[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

My predictions

The real beak soong is the accomplice of min seok. He was looking for prodigy and he found that in baek song 

then i felt that baek song father also has anti social personality that why maybe his son also has it. How to deal with this personality depends on individual nature.   If you have conscience you can be doctor or live a normal life like do hyun su.

the accomplice might want to kill do hyun so sister. Sister said that he was studying her feature. The fact that she is all alone. Her father died and her brother ran away made her perfect victim.  Baek soong said on the night when he hit do hyun so he was going to meet a girl which could be do hyun so sister. 
Moreover in the precap when sister come to doctor hom, the expression of baek soong looks scsry. 
do hyun so’s sister is hiding something that could be completely unrelated to this murder case. She somewhat is angry at reporter kim for not being their when she needed most. She said after saving she would do thing she need to do. This theory can be a little too much. Do hyun so’s sister might have kid.  
i really think the foreman of village did not die innocent death but he deserved it.  

5 hours ago, Pikachu92 said:

Yes, i think the same way , the real Baek Hae Su is the killer from his eyes. But what i want to know the most is why His Father make him coma , why? and why he ask Do Hyun Su to be his son since he know it will be risk both of their life.

From episode 10, do hyun so said the doctor is similar to him.  The mother might have accidentally hit the real Beak when he called after accident. 
the doctor like do hyun so thinks rationally and without emotions.  He takes action what is best useful for him making his seem kind of self fish. He calculated the situation and found making his son is the best case scenario. 
in spite of being antisocial people might have feeling for own kids. That why he was holding on to his son. While the mother feels sorry enough to let the comatose son die

• Like 5

I’m hesitant to think the accomplice is the real BHS, only because that’s what it seems the drama wants us to think, and it’s actually someone completely different. I’m curious if it might have been him at the funeral, but he was there to tell Hae Soo that he knows who the real accomplice is and he gave her his number or the number to a burner phone. Because I’d think if he didn’t want to be found he wouldn’t wear the wrist band. Though he does have killer eyes. 

sidenote: I’m loving this OST so much (the one by Shin Yong Jae) I want the full version so bad

Edited by Kayllee21
  • Like 7

Hello everyone!
I haven’t written anything due to lack of time. And I really haven’t read all to comment so I apologies if I’m repeating things others has said.

NOW! What an awesome drama this is. I really thought DHS was a bad guy. Boy was I wrong and I’m glad for it.
This story is so complex and well written that it blows my mind. DHS isn’t a bad guy. He’s just a misunderstood person whom I believe have an misdiagnosed disability. He believes he can’t feel because he  has suppressed all feelings since his mothers disappearance. Hence the pains he his getting….I think that’s due to the emotions he has kept pushing aside, believing he can’t feel. The society has made him believe he’s abnormal. He has been  mold to be abnormal. 

But with his wife and child he has had some sort of selftherapy.  … the therapy he didn’t get as a child. 

I love how they have showed how the society let these children down. I love that CJW called the stupid women who diagnosed him. And I love how they sister his shown dealing with things very different from DHS. It’s almost like she his opposite and can’t control her emotions due to the same pain. 

Love the script, the plot and the acting.

Ps! I believe the   Baek Hee Sung or his dad (or both)  are involved. My money is on the dad! 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

sorry @Tuiwgn, I was tired - I read that they've stopped filming for now - so HOW MANY  eps  haven't they shot yet? 

@kara_mella , ahh, that I don’t know, hopefully not many....:huh: they did start filming some months ago, was it March? 

safety first though, all the best to Cast and crew, South Korea and the world really! Take care and stay well everyone!

• Like 6

i think filming wise, they are almost done. last week they received the last ep script, so i am assuming they were filming either ep15 or the beginning of ep 16 before they had to stop work. 

The issue is post production. we are likely to see more upcoming episodes being delayed due to the halt in post production work. But if they were desperate, some of the post work can be done at home, or on an alternate work week basis. however it all depends how bad the covid situation gets. if it moves to mandatory lockdown, they might not be able to even finish filming the drama until further notice. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

@kara_mella , ahh, that I don’t know, hopefully not many....:huh: they did start filming some months ago, was it March? 

safety first though, all the best to Cast and crew, South Korea and the world really! Take care and stay well everyone!

I thought they had pretaped the whole show:cries3:

oh well safety first .. darn covid-19:angry:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I also believe they were far ahead when it comes to filming this drama. I think they cancel one episode next week to have more time to edit and to see whether they can pick up filming again to finish shooting this drama. :D

But safety for cast and crew comes first!

i will actually be devastated if they dont get to finish filming, cause the show is just that good. 

However, safety definitely comes first, wishing the cast and crew good health. and hope that the situation in south korea improves. 

• Like 6

After episode 9 and 10 I'm sure my theories about the real Baek Heesung are complete nonsense lol 

It's getting pretty clear he was either the accomplice (his nails are just he same as the ones Haesoo saw) or his dad was also involved in something.

