[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

Thank you for the tag @jeonghyang I have been looking for another show. 41 pages just at episode 1 !!!:)

This looks really good, I like LJK,  but I make sure that his FL is pretty. Otherwise, it will be too distracting to see his pretty face next to her. She is very pretty.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

The first episode really captured me eventho with no subs last night. They offered us all the happiness at the beginning and I belief it will be a painful struggle later. HeeSung parent were really mean to JiWon :cry: but I am so ready for the next episode! 

Note: Their kissing scene is to die for! Haha

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Super dark show. The first episode was a great setup and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Honestly, though, I will get bored if it's just continuous episodes of BHS narrowly escaping Ji Won's notice. 

Up to this point, he's kept up a good facade but I hope we see Ji Won use her detective skills to figure it out rather than her stumbling upon the answer.

Eun Ha is so cute!

@Jemrie The first gif you posted is one I did on Tumblr. I really appreciate that you like the gif! I would ask that you link back to my original set so that I have credit. And if you could also link to the sofarawayinthemilkyway's set as well. Thanks very much! :)

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Back after watching the first episode and i must say the first episode was great?  It gives us insights to the dynamics of HS's family and JW's interaction with them. So it seems like HS isn't the hospital director & pharmacist's son since he is DHS (which i didn't expect) Wonder where the real BHS went then?

Plot was rather tight and fast paced actually? They solved one crime in this episode, and let viewers know BHS = DHS? And DHS kidnapping MJ right from the start? Anyone watched the NETFLIX series "You"? It's kinda similar like the psychopathic male lead locked ppl up in the basement (and subsequent murdering them) because they posed a threat to him. But obviously MJ is going to survive in this case.

They are feeding us with alot of happy moments at the start so i am sure they will wreck us at the back. :cold_sweat:

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

nd DHS kidnapping MJ right from the start? 

Yes, I saw that in the short video clips and was very surprised - wow, first encounter in the first episode , how are their interactions going  to unfold...

I haven’t had a chance to watch the episodes yet but stayed up real late to follow the posts in the forum, thank you all for the contributions.(went to work with panda eyes but totally worth it)

• Like 7

Great 1st episode. It's my favorite 1st ep in 2020 . Hope the show won't disappoint. I loved the chemistry specifically the underwater scene but i don't mind the lack of romance if they keep the suspense and thrill element as good as this ep throughout the show. IS that victim Ji Won's future as she'll deny the realty like her?! Moo Jin isn't getting killed as he's lead role. And Hee Sung is actually running from the police and He got caught by MJ. That's means the upcoming episodes will be just him running away no?! I feel like i might regret not binge watch this show when it's finished. But i'm already bewitched by it. I think MJ likes BHS's real sister. Her necklace got wrapped around the pen crafted by BHS as a hint of their relationship. *LJG is doing a great job. He's giving me the creeps*

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Wonder where the real BHS went then?

I was thinking that maybe the parents killed their son, the real BHS.

The dad is a doctor, always thought he could easily hide someone's death so easily, if he wants... 

And both of them knows the bad deeds of one another and live threatening each other...

A nice harmonious family LOL!! They are so nasty, my god......

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

53 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Back after watching the first episode and i must say the first episode was great?  It gives us insights to the dynamics of HS's family and JW's interaction with them. So it seems like HS isn't the hospital director & pharmacist's son since he is DHS (which i didn't expect) Wonder where the real BHS went then?

Didn't we already knew he was adopted and his father was a serial killer and Do Hae Soo is his real sister or was that's my imagination?!

2 minutes ago, hazelyeot said:

I was thinking that maybe the parents killed their son, the real BHS.

The dad is a doctor, always thought he could easily hide someone's death so easily, if he wants... 

And both of them knows the bad deeds of one another and live threatening each other...

A nice harmonious family LOL!! They are so nasty, my god......

Wait there's real BHS where was that's mentioned?! I thought he was simply adopted as a teenager.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

Wait there's real BHS where was that's mentioned?! I thought he was simply adopted as a teenager.

I'm just assuming, because that news article calling BHS a "math genius" sounded so... not him. Wouldn't his adoptive parents push him to a "better" career if he was such a brilliant student? Something is fishyyy 

• Like 10

Without a doubt it's a fascinating drama with tons of potential. Has resonances of The Talented Mr Ripley and definitely gives off plenty of Hitchcock vibes... Dial M for Murder and Suspicion.

While I think that Lee Joon-gi is as great as I expected him to be in the role and I certainly wanted him to take it on, it is a bit of a downer that  he's lying to his wife and daughter. That's the part I'm really uneasy about. Him playing happy families after threatening an old acquaintance and locking him in the cellar is creepy with steroids.

