[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

7 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@violina

I might end up missing uri Egg Tart the most. :D

I don't blame you. She is such a cute bean:). They have wrapped up filming for episode 16. She was crying while saying goodbye. Poor baby was immersed in her role and got attached to the actors:D. She remeinds of Kim Yoo Jung and Kim So Hyun when they were little. She has a great acting future ahead. Fingers crossed, she will get back to back projects after this.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Egg Tart Eunha is so cute. She wants to keep filming :wub::lol: Seems like she really liked all the actors and staff there. There are times when I feel like the child actors are annoying but Eunha is so adorable and also a smart kid. She waited until her mother came and didn't came outside when she felt there was no one outside. Something children and even adults do sometimes. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Avocado80 said:
5 hours ago, Lotuzea1 said:

I actually wished there is no preview of ep 16... if only they stop it there on the all white scene, the viewers emotion will be deepended 

but as always FOE never disappoints, praying for a happy ending!! 

Yes.. I agree with you. They should release the preview next week :)

At first, I did not want any spoiler so I did not watch the preview of 16 ep. But I couldn't. The temptation to know Do Hyun Soo' s fate is very big..

I think it was a business decision by the drama producers. Remember dramas are art and entertainment but they also have to make their money. It would have made a strong emotional punch to end episode 15 at the white scene and even much stronger if they ended it at when DHS was shot and then begin the white scene at the beginning of episode 16. But they would have lost viewers who thought DHS is dead and then episode 16 is just to tie any loose ends. But knowing DHS is alive means viewers can stay to really see the ending.  

I remember that numb feeling I had with "King 2 Hearts" (starring Ha Jiwon and Lee Seunggi).The second to the last episode, they shot one of the drama's most favorite characters(Eun Shin Kyung palyed by Jo Jung Suk) and he died. No preview of the finale. When watching the finale even though it had a happy ending. I couldn't enjoy it fully. I think that's what this drama tried to avoid.

5 hours ago, holyfea said:
9 hours ago, kehrite said:

Also, not to be gross, but every time BHS runs his hand through his hair or puts it up I momentarily go blank and forget he's the horrible creepy villain... what can I say, he's an attractive man and I'm weak for long hair on a guy. Sorry for having eyes! :lol:

Me too.. Why they gave us such a goodlooking villain. I always have a crush with handsome villain hahaa.. am i being weird? haha I cannot escape from adoring villain aura even in Voice and Psychopath Diary. I'm crazy in love with Kim Jae Wook and Park Sung Hoon portrayal. :rolleyes:

Talking about BHS, he is still tormenting DHS even in the afterlife:D. Ji Hoon posted this in his instagram story. He is joking about Joon Gi's scene at the cliff. Where he was crying about seeing dead people:D

It sounds like JG is saying "I see dead people MARIA"

a97b640d6f1c32efc1c614d3db1a73579798fbaf

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, violina said:

Talking about BHS, he is still tormenting DHS even in the afterlife:D. Ji Hoon posted this in his instagram story. He is joking about Joon Gi's scene at the cliff. Where he was crying about seeing dead people:D

It sounds like JG is saying "I see dead people MARIA"

They are too funny for real.. because of the suffix sound like MARIA i was confused before but after realize i just cant stop laughing :Megalol:

I saw BTS from the forest runaway. It also hilarous seeing BHS do push up after Hyun Soo stab him. Lol.

They are too cute for sure.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

O.MI.GOD. First off, I want to applause LJG, MCW, and all the cast and crew for this wonderful drama again and a congratulations for breaking the 5% rating for a Weds-Thurs drama. clap.gif 

How I missed Soompi. I've been held back by work and been so busy these past few weeks that I couldn't watch the episodes and come here to discuss with you guys. I MISS YOU ALL ~ I hope you have been well 60.gif 

It was not the best decision for me to watch all the eps at one sitting because I've been bawling my eyes for how many hours now. And I might have a puffy eyes after this ^_^. Ahhh, my head hurts after that Ep. 15...

Man, what can I say, this drama just doesn't disappoint. I just love everything about it. One of the highlights for me would probably be Jung Mi Sook trying to prevent Hyun Su from doing something he'll regret.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif 

Even though the other person is someone who ruined her life and all, but she's willing to let him go to save a good soul. It takes such a great and big heart for someone to do that. When she told Ji Won that if Hyun Su end up killing him, they won't hold him accountable, I was about to agree as well. But then I was like Ji Won, you can never justify killing... a murder is a murder.

