[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

Spider-Hee Sung, Spider-Hee Sung... here comes Spider-Hee Sung!

Sorry I know this is serious but WOW he was just hanging in there. :D

The real SPIDEY is trembling right now. He'll be replaced by SPIDEY HEE-SUNG. 2.gif

I wanna PINCH this spidey too for bein' cheeky. 101.gif

Spoiler

ItfOIuo.gif

Today's episode is the REVELATIONS of these psychopaths.122.gif

Spoiler

JaISXuu.gif

mEXrOsb.gif

Q02ZTUR.gif

Spoiler

MGbpHP9.gif

3 hours ago, thephamle said:

I am so confused. Why would the beat up reporter working with BHS now?!? Need english sub asap!

Thanks @jeonghyang !!!

My theory is he'll uncover the TRUTH thru Baek Hee Sung.33.gif Not sure though.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

I wonder what would have Jiwon's first reaction if she had seen her husband hanging there. Like hubby what the hell are you doing? With the junior cop around them it would have been more of an embarrassing situation than shocking :lol:

@thephamle I am also not good in Korean but with my limited Korean I have understood that the reporter had found out about a serial killing but he kept quite. So BHS is now threatening him that if he doesn't work with him then he will reveal everything and it will destroy his career because if the reporter had informed police about the serial killings then some murders could have been prevented. Something like this I might be wrong though.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, andy78 said:

The real Baek Hee Sung is in a comatose state?I wonder what will happen when he 'll wake up /if he wakes up...

Hmmmm . the question is why the current BHS is using the real BHS identity and the parents are going along with this charade? 

Most important- no kiss or affection in this episode?!? why?!?!?

• Like 10
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, andy78 said:

The real Baek Hee Sung is in a comatose state?I wonder what will happen when he 'll wake up /if he wakes up...

I had a feeling again that the original BHS (Kim Ji Hoon) was force to be in coma state by the father (hospital director) - like the Yong Pal series of sleeping beauty. I feel that he is the true evil, like if he wake up he will cause so much chaos (real serial killer). 

And even everyone admit that Do Min Seok is the serial killer, I believe there is something with this Baek's family had done to the Do family like blackmailing them to take all the blame from the serial killing. Remembered what BHS aka Do Hyun Soo says, it is all about reputation - if you are doing good, no one will blame you if something bad happened.

Baek family have a good reputation, and who will blame them if they are related to all this dark serial killing. Just my two cents of instinct.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 5

“Flower Of Evil” Ratings Rise For 3rd Episode; “CHIP-IN” Beats Out “Into The Ring”

Aug 6, 2020

The battle for Wednesday-Thursday drama ratings remains as close as ever!

On August 5, the third episode of Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won’s new tvN thriller “Flower of Evil” enjoyed an increase in viewership from its previous episode last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent.

MBC’s “CHIP-IN” and KBS 2TV’s “Into the Ring” remained neck-and-neck last night, but “CHIP-IN” managed to pull ahead of “Into the Ring” with its latest episode. The August 5 episode of “CHIP-IN” scored average nationwide ratings of 2.9 percent and 3.2 percent for its two parts, while “Into the Ring” followed close behind with average ratings of 2.6 percent and 3.1 percent.

Finally, JTBC’s “Was It Love?” scored an average nationwide rating of 1.8 percent for the evening.

congrats to "flower of evil" they made to the top 1 and lots of viewers love the story and its getting better and better every episode hoping it continue to rise and recieved lots of popularity,...fighting

• Like 10
  • Awesome 2

This was a great episode. I absolutely love that the writer has taken this in a direction more toward solving this murder mystery instead of dragging out whether or not DH is a murderer. The twist of having Reporter Kim basically on his side is a fantastic plot move. 

The reveal that the real Hee Sung is in a coma is a great makjang reveal. I can't wait to see how him inserting himself into that role all played out. I assume he blackmailed the parents in some way, but having him take their sons place seems radical and crazy. I mean, he was 18 - wouldn't people have known what he looked like? Maybe they used the plastic surgery excuse or something.

Anyway, I'm loving the twists and turns in the show and the continued exploration of character. 