But what I don't like is what a small (kdrama) world for Baek Heesung to run over the son of the serial killer he once knew, what underwhelming twist if that's what going to happen. And why would his dad help Hyunsoo? Ugh, I don't know, I wish I'm wrong and that the accomplice is a total difference person, tbh. 

And our pitiful leads!!! What a sad love story we have here, breaks my heart seeing both of them falling a part like this, but still trying to hard to keep things together because of love. 

• Like 6

One of the people I follow in Twitter made a theory further and it sheds some light about real BHS in the earlier episodes in the thread

I highly suggest to open these tweets to check the whole thread

Edited by smartiegal
Update LOL
  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1

THE DRAMA IS SO GOOD! Aside from the brilliant acting of Lee Joon Gi and very poignant emotion of Moon Chae Won, I also want to give a shout out to Baek's family for their acting, with special mentioned to the real Baek Hee Sung! Aaaaah! Now I know why I should not watch a crime thriller -- I can't handle the suspense! I just watched the episode 10 earlier and my hands were cold. Episode 10 plus that preview for episode 11 made me felt anxious, earlier. 

Episode 11 is set to make my heart feel sadder. 

I am not sure if the real Hee Sung has an ASPD as he showcased so many emotions at today's episode. He also seems like he was terrified when his car hit Hyun Soo. I am betting that the accomplice is the father. During that hospital scene, he urge Hyun Soo to kill the taxi driver, almost the same to how Hyun Soo's father encourage him to commit bad behaviors towards  animals by saying that he'll watch him do what he wanted to do with it.

Btw, the scene where Ji Won slammed that psychiatrist over the phone was so satisfying! That psychiatrist should never be permitted to work over that title! She did not even bother to give Hyun Soo treatment after her diagnosis, they just condemned Hyun Soo more because of that diagnosis. I don't know much about if her diagnosis is real or not. But, I remember the essay written by a person diagnosed with ASPD that is going under treatment that I've read and also sent here (in his case, the psychiatric doctors he met brushed his sickness and did not give him treatment nor diagnosed him properly. He spent his life after that becoming violent as he was involved in his fights until he met a woman and the woman got pregnant that he decided to change for better and undergo treatment for ASPD), I really feel like what Hyun Soo's thinking is somehow similar to that person.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, chrisjae_18 said:

Hi. I was just a bit confused. Why did Hyun Soo remove his wedding ring that morning. Any opinion on it please?

I think it was a symbolic gesture. 

He is seeing more and more how dangerous his lie is becoming, and having trouble maintaining the facade of Baek hee sung (as u can see from the painful panic attacks). I think it shows that he is tired of being another person and finally wants to face the world, and his wife as do hyun soo, hence removing the ring.

Although I will be low key excited if it was a twist, that he was really violent and a killer or along and managed to fool us all. I think lee joon gi can pull that off, it's just that it'll become a totally different drama all together. 

• Like 8

I am also worried for moo Jin, 

Spoiler

Hyun Soo asked him to help execute a back up plan in case the original falls apart. We don't see him in the trailer I wonder what will happen to his character? 

I think it's crucial for moo Jin to stay alive, because in essence only he can help to clear hyun so's name. An investigation and court order can rule hyun soo as innocent but only a meticulous ly reported article can help to change people's perception and help hyun soo and his family get their life back. 

Also I keep thinking about what the taxi driver said, that he will never give up finding his wife's body just so that what the people say about her death can change. I wonder if there is any foreshadowing taking place here. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I love the writer of this show! I've watched some of her dramas and I loved that all of her dramas have realistic themes, even the twist in her romcom drama special, "Bride in Sneakers", is just really simple, not overly complicated but lowkey hits the message of greed and selfishness. The themes of her dramas are not so extreme, yet they are able to deliver the message! Aside from LJK and MCW's comeback, she is actually one of the reasons why I decided to watch this, I just knew the writing will be solid!

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I mean it could go either way... I still think it's real Baek Hee Sung who is the accomplice. BUT Baek Man Woo is shady as well. But they make a purposeful distinction between father and son. While son seems to bite his nails, his father is cutting them neatly.

BUT that could be a red herring.

But the biggest question is: no matter who was the accomplice of the two. How did they meet Do Min Seok?

I place my bet on Baek Man Woo. The guy Hae Su met seemed to have the built of man. But we know that Hyun Su and Baek Hee Sung have don't have a significant age gap. I don't really remember but i guess it 4 years. Let's say 5 years. Hae Su was 19 years old, and Hyun Su would have been 15-16 years old (do correct me). 

But their age does not matter much, what matters is the age of Hee Song, right? He was 20-21 years old back then. Now if we actually try to match the profile of the accomplice, it would be more similar to that of a middle aged man at that time. Because if he would have been young, Hae Su would at least remember that. At the same time the lady who saw Jung Mi Sook's abduction said that the guy claimed to be her husband. 

