[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

Okay so if the maid is saying she knows things, she is asking to be killed :hotinhere2:

If Baek Man Wo wants his son to escape the country, its better, I mean for our beloved characters though. By the way I don't really expect Hee Sung to suddenly start moving and go around doing stuff in the final few episodes. I mean the guy was on bed for at least 10 years, I expect his father doing all the dirty stuff, which of course includes Silencing the maid :sweating:

EDIT: Looks like we need to have a moment for the maid. He did kill her. But I am disappointed, it takes weeks of therapy in making a guy walk after waking from coma :isannoyed:

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Wait!? So Baek Man Wo wants to send his son away?! Like how SMART of you, to send your killer son to another country.

They always send them to America. Let him go to America they will gun him down. For a doctor he is so dumb. The country he would go to would dig into his medical records, police records and it would only be a matter of time before they catch on his hobby(murdering people). Its not like he wont have the impulse to murder if he goes to a foreign country:unsure:. What a mess this Baek Family!!!!

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Like... I don't even know what to say anymore. For a moment I thought Baek Hee Sung would kill his parents as well.

I would not be surprised if he would kill his mom next. But again, I am disappointed a lot with him suddenly being able to stand, for me it is bad writing. :isannoyed:

Would have loved to see how Baek Man Woo would deal with it instead of Hee Sung. We can now expect him go after Hae Soo, since she knows his face too. :sweating:

• Like 7

i think this drama is not about complex charactorization as we thought. 

It's mostly about a pot boiling plot that is focused on aligining the peices together. Its all about the suspense , the story and the chase.

I doubt we will see more dimensions to the characters. We are just going get the chase and answers wrapped up nicley.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:
24 minutes ago, Jillia said:
11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

'm curious though... after so many years in coma to walk and run around like that. He should basically have no muscles on his body. He would be too weak to overpower the maid even... But I guess we have to buy it for the sake of the drama storytelling.

I would not be surprised if he would kill his mom next. But again, I am disappointed a lot with him suddenly being able to stand, for me it is bad writing.

What if he faked his coma?Like he was pretending to be a vegetable but was only waiting for the right time to wake up. His eyes were moving sometimes although thats normal for comatose people. I cant trust BHS with anything.He sneaky as hell..

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

I'm pretty sure that's the case. At least I think Baek Hee Sung killed Do Min Seok. Not sure if his parents are involved... I don't think so since his mother was genuinely shocked when she found the stuff in Baek Hee Sung's room and seeing him try to bury Do Hyun Soo alive.

@Sleepy Owl @Tuiwgn @-Love Blossom-

I'm curious though... after so many years in coma to walk and run around like that. He should basically have no muscles on his body. He would be too weak to overpower the maid even... But I guess we have to buy it for the sake of the drama storytelling.

I think though... that Baek Hee Sung is now coming for Do Hyun Soo and it's scaring the heck out of me!

Now what are the chances that Baek Hee Sung was the actual killer and Do Min Seok the accomplice? Maybe Do Min Seok joined him while investigating the disappearance of his wife. We know she disappeared when Hyun Su was just a child. 

Hee Sung came to know about his plans and killed him. Put all the blame on him and went underground for some years. 

But as for Hee Sung standing, moving and running. Frankly that's crappy writing. I mean forget coma, if a person remains in bed for some months for any reason, could be accident, due to surgery or even coma for a couple of months, he requires therapy for some weeks. They are made to walk using some support initially and then walk for some distance without the support. It's not like I woke up after 10 years of coma, I'll stay in wheelchair for some days and BOOM i can run now. With that body of his, he cannot really move. He should not have strength to do anything right now. :surprisedwut:

I remember talking to a friend and saying the story telling has been so good that they'll not go that way and suddenly make him move and run. I was wrong it seems :saitama:

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Looks like instead Baek Man Wo wants to send him to the United Kingdom.

Oh well thats even worse, the common murderers weapon of choice over there is knives. BHS would have fun over there I guess:whytho: such a scary set of people.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

i think this drama is not about complex charactorization as we thought. 

It's mostly about a pot boiling plot that is focused on aligining the peices together. Its all about the suspense , the story and the chase.

I doubt we will see more dimensions to the characters. We are just going get the chase and answers wrapped up nicley.

You are spot on. The good thing is that all four lead characters are multi layered enough. So this style works. Go back to the first page of this thread.The drama is described as an intense emotional chase thriller. I think in a way its good that the characterisation is not too complex. Otherwise the drama would fall into the famous makjang territory. Its a melo after all. A good melodrama does things in moderation. A bad one lets things boil over into absurdity. Its not easy to draw that fine line.I give the writer here some big thumbs up. She is trying.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Sleepy Owl

Well storytelling still good but definitely makes no sense... I think I could've lived with it if we had had a timejump within the drama of let's say 1 or 2 months. That's enough time for a person to build up muscles again. Then I would've been like "okay, it's a drama we need to move things for the plot to progress". But now it seems like it all happened within a few days which makes no sense. :lol:

No, I usually give a lot of importance to plot making sense. At least for dramas like this, where there is no sci-fi involved. So as of now, the plot became sort of bad for me. They could have given a time jump, or even they could make Baek Hee Sung wake up much earlier. The plot since the start has been happening like in days. Maybe max of 2 months could have passed since the start of plot (which is definitely lesser than that). 

16 minutes ago, violina said:

What if he faked his coma?Like he was pretending to be a vegetable but was only waiting for the right time to wake up. His eyes were moving sometimes although thats normal for comatose people. I cant trust BHS with anything.He sneaky as hell..

I would not really buy any reason for him being like this. I mean he could fake it for some months, lets say a year too, but can't fake it for 10 years. That with your parents being a competent doctor and pharmacist. You can't really fool them. So no matter how sneaky you are, once you are in coma, you are in coma. If you wake up, you wake up and can't fake still being in coma. And even if he did fake it all, remaining in bed all that time would make him require walking practice for days. 

I really can't hide my disappointment right now. 

• Like 5

I think BHs coma is plan by his father. Because his father don't want his son get in jail. Remember when his mother take out the ventilator BHS is alive. If he is in coma he must died. Now I understand the reason why Gong MiJa sometime be lost control. She can't accept have a psycopath son who kill so many people. If you are a mother you will be crazy if your son like that. 

• Like 9

I did start this drama thinking we'll see Hyun Su being actually the baddie. In my opinion the plot would be much interesting that way. Making us guess till last moment whether he really is the accomplice or someone else is (like they tried to do in the initial few episodes). But after that it became chase and find the accomplice, making their own team and putting in their thoughts, which actually was really good and well written. But now, it looks to be Meh and will be going the typical serial murder thriller type of drama. 

Hee Sung going after Hae Soo, Moo Jin and Hyun Soo's family, him fighting him off while trying to protect everyone. I am still interested in seeing how the plot will develop and how it will all be ending, but really lost a lot of interest from here on I guess. Of course what we all saw were Gifs, so maybe after watching the episode, I might have some other thoughts....Maybe, looks less likely to me. :isannoyed: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So my anxiety level is UP THERE right now! I'm worried for Ji Won, Hyun Soo, Hae Soo and Moo Jin.

One of them is definitely gonna die, otherwise Hee Sung would really be useless even though he was an accomplice of high profile serial killer. 

One of them will end up in hospital. 

We might see Moo Jin sacrificing himself to save Hae Soo. Hyun Su/Ji Won ending up injured while trying to save either of themselves. 

Things are gonna get dirty now. :sweating:

• Like 5