[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

1 hour ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

So now we know the sound of the tape is 

Hide contents

The sound of an ice pick hitting ice. Hmm I am interested, but am also thinking they're gonna make a huge detour with this employment agency only to lead us back to the real Baek hee sung. 

Theory, Baek hee sung works as a gangster for the employment agency, and he recruits socially desperate people so his father can harvest organs off them for his hospital. 

I havent watched whole episode but The theory of ice hitting might make sense. In preview ep 9 DHS went to see someone he knows in the bar, probably thinking the accomplicr is somewhat related to the bar with ice hitting noise? 

• Like 5

Now that i've watched it with subs, my opinion of episode 8 has really changed. Again, the cinematography was on point. The sequence of Hyun Soo slowly approaching Hae soo and how it eventually built up to an unexpected climax where the sister burst into tears and the truth behind the foreman's murder is revealed is just so beautiful. I can't figure out what it is, but i just really loved how it was set up. The location, the way the cameraman focused on hyun soo's deliberate steps approaching a lady from behind is standard horror cinematography, but they subverted everything and turned it into something warm and emotional and it was so so artfully done. 

The other sequence that stood out was the ending sequence. the frame that captured gong mijia and baek man woo staring at their son had almost perfect composition and lighting. If you are familiar with the painting the "creation of adam", the composition of this particular scene directly mirrors that of the painting, and which is significant, given the context of the scene. Again, in this scene, a typical family reunion/loved one waking up from coma sequence is completely subverted into something eerie and blood curdling. Although I think the quick cuts of Hyun Soo suffering from chest pain and Hee Sung gasping for air was a bit heavy handed, it served a good purpose of highlighting that Real Baek Hee Sung regaining life = the death of the fake Baek Hee Sung. I hope the opening of ep 9 will help to fill the gaps a bit so that its not so contrived (i.e. what happened in the living room when moo jin was talking to ji won. Maybe Hae soo noticed Hee Sung having a panic attack and tries to calm him down and eventually convinces him to face his wife upfront, which is why he is able to walk out of the living room as if he was fine). 

I really think this drama should win awards for cinematography and directing, its just something i have never seen executed so well on TV before. 

The other thing that i liked about ep 8 was how it shield light on the biggest mystery presented by the show: who is the real Doo Hyun Soo. This episode gifted us with an up close and personal look into his psyche, and also gave his character a chance to express his true self in front of the people he trusted (Hae Soo and Moo Jin). This was very refreshing as up till now, we have only seen Hyun Soo playing a role that he wants other people to see (i.e. the loving husband to jiwon, the doting dad to the kindergarten teacher, or the violent kidnapper to moo jin). But here, especially in Moo Jin's living room, there is no pretense involved, he is just himself and this is the first time the audience gets to see this. Also, I am really happy that Moo Jin has been 100% accepted into the group of people he trusts. 

The only thing i didn't liked was how sidelined Ji Won was. She was a good antagonist in ep 7, but here her character feels kind of displaced/in a state of limbo. I must say, while i loved seeing her relationship and tension with Hyun soo in the earlier episodes, I am no longer intrigued by that anymore, i would much rather see scenes of the 3 musketeers of Yeonju (i.e. Hyun Soo, Haesoo and Moo Jin). I hope they do something to speed things up on this side of things 

I really should have waited for more episodes to come out before i started watching this. Its only friday here and I am already counting down to wed....

1 hour ago, Cindy Tjioe said:

I havent watched whole episode but The theory of ice hitting might make sense. In preview ep 9 DHS went to see someone he knows in the bar, probably thinking the accomplicr is somewhat related to the bar with ice hitting noise? 

Yes you can hear the sound in the preview. It is the same sound. Also younger hyun soo was at the bar with minseok, that scene is in the trailer as well. 

About Baek Man Woo's phonecall. I feel he is calling someone who could make Hyun Soo "disappear"... in the trailer, the cops discussed how they want to set a trap to lure the accomplice out but why does it feel like Hyun Soo was the one who fell into the trap at the end of the preview? Did Baek Man Woo predicted he was going to the bar for info and subsequently set him up?  ommooo i feel so worried for our ML.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

After watching this week's episodes I'm desperate to see them come clean to each other!

I believe in the writer, so I'm hoping that next week we will see that, please??

