happened. Was he just visiting dad while he worked in Chinese restaurant? I'm confused now.

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, bombshellchick1 said:

I am also getting confused in Timeline so I'll try my best to base it with the help of cheese_jg (IG name) timeline. Please check out her post.

2002: - Do Hyun So (18 yrs. Old bullied by Moo Jin and other students, exorcism of villagers).

- Jeonsu Murders happened ( 7 bodies were digged up in mountain, ms. wu, mom of DHS is included in the 7 bodies, fingernails taken, we know where those nails are, police and villagers suspect Do Min Seok but he killed himself before getting arrested)

- Do Min Seok and Do Hyun So we're at the bar. BHS (21 yrs. Old) picked up the jacket on the floor and DMS secretly gave keys (lent car, BHS kidnapped Jung Mi Sook (witness saw this) later BHS left a voicemail to her don't tell anybody (threat).

-Do Min Seok funeral (BHS attended, crying and wrote his phone # on Hae Soo arm.

- Village foreman was killed by Do Hae Soo (after funeral?), and DHS took all blame to save his sister. Ran away to work in Chinese Restaurant.

2002-2005: Do Hyun Soo (18-21 yrs.) Worked in Chinese restaurant, without status, stabbed by colleague. Got hit by BHS (24 yrs. Old) Car on that night. BHS was on the phone with Yong Sang Chul and asked if "she recognized him) (Jung Mi Sook?)

2002-2020: Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped, escaped? Went to different houses, eventually locked up in mental hospital (BHS was in coma 15 years?) Yong Sang Chul knew, she's his insurance for BHS crimes.

2005: (21 years old) Identity Laundering of Do Hyun Soo to Baek Hee Seong

2015: (31 years old) married to Jiwon, 2020 now daughter Eun Ha age 6

2020: Case reopened, BHS (39 years old) woke up from coma after 15 years. He killed the maid and made it look like DHS did it.

Please feel free to add or edit this. There are loose ends or mistakes. Thanks!

May 11, 2002 is when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped while DMS and DHS were in the bar. She must have escaped pretty soon after that, but she wandered around with amnesia for a long time before she ended up in the mental hospital.

The witness reported DMS car involved in kidnapping right away, but DHS testimony cleared him. At that time nobody knew about the missing people who had been murdered. There was no suspicion of DMS for any crime.

A few weeks later, DMS committed suicide, or did he? After his death and funeral, the police discovered the buried bodies, including DMS's wife, and decided that DMS was the serial killer. Because DHS had testified for his father, the villagers believed that he was the accomplice and started the exorcisms. 

Weeks or maybe months later, DHS started seeing his dead father, and his sister went to the village foreman to get him to stop the exorcisms. She ended up killing him. This was fall of 2002. After DHS took the blame and ran away, BHS made the threatening call to the kidnapping witness.

The most important thing is that, at the time of the funeral, when BHS gave Jung Mi Sook's fish keychain to DHS, nobody knew about the serial killings or even that DHS's mother was dead.

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I think BHS was in army for 3 years. When BMW was giving his son's idnetity to DHS he revealed that his son had just completed his military service. I think after killing DMS (if be really did that) he went to army for hiding. Police must have found out about the serial murders when he was serving. So when he got out he started looking for Haesoo to shut her up but got into an accident. If he was really going to meet Haesoo that night then DHS indirectly saved his sister. The siblings bond is so beautiful. 

But remember there was a scene where "Blond Do Hyun So identity as Baek Hee Seong aka Lee Joon Gi" was pressing his thumb on this machine and the lady can't find his fingerprint as Baek Hee Seong? Wasn't that for military?

5 minutes ago, joybran said:

May 11, 2002 is when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped while DMS and DHS were in the bar. She must have escaped pretty soon after that, but she wandered around with amnesia for a long time before she ended up in the mental hospital.

