[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I think the bedroom scene might be one of my favorite scenes... until I've seen the whole episode. I just like how they talk.

AND can we please praise both, Lee Jun Ki and Moon Chae Won, for their performance!? Like... I'm going to riot if they don't win SOMETHING for this drama.

@jeonghyang-chingu, we got fully blessed! Moon Chae Won playing Cha Ji Won. She always wants to play different characters. And she truly is able to show herself as an actress with Cha Ji Won.

- That's why I really LOVE her.  73.gif?w=50

We're in this TOGETHERI like the look of Cha Ji Won, it's so fierce.

CcXQi9M.gif

' Holding hands is like giving a promise that the two of you will never have to face the world alone. '

GhHZHMF.gif

Spoiler

nGuvWNS.gif

Ohh nooooo.... 75.gif?w=50

dHBmt32.gif

Do Hyun Soo, I didn't know you like kinky stuff. 45.gif?w=50

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Well colour me surprised. I was convinced that BHS nail biting in the preview was a red herring. I'm so glad that HS and JW are finally on the same page and had time to talk it out. They're gonna need to stick together to find evidence to put BHS behind bars since the baek family's slippery. And HS finally realised he loves JW! Finally my boy took you long enough.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Our single episode thia week, is unbelievable! Did DHS now can feel emotion? So, did they diagnosed him wrong or over time his changed? Wonder that. I'm off to watch the RAW now after uolls live recap (TQ!) and quickly go to sleep. Good nite! 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, an-naum said:

Our single episode thia week, is unbelievable! Did DHS now can feel emotion? So, did they diagnosed him wrong or over time his changed? Wonder that. I'm off to watch the RAW now after uolls live recap (TQ!) and quickly go to sleep. Good nite! 

I believe he was misdiagnosed. When something is said to you over and over in the end you start to believe it. It could also be that he has autism. think about it... DHS can focus on thing like autistic people usually do. almost like obsession. 

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I mean in the end we don't know what really happened. If he was influenced by how his parents, mostly his father, treated him and how the village people stigmatized him as evil because he was the son of a serial killer. We shouldn't forget the village people wanted to perform an exorcism on him or even did. And Do Hae Soo wanted to stop that from happening again and that's why she ended up killing the foreman.

He was and is different since he isn't able to vocalize his feelings properly. Hence why he needed Hae Soo to translate what he feels to him and same for Ji Won. I guess that he was able to say "I love you" got a lot to do with what Ji Won told him how she knew he loved her just by his actions and he denied at first he could love her but then she said exactly that and I think that convinced him that what he is feeling for her is love. I don't think he is magically healed but I might not be as "damaged" as people made him believe to be.

was listening to this podcast a few months back (where this counselor gives feedback on a reality show) and he said something curious -- apparently many people will say they have never experienced love despite being in serious long term relationships/marriage. basically they don't experience love the way other people do in terms of movies/dramas or feelings as commonly described (flushes, heart beats, giddy etc). so they believe they aren't in love at all. however, they do care a lot about their partner and have a lot of feelings towards them but they will not term it as love. so thats what it reminds me of with hyun su.

like @Maral noted, he could be some sort of high functioning autistic who doesn't understand what his own emotions are telling him unless it is logically cut and dried. so he needs actions to understand the way hae soo explained the meaning of precious -- when something is still precious to you and makes you ache years after losing, then it means something; so basically hyun soo needs a different framework to understand emotions....

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

Done watching the Raw. Or is it me dreaming or DHS has a superb healing power? His wound healed in one night! lol. His should have a bruised mark on his wrist too because his strugling to free himself from the the rope tied to the door handle. Or JW done his make up to be presented to her Sunbae.. 

From the preview, he turn himself in and cuff by wifey JW. He needs to clarify the charges on him. Free himself from the past and start a new with his own name. 

The Baek is a cray cray family. We will see next week how all happened. Nite again! 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Ooooh, I like this a lot, @Lmangla. :D And it makes sense, especially since I also think he was diagnosed wrongly by the psychiatrist back then and therefore wrongly treated. And when Do Hyun Soo never knew what love looks like or how it feels or a completely different idea how love should feel, it makes completely sense that he thinks what he feels for Ji Won isn't love. He was always using the word "need". He "needs Cha Ji Won". It's basically his way of saying he loves Cha Ji Won. We should just ask why he thinks "need" equals "love". Because he must think that only if he needs someone it's love. But need isn't always a good thing. Just like he needed to listen to his mother's voice to be somewhat normal. How healthy can it be? It can be healthy, don't get me wrong. We all have coping mechanisms. But it could potentially be problematic as well.

