[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

So after an episode like that...I don't really know what to think haha. Clearly this was the climax, I think, the big showdown between BHS and DHS. I didn't know what to expect so I guess it's easier to say that my feelings are a little mixed?

On one hand, I thought it was great, I loved the whole chase scene and how the circumstances were switched. It was BHS running away and DHS on a murderous streak thinking that he had nothing else to live for. I thought the fight scenes were realistic and the game of hide and seek in the forest totally gave me the chills at some points, just to see DHS be completely dead inside follow behind BHS who was freaking out about being chased. I thought it was a good reversal of their roles and I guess it goes to showcase just how differently the two of them are. 

I think BHS knew that if he didn't say anything about CJW, that DHS would've just waited until the police came or wouldn't have done something but BHS's plan was to make DHS a murderer since, according to what he said, DMS made him a murderer and it was only fair that he do the same thing. Therefore BHS knew that he had to tell DHS about CJW's supposed "murder" to get him to act the way he did and actually, fully, carry out a murder. When he asked Hae Soo, who he thought was CJW, why she thought DHS was innocent, Hae Soo said it was because he couldn't hate someone enough to do it so by creating that situation, BHS made DHS hate him enough to want to kill him.

A part of me, though, kind of I guess was expecting something more regarding the fight? I loved the fight scene, but I guess I was just thinking that it wouldn't be so much DHS overpowering BHS but an equal fight? Granted, DHS has more strength than BHS, especially after he stabbed him and sliced his leg, but I guess I was expecting something more?

Either way, I loved the final scene, the scene on the cliff and the scene when DHS found out that CJW had supposedly be murdered. Like what @chickenchopflipflop83 said, was absolutely emotional. When he saw her, it was like he didn't believe what he was seeing. I don't know if he was referencing her when he said he could see someone dead but maybe he was talking about both CJW and his father thinking that he saw them both there and that they were both speaking to him. But I thought it was realistic that he didn't first believe that she was real because he did have experience seeing his dead father so he would be skeptical about seeing her. Even though there is Eun Ha to think about, I think when BHS said that he murdered CJW, it didn't matter at that point. Eun Ha was completely out of his head because someone touched, worse murdered, one of the things that was precious to him. Maybe he thought the vision of CJW and his father was like the voices of good and evil attempting to get in his brain.

The scene when DHS went full on crazy was also amazing between Joon Gi and Ji Hoon. I think, once BHS saw the complete 180 that DHS took, he actually might've feared for his life a little? Or maybe it was because DHS kept playing a game with him instead of just killing him outright. It did seem like BHS was a little scared during that whole thing but he probably also enjoyed it to an extent, but probably because the threat against his life was real, that was probably what made it terrifying for him.

There was just so many things about this episode that I loved that I'm willing to look over the thing about the fight kind of being not really what I expected but then again, I don't even know what I expected myself, if that makes sense. But one thing...was DHS not surprised to see that the accomplice was BHS? I don't think I missed that part anywhere but maybe he just didn't have time to think about it in that moment.

I think it'll be interesting to see what the last episode will have, though. I guess we have to wait another week.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

BHS released the inner psycho beast of DHS

hEfoUYQ.gif

I can really heard the LOUD GULP. I wonder how many liters of saliva he swallowed.

fEwuF4O.gif

He was trembling from fear. He probably pissed from his pants.

ckoPytn.gif

Never messed with a real hottie psychopath. 

Spoiler

PUd3sgr.gif

I thought he's gonna cut his balls. 60.gif

Y0rXzZh.gif

mFXDTPZ.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

5 minutes ago, violina said:

I can count on Hae Soo to do it if that opportunity presents itself. Girlie has been desperately wanting to confess since she appeared on our screen

Or just say a tiny lie that BHS killed him too. :wink: After all he himself had said to that witness that he killed village foreman. 

Happy ending everyone B):lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, jeonghyang said:

BHS released the inner psycho beast of DHS

I can really heard the LOUD GULP. I wonder how many liters of saliva he swallowed.

He was trembling from fear. He probably pissed from his pants.

Never messed with a real hottie psychopath. 

Hide contents

I thought he's gonna cut his balls.

me too, me too... was looking forward to it. 

• Like 7

A rough translation

Spoiler

CJW's boss: Leave DHS, head in front of BHS

(BHS steals a gun and aims it at them. Hae Soo wakes up in the hospital. DHS is shot in the head and BHS was shot by the rookie. CJW finally sees the state DHS is in and cries)

(in the white room)

DHS: How long has it been since I've been here? I don't really remember. It seems like we're at the beach, but why don't I hear the sound of the ocean?

