[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

Viewers say they were genuinely scared watching actor Kim Ji Hoon's drastic transformation as the psychopath serial killer of tvN's 'Flower of Evil'

AKP STAFF

1600405997-20200918-kimjihoon2.jpg

18-years after his debut, actor Kim Ji Hoon has become the center of attention for his crazy acting in tvN's mystery/thriller series, 'Flower of Evil'!

In tvN's 'Flower of Evil', male lead Lee Jun Ki initially appears as a man with an inability to feel emotion, Baek Hee Sung. His wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won) is a police detective working on a serial murder case, when she begins to suspect that her husband might be the culprit. 

However, the drama shocked viewers in the latter half of the series as it was revealed that male lead Lee Jun Ki was living with a false identity! His real name was Do Hyun Soo, the son of an infamous serial killer Do Min Suk. Then who was the real Baek Hee Sung?

It turned out, the real Baek Hee Sung (Kim Ji Hoon) was asleep in a coma due to a serious injury for years:

1600401315-10.gif

After the real Baek Hee Sung regained consciousness, 'Flower of Evil' began to take even more dramatic twists as the real Baek Hee Sung's past, his psychopathic nature, as well as details of his past crimes began unfolding slowly. 

On September 17, tvN's 'Flower of Evil' aired its second to last episode, detailing a furious battle between the fake Baek Hee Sung (Lee Jun Ki) and the real Baek Hee Sung (Kim Ji Hoon). This broadcast recorded 'Flower of Evil's highest viewership rating since its premiere, with an average rating of 5.5% and the highest rating at 6.2%.

The fight between Lee Jun Ki and Kim Ji Hoon was seen trending on 'Naver's search engine. 

Viewers are now adamantly demanding for the establishment of tvN's very own drama awards, nominating pretty much the entire cast of 'Flower of Evil' and most definitely the crazy psychopathic killer Kim Ji Hoon!

Netizens are commenting, "I went to get my mom while I was watching yesterday, his eyes are so scary TT", "I need to go to sleep but I literally can't", "This drama is so f***ing crazy", "This is the best drama of the year", "OMG Kim Ji Hoon seriously what even? I think his good looks were covering up his crazy acting skills all this time", "This is legendary", "Can they like please go easy on the crazy acting", and more!

Meanwhile, the final episode of tvN's 'Flower of Evil' airs on September 23 at 10:50 PM KST!

Source: allkpop 

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, ainipang said:

I do know if other already mention it. In the trailer for ep 16.. i think i saw do hyun su not wearing the ring.. or am i mistaken?

I think i see the same when he flipped his hand. Or maybe because he was on the court the doesnt wanna to wear the precious ring?

Back then, i remember he took the ring over something that might hurt Ji Won pride or embarrassed Eun Ha.

I hope they will let us to have acceptable ending :tears:

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, holyfea said:

I think i see the same when he flipped his hand. Or maybe because he was on the court the doesnt wanna to wear the precious ring?

Back then, i remember he took the ring over something that might hurt Ji Won pride or embarrassed Eun Ha.

I hope they will let us to have acceptable ending :tears:

It might be a good thing. Those rings(although they are so beautiful) were worn under a fake name.He was married with the name Baek Hee Sung. He is a metal craftsman.He can make new rings. The marriage will be annuled at the court.He can remarry CJW under his real name Do Hyun Soo. If you noticed in episode 14, her police badge was shattered by the bike. I think it was symbolic too. Maybe they will honour her wish to quit her job in the city and relocate to a new area and start a new life.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

Wow!  Episode 15 is daebak!!  Amazing and excellent acting by Lee Joon Ki,  KJH,  and Moon Chae Won!! They deserve the awards this year.  

I am so glad the writer didn't end the drama as the last scene in episode 15.  I could imagine some writers might write such scene as some drama ending.  

In the preview,  CJW said, "I want your dad to be happy.  I want him to get a chance to be free in his life. "

I wonder what she was referring to.   (I know I should wait for the answer next Wednesday, but I can't help it)   :cries3:

Is it related to what @ainipang mentioned about DHS not wearing his wedding ring?   Could it be that because he got shot in the head,  he had amnesia (as previously mentioned) and CJW let him go?   Is it because legally they are no longer a married couple?