Hands down, my favorite moment of the episode was Reporter Kim's reaction to Ji Won telling Hee Sung/Do Hyun that he's 'too nice to everyone'. How far back in his head did his eyes roll? 

704bd8f69011df9114a1b8cf74224f667389ec34My gif

Can't wait to see where it goes tomorrow!

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Just finish the third episode without any spoiler because i decided not to open my social media until i wacth this :Woah:

That was crazy!!!

So many plot twist!!

Who is behind this murder?

What happend in that camcorder?

How that hyunsoo become heesung?

Arrgghhh :wut:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

i think not all psycho is a killer ,..he is a phycho with no emotion ,..phycho who has evil inside means they are lack of emotion and dont feel regret ..they have physical disorder that naturaly born that way..

• Like 8

Argghhhh, frantic at work today and just sitting down now catching up on all the posts (did stayed up last night following the gifs from @jeonghyang, thanks again)

From that and your comments I am gathering that reporter MJ and BHS are working together to solve the mystery ( that thought did cross my mind before because he couldn't die so early ....so if he doesnt die , the only alternative will be this)

But loving this drama, so fast pace and intense, unlike a lot of the usual lovey dovey, predictable ones (not that they can't be good) and kudos to all the actors, they are taking us for a very exciting ride!!!

Thank you write nim, well done !!!

Now we only need the drama to be recognised  - deserves all the awards out there ! I think I read someone suggesting the best kiss award too. Well, if there isn't one, we can create one, hahaha

• Like 10

So many secrets.

I wonder what was in that tape that made Moo Jin be so compliant? And it looks like Ji Won has some secrets of her own.. So the real Hee Song is hooked onto life support while Hyun Soo assumes his identity? This is like the drama Are You Human LoL?   

Hyun Soo looked nonchalant as he made that phone call from standing at the ledge LoL. Damn that was a close call. I gasped when he nearly slipped. Now it's a race between locating the copycat killer and Ji Won finding out more on Hyun Soo's past.  

:joy: at Moo Jin's reaction when Ji Won mentioned Hyun Soo was too nice.:w00t: Felt a lil shy when Hyun Soo appeared with shirt opened in front of Eun Ha LoL!

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Argghhhh, frantic at work today and just sitting down now catching up on all the posts (did stayed up last night following the gifs from @jeonghyang, thanks again)

From that and your comments I am gathering that reporter MJ and BHS are working together to solve the mystery ( that thought did cross my mind before because he couldn't die so early ....so if he doesnt die , the only alternative will be this)

But loving this drama, so fast pace and intense, unlike a lot of the usual lovey dovey, predictable ones (not that they can't be good) and kudos to all the actors, they are taking us for a very exciting ride!!!

Thank you write nim, well done !!!

Now we only need the drama to be recognised  - deserves all the awards out there ! I think I read someone suggesting the best kiss award too. Well, if there isn't one, we can create one, hahaha

I take that back, mine, there is a twist... nice

the only thing that's bothering me a bit is the slow motion for too many scenes (especially the part when JW was searching in reporter MJ's apartment)...

29 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

So many secrets.

I wonder what was in that tape that made Moo Jin be so compliant? And it looks like Ji Won has some secrets of her own.. So the real Hee Song is hooked onto life support while Hyun Soo assumes his identity? This is like the drama Are You Human LoL?   

Hyun Soo looked nonchalant as he made that phone call from standing at the ledge LoL. Damn that was a close call. I gasped when he nearly slipped. Now it's a race between locating the copycat killer and Ji Won finding out more on Hyun Soo's past.  

:joy: at Moo Jin's reaction when Ji Won mentioned Hyun Soo was too nice.:w00t: Felt a lil shy when Hyun Soo appeared with shirt opened in front of Eun Ha LoL!

The open shirt part: LOL, its very modest really, half covered:lol:

• Like 6

Episode 3 was really good 

Just needed to vent my frustration.

Reporter Kim is annoying and I don’t like him. He acts like he is a saint and alway calling Do Hyun Su names like MONSTER. In my opinion, I am like what the H???? Why does he keep calling hi psycho just because his sense of humor is different or he doesn’t show any emotions. He now knows DHS isn’t the serial killler but he did kill the village man 18 years ago. 