Also read somewhere in this thread that Baek Man Woo could have been involved in organ trafficking. Selling them to important clients. Let's try to see what we have got. Baek Man Woo has been shown to be wicked and shady. He does not hesitate when it comes to even talking about eliminating others. The accomplice had told Hae Su that Do Min Seok helped him once back then. The only thing she remembers is that the guy had a comforting voice. If you listen to Baek Man Woo's voice, it actually is soft and deep. Now of course that is not enough for coming to conclusions. 

But if Baek Hee Song was the murderer, he would not try to help out Hyun Su after hitting him by car. That too in the mountains where the chances of CCTV camera being available was also less. Remember, the accomplice could actually be the killer, but even if he is accomplice, he is a cold murderer. A person like that who is considered to be going to meet a woman (most probably to kill her) would not like disturbances like car accident. He could actually even dump Hyun Su in the mountain and no one would come to know. This guy even after waking inquired about Hyun Su as soon as he woke up. So I think we can actually remove him from the list. 

The human trafficker did say that the accomplice was a client of his and is actually a scary guy. Would he actually consider person who did not contact him for 15-16 years a client? I don't think so.

Did no one else feel it to be suspicious how easily and fast Baek Man Woo offered Hyun Su to take his son's identity? That's because he knows whose son he is and also wanted to use him as he liked and then dump him whenever he could. Not to forget he has got an old phone in his room in hospital, which seemed similar to that of Hyun Su's one which was given to him by the trafficker. 

So here is what I think it was, maybe Baek Hee Song had got an idea about his dad's work and going to investigate things on his own when an accident happened in he went into coma.

In the end if you ask me to choose between Baek Man Woo or Baek Hee Song, I'd say Baek Man Woo is the accomplice. 

Also along with Moo Jin now I am seeing a major death flag over Hae Su. One of these two is definitely gonna die. Maybe Moo Jin will die trying to save Hae Su. He left her back then when she needed him the most, maybe this time he'll save her when needs him the most.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 3

I am super confused why BHS would save DHS if he was really the accomplice? BMW would have left DHS to die. His actions don't seem like a killer to me. I think it is highly possible that his family is involved with all of this, but being the accomplice doesn't make sense to me unless I missed something. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

I don't know about you guys, but there was something different on episode 10 scene where the bartender looked happy that Hwang Jung-Soon died, then their leader seemed annoyed, I feel like something bad is going to happen to that bartender. I have a bad feeling about that team leader (I know he's already bad but he could even be more evil!)

Adding to the Baek Man Woo theory as the accomplice, I did not really think that he was the accomplice not until this episode. I'm still betting on him instead of the real Baek Hee Sung, but I'm wondering, why would he go all the trouble to go to Do Min Seok's funeral, and as he was very rich, why would the team leader get enticed with only 100,000,000 won if they can get more of this from Baek Man Woo?! Or, maybe he already planned something before Hyun Soo could have acted.

Btw, aside that Baek Man Woo is evil and he's encouraged Hyun Soo to kill the taxi driver, he's very manipulative too like how he manipulates his wife saying that she's just depressed or what. If there's a marriage who needs to get a divorce here, it's not Jiwon and Hyun Soo, but Baek Man Woo and Gong Mi-ja! He brings out the bad in his wife and made her feeling pitiful and worse for 18 years; not only he exerts physical violence towards his wife, he's also hurting her psychologically! 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, sas79 said:

I am super confused why BHS would save DHS if he was really the accomplice? BMW would have left DHS to die. His actions don't seem like a killer to me. I think it is highly possible that his family is involved with all of this, but being the accomplice doesn't make sense to me unless I missed something. 

I don't know for sure if real BHS is the accomplice, but I'm pretty sure he is the one who was at the funeral. In that case, he would know DHS when he hit him with the car. It doesn't seem like a killer would save a stranger, but he might save someone he had set up to take the blame for his crimes. Or maybe for his father's crimes if BMW is the real accomplice.

• Like 7

I have a feeling that the accomplice is a totally new character or could be Hyun Soo’s mother that left them ages ago. 

New character theory - I don’t think any of the current characters fit the bill of being the accomplice. However I think Baek Man Woo is related to the accomplice. Probably BMW was dealing with the accomplice that’s why he did not respond to any of the real Baek Hee Sung’s calls the night of BHS’s accident. This will really bring the drama full circle if it happens. 

Mother theory - I think with Do Min Seok’s personality he won’t work with anyone he doesn’t truly know. So, the accomplice should be someone familiar. Probably the mother also have some mental issues and needed to be hospitalized that’s why she left leaving the kids at a young age and Hae Soo not recognising her but finding her voice comforting. 

Well... that’s just my theory... 

On a side note, I am also wondering who is the woman the real BHS was supposed to meet that night. Couldn’t it be Cha Ji Won? If it is, I think he will be more motivated to get back his name and live BHS/Do Hyun Soo’s life.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1