[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

It's a good news. This is the highest they ever got for Wed's ratings. 

From yesterday from Goor Data

11 hours ago, jeonghyang said:

Chief 

it's my first time to see your baby girl on a scene like this. 60.gif But Pervz Dobby likes it.

Lol of course you likes it, Dobby ;)

• Like 8

@violina Yes love that the scenes though short showed us a mature relationship that was sexy and we wanted more.

@Madu Mita Def agree I am sick and tired of mature adults just having a lip press /dry kiss and thank godmother more 360 camera turn around the couple as much. Sexy but tasteful more realistic for sure. I feel the vibes too the siblings still caring for one another about the foreman murder. I agree on being JW side too. He lied for 14 years.

@LumbarSpine You articulated my thoughts to the T. From DYS tape recorder is only last tape of his mom humming (what I thought too) Both siblings love and kiss each other. In order not to jeopardize their new identity they couldn’t meet up.

Tonight watched ep 7.

- Seeing reporter MJ trying to look good to DHS was cute. Glad she apologized and appreciated him and his words on her innocence. Gosh she is a beauty no wonder he still holds a torch for her. She def protected DHS from their dad as best as she could. 

-MJ standing up to DHS was hilarious and glad that DHS gave back the item he was using to black mail him with. 

-JW is sweet but her iron will to protect and try go out wit DHS was eerie. Showing his bag to him testing his reactions as well as his dads old studio. The basement and her suddenly playing DHS cassette was suspicious for sure. Surprised Hubby hasn’t caught on. Also all under the guess of a date?! So weird.

- fake dad is weird and dark and I agree I felt a chill hearing  him clip his fingernails. Mom actually must have trauma . I mean her wanting to be nice to grandchild then tearing up hey math book. Her granddaughter not wanting dad upset at grandma. Wow big step for her as she usually says she is scared of grandmother.

- Poor maknae at DH being hardworking on the stolen lettuce case. Only be would be so hardworking. Lol.

JW showing is she can act too. Dang wow! She easily fibbed about breaking the basement trap door lock for a baby carriage. Smoothly done. Having the GPS tracking I can see she cannot ask him directly. But in the preview she wants to break up with BHS (will they? Tomorrow halfway point of the drama).

Lol Pervy overload though was overalls tame bed scene, seeing LJK red chest and ears woah. Leaving it all to our imagination I wouldn’t ave minded a sexier kiss . Sigh.  

Looking forward to the  next episode,

• Like 6

wow congratulation their rating is the highest always number 1 top drama,..most buzzworthy, recieved lots of lots of positive reviews,praised and recognition all over the world,..over all its a masterpiece....wow

this drama flower of evil are totally full package

best drama

best couple

best casting

best screenwriter

best director

best cinematography 

and a lot more,...

wow brilliant,they deserved to win more and more,..also waiting for another many interviews and photoshoot.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Jillia said:

New stills for the upcoming episode. :D

Source: Sports Chosun

Finally brother and sister reunited!! 

Hopefully they work together to clear Do hyun su name once and for all. 

And Baek hee song daddy is so fishy i am scared that he will make do hyun su gone when his identitiy got exposed. 

• Like 9

Episode 7 was pretty overloaded. The resto owner somehow got lost on where exactly is the meeting site?

Also I think we still need episode 8 because the revelations we got from episode 7 is not that enough?

Looking forward to read more your theories

• Like 4

@smartiegal I think JW said to meet at where the old coworker wife temple she is visiting. It was to scare off our ML from what I can tell (my two cents) So when the Chinese restaurant owner was surprised she wasn’t there and JW said she was going to Seoul. I think she planned not to meet up or if she was sincere about it . ML needing to go home saved the meeting between the two.

@Samuel Yohanes I am two looking forward to the siblings reunion!

@Jillia Thanks for the pics!

Looking forward to Episode 8.