My theory is Dad never died and is still alive. It look like he is dying. But I found it so weird that he is still looking for his daughter but but the cops was able to find her quickly that is so weird. This killer is very obsessive over her too. 

I feel bad for Hyun Su. He is always being bullied but his retaliation is considered evil. Why is that? Is it okay to bully people , rob them and kill them. Everyone he meets , they think he is an evil person , ungrateful but never hearing his side of his story. Never wondering if he had caused to do what he did. NSK deserved being killedZ he tried to commit murder but HS is the one considered as in the wrong. He even stole his money. He got to love because he didn’t want to be a murder. HS is very terrified of his father. 
he know how to torture people lol 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299921925349a8d9df83

An honest answer to Cha Ji Won 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299921925349a8d9df83

• Like 10

It’s been weeks and I’m still obsessed with his relationship with Eunha.

Apparently, psychopaths /narcissists coddle their children and overwhelm them with love and care because they seek to get something from them when they get older.The children really think they have the best parents in the world and they feel seriously indebted to them growing up.

We are not sure if he’s a psychopath still ,he could just be an victim of abuse / accomplice in murder. 
But then I think about how he dealt with Eunha’s fight in kindergarten and how twisted and brilliant it was , and I do think he has traits that exhibit psychopathy. 
The way he deals with his parents is cold and calculating.

Proving his nice persona is something he switches on and off.

The question is does he act that way because that’s how he “ loves” his family or is he keeping appearances around them too for protection. 
He is smart and he gets people, I will give him that.
His relationship with Ji Won seems to built on lies, to put it bluntly.

She is keeping things,her past from him and seems to never communicate negative feelings or experiences with him. I know she is doing this to not hurt him but that’s another worm added to the can.

And he has his previous identity, of course.

Both seem to be only nice to each other and only show their best sides to each other and even if they get close to an argument, they evade it because Hee Sung easily compromises.

Their life sounds dreamlike , but like I said , if it’s too good to be true then it’s too good to be true.

Will they be able to accept each other despite their past and dark , dangerous nature? 
That’s the question this drama deals with.

As for Baek Hee Sung’s mom, again Ewwww. I know he is not your son but it’s still disturbing to see her get jealous over her daughter in law.

I think he didn’t kill nam soong Gil either because , it’s too messy and sloppy of a murder.

Beeides Nam Soong Gil mentioned Do Hyun So.

He shouldn’t care since he is Baek Hee Sung now. His only concern is with the reporter because he knows his true identity and he knows his wife. 
That’s why he locks him up and holds him until he gets dirt on him.

Killing is not something he does easily I think, given how much he is shown to be haunted by the memories of his father.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I wanted to post my first impressions after the first 2 episodes but after those I felt confused - in a good way - so I thought I would give it 2 more episodes. And after episode 3 I'm even more confused, in a good way. :lol:

:joy:

You better share your impressions from tonight episode here @Jillia-chingu. Or else, we won't get to read your first impressions till the final (if what the PD said is to be believed) lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I wanted to post my first impressions after the first 2 episodes but after those I felt confused - in a good way - so I thought I would give it 2 more episodes. And after episode 3 I'm even more confused, in a good way. :lol:

Loving the visuals in this drama by the way.

Source: DCGall

This drama is he’ll bent on confusing us smh. 
But I have to say I admire the writing technique.

Its quite the ambitious thriller, where the motives and minds of the characters are just as suspenseful and ambiguous as the setting and plot.

We are three episodes in and we can’t figure out whom to trust, which is a sign of complex character development.

i always thought it would be interesting to have a show in which the characters bring just as much intrigue and suspense to the plot as much as the story line and the conflicts.

My only problem is unlike many,I find it hard to root for the main couple because their relationship seems to be grounded in fake appearances and lies. They seem comfortable with each other but then they are not comfortable being honest and genuine.

Their happiness seems cute but forced and calculated if u look deeper.

They have a child so wow I wonder what’s going to happen when secrets are revealed.

• Like 9