The witness reported DMS car involved in kidnapping right away, but DHS testimony cleared him. At that time nobody knew about the missing people who had been murdered. There was no suspicion of DMS for any crime.

A few weeks later, DMS committed suicide, or did he? After his death and funeral, the police discovered the buried bodies, including DMS's wife, and decided that DMS was the serial killer. Because DHS had testified for his father, the villagers believed that he was the accomplice and started the exorcisms. 

Weeks or maybe months later, DHS started seeing his dead father, and his sister went to the village foreman to get him to stop the exorcisms. She ended up killing him. This was fall of 2002. After DHS took the blame and ran away, BHS made the threatening call to the kidnapping witness.

The most important thing is that, at the time of the funeral, when BHS gave Jung Mi Sook's fish keychain to DHS, nobody knew about the serial killings or even that DHS's mother was dead.

Joybran this makes perfect sense!! Ok now that BHS has placed that threatening call to the witness weeks or months after!! The puzzle pieces fit on timeline!! Thank you for your awesome analysis!! :Megathanks:

• Like 4

I also wanted to give my 2 cents on Cha Ji Won since many seem to be wary about her.

I think we shouldn't forget who she is and as whom she was introduced in the beginning. She is a detective... she is working for law enforcement. And she found out her husband is actually somebody completey different. Different name... different past. And even though she was introduced as someone who would only judge people by evidence she ended up siding with her husband and burning evidence which actually could've functioned as evidence FOR Do Hyun Soo's innocence.

She went through A LOT over the span of this drama. The family she thought was real turned out to be not so real. Yes, Do Hyun Soo loves her. Yes, she loves Do Hyun Soo. And they have their beloved daughter Eun Ha. But that doesn't change she had to process a lot.

Just like Do Hyun Soo went through a lot as well. But we should never think he is more innocent than Cha Ji Won. Because some seem to forget he DID lie to Cha Ji Won about his true identity. He DID take Kim Moo Jin as prisoner in his basement. And he DID hold a knife to his wife's throat.

I think both are going through a lot emotionally. And both have the right to get the same treatment and appreciation. It takes a strong woman to stay with Do Hyun Soo after what she found out. She went against her principles for the man she loves and if that's not enough to root for her then I don't know. :lol:

I love Cha Ji Won and Do Hyun Soo and I think we all can agree that these two need a big break from everything when this drama is over.

Drunk Zach Galifianakis GIF

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

My comment was just my own personal disliking of how the writer wrote the plot devices and not a specific dislike or not understanding Jiwon etc. Of course, I am rooting for the OTP and know they aren’t perfect characters and they are going through a lot. I just forgot in the moment after watching— that this show is a melodrama after all lol. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, stella77 said:

My comment was just my own personal disliking of how the writer wrote the plot devices and not a specific dislike or not understanding Jiwon etc. Of course, I am rooting for the OTP and know they aren’t perfect characters and they are going through a lot. I just forgot in the moment after watching— that this show is a melodrama after all lol. 

Oh sure! And I understand what you mean. I'm also sad that the writer build to something different - at least in my opinion - and in the end dropped it without going into it more. Like Ji Won being "two faced", then her threatening the female killer in episode 2 and her dark past with her father. Definitely not happy about that and agree. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Jillia

I already awarded her with the most stressed wife of kdrama 2020. But we should also give her the most devoted and loyal wife of 2020 too:).

5763b5de036dad1d55ecb2188193dba2b3ac125c

e4769bf970656be0e449b504f4007f9e2736b2a8

e507f59c1ae188c498c4c4f19b689fbf4f22b956

I also want to share my thoughts on CJW as a character. At first, I was also team share her backstory. We need more information on her life before Hyun Soo. It seems her life is centred around the ML and thats a kdrama cliche we wish to see less of.The only thing I picked up about her before BHS, she had the dream to become a cop from kindergarten.It wasn't caused by a tragic event?(or maybe writernim will elaborate for us in the next episodes). That's normal.I know people who already knew what career they wanted to pursue from a young age and made it. She might be one of those. Her father passed away when she already started dating DHS and he was key to her healing process in overcoming her grief. She spent her 20s and reached career milestones, married and had a child with only her mother to celebrate with her. Thats sad in itself. It would definitely add more colour to her character to make her past more darker like the other three leads and the plot more dramatic.But now I understand why the writer chose not to for these reasons:

