[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

5 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

Also I am bracing my self for all the incoming posts about all the plot holes and "lazy" writing of the episode. I am afraid I will have to agree with them, so many makjang moments, but then again, u really got to give the writer credit for such detailed characterization.

I have some things that bug me like I mentioned in my previous post, but they aren't enough to sour the drama for me. Sure, the writer could have made a few things a bit cleaner but, overall, the character and relationship growth between Hyun Su and Ji Won was incredibly captivating and worth watching.

5 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

The writer has been meticulous is capturing hyun soo's relationship with trusting others and himself and this is echoed heartbreakingly again and again in his dialogue. Even minor characters like detective I'm has a redemption arch. U can tell so much love has gone into writing these characters from scratch. This is seriously one of the best, if not the best Korean dramas I have seen, and not even amnesia and makjang moments can take that away. 

Totally agree. It's one of the best of the genre I have watched primarily because the writer flipped the script on Hyun Su's character so well. 

It's a show about a serial killer after all, we knew we were in for some makjang moments so I can forgive those and appreciate the drama for what it was - a character study.

My predictions for 16:

• Hyun Su will live & go to trial for the foreman murder
  • Hae Su will be in a coma until the last minute and then wake up and provide testimony that she killed the foreman in self defense
  • Moo Jin and Hae Su might rekindle a relationship - but may remain as friends
  • Baek Parents go to jail.
  • Hee Sung  - not sure. He might get killed off but he might stand trial.

• Like 7

I feel like episode 16 will answer all our question.  It will tie all the loose ends. Before i questioned what happened in the cellars with Kim moo jin in the basement and episode 15 answered that question

i think and hope all these question will be answered in last

1. does Hyun su have some disease. I feel like he might have tumor or something like that in his head. The way his head hurt crazy at times and he feels like having heart attack. The fact that his head was bleeding might mean his “ disease” will be found and cured. 
2.  What happened with the village foreman and Do hae so in the basement? I think we will know what made Hae so take extreme case of murdering someone? I might think she could have been sexually assaulted. 
3. Do Hae so is sure of Do hyun su never being able to kill someone. This is not sibling love but rather a firm confirmation that she has evidence of Hyun so incapability of Harm. Maybe Do min seok , the father had wanted Hyun so learn killing at the tender age but hyun so was unable to kill making father angry. Maybe hae so has seen her brother being scolded by her father. Maybe Hyun so get all tensed up and have panic attack whenever he was told to do murderous activities. 

that all my evalution

• Like 8

VHMZHqfoYM77awJBkL3XGllOyoR9VM4DfiXAeoN-

Ratings went up again for this episode. I wonder if them being off an episode will have any impact on the ratings for the final episode. 

8 minutes ago, Enimsa88 said:

3. Do Hae so is sure of Do hyun su never being able to kill someone. This is not sibling love but rather a firm confirmation that she has evidence of Hyun so incapability of Harm. Maybe Do min seok , the father had wanted Hyun so learn killing at the tender age but hyun so was unable to kill making father angry. Maybe hae so has seen her brother being scolded by her father. Maybe Hyun so get all tensed up and have panic attack whenever he was told to do murderous activities. 

that all my evalution

In the latest episode, 15, there was a scene from the past of DMS and BHS talking where DMS called DHS a failure since he couldn't, presumably, kill anything. He did comment that his training went to waste with DHS so it is a possibility that maybe Hae Soo saw or got a vibe for the "training" or maybe she just thought it might've been strange things that DMS had DHS do, or told him to do.

• Like 8

Maybe the gunshot wound in DHS head will restore his childhood memories of 10 years old and below :idk:And the part where, Jung Mi Sook held DHS back and yelled for BHS to run lol  I was thinking, after BHS abducted and almost killed Jung Mi Sook in the past, shouldn't she at least let DHS unleash his fury? Lol :hwaiting:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I think it's nice seeing them be able to goof off with one another in the BTS scenes and while I was watching the episode, I was thinking that the cliff was probably kinda scary to film at, especially when they're so close to the edge. Even if it's not as far down as they showed in the drama, from what's seen in the BTS, it still looks pretty big and far down. Even when Lee Joon Gi was on top of Kim Ji Hoon, he had a wire attached to him, I guess in case something did happen.

But watching all of these makings of the action scenes, you really come to understand what both sides have to do to make it look realistic. 

• Like 11

Hee sung is dead. In the preview hae soo is in the court and hyun soo is there as a witness. Beaks will definitely go to jail. The jury might actually forgive hae soo(maybe). And hyun so will definitely not have amnesia since he was testifying in the court. Ji won and eun ha don't live in their old house anymore. Hyun soo, ji won, eun ha will definitely live happily ever after. 

The writer of flowers of evil, used a lot of common k drama tropes but put her own twists on them making this drama very satisfying to watch. She left zero plot holes by giving everyone the last piece of the puzzle by showing what moo Jin saw that night.  

• Like 13

Kudos to the writer .She create a masterpiece.All the plot, all the story is amazing.Episode 15 such a heart breaking.

1.One more DHS sacrifice his life for CJW , from the beginning DHS suffer so much and till the end episode 15 he still suffer. How long he will wake up from comma? I see preview episode 16, CJW call 4 month still comma?Poor DHS.He deserve to be happy with his family. The Court must decide him not guilty of the village foreman murder.The result of trial should clear his reputation.HE is good man , good husband, good father , good brother also good friend.He deserve happy life. 