• Like 7

1. Do Hyu so confess she is kill village foreman.But why in ahjumas cassette recorder man voice say he was killed for being noisy? but this sibling try to protect each other now. hope we find this mystery soon who is the killer of village foreman.

2. Episode 7 is so hot (bed scene),  tense (DHS choked CJW neck), fun(when Kim Ko Jin hide from Do Hyu Soo), painful(when DHS short of breath, when CJW narrated give her one reason to forgive DHS).

3.What happen if DHS, his sister and Kim Mo Jin team up to find the suspect of Ju Min Soek kidnapper/killer?

4. CJW please trust you husband.His past is so painful after his mother leave him.
The only comfort was the recording of his mother lullabies.Because his character so aggressive he will protect the only one memory he have of his beloved mother.(although have to fight the others) . Poor DHS.

• Like 6

well Do Hyun Soo's character is very complex, as a child he already "different", no normal child will say "I can't kill him because it will be difficult to get rid of the body"... so creepy. Got bullied as teenager and also quite violence... and also "almost" a thief... and he kidnapped, breaking an entry, etc. Maybe he is not a killer (yet), but he is not innocent either. 

I know we have been watching previous episodes mostly from BHS/DHS point of view, now we will see more of CJW's action toward her husband. I personally understood and like CJW character so much, she is such a strong character, MCW does a great job. Most wives will be freak out and run with her daughter if thinking his husband is a murder suspect, even worse a serial killer hahaha... but she's a detective, she wants to prove if her husband guilty or not. She knows already he is DHS and she's been lied to for 14 years, but now she wants to know the reason, and if she could forgive him.... makes sense. 

I love how the writer tells us the story, and the director is very detailed... Of course they remember to make viewers happy with sexy bed scene, funny KMJ and police... this drama is a complete package. I hope it won best drama award, best couple, best female actress and best actor... hehe...

• Like 8
  • Love 1

source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000848391

Spoiler

Flower of Evil’: Siblings Lee Joongi and Jang Heejin finally reunite… What’s the story kept secret between them?

In ‘Flower of Evil,’ Lee Joongi and Jang Heejin finally reunite.
Episode 8, set to air on August 20, sees Do Haesoo (Jang Heejin) and Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi) finally reunite and set out to solve the mystery from the past together by revealing the clues that have been kept secret 18 years ago.
The unveiled stills capture Baek Heeseong (Lee Joongi) and Do Haesoo locked in a hug. Haesoo crying while hugging her brother breaks viewers’ hearts.
Heeseong has lived an ordinary life, hiding his real identity as Do Hyunsoo, a serial killer’s son and accused murder suspect. After having long been forgotten, Do Hyunsoo has recently attracted public attention as the accomplice in the Yeonju serial murder case committed by his father Do Minseok (Choi Byungmo), with the police closing in on him.
Viewers wonder if Do Haesoo, another person who remembers the past incident, can offer some clues to her brother who’s in trouble now, and whether they can identify their father’s accomplice.
In the previous episode, Haesoo made a shocking confession she’s the real killer of the Gagyeongri village head murder case. “So stop harassing my Hyunsoo.” Her words reflect her regret and guilt towards her brother who took the blame for her. Viewers are more curious as to what happened between the siblings.
How will the story of intense emotional chase thriller ‘Flower of Evil’ conclude? It continues in Episode 8, set to air August 20 at 10:50 pm.

• Like 8

Guys lets hope and pray for the safety of crew and actor+actress for this drama. 

The corona spreadout had suspend 4 drama right now with 1 from tvn 1 from jtbc and 2 from kbs. 

considering this drama is still on filming there is also chance that the drama got suspended aswell if the spreadout got to the set aswell.. 

Lets hope for the best guys so there is no delay and they all still healthy and fine for the best drama currently airing

• Like 10

This kind of genre is not my thing so maybe that's why I can't think as to how, why and what is going on. 