1) She is the strongest and only support system DHS has. Hyun Soo cant rely on Hae Soo all the time because she is an emotional wreck herself with depression and insomnia and her issues with Kim Moo Jin on top of that. CJW filled the gap in Hyun Soo's life when they separated.This might also be the reason why the writer didnt give her mental health issue that she has to struggle with. Their marriage and relationship would have ended a long time ago if she was psychologically broken like DHS.

2) I like how wholesome she is as a FL.She has the right balance of strength and weakness. She doesnt exhibit her character strength or how cool she is by being violent to the ML, or borderline sexual harrassment like other drama, or too much aegyo(cutesy). Or by wearing elaborate outfits and makeup and walking like a model. For her, its by being competent at her job, providing her husband with positive affirmation(words) and loyalty to her husband(its very important to men). Being a great mother to Eun Ha by filling in when DHS needs a break from parenting and house chore duties. But she is not a "mary sue" either.She can be ruthless. She has mood swings and tends to flip flop with her words when she is angryShe is not a straight laced detective either.She can bend the rules sometimes like detective Choi to achieve her goals.That makes her human and relatable.Her type is rare in kdrama. I wish to see more female leads like this in dramas.

3) I also feel like writernim compensated her lack of a dramatic backstory by making her the alpha female(dominant personality and most likely the stronger disciplinarian parent to Eun Ha) and DHS the beta male.That way she shines and has presence as a FL. She is fierce and protective over DHS.You can see it in action by her body language with him when they are in public i.e the way she holds his hand(almost like beyonce and jay z vibe). Even their bed scene:D, she was the one who was more touchy with her hands all over his body than him with her(although I know pd nim restricted DHS to avoid it being R-rated and devalue the message they were trying to convey to us).

So I feel she is perfect even without a dramatic backstory otherwise it will be overkill to add more.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bombshellchick1 said:

But remember there was a scene where "Blond Do Hyun So identity as Baek Hee Seong aka Lee Joon Gi" was pressing his thumb on this machine and the lady can't find his fingerprint as Baek Hee Seong? Wasn't that for military?

Joybran this makes perfect sense!! Ok now that BHS has placed that threatening call to the witness weeks or months after!! The puzzle pieces fit on timeline!! Thank you for your awesome analysis!! :Megathanks:

So I rewatched that episode :lol: The year was 2005, BMW said his son completed his military service last year and was preparing for CSAT. I am not sure about the fingerprint part maybe it is related to the "military reserve solider training" letter he gave him later.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
29 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Oh sure! And I understand what you mean. I'm also sad that the writer build to something different - at least in my opinion - and in the end dropped it without going into it more. Like Ji Won being "two faced", then her threatening the female killer in episode 2 and her dark past with her father. Definitely not happy about that and agree. :D

By the way, did you know that scene about her having a dark past and that if he knew he would be shocked?It was ad-lib.They showed LJK and MCW improvising on it and creating the dialogue.I saw in the behind the scenes. It doesnt seem like it was in the script. Anyway, who knows writer could surprise us.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, violina said:

By the way, did you know that scene about her having a dark past and that if he knew he would be shocked?It was ad-lib.They showed LJK and MCW improvising on it and creating the dialogue.I saw in the behind the scenes. It doesnt seem like it was in the script. Anyway, who knows writer could surprise us.

Oh that's certainly interesting but I don't think they would've left it in if wasn't meant to happen. But again, I mean we're close to the ending now and I'm content with it. I'm just said we got hints to something more and didn't get it.