2.CJW is really having hard time.How long she must wait DHS to wake up.She has to comfort Eunha that her father will wake up soon.

seeing CJW cry break my heart.

3.Thank to God Do Hae Su still alive.She will testify in trial that DHS didn't kill village foreman.Also Jung Min Soek will testify in trial about BHS crime .She saw BHS killed DMS and also kill YSC.

4.. I guess BHS Is died because Detective Im shoot in his left chest.i don't care about him.Just poor to his parent they don't realise they have wrong to protect their son.Although their are bad, I was touched when Kim Mo Jin forbade Baek Man Wo to suicide.They are deny that BHS is evil, they want to change him.In the end they realise  they are such a fool parents.They must responsible for their crime protect the murder.

5.I hope CJW, DHS and Eunha will live in a village like CJW will.CJW will take care Eunha and DHS will work .CJW need to close with Eun Ha

• Like 10
  • Love 2

That cliff and chase scene was so satisfying and epic that I am willing to overlook all the plot holes. Though I am bit disappointed that DHS didn't cut both of BHS's arms and legs :lol: Moon Chaewoon is a brilliant actress but episode 15 was totally Kim Ji Hoon and Lee Joongi's show. That phone call with the police and how he was struggling to say the words and then on the cliff when he was unable to believe CJW was alive. This might be Lee Joongi's one of the best if not the best performance. When BHS called DHS psychopath I was like dude you are the one who kills people for fun and the person whom you're calling psychopath is doing this only because you provoked him. But I have to agree with him DHS actually looked scary on that scene. Maybe they included that dialogue to show that DHS also has darkness (which is probably more dangerous than DMS and BHS) inside him but he chose not to indulge in it.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I think I understand why we were told about his childhood memory when he was 10.

DHS's recollection of his earliest childhood memory when he was 10 (Ep 11)

DHS: I remember being lost in the woods.

DMS(in the memory): Found you. Hyun Su, Listen carefully. You could die if you lose your way out here. Because over that hill is a cliff.

060a1191d9d2e1620bf6e491cf52e5a6f3eaf0a2

It was as if I was lost in a deep dark maze.I felt relieved to be rescued by my father. That's all I remember.

Then look at episode 15. He is back in the woods, fighting BHS but also his inner urge to murder. that would seal his fate forever.

dcbbd7265ffb4df45eaa538386a499ac65624c3f

The fight with BHS with hallucination daddy guiding him leads to the cliff where he encounters his salvation in the person of Cha Ji Won. He won the fight against BHS by listening to CJW's voice not to murder and therefore did not sink low to become a murderer like BHS.

ed62a9ff3fa8d6e7871d9be3437bd602e8f34099

The way Do Min Seok cared for his children was sort of twisted .He knew he wasn't normal but he didn't want to force Hyun Soo to be like him, He was protective of them. This episode made me realise that. If Hyun Soo had followed through with killing BHS. He would be branded a murderer for life no matter his reasons for doing it. We would understand why he killed if he did. Even Jung Min Sook said dont hold him responsible.If he kills him, its because he was told you are dead. CJW replied that murder is murder. Thats the way the media, courts and the public will see it. No one cares about the boring truth. He has already suffered so much because he is a serial killer's son.Killing BHS would only make his life even more painful. It would also continue the cycle of pain. Eun Ha would be called the daughter of a killer and suffer too.

So even in the afterlife, or should we say hallucination daddy/conscience and CJW saved him. I also like how detailed the costumier was, black(darkness) for DMS.White (salvation) for CJW. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Enimsa88 said:

I feel like episode 16 will answer all our question.  It will tie all the loose ends. Before i questioned what happened in the cellars with Kim moo jin in the basement and episode 15 answered that question

i think and hope all these question will be answered in last

1. does Hyun su have some disease. I feel like he might have tumor or something like that in his head. The way his head hurt crazy at times and he feels like having heart attack. The fact that his head was bleeding might mean his “ disease” will be found and cured. 
2.  What happened with the village foreman and Do hae so in the basement? I think we will know what made Hae so take extreme case of murdering someone? I might think she could have been sexually assaulted. 

that all my evalution

I agree, i really agree about is there any something in his head. Maybe it was impact of his father 'murdering training' maybe he can escape from the monster training but for the result his brain was really unstable. And see how he awaken his evilness while chasing BHS. My gosh, Hyun Soo eyes i cannot even describe it, even creepy BSH really scared of Hyun Soo. Wow..  Junki oppa daebak!

And for the hoobae police, it solved my question why he was so lame before during taxi driver accident, now he can pull his gun well.

Well, furthermore i will try my best to accept the ending as long as Hyun Soo alive :wacko: it doesn't matter anymore, at least for me, it doesn't matter anymore. I was really exhausted hahaha..

• Like 7

Just caught up with the show Ana both episodes were really strong and good! I like that they will give us the last episode to tie up all the loose ends. Kudos to all the cast - I thought all of them acted so well during all the traumatic and emotional scenes. Believable and engaging - like I was rooting for so many characters not to die lol. It was a bit exhausting to watch it back to back. Now I just want our OTP to be happy and at peace now and I hope that Ji Won’s mother can welcome HS back into the family too. 

Edited by stella77
  • Like 6