Cha Jiwon went to Moojin's place when both Hyunsoo and Haesoo where there, so maybe they finally admite the truth? She desperately wants to help him, if only he could stop lying (and yes, I know will be hard, as he is already so used to living like this)... 

Real Baek Heesung woke up, already! That's another problem Hyunsoo will have to deal with. And it's kinda good that Jiwon is thinking about divorce, because her marriage with Baek Heesung is far from legal anyway, lol. 

Episode 8 got me thinking so many theories... Can't wait for more episodes. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, hazelyeot said:

And it's kinda good that Jiwon is thinking about divorce, because her marriage with Baek Heesung is far from legal anyway, lol. 

Would it not be funny if they re merry with his legal name :P  like finally he can be himself and do not need to hide himself in any form. this also the new chapter in their life where they do not need  act on a front. I can see how re marriage could be the symbol of this. No more secrets but a honest relationship. Maybe this also could make the little family even more closer consider JW do not have that strong relationship with her kid as the kid dad. Maybe I am carried away consider there is so much road block ahead. But I could see this ending too. Who knows what writer have in store. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, peachfuzz said:

Poor poor JW! 

She is a strong woman.But big girls cry when their hearts are breaking:criesariver:.So broken she has no one to seek comfort in except her baby. Hyun Soo ya lets get therapy for you and then bring back this woman's smile.

2c56fe3d20ff4ad011a467d5f4d8a3b1dfe35259

f28378943999817cf47199d262b9d65f6788476b

Spoiler

73203f8e8306708abbf6d4d4adf0177c3017ca78

80d630fd411932aa3d4fc8272997cf7498233fe7

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

14 hours ago, violina said:

5 REASONS WHY "FLOWER OF EVIL" IS THE NEXT PSYCHO THRILLER YOU SHOULD WATCH

Karen Jane Ng

Posted at August 21, 2020

Trust us when we say Korean dramas never disappoint in psychological thriller genre. For proof, we have Strangers From Hell, Hello Monster, Save Me, and Extracurricular among the best ones. And, the latest addition to the list A.K.A. our current obsession is Flower of Evil. It's about a craftsman and an alleged serial killer with anti-social personality disorder (Lee Joon Gi) who hides his past under a new identity as a perfect husband to a detective (Moon Chae Won.)

If the plot intrigues you, wait until we tell you the other reasons why you should prioritize it on your must-watch list. Here you go:

1. Episode endings are real cliffhangers. As you all know, K-dramas are unpredictable—much more for Flower of Evil whose storyline is very new to our ears. We have no idea what's going to happen next and then comes the twisted final scene of an episode leaving us gripping on our seats and holding our breaths. It's frustrating as it only airs twice every week, but, at the same, keep us waiting for more.

Hide contents

2. Pacing is fast and smart. Despite it leaving us hanging every chance it gets, here's what's good: It's a fast-paced story but not so much that it looks rush hence creating loopholes. It's just enough to answer one question after another and later making new smart turns to set us once again in confusion and refrain us from jumping to conclusions.

Reveal hidden contents

3. You'll fear and pity the villanous protagonist. Joon Gi plays psychopath Baek Hee Sung in the drama and the role is one to be scared of. He lacks emotions, is impulsive, and has a delinquent tendency. Who knows what he can do or who he's going to kill? But the series give us insight into his head and his past making you understand where he's coming from.

4. Female lead is not weak. Chae Won's character as Cha Jiwon is being deceived by now-husband Hee Sung. She loves and trusts him as he comes off as an ideal partner. But credits to Jiwon for not letting that stop her from thinking, being suspicious, and getting into action. We stan a woman with a mind of her own. We won't be surprised if she gets ahead of Hee Sung in the next episodes.

5. It's not your ordinary romance. Yep, there's still the touch of romance and we can't overlook that considering the onscreen chemistry of Chae Won and Joon Gi and their characters' touching backstory. However, what keeps the couple unconventionally interesting is how they're going to keep the smile while facing each other and how they're going to handle the truth behind each other's back. Is it possible for them to get a happy ending?

Stop wasting your time thinking what K-drama to watch next. This is sign. Watch Flower of Evil now while the thrill is just getting started.

Source: https://myx.abs-cbn.com/features/25793/reasons-why-flower-of-evil-is-the-next-psycho-th

woahhh wait! this came from myx abscbn? as in? i am very happy now because i want this drama to be more well loved in my country . i want them to watched it and not focused only on romance. ( lol ) . do filipinos now watched FOe? i asked some and they complain..

they want it to be on netflix. but they know it is good based on peoples recommendation and review.  so they wish to make it as a netflix show soon ( can that happen? ) .some are not yet over to the other drama ( of yeji ) .... 

question... when will be the couples photoshoot?? 

