[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

On 6/12/2020 at 3:51 AM, hazelyeot said:

I don't know if this is true, I didn't check tvN schedule, but looks like they are deciding if it will air on the 8 at 11pm or on the 22 at 9pm...

The 11pm timeslot is too late and I have seen many Korean viewers complain about that. 

World of the Married was on11pm timeslot. Most of the best rated cable drama were mostly in that timeslot.

Hope it will work for FOE in whatever timeslot. I can’t wait for July. 

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

World of the Married was on11pm timeslot. Most of the best rated cable drama were mostly in that timeslot.

But you have to consider the day. Yes, the best rated cable dramas you're talking about, "Sky Castle" and "World of the Married", both of which are from JTBC, aired at 11pm BUT they are slotted for FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS. It's actually the perfect sched and time slot for those shows as most people are out or doing something until late at night (#TGIF & #It'sFinallyTheWeekend). Most people have the luxury and attention span to watch and indulge in something even if it's late at night. While for "Flower of Evil" they're slotted for WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY. It's risky airing it at 11pm as most people have either work or school the following day. Just my 2 scents :)

P. S. Does TVN have a Fri-Sat sched? If not, i wish they had one. They could try scheduling FOE there. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

52 minutes ago, kekeke09 said:

But you have to consider the day. Yes, the best rated cable dramas you're talking about, "Sky Castle" and "World of the Married", both of which are from JTBC, aired at 11pm BUT they are slotted for FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS. It's actually the perfect sched and time slot for those shows as most people are out or doing something until late at night (#TGIF & #It'sFinallyTheWeekend). Most people have the luxury and attention span to watch and indulge in something even if it's late at night. While for "Flower of Evil" they're slotted for WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY. It's risky airing it at 11pm as most people have either work or school the following day. Just my 2 scents :)

P. S. Does TVN have a Fri-Sat sched? If not, i wish they had one. They could try scheduling FOE there. 

I agree. They only recently restarted having the Wed/Thurs 11pm timeslot with Memorist and Oh My Baby and both had/have been getting lower ratings and lesser hype than they deserve. 

I thought they would have taken a hint from that and remove that timeslot but they’re still promoting Flower of Evil as Oh My Baby’s follow-up project. 

As much as I hope they change the timeslot, if they’re promoting it this way then most likely we’ll just get Flower of Evil at the same timing as Oh My Baby... praying for a miracle still.

Edited by fox17
  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, kekeke09 said:

:) I think 11pm is all right for this type of drama. The plot is quite heavy and suited for mature audience.

It’s going to be replacing Oh My Baby, I think, though not doing very well but I hope FOE will do better. 

Hope supporters won’t worry too much about rating. Let’s enjoy the drama. There are many people who watch programs using an app now, and necessily watching the drama during usual broadcast. Though of course I would be more than delighted if the rating would be high. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

:) I think 11pm is all right for this type of drama. The plot is quite heavy and suited for mature audience.

It’s going to be replacing Oh My Baby, I think, though not doing very well but I hope FOE will do better. 

Hope supporters won’t worry too much about rating. Let’s enjoy the drama. There are many people who watch programs using an app now, and necessily watching the drama during usual broadcast. Though of course I would be more than delighted if the rating would be high. 

Airing it at 9pm is still a sweet spot for the show to air even if it's for mature audiences. Also, I don't think there's nothing wrong wanting higher ratings. If the story and performance are great, I don't think getting 1-3% ratings is fair or even justifiable after all that hard work. Sometimes a well thought out timing makes a huge difference and could give a boost. 

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, kekeke09 said:

Airing it at 9pm is still a sweet spot for the show to air even if it's for mature audiences. Also, I don't think there's nothing wrong wanting higher ratings. If the story and performance are great, I don't think getting 1-3% ratings is fair or even justifiable after all that hard work. Sometimes a well thought out timing makes a huge difference and could give a boost. 