In any case a very interesting topic to talk about.

actually that podcast was really interesting because this word 'love' would cause a lot of conflict and so the counselor has to break it down for the more expressive partner that they have to stop expecting some lofty poetic declarations which are frankly never going to come and see it differently. so he was saying that partners should be wary of pushing their spouse to express something they don't feel and instead read their actions even if it doesn't fit the movie/drama definitions of romantic.

so yea, his admission of needing her is really an equivalent of love from his side -- it means that he is willing to admit that he is vulnerable and wants someone to be by his side. even if that means he can't necessarily protect himself. thats why hae soo is able to cut through his shrug and see that he does love ji won in his own way -- it may not be the traditional format of what is expected but he cares more than he knows. he ran like a kid because ji won said meet me in an hour. who runs like that -- does she actually mean that if he doesn't show up in the park within an hour, she would dump him? they are adults and that would be ridiculous but he took her literally and ran like a kiddo and was out of breath. so she had to stop paying attention to empty words and instead look at his actions to see what he was telling.

also I don't think this kind of bad reading of emotions is limited to folks like hyun soo. the truth is we all struggle to read people to a certain extent and we misread and misunderstand all the time. and many of us would have a hard time with the question "are you in love?" ... some just struggle more with this than others...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Here I am again after crying a river ... so I usually use a headset when watching movies, so only listening to these two [ without watching] makes me heart aching so bad   - the narrative controls the emotional engagement so well  that one who doesn't understand Korean will be brought to tears or to the edge of his/her seat.

Great episode - so we have our accomplice, but 5 episodes means that a lot of stuff is going to happen and I don't have any idea of how things will work out... I can come up with some scenarios but - gosh - this last ep is so heavy - and we want a happy ending, bad guys to be punished and a couple in real life [hhehheehhe].

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Just watched Ep. 11 raw and am here to say what a phenomenal Ep.15 it was (!!!!!) - I mean, did they leave anything out?! No twist was left unturned in this episode!

Loved it.

Did not like that they showed ML rescuing FL when she's the one who had come to get him. Did not like the way that whole scene was played out, but whatever, plenty of crying and repenting by ML was good. Did not understand a word of it, but loved all of it.

Loved the unexpected kiss. 

Loved the big reveal of (is it really a spoiler alert when all of you guessed it was real BHS)? Bravo! The real shocker for me was that the real BHS is supposed to be OLDER than ML!

And, the fact that FOE world really really really is a very very small world!!! 

With FIVE episodes left, what other campy OTT trope have the writers in store for us?! Nothing will surprise me after this episode! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So ... I do think the real Hee Seong is the killer -  he was the one in charge of getting rid of the victims - some of them were kidnapped for their organs or some other horror stuff and they were not supposed to get alive after what would had happened to them. On the other hand Do Min Seok was just making some money or did have some weird "hobby" like Michelangelo [ just kidding].

He killed Do Min Seok and made it look that he was the killer, he also killed that village man, and now he is trying his luck manipulating his parents.

Maybe detective Choi will help them; and the housemaid - she might be the relative of one of the victims or the village man's or she might be the helper of that mafioso.

GOOD NIGHT!!! TAKE CARE!!!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I feel like do hyun so might not be the real son of do min seok.  He doesnt have any memory beforehand?  Could min seok had kidnapped ? I feel like do hyun so might be another son of baek family?  The maid might have kept secret.  Maybe since he was imperfect baby he could have let go by father..
i think now there will be conflict in do hyun so to choose between sister and wife whom he loves the most.  His wife wants his sister to confess the killing.  Sister is willing to confess but do hyun so wont let her tell the truth. 

just a thought :)

• Like 6
  • Shocked 2

managed to catch the preview with subs. Seems like from ep 12 to 16, there is a new story arch:

Spoiler

likely hyun soo will be sent to the station to be questioned by detective choi but hae soo confesses and he will be let go. Now Jiwon knows that the sister is the real killer, she feels bad for her husband for having to suffer so much because of what hae soo did. A body is discovered, judging by the fact that they knew the nails were missing, does it mean that its a fresh body (and not jung mi sook? if it is jung mi sook, how can they still see the state of the nails after 18 years in the ground?) Is the real baek hee sung back in action? Most likely ji won and hyun soo will be thrown into a spiral by this as Hyun Soo will now become the number 1 suspect of the new crimes. Ji Won will have to arrest Hyun Soo for this (however, the previews are always deceiving, so i don't know if he will actually end up getting arrested, might be a hallucination). 

also, i am worried about the fact that he doesn't remember what happened to him before the age of 10:

Spoiler

could he have accidentally become an accomplice during that time? why was the father  training him to be familiar with the forest? did he do something, witness his father do something to his mother? anyway his mother went missing in 1997 when he was 12. I was low key guessing that the house maid might be hyun soo's mom, but i guess he should remember her from the 2 years of his memory with his mom. And was it confirmed that his mom died?

• Like 10

It's kind of a bummer this show isn't on Netflix... I wish people could see this drama and know this kind of high-calibre acting, writing and directing. I am just so glad Chae Won picked this up after 2 year hiatus, her acting together with Joon Gi's (and actually, everyone on the show) is a match made in heaven. Even the way their tears fall is soooo heartbreakingly beautiful.

• Like 6