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote pics/gifs in your posts. Thanks.
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

After watching the episodes, I have a theory :glasses: Sorry for long post.. just want to try building possible yet crazy theory..I luuv this drama so much, that I even bother to make some theories..lol.  I luuv DHS (and LJK mature handsomeness), love the strong woman CJW, love baby Eun Ha, funny KMJ and lovable Noona..like the connection between the mother in laws...etc...and also they give me Kim Ji Hoon (long time not see you...)

So many mysteries..fast pacing..good storytelling, good acting ...wow

Snce the first case, the director and writer tend to mislead us as well as give thought or reasoning for CJW. Remember the child case and the social worker cases. In the beginning, they make us think that the other people were the killer. But in the end, the most unthinkable person is the doer. The child case give thought to CJW that will she open the truth to find unhappyness for a whole family or keep the secret although it will make her unhappy feeling.

I watch the episodes and I think how about if DMS is not the perpetrator. DHS has been detected with ASPD syndrome and from the investigative document, we got hint that the crafting is one of the method to treat him and his father was being close to him in this cure.  Yes, we got DMS past scene in the latest episodes. And in the rabbit scene, the writer wants to lead us that his father teach DHS with cruel things. But we must remember the scene in the head of village warehouse, where in the beginning, we could see DHS held the knife and said he feels good. However in the 8 episode, we can see the whole of his sentences and understand the real scene. So how about the rabbit scene is also misleading hint, and they will present us the full scene in later episode.

Then I watch closely of the accomplice figure.. We are sure that he was not DHS..is he his noona?? hmm.. I don't think so, because DHS and his noona share the same story, in the warehouse as well as in the funeral scene..

Based on the hints, we know that DHS maybe acquainted with the the murder accomplice. The accomplice use DMS's car and DHS feels familiar with the place of where the phone calling happen.

When I watch the figure, I have a feeling that maybe he is not he. Noona said that his voice is soo tender.. and I saw the hair is just like bend under the hat. And many of the victims were women so it is possible to harm them (power struggle things). And also the recorded voice was surely not the real voice.

My theory: it is DHS mother lol :)

We never get glimpse about his mother..and how about if the real psycho is his mother..Poor DMS, he was misunderstood in whole drama...ommo....it should be a drama

I love this theory :lollipop:

• Like 3

I have a feeling that there will be one more life threatening moment for DHS and CJW will come to rescue him again but this time she realize what he means to her and how he love her too.

I understand why DHS dont want his identity exposed. It will be very bad for Eun ha. Even if he is innocent, no one will believe him because he was the suspected one.

Sometimes that happen in real life. Even if u didnt do it but if u are the most suspected then people will go for you and will hunt you down.  

I believe DHS love CJW it just he didnt know it yet. He thought he was just faking it but you can see that it wasnt. 

CJW should work together with her husband and help him to clear his name too especially with real BHS back alive it will be a danger for DHS and there is chance DHS got shipped out by BHS father.

Can you imagine if they somehow swap both again just like years ago and suddenly real BHS become the husband of CJW instead of DHS. Well for sure eunha will notice it immediatly because of how close she is with his father.

But legally thats another whole case that hard to think about. 

• Like 5

epi 8 seems to be shedding some light now at least for me LOLs it seems it takes Einstein to solve what's gg on with this drama or it may be just me??:Furious:

However, I've been a fan of KJH since his Stars Falling etc drama & not to mention LJK so i sure hope KJH will soon get out of that coma & we'll see more of him too!

• Like 5

New Ship...fake grandma and eunha:lol:Eunha has her wrapped under her tiny little finger.

a1fb424c5e4423d116e09d913906bf511db693d9

5cd1e836e75bc64e31e8ceaa84bb4b2b0f82db6a

3c80b7554237680bec0fa59fff0e21495fd8e908

For the first time after watching episode 8.I feel sorry for fake grandma.She is pitiful too.I mean even before, I had a hunch that she has also been abused and traumatized by her marriage to fake grandpa.Maybe that is why she shows her soft side to Hyun Sun because she can relate to his condition. The grandfather is terrifying, cruel, creepy, a gaslighter and abusive. She’s high strung and can be cruel but she has some humanity which is something her toxic husband absolutely lacks. Are we sure he doesnt have a basement in that house?