(Maybe later in the episode, I think  he will regain his memory if the writer is going to take this trajectory) 

In one of the last filming locations (as posted by @mulberry9)  LJK and MCW were seen in front of an apartment unit.  I wonder whose apt it is. Will DHS live by himself? 

I wonder what LJK meant in his IG live session when he said it hurt when reading episode 16. 

Hopefully what you guys mentioned is true,  there will be another Eun Ha or Egg Tart 2. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, violina said:

It might be a good thing. Those rings(although they are so beautiful) were worn under a fake name.He was married with the name Baek Hee Sung. He is a metal craftsman.He can make new rings. The marriage will be annuled at the court.He can remarry CJW under his real name Do Hyun Soo. If you noticed in episode 14, her police badge was shattered by the bike. I think it was symbolic too. Maybe they will honour her wish to quit her job in the city and relocate to a new area and start a new life.

Yaaaaaa.. that's my wish! :w00t:

Im craving for that storyline. Hyun Soo, Ji Won and Eun Ha will move to rural or countyside area then started new life happily. Village school is a new trend. Lol.

I need to watch a proper ending, i dont care if it's happy or not, but at least make it happy for that precious lil family. They've been through hell. Too cruel if writernim give us open ending, i dare to say what we need is a proper and acceptable ending.

My energy drained just following FoE, i even postponed some other ongoing drama. FoE is getting my nerve, OMG. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Wow. It’s been about 20 minutes since I finished episode 15 and my heart’s still beating fast. I was clenching my hands tightly the whole time and was very worried about the outcome.

I feel relieved DHS didn’t kill BHS but I do think DHS would kill him if CJW didn’t show up. I was a little disappointed by this part. I was hoping he would drop the knife before CJW arrived (then he would’ve showed BHS he was better than him)... DHS dropping the weapon just after seeing CJW alive wasn’t really that satisfying. DHS letting BHS live even when he thought CJW was dead would be much more gratifying. 

I’m praying the final episode will have a worthwhile ending for the drama. I’d hate to see such a strong drama going downhill with its final episode. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, violina said:

CJW: We had our happy moments and heart breaking moments. But every single moment with you is a beautiful memory to me.

We share the same happy and heartbreaking moments - FOE has been an incredible ride , and really hoping for a happy ending next week

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Article Translation

Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon’s ‘Flower of Evil’ sets a ratings record with only finale left

f05bcdd424936fb19c5deb1094b9b38204cdf071

With only the finale left, ‘Flower of Evil’ set a ratings record for the series.

Episode 15 (September 17) averaged 5.5% and peaked at 6.2% in Seoul, while averaging 5.1% and peaking at 6.0% nationwide, setting a ratings record for the series. Among tvN’s target audience, aged between 20 and 49, the episode averaged 2.5% and peaked at 2.9% in Seoul while averaging 2.8% and peaking at 3.4% nationwide. (Based on paid platforms including cable, IPTV, and satellite; source: Nielsen Korea)

The episode saw Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi), through his deal with Yeom Sangchul (Kim Kimoo), finding the last survivor Jung Misook (Han Sooyeon) who will confirm the identity of Baek Heeseong (Kim Jihun). Baek Heeseong falls into the trap set by Hyunsoo, seemingly bringing the case to a close. But when Hyunsoo finds Jiwon’s (Moon Chaewon) blood-stained badge and hears Heeseong talk about his daughter to taunt him, Hyunsoo loses his mind. This is the beginning of the misunderstanding that Baek Heeseong created with malice.

Confirming that Jiwon is dead, Hyunsoo breaks down into painful sobs in this most heart-wrenching moment – leaving viewers in tears.

With the emptiness in his eyes as he once had in the past, Hyunsoo picks up a knife and expresses his intention to kill Baek Heeseong. Jung Misook holds onto Hyunsoo trying to stop him from making the wrong choice and Heeseong tries to run away. But already injured, he cannot get away from Hyunsoo.

Meanwhile, on becoming aware the killer who harmed Haesoo is Baek Heeseong, Moojin (Seo Hyunwoo) explodes in range at Manwoo (Son Jonghak) and Mija (Nam Keeae) who pretended they didn’t know about their son’s true nature. When talking about his past when he found a sack in Do Minseok’s basement and believed it was a deer inside, instead of a human being, he seems to talk about himself who looked the other way in fear, instead of facing the truth.