Anyway, I am in a way glad that CJW put a tracking device on DHS/BHS, because that way she'll know about his movements to be able to understand him more.

I honestly can't predict what's gonna happen next. Vital connection will be revealed in the coming episodes and I can't wait to watch it.

• Like 6

After yesterday episode, i feel like do hyun father may not be killer.  First of all, he committed suicide. I don’t think a killer will commit suicide just because he got busted. 
and do hyun’s sister made reporter recall that he had respected her father. 
like someone in this thread had mentioned, maybe basement was the place where do hyun was reprimanded, where he was taught to be normal person. The cage was for do hyun. The part where his sister teaches him how to say “okay” to father when spoken. 
the reason do hyun is so affected by the place is he had so much painful memories.  
maybe since he cant feel pain or fear, his father used means to torture.  
did the sibling went to foreman house after their father was caught?

I feel like foreman tired to force upon sister so she ended up killing him. When she told do hyun, he took blame.  It is unquestionable how much he loves his sister. I feel like his sister is only one person who can talk sense to do hyun. Wondering is the voice of tape recorder is of sister to calm him. 
i cant wait for the sibling reunion

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Ep. 7 was not good, in fact it is clear that a) ML has a lot to hide, as repressed memories or under schizoid / split personality syndrome. b) FL is using a kdrama trope to 'analyze' ML while keeping a gun with her to shoot him! c) FL is going to tell him to leave since she can't trust him around the daughter anymore. 

I found the sex scene in extremely bad taste, considering that FL knows the husband has betrayed and lied for 14 years and continues to do so, so what's the point of remaining close to him, allowing him to touch her and the daughter, when nothing on him or his past is clear. And then to top it all of, to still make out and sleep with him! What if he tries to bind and kill her? Illogical. He's lying, she's lying, her entire demeanor around him has changed, and he hasn't picked up on it, while she's playing detective around a potentially dangerous person, and I'm like WTH?! 

If ML liked and trusted her one bit, he would've disclosed something to her after that near-death pool scene or in his original house, but he just pretended to be ill to get out of yet another situation where his cover could be blown! How can anyone trust such an apparently deceitful man?

FL did not do DNA test of the blood / fluids she found in his basement and she bought his apparent ruse to get out of basement - why didn't she just show his picture to the restaurant owner? I thought all of this was pretty dumb. She didn't even go to his sister that the whole world now knows about. This kind of cat and mouse game between husband and wife is extremely juvenile and annoying.

I find it very interesting that ML has decided on killing 2 people to date as BHS (journalist, cab driver) and at the very last moment let them go because they were able to help him or he knew something against them. I would say he is a good manipulator of people! And has no qualms about killing for his own benefit. That does not bode well for where the story goes from here.

ML and his sister are shown in all flashbacks as being happy and well-adjusted (except when he's depressed over mother's 'disappearance', most probably she ran away), so I don't know how or why he fears the ghost of his father who comes around complete with a leash! (the father either trained him, or that's the way ML remembers him because of all the murders blamed on the father). But it's looking more and more like ML has repressed memories or some sort of psychotic disorder, either Schizoid / Split personality.

I think ML is an unreliable narrator of his own memories. I don't think he really remembers what happened to him (as a side-kick being groomed for hurting other people, or as a son).

He is not afraid of the past, he's just afraid of people either finding his identity, going to jail, or losing his family - and to date, nothing that he has done suggests that he will miss the family. He just doesn't want to get caught for a crime he didn't commit (the village foreman one), going to jail, and persecuted as alleged sidekick of his dad. That's it.

Most probably ML's father was angry that his wife had left him and kids and started torturing and killing women as revenge (hence the caging and dumping in the woods). 

The suicide of ML's father is highly suspicious, unless ML killed his father himself. Because frankly, if ML's father is not a serial killer, who can explain away the basement and cage in their house and whatever Moo-Jin filmed with his camera there?