But I agree with your thoughts on Cha Ji Won. I also think she is one of the most real FL this year and that's rare, especially for a suspense/melodrama. :D

• Like 4

Flower of Evil Poll 5: Baek Hee Sung - the real killer

Chingus, time for a new poll!

I think we can all agree that Baek Hee Sung is cray cray and his parents are crazy too....!

There were some plot twists in ep 13 that left me first like this:

200.gif

And then like this:

mad-at-theinternet.gif

So, let's find out in this week's poll how you feel about the following questions. Thank you to @Lmangla and @bombshellchick1 for helping me out with the questions. :kiss_wink:

1. Is Do Min Seok really a serial killer?

2. Will someone die? Who?

3. Will Baek Hee Sung's mom turn against her real son and help Do Hyun Soo instead?

Again, feel free to discuss in the thread.

tagging: 

@lightbringer06 @chickenchopflipflop83 @violina @H0ney @sas79 @J13 @kara_mella @noor1 @holyfea @Sleepy Owl @Enimsa88 @-Love Blossom- @hunybunny @Samuel Yohanes @kdrama @an-naum @rocher22 @Erika Song @The Therapy @qynn @joybran @ainipang @lovelyUnicorn @glory @aisling @Seonhoyaa @chrisjae_18 @Kayllee21 @Maral @Tuiwgn @hazelyeot @smartiegal@jazz85 @Pikachu92 @moomooz @Latte_Anyday @TTT1234 @Shining tiara@mystic62 @Nodame @junghwana @mulberry9 @andy78 @Madu Mita @patheticsane @tiMadam @joybran @turquoisse @JosseJunjin @LumbarSpine @luffie @Brennster @miwako78 @rachel-moore @jessicaw22 @jangmi92_ @coral maor @agnesselvira @LRM11219311

@sken40 @stellalafemme @Cindy Tjioe @thephamle

@Jillia @Sleepy Owl @larus

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3
37 minutes ago, partyon said:

Flower of Evil Poll 5: Baek Hee Sung - the real killer

Chingus, time for a new poll!

I think we can all agree that Baek Hee Sung is cray cray and his parents are crazy too....!

There were some plot twists in ep 13 that left me first like this:

And then like this:

So, let's find out in this week's poll how you feel about the following questions. Thank you to @Lmangla and @bombshellchick1 for helping me out with the questions. :kiss_wink:

3. Will Baek Hee Sung's mom turn against her real son and help Do Hyun Soo instead?

Again, feel free to discuss in the thread.

tagging: 

@lightbringer06 @chickenchopflipflop83 @violina @H0ney @sas79 @J13 @kara_mella @noor1 @holyfea @Sleepy Owl @Enimsa88 @-Love Blossom- @hunybunny @Samuel Yohanes @kdrama @an-naum @rocher22 @Erika Song @The Therapy @qynn @joybran @ainipang @lovelyUnicorn @glory @aisling @Seonhoyaa @chrisjae_18 @Kayllee21 @Maral @Tuiwgn @hazelyeot @smartiegal@jazz85 @Pikachu92 @moomooz @Latte_Anyday @TTT1234 @Shining tiara@mystic62 @Nodame @junghwana @mulberry9 @andy78 @Madu Mita @patheticsane @tiMadam @joybran @turquoisse @JosseJunjin @LumbarSpine @luffie @Brennster @miwako78 @rachel-moore @jessicaw22 @jangmi92_ @coral maor @agnesselvira @LRM11219311

@sken40 @stellalafemme @Cindy Tjioe @thephamle

@Jillia @Sleepy Owl @larus

1) All the evidences point to Baek Hee Seong only. I'm not sure tho if Do Min Seok killed anybody.