I guess one thing this drama portrays, at least for me, is the question, is evil a product of your environment?.... or is it actually innate? And don't you ever try to mess with the good ones, because, who knows, they might end up even worse than one might think. 

Kim Ji Hoon is so good at being a villain in here. I only remember him from Flower Boy Next Door having that innocent unrequited love for Park Shin Hye's character... LOL... 

Lastly, please, I just wanna see Hyun Su, Ji Won, Eun Ha, Hae Su, Moo Jin happy. We've never even seen them smiling after Ji Won found out Hyun Su's identity. It's been an endless crying and roller coaster of emotions so I just want the best for them. Man, if I could give the whole world to them, I would. They deserve it. I still can't believe this is ending next week yociexp20.gif. I still vividly remember when I was so excited about the casting of this drama and the second pair up of LJG and MCW. Time has gone by so fast. But I'm glad I was able to come back here before that finale :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

One of the highlights for me would probably be Jung Mi Sook trying to prevent Hyun Su from doing something he'll regret.

So many highlights right! The other one for me is when Kim Moo Jin came through with the truth tea

ea24580ff3c63624b60962ede77d8069e440bb22

ae1071eabcf9c625e166c2b8dcc11de028fdfa25

4ac2e55606179222e2cdd29c27c2fa8118e90635

Credit: @kdramatrends (Instagram) 

These three plus Jung Mi Sook are the key to clearing DHS's name. These three were the ones who saw the true colours of both Do Min Seok and Do Hyun Soo and didnt say or do anything about it until it was too late. I am happy writernim gave KMJ the part that would make the parents snap out of it, realize their son is a lost cause and do the right thing by cooperating with the police.

I guess one thing this drama portrays, at least for me, is the question, is evil a product of your environment?.... or is it actually innate? And don't you ever try to mess with the good ones, because, who knows, they might end up even worse than one might think. 

Its a never ending debate. Someone asked, I cant remember who in the previous pages. Was Baek Hee Sung born a psycho? We can also ask does Do Hyun Soo have ASPD? Despite him having great personality traits which have allowed him to function well for 14 years and not doing something drastic like murder. He does have a very dark side. It that flairs up when Jiwon and Eun Ha are at risk. He tortured and almost killed Kim Moo Jin and Baek Hee Sung because of them. He was cornered twice by his wife(ep 7 and 13). His impulse almost made him hurt her not only once but twice.

is evil a product of your environment or is it actually innate? Studies say brain activity of dozens of people thought to be psychopaths, found that there tended to be reduced activity in the areas that play roles in regulating emotions, impulses, morality, and aggression. So maybe it could be said to be innate like in BHS's case? He threw a rock and killed a dog just like that. Some kids hurt animals even when they are raised in good environment. Bully other kids. That could be innate evil. But then again, am leaning towards evil being a product of your environment. BHS was raised by narcissist parents. Gong Mi Ja pushed her son to get better grades in school. The image of having a brainy math genius son was more important to her than anything. The Grandpa Baek is verbally and physically abusive. This guy slaps his wife, slaps his adult son who just came out of a coma. I dont think he had an emotional bond with BHS because he is so focused on his medical career. Maybe thats why he readily accepted to be groomed by Do Min Seok. He got the attention and approval that his father didnt give him. DHS's "evil" streak was definitely a product of his environment. He was failed by pretty much everyone from childhood. His parents, his doctor, society, media. He was not born evil.

• Like 6

Man, what can I say, this drama just doesn't disappoint. I just love everything about it. One of the highlights for me would probably be Jung Mi Sook trying to prevent Hyun Su from doing something he'll regret.

That part stuck out for me, too, when I watched it. I thought it was really brave of her to choose try to save DHS instead of having him go after BHS, who put her through all sorts of torture. And even when she was on the phone with the police, she asked for them to save DHS rather than immediately ask them to go arrest BHS. She was worried about him and perhaps a part of it may have also been with her wanting to break the cycle or maybe, because she already saw that DHS was a good person, she just wanted to save him from being a murderer as best she could.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, violina said:

He was cornered twice by his wife(ep 7 and 13). His impulse almost made him hurt her not only once but twice.