• Like 4
  • Love 4

To @sas79 I think he faced her as DHS because in the preview, Jiwon was able to enter Kim Moo Jin's house and even saw the word "trap". I think by then, he has no choice to but to face her as such so that they can perhaps solve the case.

Do Hae Soo will play a huge role for the husband and wife in the next few episodes.

• Like 7

Real BHS is awake!! Yikes! Why do I feel like there will be a love triangle soon., ah no never mind.

I just love this series since its 1st ep. And it is also the first time I watch an ongoing series to the point that I even watch on live streaming w/o subs. And watch the episode w/ subs repeatedly. Actors were all great and the LeeMoon chemistry is literaly a blazing :evilelmo: 

This drama is for sure a masterpiece..

Will put my theories after episode 16!!! Lol :hahah!:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Okay, I just have to say… LJG’s performance in the old house/basement in episode 7? Absolutely masterful. The subtleties and nuance in his expression and body language, the tension and emotion… I had my heart in my throat! Bravo, truly. 

I think DHS/BHS absolutely does love his wife, he just doesn't realize it. For all his life he's known he's different and has internalized the idea that he's a "defective" human being, and is so repressed, as well as having experienced trauma from his father... he just isn't recognizing that the way he feels about her, cares for her, wants to be around her, is love. 

So, I'm dying to know if he's just going to lie for all he's worth about why he's at the reporter's apartment, or come clean. I'm leaning toward the former but I really don't know. I'd kind of prefer his confession to come in a dramatic breakdown rather than a calm sit-down discussion... what can I say, I love the pain! 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, armyta_ said:

I really want Hyunsu to pursue Jiwon later, to gain her trust back, you know, for saying he doesn't love her. That's real hurt my dear, to the point that your wife HESITATE to ask you whether you love her or not.

I want this too. I get it.His mental health is a mess but it doesnt take away the fact that he has hurt this woman.If he wants eternity with her, he has to work had to earn back her trust and forgiveness.I want to see this.Not just a tearful one liner in episode 16 saying he is sorry and he loves her. I want to see him work for it.

I mean look.She already heard that "he doesnt love her". She burnt Do Hyun Soo's bag and recorder and made her resolve to let him live as Baek Hee Sung.That she would break it off when the time is right.But she still asks if he loves her. Like she is still in denial.When you watch this scene, you can hear it in her voice and even see it in her face(Moon Chae Won is excellent at micro expressions) like she was still clinging to a tiny bit of hope. 

1f5a86a455332c647c0e169635912b9de63fe3ec

Then she gets this response:(.I mean on a regular day its not wrong but in this moment.She wants him to say the three letter words(I love you) with his mouth.

15b532cfd23c00ff8e861789e4252d43c572a422

You can see her dejected face but she is trying not to show how disappointed she is when he didnt say what she NEEDED to hear

b5f461ec7b77f49a89e34d70cc76d7644b19369e

So heartbreaking:criesariver:

• Like 9
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1

Usually I will wait until 4th episode before deciding to commit to the drama. And I've started from 5th episode and now til 8th, I think I'll watch from 1. So I dont know the whole story bcoz I dont read the recap. 

But, from the episodes I've seen so far.. I know at first I've voted for sad ending but now, I would like a happy ending. Might be the chest pain due to stress over his body (replacing the lack of common sense human usually do). So, to overcome it, he must tell the truth. Let BHS back to his identity and his family be happy again. For DHS, he need to come to the light, admit who he is. To his wife and child and to the world. I dont think he is a killer neither did his sister. KMJ can have the sister as his, right? He seems like a good guy now. She needs love. CJW will learn to love the man she married.. Err need to marry again legally with the name DHS, right? 

Even though DHS have disorder, he is a responsible person to his family. I love that. He might reluctant to say the word ILOVEU bcoz he dont understand the meaning of that. Well, my family also not keen of saying the word "I love you" to each other. Its cheesy, cringy they said. 

Waiting for next week. Cannot wait what will the trio do. I think DHS said he is helping DHSoo with KMJ in that house. I dont think he will admit to CJW he is DHS yet. He is not ready to do so. 