2) I only wanted Baek Hee Seong to die lol

3) Witnessing BHS kill the maid, she didn't do any thing...she even went along with the plan to put all the blame on DHS (disguising as the maid getting on a taxi). If Eun Ha gets kidnapped by BHS, I am unsure if she will have a change of heart. For now my guess is NO, she will not help Do Hyun Soo.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 2
1 hour ago, partyon said:

1. I think Do Min Seok was a serial killer and Baek Hee sung was his accomplice.

2. I think Baek Hee Sung will die. I don`t think the police will catch him alive. Maybe it is a wishful thinking.

3. Baek Hee Sun`s mom showed some redeeming qualities so it is possible to turn against his son or she could die trying to protect Hyun Soo or his daughter. There are too many victims. I don`t think she will take it anymore. But I want all three locked up.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
1 hour ago, partyon said:

1. I don't know if he's a serial killer per se, but I do think that he may have enabled BHS along the way. He may not have been the one directly attacking and murdering the women, but he was definitely in on it somehow. Whether it was willingly or through coercion and threats, I'm not sure.

There'd be no way that a teenager would be able to make the contacts that they had unless the contacts were established later. However, that doesn't mean that he wasn't the one to meet with them. I think DMS kind of brought forward BHS's killing mindset. Like what we saw, he was supposedly curious and just wanted to see but since DMS commented on that, it could be that he began to look up to him in a way as someone who actually understood him, unlike his parents. 

2. I feel like Moo Jin might die. I feel like he might put himself in the line of danger to protect Hae Soo or maybe he thinks that it'll be his repayment for being so terrible to DHS years ago. He tried to help before and I believe that he now thinks of DHS as a friend that was wronged. Now that he knows a bit more of what happened back then, I think he has a better understanding and is now willing to help the family, even if it may only be because he likes Hae Soo.  

Another contender, besides BHS, would be his mom. I don't think his dad would so easily die, but I could see his mom giving her life to save DHS. She already stabbed her own son to let him live and I think that maybe, if she does witness a showdown between the two of them, she might choose DHS over BHS. Which brings us to the third question.

3. I think there's a possibility she'll turn against her son. She's clearly afraid of him so it's not like she'll proactively take the steps to save herself from him, but maybe if she saw him acting as a monster again she might find the courage to save whoever his anger is directed towards, which is DHS. With her stabbing him, she saw, first hand, how terrible her son could be, burying someone alive, and did what she could. However, from what we've seen, she doesn't know what to do around him when he's just in the house and commanding things. It is true that she saw the maid being murdered by him but like she admitted, she was also angry at her over the fact that she was trying to blackmail them. I think when the situation is against the other party does she turn her protective mode on and since she told DHS that she saw him like her own son, she does have some fondness towards him. 

I do think that DHS has some sort of fondness towards her, though, even if he may not really like her. Maybe he just sees her as someone who is set in an unfortunate set of circumstances like himself. He still calls her Mother when he could've switched over now in front of CJW after his secret it out and he helped her when she dropped the items, even if it was a setup against him. I think she might see the warmth in him that she doesn't see in her own son and knowing that he has a family he deeply cares about, she may just sacrifice herself and help him.

In a video theorizing about the show, it was mentioned that perhaps DHS used his burner phone to call her. Of course it's speculation and he couldn't kept his identity from her and threatened her with something, but it also opens up a possibility that she has a way of contacting him.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

The cleaning volunteers found the bodies 13 days after the maid's death. Did the police not investigate the hour of the death of the victim and only match the fingerprints of the tape? Why did the police not perform an autopsy on the cause of death of the maid? So strange for me. Like other case police always  perform autopsy on the victim. Why in the maid case they didn't do it? 

Maybe there is plot twist the writer will give us next. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, joybran said:

But didn’t BHS make that threatening phone call at the bar on the night when DMS and DHS were there??? 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, aisling said:

But didn’t BHS make that threatening phone call at the bar on the night when DMS and DHS were there??? 

That would be impossible because that was the night Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped, May 11. The foreman wasn't killed until months later in the fall. He certainly wasn't killed while DMS was still alive.

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