CJW: I closed the door so you could sleep (I think, I'm not sure)

DHS: Okay

CJW: Darling, you lived all this time with all your might. Thank you very much. Now comfortably rest

DHS: Through all this, you were hurt a lot by me, weren't you

CJW: It's alright because I loved you that much. The happy times, the hurtful times, all of the moments I was with you, they'll forever be beautiful. Therefore, you don't have to worry about me anymore

DHS: This must be very important (I'm not too sure here either)

CJW: There's no one else but us two. We're alone

DHS: Then this is heaven

(DHS yawns)

DHS: I'm really tired

CJW: Okay. Good night

(CJW pulls DHS in and hugs him, patting him to sleep)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, violina said:

DHS would be a world hero if he did that:lol:. BHS's type should not be allowed to reproduce. The parents, BHS all trash.

Hahaha. Who knows he's INFERTILE due to those medicines injected while he was in coma. 109.gif

Spoiler

He's too sexy while fixing his hair108.gif

Bkaw858.gif

When you're about to die and still think to create a baby EGG TART/SOUP #2

RhhSqw3.gif

Spoiler

RavfsSU.gif

I thought he's gonna lay his head on her bosom. That's definitely HEAVEN. 51.gif

iTUhfSv.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

CJW says another line in this video that she doesn't in the actual preview? 

Right at the end there's another line thrown in there that's not in the actual preview.

"Mommy wishes Daddy is happy. Mommy...even if it's just once...hopes she can live happily with Daddy like this."

That final line isn't in the actual preview but I think it's probably from the scene when she's in the bedroom when Eun Ha. Eun Ha probably doesn't want to fall asleep alone and CJW probably doesn't want to sleep in the bed alone, so they sleep together and Eun Ha may have asked about her father. If he was in a coma for 3 or 4 months, last time he didn't wake up for 10 days, then Eun Ha would be curious about how he's doing, granted she knows that he's in the hospital. 

But I also think that there's the possibility that maybe the police are keeping him? After all, he did commit some crimes so maybe he's in their custody in some way? However, in the courtroom scene, he's not dressed like someone in jail since he has a suit on. Maybe that conversation takes place early, when he still hasn't woken up, and then the court scene happens towards the middle/end after the fact so they can get all the evidence and finally put everything together.

With the death of BHS, since the rookie cop did shoot him I'm just assuming he died because it looks like he shot in in the chest, I do think that there'll probably be a lot of open ends regarding whatever happened between BHS and DMS all those years ago that won't get solved. They may relook into some things, but I don't think it'll be a complete closure because the two that truly know what took place have died. Maybe DMS will then turn into another murder by BHS, since JMS witnessed it, but I don't know if they'll have enough evidence to say that DMS didn't murder anyone.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

How about Jung Mi Suk? Hope she will have a scene meeting her husband. They need happy ending too. They were caught on this mess because of BHS. Her husband need to know and apologized for the wrong his done to DHS. JMS seems like a good person. I really like the actress who plays as JMS. She was good too. 

The ending will they have a roof party again, this with CJW's colleagues as well their family and friends? That will be awesome! Nite

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

What irony it would be though if Baek Hee Sung ends up not only killing Do Min Seok but his son as well... I don't think it's the case but how outrageous would that be?

It would.I mean its already bad that both Do siblings are in hospital because of him.What more if they both die like their father. Thats too sad and for what really? Their bad fate was being born to a serial killer.They are not evil people. They dont deserve any of these bad things happening to them. CJW, Eun Ha all are victims.

3 minutes ago, an-naum said:

How about Jung Mi Suk? Hope she will have a scene meeting her husband. They need happy ending too. They were caught on this mess because of BHS. Her husband need to know and apologized for the wrong his done to DHS. JMS seems like a good person. I really like the actress who plays as JMS. She was good too. 

The ending will they have a roof party again, this with CJW's colleagues as well their family and friends? That will be awesome! Nite

Ah that would really really nice. CJW pregnant with a second Do:D and eating Bossam (Boiled Pork Wraps).It was her favourite when she was preggo with Eun Ha.

• Like 12

DHS will not die, next episode preview is in a courtroom plus he promised Cha Ji Won, he will be back during the hotel room handcuff. And how can he not? Eun Ha needs her Appa!! No worries!!

As long as BHS is dead, I'm happy! I really don't want him to escape prison and continue killing. Is he really dead? Or is it like a twist in the ending that he's alive? 

Re: wriggling human in the sack that Moo Jin videotaped, wow I was wrong again, my guess was DHS when he was younger.

Also our guess ladies about the mole in detective team! I'm so bummed about that lol :bunnywar:

I wonder what happened to the old Baek couple? There goes their reputation!