Yes I also agree that good timeslot helps with the rating. I hope the best for this drama.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Just like others said, there is more things to consider than only the hour it will air, but also which day of the week...

and I only mentioned a change in timeslot because in every dc post about the drama I read, at least one korean viewer would say "I wish tvn would change it to 9pm", "july is school exam month, please make it earlier", and such related comments... I'm not even talking about rating, but got pretty clear that time is a problem for a part of viewers.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

i dont mind the timeslot,...because i believed flower of evil will love the viewer,..the time of 11 pm is a plus for me because this is the time of my leasure time,..no time to work and its time to enjoy watching no one can distruct you,:)...love it...they will recieved high rating iam sure because flower of evil is the most anticipated melodrama and the couple chemistry we really are waiting the best,...fighting for the success

also i need their photoshoot in one cover...please make it happen also more guesting interview...we are getting closer for july

• Like 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I’m loving their chemistry, they look hot handcuffed together :wub:

o.m.g,..:o:o:o:o iam speechless so awesome theyre both strong,. i really want to see this two looking face to face...finallyB) we are getting closer to july ,..

they really are so intense,the looks the gesture,...both strong,...my heart full of butterflies,...explosive couple,...i also love their official poster thanks for the latest update,..this poster make viewers thrilled and awesome to watch...

handcuffs together so sweet i like that,..never let go each other til the end,..and i think.even the viewer keep on eyes in them

Screenshot-20200617-094242-1.jpg

4 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

All these intense looks :wub:

July 22 is two weeks after Oh My Baby's finale...

I wonder if we are getting some special episodes or? 

hoping special episode of flower of evil i think:rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

YAYyyyyyy premiere confirmed for July 22! totally loving the new special poster. Looks menacing, romantic, dangerous, thrilling... and somehow sad. I'm dropping my translation of the special poster-related article here. 

Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon’s Flower of Evil confirmed to premiere July 22 … Special poster released [OFFICIAL]

2020.06.17. eDaily article. (source – https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=018&aid=0004666237)

Upcoming drama “Flower of Evil” has unveiled its special poster of Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon, with the news that the premiere date has been confirmed to be July 22.

Set to premiere July 22, on Wednesday night, tvN’s new Wed/Thur drama “Flower of Evil is an intense emotional chase thriller about two people facing the truth they want to avoid: Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi) who’s even faked love, and Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon) who’s started to suspect him.

The special poster the production team released on June 17 promises intense tension that Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon are expected to convey.

Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won, happily married couple with daughter Baek Eun Ha (Jeong Seoyeon), find themselves facing the question: “What if the husband you’ve loved for 14 years is suspected of being a serial killer?” And with it comes an originally-written, totally unpredictable suspense melodrama.

While we anticipate an intense, melodramatic chemistry between Lee Joongi (Hee Sung) and Moon Chaewon (Ji Won) as well as their detailed emotional performances, the special poster catches our eye with the two suddenly having each hand cuffed.

It looks as if metal craft artist Hee Sung’s studio has turned into an interrogation room, and Ji Won, with the sharp eyes of a detective, is confronting him with a table between them. Staring quietly at her with his hand surrendered to her, Hee Sung puts on a cold facial expression adding mystery to the tension. Ji Won is grabbing him tightly by the wrist as if she’s about to arrest him soon, but a mix of emotions flash in her eyes.

The tagline “Cruel truth that shakes perfect trust” also refers to the “Flower of Evil” with thorns that has bloomed between the two. It makes viewers curious what Baek Hee Sung is hiding, and what Cha Ji Won will be witnessing as her investigation unfolds.

The production team behind “Flower of Evil” shared the behind-the-scenes story: “Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won are tangled up in a relationship charged with complex emotions that words cannot simply describe. To express their relationship in a more detailed, nuanced way, Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon discussed the concept of the poster thoroughly, did monitoring together, and showed complete dedication throughout.

The team also continued, “The cast and staff are doing the best they can to deliver the best result. Please look forward to the premiere.”

“Flower of Evil” has generated early buzz for having on board director Kim Chul-kyu, who’s proven his masterful directing with “Confession,” “Mother,” and “On the Way to the Airport,” and writer Yoo Jung-hee who’s created this original script, and the cast of Lee Joongi, Moon Chaewon, Jang Heejin, and Seo Hyunwoo. The drama premieres on July 22, Wednesday night, at 10:50 pm. 

0004666237_001_20200617103703095.jpg?typ

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I’m loving their chemistry, they look hot handcuffed together :wub:

Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? Somebody give me some iced water!! Seriously their passionate and at the same time dangerous look makes my heart race! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil 악의 꽃 - LEE JOON GI | MOON CHAE WON - July 22nd, 2020
1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Sooooo... Lee Jun Ki posted this with the capture "On the set".... but what does that mean!? Is this for the drama? Is this for a photoshooting unrelated to the drama? I need to know because he is teasing us!

Sorry, that was from his solo photoshoot for GQ magazine last June 6 :P But I really really reaaaallly hope that him and Moon Chae Won have some magazine photoshoot together too. I hope it's a sexy concept too or better yet, like a mixture of sweet & innocent and then sexy & dangerous to show us some of that sizzling hot chemistry fit for the premise of the show :D:wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 3