So his father cannot be a scapegoat, he is a killer, involved with some rich customer of his in killing people. But then why hasn't the sidekick tried to kill ML or his sister, or any other person for 18 years? There are no fresh bodies. What kind of serial killer stops killing? Maybe the one with schizoid / split personality disorders (cue: ML)?

I don't think Min-Seok is dead. Either a) it was a set-up to make people believe that ML's father was a serial killer (what kind of actual serial killer lets a witness live? Unless someone wanted an eyewitness to report father's car to police, which they did, which pinned all murders on him). or b) she just wanted to get away from her husband forever and created an illusion of being kidnapped.

My wishful thinking is that ML is just a misunderstood unemotional guy with a bad past who made the bad decision to take blame for a killing he didn't do and accept BHS' parents coercive demands because of his own impossible situation, but I am sure at the end of this ride, when all the dust has settled, writers will throw a curve ball to show him as a cold-blooded killer (as per his split / schizoid personality). And then he'll kill himself so that his daughter does not grow up with the notoriety and stigma of being a killer's daughter (like he had to). And that's when FL will forgive him (or maybe she will choose not to save him next time he is drowning and move on!)

Did not like Ep. 7, slow and illogical, and looks like ML is going to be on his own and on the run after Ep.8. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, sas79 said:

Awww CJW still cares about him. She is trying so hard understand just what the hell happened all those years ago. I am very hopeful now that CJW will forgive him once get understands the full picture. 

Before the revelation she said: Il always show you how much I like you. Il stay by your side. Il teach you everything you dont know. Everything will change like a lie.

Now that she knows his identity: All I want from you is just one thing. A reason to forgive you. These are words that can only come from a spouse who has been betrayed but still cares. 

12 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

Cha Ji Won was very harsh. But I’m kind of on her side because if Hyunso won’t reveal himself then , there’s no chance he would’ve revealed himself if she had directly asked the truth. If you thought Hyunso was cruel you haven’t seen Ji won . Her entire act was a warning as much as it was opportunity she gives to Hyunso to reveal himself.

This too.

I think we can all agree Hyun Soo is a broken and damaged human being who needs a lot of love and healing.But this is an equally traumatizing experience for Ji Won too. Imagine being an upright law enforcer like her but having to hide information about a "suspected killer" because the subject is your husband.Imagine loving and marrying a man for 14 years and then finding out he lied about his identity even his own name. He is still lying to her and she knows he is lying. The pain, anger, betrayal, guilt. She is experiencing a tug of war between her head and her heart now. Hyunsoo will have to work hard to regain her full trust. 

• Like 5

I'm really loving this drama....the suspense of it. There are a couple of lines or scenes where I thought the writer or director could have done better. In ep 5 or 6, the whole pool thing with giving him mouth to mouth under water...silly. He already had a lung full of water at that point, no way his eyes would have opened--time better spent to just get him out of he water. The other scene is in ep 7 when he covers his nose in the basement due to the foul smell and she say's it because of the blood. That was many years ago...there would be so smell of blood in the air.

Enough of that. I still don't know what happened to the son (guy) in the bed that's in a coma hidden in a closet. The 'grandmother' freaked out when the little girl was trying to do math problems. Why? Why are the parents trying to pass DH off as him, for what purpose? Who does Do Hyun thinks his sister is still keeping contact with? I have questions, but no answers.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

5 minutes ago, violina said:

This.

This too.

I think we can all agree Hyun Soo is a broken and damaged human being who needs a lot of love and healing.But this is an equally traumatizing experience for Ji Won too. Imagine being an upright law enforcer like her but having to hide information about a "suspected killer" because the subject is your husband.Imagine loving and marrying a man for 14 years and then finding out he lied about his identity even his own name. He is still lying to her and she knows he is lying. The pain, anger, betrayal, guilt. Hyunsoo will have to work hard to regain her full trust. 

yes, it must be so hard for her, totally agree with you

• Like 6