Oppa JG, looking so fierce and hot when he got pissed off and chased BHS! My poor heart *drool :sweet::gangnamstyle:

I was also hoping to see the scene where village foreman was killed and also I wanted to see more of the past of the horrors that BHS and Do Min Seok did. DMS is such a creepy character on another level.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and theories in this forum. I really had a blast brainstorming with all of you. This drama is so interesting and awesome!! I know there are some flaws but overall wow!! It really made my mind flew! And can I just say, all the actors and actresses did such an amazing job! FOE wouldn't be this great if it's a different cast! They were all great! :hooray2:i wish they coulda extended to 20 episodes but it's all good. Have a good weekend everyone! See you next week on the last episode. :allgoodlol:

• Like 10
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

My thoughts are still all over the place but I would just like to take a moment to applaud the insane camera work in this episode, especially with the scene where dms catches up to dhs from behind and leads his way in the forest. It is so rare that the camera captures the moment where  movement and emotion are so perfectly synchronized. 

Also I am bracing my self for all the incoming posts about all the plot holes and "lazy" writing of the episode. I am afraid I will have to agree with them, so many makjang moments, but then again, u really got to give the writer credit for such detailed characterization. I know the situation is super far fetched but I still feel so much for the characters. The writer has been meticulous is capturing hyun soo's relationship with trusting others and himself and this is echoed heartbreakingly again and again in his dialogue. Even minor characters like detective I'm has a redemption arch. U can tell so much love has gone into writing these characters from scratch. This is seriously one of the best, if not the best Korean dramas I have seen, and not even amnesia and makjang moments can take that away. 

• Like 8

I did a rough translation of the part when CJW makes it to the cliff with the other police officers which begins at around 14:15. It isn't the full clip in the highlight, but I did the full scene from the show because I just thought that it's probably one of the best scenes of the entire show.

Spoiler

(DHS is about to kill BHS with the knife raised in the air)

CJW: Honey! 

(DHS freezes as the police run to the scene)

CJW: Honey

(DHS looks over at CJW)

CJW: Throw away the knife and come over here. Leave it to the police

DHS: Huh? Huh? You...are you really CJW?

CJW: What's that supposed to mean?

(DHS sees his father)

CJS: It looks like DHS is acting a little strange right now

CJW's boss: Detective Cha, please retreat

CJW: Honey, what are you doing? I told you to throw the knife and come over here!

DHS: You...they said that you died

CJW: No, that was a set-up. I'm right here and alive

(DHS cries and looks to his father's image. CJW begins to take a couple of steps forward)

CJS: CJW!

(Their boss stops him)

CJS: Come back over here!

CJW's boss: Detective Kim (rookie), our utmost importance is Detective Cha's safety. In the worst case scenario, please shoot

Rookie: I got it

(CJW gets closer but DHS still has his knife raised)

CJW: It's all over. You only need to come over here

(DHS shakes his head, shakes, and cries)

DHS: I... I... I'm saying that I see a dead person

(DHS cries and CJW begins to cry)

DHS: I can't believe what's right in front of me

CJW: You can just come over here and hug me. Come here! Come here and hug me!

(BHS begins to laugh but DHS looks at CJW, lowers his knife, and slowly stands)

CJW's boss: Everyone, still be on guard

(CJW opens her arms and DHS looks at the knife in his hands before throwing it to the side and slowly walks over to CJW)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

So sad that next week is going to be the last one...

I am not ready to say goodbye:(

urabHWW.gif

45 minutes ago, bombshellchick1 said:

I wonder what happened to the old Baek couple? There goes their reputation!

They should be charged with aiding and abetting BHS in committing murder and locked up for that.What are the laws in Korea on this? What if they were young enough to produce another child or even adopt one, what is the guarantee that they will not cover up more crimes if necessary?They are awful parents.Losing their good reputation is big punishment to them but its not enough.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I wonder of BHS's parents just put in him a medically induced coma and I wonder if they did it because they knew that, if they ever decided to wake him up, that he wouldn't be able to be charged for any of the crimes he committed. But that doesn't really explain why GMJ thought taking off the ventilator would kill him. 

32 minutes ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

My thoughts are still all over the place but I would just like to take a moment to applaud the insane camera work in this episode, especially with the scene where dms catches up to dhs from behind and leads his way in the forest. It is so rare that the camera captures the moment where  movement and emotion are so perfectly synchronized. 

I just love the forest sequence entirely. I thought it was interesting how, once DHS begins following DMS, that the coloring of the scene changes as well. To me, it was like DHS embraced DMS at that moment and that's why he was able to follow and know where BHS was going with ease. I think by that point he might've embraced the psychopath side within him.

34 minutes ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

Also I am bracing my self for all the incoming posts about all the plot holes and "lazy" writing of the episode.

The one thing that sticks out for me is, how long does it take to get to DMS's house because before, when KMJ and DHS were going to get the picture, I thought it took them like hours to get there, because it turned night, but in this episode, the police show up relatively quickly? If they didn't, then how long was BHS going around bleeding from his arm and leg for? 

I know in the grand scheme of things these little things don't matter, but I just find it funny to think about sometimes, for any kind of show.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2