• Like 15

Studio Dragon just announced that all their drama productions are temporarily being stopped for a week from August 24th to 31th in order to prevent the spread of Covid. This.. including FOE and FS 2

CW spotted filming today

Screenshot-20200822-163127-Instagram.jpg

• Like 10
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

:cries:

source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002888663

translation

Spoiler

“‘Flower of Evil’, ‘Missing’ ‘Once Again’: Studio Dragon suspends drama filming for 1 week

Studio Dragon suspends the filming of all its dramas for one week to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
“As the coronavirus is quickly spreading right now, Studio Dragon decided to suspend the filming of all dramas from August 24 through 31, for the sake of the safety of all the cast and production staff involving in the drama productions.”
“Following the suspension of the filming, we may have to reschedule the air dates of some of these dramas, but we will publish an additional notice once we have made arrangements with the broadcasters. Even after this suspension period is over, we will put the safety of the cast and production staff first when making decisions based on the COVID-19 developments.
The dramas produced by Studio Dragon are mostly airing on CJ ENM’s channels tvN and OCN, as well as KBS, so the dramas airing on these channels are expected to be rescheduled. On KBS 2TV, ‘Once Again’ is airing; on tvN, ‘Flower of Evil’ and ‘Stranger 2’ are airing. ‘Missing’ and ‘Record of Youh’ are scheduled to air on OCN and tvN, respectively. Both ‘Stranger 2’ and ‘Record of Youth’ have already finished shooting.
-
-

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Ep 9 preview analysis

Did Do Hae Soo really commit the murder ? Or the accomplice we heard on the tape just using the murder for blackmail? 

Jung mi sook’s body was the only one not found... Is it hidden or is she like sold somewhere? 

the accomplice number is connected to the job agency...?

the video dissects the preview with really interesting theories .. I recommend watching it.

6 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

Did Do Hae Soo really commit the murder ? Or the accomplice we heard on the tape just using the murder for blackmail?

I think the accomplice might have provoked the village foreman in some way.... so when Hae Soo arrived to talk to him about it he might have gotten threatening...and she might have killed to protect Hyun So and told him it was sexual assault.She didn’t expect he will take the blame for it.It was perfect opportunity for the accomplice to frame Hae Soo and Hyun Su who was already under suspicion and get away with it.

Like think about it , if what he gives to the witness was false information , he could’ve given false information to the foreman that Hae Soo and Hyun were the murderers and the foreman might have told Hae Soo that he was going to give him away to the police..and he could’ve gotten physical when she threatened him and said mean things and provoked him. She wouldn’t commit murder that brutual just because he was assaulting her...

All in all, the accomplice and job agency is connected to it and can get away with it.

maybe the number he gave to Hae Soo was the job agency that could like sell her off or push her into a shady job.

Shes pretty too..

and if she has to keep quiet because she just cannot call the police on them because they might start asking questions about her brother and father..

it’s far fetched ... but I’m just wilding out here..

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

It’s funny how my mind just keeps flipping between possible theories when I read other peoples comments haha such great theories in here! The figure of the accomplice could certainly be female but I still think it could be the real BHS because I thought he had longer hair and he also seems to have a slimmer frame too. I absolutely think it would be an awesome twist if the accomplice is someone we least expect but I think an even better twist would be if DHS’s dad wasn’t a serial killer after all. He certainly doesn’t appear to be evil in the flashbacks, it’s the hallucinations that appear in DHS’s mind that make his dad so creepy but that could all just be a figure of DHS’s imagination based off what everyone said about his dad after they ‘discovered’ he was a serial killer and also after the terrible experience DHS had growing up being bullied and with everyone treating him like he was his father.

I do wonder how the Baeks were able to change their son just like that without anyone noticing but it will be stranger to see how they remove DHS and put their real son back in the picture, I mean wouldn’t everyone question why they look different? I hope there isn’t some silly plastic surgery cliche that’s used but I guess there wouldn’t be any other way to explain it. I find it hard to believe that no one would know what the Baeks son looks like too given the status of BMW.

Anyways curious to see how this all plays out. End of the day I just want DHS to finally be able to live without hiding and at peace and hopefully with JW and their beautiful daughter.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

The only problem I have with the script is so the Baeks decided to fake a whole RickRoll'D Son to protect the dad’s job and reputation?

like he will lose his place if son is injured in an hit and run .. Is this real? 
can they just rule it as an accident and heal Do Hyunso  in secret and let him go?

• Like 2