I have to disagree with this. I don't think he had any impulse to hurt her in either case. In ep 7, he had a panic attack that caused him to reach to her for help. His pain and inability to breathe caused him to look threatening, which was great for the suspense, but I don't think he had even a second of wanting to hurt her. She realized that she was misinterpreting his action as soon as he collapsed to the floor.

In ep 13, his first thought when she was talking to the police was to stage the scene to make sure she didn't look like an accomplice. Even when he was angry with her for her distrust, he had no impulse to hurt her and was only concerned about protecting her.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFVnxs1s-s1/?utm_source=ig_embed

The banner says: The 6 months with Hyun Soo was the most beautiful flower

Translation of Lee Joon Gi's post:

My lovely staff and family that has securely protected my side for 7 months without any hard thoughts, you've worked extremely hard. They very secretly and carefully decorated this during the last filming and my tears fell at this kind of sincerity. Ah, so I'm living well. So there are always good people by my side. So while I thank you once again, I should live as an even better person ^ ^ My fans who continually supported me until the last shooting shouting "Our actor is very good," I sincerely thank you Because you're all here, there's no other choice but to be happy ㅜㅜ You give me strength. Also, the director and all of the staff, I sincerely thank you all very much. Please be with us until the end next week, I love you 

I can't make out what it says on the very bottom of what they gave him, but the upper part says: Hyun Soo has no sins, just the sin of being handsome. You've worked hard Hyun Soo

Kim Ji Hoon did like his post, I think he's been liking every single one of the pictures/videos that Lee Joon Gi's been posting

Edited by Jillia
Unfortunately due to court rulings we're not permitted to embedd IG links!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

FOE Poll 6: Tying up the loose ends

With the finale coming up on Wednesday, I thought it would be nice to take a walk down the memory lane to see how we fared in our poll predictions:

In our first poll in July (before the drama started) the majority believed the following:

• Baek Hee Sung (aka Do Hyun Su) is a psychopathic (serial) killer  FALSE
  • Baek Hee Sung (DHS) loves his wife TRUE
  • Most hoped for a happy drama ending UNKNOWN

In the second poll mid-August the majority voted for the following:

• Do Min Seok's accomplice was unidentified TRUE
  • Do Hyun Su had not killed anyone TRUE
  • We will get a happy ending UNKNOWN

In the third poll (end of August) we believed that:

• The real Baek Hee Sung is the accomplice TRUE
  • We wanted to know more about Cha Ji Won's past FALSE
  • Kim Moo Jin and Do Hae Su would rekindle their romance UNKNOWN

In the fourth poll (early September) we voted for:

• The real Baek Hee Sung being Do Min Seok's killer (in a close second place was his father - only with a 2 vote difference)  TRUE
  • Cha Ji Won's past is clean  TRUE
  • Baek Hee Sung was in a coma because his mother found out about his murders, freaked out and either by mistake or deliberately harmed him TRUE

In the fifth poll last week we answered that:

• Do Min Seok is a serial killer TRUE
  • Baek Hee Sung and Baek Hee Sung's mom will die FALSE
  • Baek Hee Sung's mom will turn on her son and help Do Hyun Su PARTIALLY TRUE

Well done! We were for the most part correct in our predictions! :kiss_wink:

To tie up the loose ends, let's answer in the last poll the questions that remain unanswered:

1. Will we get a happy or a sad drama ending?

2. If Do Hae Su survives, will she rekindle her romance with Kim Moo Jin?

3. BONUS: Kim Ji Hoon plays a hot serial killer

70e0168f92ad97a16da6917e0ec253cc03bd8f5e

cr (yes! dramas tumblr)

You have time to vote until the finale airs this Wednesday. :kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

tagging:

@lightbringer06 @chickenchopflipflop83 @violina @H0ney @sas79 @J13 @kara_mella @noor1 @holyfea @Sleepy Owl @Enimsa88 @-Love Blossom- @hunybunny @Samuel Yohanes @kdrama @an-naum @rocher22 @Erika Song @The Therapy @qynn @joybran @ainipang @lovelyUnicorn @glory @aisling @Seonhoyaa @chrisjae_18 @Kayllee21 @Maral @Tuiwgn @hazelyeot @smartiegal@jazz85 @Pikachu92 @moomooz @Latte_Anyday @TTT1234 @Shining tiara@mystic62 @Nodame @junghwana @mulberry9 @andy78 @Madu Mita @patheticsane @tiMadam @joybran @turquoisse @JosseJunjin @LumbarSpine @luffie @Brennster @miwako78 @rachel-moore @jessicaw22 @jangmi92_ @Hani Julyani @coral maor @agnesselvira @LRM11219311 @Dundee @Bejaffled @debbsthebee @Flowerdance20 @ungi @deandraluv @Avocado80 @Wenlisha @audreykm @tchauder

@sken40 @stellalafemme @Cindy Tjioe @thephamle @taskdramafanatic

@Jillia @Sleepy Owl @larus @bombshellchick1 @lotuzea @thesuitelife547

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 5

I was first to vote. :D

I voted for the happy ending for both couples. I am aware that it is a little unrealistic on my part concidering the genre.  :DAnd no, I don`t find Baek Hee Sung a sexy killer. He is creepy. But the actor Kim Ji Hoon is handsome/ sexy.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@partyon

LMAO The third question is so unfair because Kim Ji Hoon IS really hot as Baek Hee Sung but he is also giving me major creeps.

Tough choice then.... :joy: Do you value hotness or creepiness more?

will ferrell lol GIF by NBA

I've seen many discussions about Baek Hee Sung being considered hot, so thought it would be fun to include it as a question.

• LOL 10

1 hour ago, larus said:

And no, I don`t find Baek Hee Sung a sexy killer. He is creepy.

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

LMAO The third question is so unfair because Kim Ji Hoon IS really hot as Baek Hee Sung but he is also giving me major creeps.

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

In the end I voted for Baek Hee Sung being a creep because I wouldn't want to date him.  Hotness doesn't hide the fact he is a crazy serial killer. Plus I just need to remember that blond wig and I'm out. :P

For me it had to be this:

a2dd05e2439478a00e4a1fc9789816c09659e1fa

77f16a63dffff9c5f101772558527f23893e1402

I was like boy you need a medal for that or what? Should we clap hands for you for not harming a child!

16e85817e2174b80341456a0ce930bc8.gif

• LOL 10

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

@partyon

Truly a difficult question. The actor is handsome (first time seeing him) but whenever he appears on my screen he gives me creeps. I chose hot after remembering his squats on bts :lol:

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

@partyon

Didn't think twice before going for the second option. He gave me creeps and every time I saw him, I would feel like attacking him just like this. 

03d949606facd8b6669c9c420c6e2e4ddf091571

or something like this, given the fact BHS even had long hair

4b5.gif

Went with good ending for Cha Ji Won and Do Hyun Su, because after all this, they both deserve it, especially DHS, dude deserves to have a peaceful life after suffering all those years and hiding his true identity. 

Went for Hae Su and Moo Jin being together again, because well I feel like it won't be happening, or we'll just get a hint for it, but even Hae Su deserves to have a peaceful life after suffering so much and Moo Jin sort of deserves a second chance. Him leaving her because of all he experienced down in basement cannot be justified but can be understood given him being too afraid in that age. Even adults would be terrified in that situation. But I want to see them being together finally. If Hyun Su is getting a happy ending, I want to see Hae Su too getting similar ending and finally having someone to lean on. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, partyon said:

1. Will we get a happy or a sad drama ending?

2. If Do Hae Su survives, will she rekindle her romance with Kim Moo Jin?

3. BONUS: Kim Ji Hoon plays a hot serial killer

1.i hope for a happy end...i think we all do!!!

2.50% will finally get to be together 50% will part ways ...i think she needs to heal first...i'm a romantic so i voted for them to be together...

3.no way...

• Like 7
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

and @Sleepy Owl

Me being very conflicted about it all:

But then @violina posting about how Baek Hee Sung is praising himself for not harming kids:

Let me help you out in your decision making:

How about the pot calling the kettle black? The lack of self-awareness of this dude. He had the nerve to call DHS, a psychopath:D :

a5df1ba74e4515411c9255e8e363d0833b727d8c

aaf4024ebf19940da41ec6b9a4dfe01b2b41a0b1

Me:

tenor.gif?itemid=13498172

• Like 1
  • LOL 10