After figuring out the truth of the case, Jiwon and the police set out to carry out their plan while Hyunsoo and Heeseong reach the edge of a cliff. It is the last stage where they are about to end their ill-fated encounter. Exhibiting a murderous urge yet consumed by sadness and pain, Hyunsoo holds up the knife trying to kill Heeseong, but is stopped in his tracks by Jiwon’s voice.

But haunted once again by the ghost of his dead father, Do Hyunsoo can’t tell if she is real or an illusion created by him. Seeing him suffer, Jiwon clutches her chest trying to convince him. Still confused, Hyunsoo slowly takes steps towards her, leaving viewers feel nervous and anxious.

Just then, Heeseong takes the gun from the police officer who’s come to put him under control. Seeing the gun pointed at Jiwon, Hyunsoo throws himself to protect her, and another officer also fires at Heeseong as the latter pulls the trigger. Following the two gunshots, Haesoo finally opens her eyes, and Hyunsoo closes his eyes with blood on his head.

With the final scene of Hyunsoo on the cliff, the camera cuts to a pure, white space that looks like Hyunsoo’s subconscious as if this is finally time for him to rest. When Jiwon says warmly, “Now, get some good rest,” Hyunsoo falls asleep, with a happy smile on his face.

Original Source: Naver

Translation: allaboutjoongi 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

The end of episode 15 had me pretty much flopping around like a fish out of water! I kept saying no, no, I don't believe it, if he dies I'm going to throw a fit, I don't want this soft pretty heaven scene, I don't want him to "rest," I want him alive with his family :tears: I love gripping, emotional, intense dramas, but they do have to end happily after all the heartbreak! He deserves to move forward, and properly work through the trauma and guilt and damage now that he's accepted he's not the unfeeling monster he'd internalized himself to be. He deserves a gentle ending.   

Also, not to be gross, but every time BHS runs his hand through his hair or puts it up I momentarily go blank and forget he's the horrible creepy villain... what can I say, he's an attractive man and I'm weak for long hair on a guy. Sorry for having eyes! :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

On 9/17/2020 at 10:17 PM, jeonghyang said:

- THE END -

Seriously Jiwonie be like: Come to mama, good boy please come to mama. 

It was hilarious! ♡

5 hours ago, kehrite said:

Also, not to be gross, but every time BHS runs his hand through his hair or puts it up I momentarily go blank and forget he's the horrible creepy villain... what can I say, he's an attractive man and I'm weak for long hair on a guy. Sorry for having eyes! :lol:

Me too.. Why they gave us such a goodlooking villain. I always have a crush with handsome villain hahaa.. am i being weird? haha I cannot escape from adoring villain aura even in Voice and Psychopath Diary. I'm crazy in love with Kim Jae Wook and Park Sung Hoon portrayal. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lotuzea1 said:

I actually wished there is no preview of ep 16... if only they stop it there on the all white scene, the viewers emotion will be deepended 

but as always FOE never disappoints, praying for a happy ending!! 

Yes.. I agree with you. They should release the preview next week :)

At first, I did not want any spoiler so I did not watch the preview of 16 ep. But I couldn't. The temptation to know Do Hyun Soo' s fate is very big..
Base on the pace of the previous episodes, I  have confidence that the writer and director will give us a satisfying ending and wrap all the stories. They should give us group dinner with aunty Hae Soo and soon to be aunt Kim Moo Jin :)

• Like 6

Poor Egg Tart:tears:.I cannot even begin to imagine how scared she was with the whole ordeal. It must have been a horrifying experience for her. Hearing her "teacher" (Hae Soo) groaning in pain from the stab wound outside but couldn't do anything because Teacher said not to open the door. No mummy and daddy around. Then hearing strange voices from the police outside but still cant open the door because teacher said open the door only for your mother

0d755bf52aff9c256c940a6ac553f9555885abfe

ac5aeccc3e87c12e4de60660d4fd51c84e52b2ac

353da655d933511b96048398a1e19b66877a3e53

gif credit: winar

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2