But... that said... I am sure there's a lot more than meets the eye. After all it's early days yet. His relationship with his "parents" is odd to say the least. The dialogue over the birthday dinner is cryptic and transactional. These 3 people sound more like co-conspirators rather than family. If they are family, it's a highly dysfunctional one. 

I also appreciated how the show incorporated the case of the week with the bigger arc of family deception. I was sure that the boy was lying but I wondered why he did it. In most cases, kids try to protect their parents but this was different. In the end he was trying to protect one parent  and it was a cry for help. I recognized Moon Chae Won's sunbae from Hospital Playlist. He played the ER professor, Bong Gwan-hyeong there.

I've got to give tvN their due. They've been broadcasting all kinds of groundbreaking  dramas this year. Kudos to them.

• Like 18
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

15 hours ago, jeonghyang said:

Been staring their lip-biting. It made me bit my lips too126.gif

Ok....who slowed down the kissing scenes in the gifs???  Holy moley! Fire on WhatsApp 2.19.352

WooHOO!!! The drought is over and boy did Episode 1 deliver!!  First Kdrama in a long time to grab me and make me giggle and squirm.  Starts off with a banger Kiss...some nice team camaraderie, dysfunctional and seemingly perfect family, a case to show the analytical styles of the detectives and then BAM! 

4 hours ago, whiteclover said:

Plot was rather tight and fast paced actually? They solved one crime in this episode, and let viewers know BHS = DHS? And DHS kidnapping MJ right from the start? Anyone watched the NETFLIX series "You"? It's kinda similar like the psychopathic male lead locked ppl up in the basement (and subsequent murdering them) because they posed a threat to him. But obviously MJ is going to survive in this case.

hehehe...my first posters I made after hearing about this show were stylized from YOU 

You | Netflix Wiki | Fandom   VYXI8qut.jpg

I was wondering if they would model a bit from that show.  They both tried to pull you in to like/desire the main lead character only to be slapped in the face about what really lies underneath. 

Let me tell you...I was going

Spoiler

"Oh Boy...they really are gonna do this" when I saw Hee Sung lock the doors and turn up the music. 

I'm ready for Episode 2. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

Hi chingus. The drama is very promising. It has been a long time I ever loved a drama from Wednesday/Thursday. And I am so happy to meet again Moon Chae Won. I really loved her in Brilliant legacy, Nice guy and the Princess's man. I was a little sad not the see her often these days... 

Flower of Evil is dark, I am hooked (that's now my cup of tea haha) ! Lee Joon Gi is really scary in his role. The day, he is a good father and husband. The night, he is a serial killer without empathy. I am frightened. I have a felling that this drama will not end well...

• Like 13

Just saw ep 1. Strong start and it’s dark as expected. Lots of potential!! For me it did lay out the ground work but it was quite predictable except the pool scene at the beginning. MCW really shines in this first episode and I am glad LJK is taking on a new kind and challenging role - I want to see how he will portray this character. Chemistry is great and I like that they went there already with the journalist being locked in the basement. Not to say that I want violence but it’s  showing us who BHS really is. I didn’t want to make his character wishy-washy.

Little girl playing their daughter is so adorable and his parents are cold - seems super dysfunctional family already. So far so good and I also like the boy’s case. I hope the cat and mouse between husband and wife isn’t too dragged out too. 

• Like 14

22 hours ago, jeonghyang said:

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.  

Reveal hidden contents

The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy. 

Been staring their lip-biting. It made me bit my lips too

It has been quite awhile @jeonghyang - ssi  ..How are you?   You bringing me here to see all these slow hot gifs of yours?     aigooo .... please spare my poor beating heart    :7555_attack:

Edited by MinLyn
A gentle reminder not to quote images, gifs and videos in your posts. Thank you.
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3

7bSCsti.gif

This scene was bit uncomfortable to watch. He was not only talking about how easy it is to fool his wife but he was also taking about the mother of the child he was holding. That poor kid doesn't even know that her father is saying such things about her mother and is sleeping peacefully. :pensive:

4 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

I'm just assuming, because that news article calling BHS a "math genius" sounded so... not him. Wouldn't his adoptive parents push him to a "better" career if he was such a brilliant student? Something is fishyyy 

They mentioned about an embarrassing secret on BHS's adopted father's character description. Maybe the real BHS is mentally ill or gay (which is still a big thing in Korea and not quite well received) and killed him secretly to protect his Hospital Director reputation and later got DHS to play his son's role. Or maybe there was never a "real BHS" to begin with.

• Like 9