[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

16 hours ago, partyon said:

1) Who was Do Min Seok's accomplice?

2) Has Do Hyun Soo killed anyone?

3) Will we get a happy or a sad ending?

1. still too early to say but i guess it's someone indirectly related to Do siblings. don't know about Hae-soo but i don't think Hyun-su was an accomplice. if he had witnessed his father's killing, he'd probably have that memory engraved in his mind but as shown so far, the only version of DMS he remembered was the one carrying the dog's leash. his trauma might've played a huge part in it but i wanna believe that there's more to the story.

2. maybe/maybe not. he IS capable of killing people but so far he hasn't and he definitely isn't the type to murder someone without a reason so....

3. i'd go with the sad one because it's more fitting overall. but personally, i want an open ending. 

• Like 7

1) I don't have idea it's either either a new character Hae So or real BHS (He must be in the show for a reason other than lying down on the bed :joy:).

2) I don't think so. He seemed to be saying the truth to the Taxi's driver when he kidnapped him since he wasn't even trying to manipulate him to save his own life. He told him he didn't know about his father serial murders and how he said the truth to the police in the past regarding JMS murder and we just find out that's the witness was threatened to lie by the real murderer. JMS's murderer said that he killed the village's head cuz he got curious and tried to know the truth which clear Do Hyun Su of this crime but i don't understand why he told the reporter he killed him there must be a reason behind that. In short i don't think he killed anyone but this show is unpredictable so.

3) Sad ending even if he wasn't murderer she isn't really communicating with him and that's might lead to a lots of misunderstandings. But i would like for the show to have a happy ending.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

1) Do Min Seok's accomplice is Do Hae So, his daughter. She wanted approval from her dad? Only a guess.

2) Do Hyun So killed the village foreman because the village foreman tried to rape his sister.

3) Happy ending

1) His daughter and one more accomplice - An Outlier. I do think the daughter was forced to sit, watch and learn how his father kill the victim. 

2) Do Hyun Soo accidentally killed the foreman as he tried to defend sister. But the sister made it worse. 

3) Sad ending but MC will meet FMC in another county or she and daughter will wait for his freedom from prison. 

4) My other suggestion is that the Father was in a relationship with the daughter. He child grooming the sister and eventually it became INCEST. The father also made his daughter as an item for another accomplice. MY MONEY IS ON INCEST!!! MADE THAT A TWIST:takemymoney:

:rubchin:

5 hours ago, partyon said:

My answer is up top

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

) Who was Do Min Seok's accomplice?

1.Base on flow chart character, I guess there is another killer who has not been mentioned(voice in witness cassette recorder)

2.Do Hyun Soo never killed anyone.Although he has dark side but every time he wanna kill someone, he never do it.His life so poor, His mother is missing October .After her mother missing her condition is abnormal.let we see what really happen to her mother and father.Her father commit suicide or been killed?

3.i believe happy ending.Because the director said in press conference there is reconciliation between CJW and DHS.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, partyon said:

@partyon, thank you for another poll. 

1) It’s a bit too early to tell, not enough information revealed yet:rolleyes:

2)that I believe to be a “no”. The more we know about him, the more certain I am . There were a few opportunities for him to kill but he chose not to : reporter, restaurant owner  and the taxi driver... good indication that he doesn’t want to be evil... the scene of the bloodied young DHS with the foreman body would be too obvious - not the writer’s style。 He is becoming more like a victim than anything else...

3) I am a happy ending person. Please let the main couple and their daughter live in peace . The story is about love and redemption... their bond /love should be strong enough for CJW to forgive him , sure DHS/BHS has to pay for whatever he has done wrong but doesn’t need to go down to death, too tragic.

There are so much to learn about the Baek’s family , especially father and real son. How do they tie into the plot....

Yes, there are some inconsistencies with JG’s character but I am willing to let it sly.

and the three fish key chains are interesting, another twist coming?

loving the show, loving the acting!

• Like 7

From@ Cheese-jg instagram

Children's counseling journal -

Visiting with a tendency to be depressed and aggressive.

He is a family member of one son and one daughter, and is living with his sister and father, who is a single parent.
(Mother went missing as of October this year.)

The relationship with her sister is good, and the relationship with his father seems to be fine, so the child's abnormal condition has been shown since the mother's absence.
No special occasion given that it has started.

Shy face and small expression.

When asked if he killed his neighbor's dog, he replied yes.
When asked why he did it, he replied that it was human he actually wanted to kill.

When asked how he felt when he saw a picture of a child crying because the toy was broken, he could not feel any emotion.

-To kill a puppy by throwing it into a well.
-Serious violence against mammals
-Art Consultation Proceedings

He answered that he is suffering from problems, but that he is okay with bullying.

-Lack of numbness, expressionless expression, indifference, empathy and guilt.

strong aggressiveness 
to cause injury

Despite continuous counseling, the improvement of symptoms has not improved, requiring hospital treatment.

- Suspected split personality disorder.
-Requires psychiatric medication.
———————

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, hunybunny said:

From@ Cheese-jg instagram

Spoiler

Children's counseling journal -

Visiting with a tendency to be depressed and aggressive.

He is a family member of one son and one daughter, and is living with his sister and father, who is a single parent.
(Mother went missing as of October this year.)

The relationship with her sister is good, and the relationship with his father seems to be fine, so the child's abnormal condition has been shown since the mother's absence.
No special occasion given that it has started.

Shy face and small expression.

When asked if he killed his neighbor's dog, he replied yes.
When asked why he did it, he replied that it was human he actually wanted to kill.

When asked how he felt when he saw a picture of a child crying because the toy was broken, he could not feel any emotion.

-To kill a puppy by throwing it into a well.
-Serious violence against mammals
-Art Consultation Proceedings

He answered that he is suffering from problems, but that he is okay with bullying.

-Lack of numbness, expressionless expression, indifference, empathy and guilt.

strong aggressiveness 
to cause injury

Despite continuous counseling, the improvement of symptoms has not improved, requiring hospital treatment.

- Suspected split personality disorder.
-Requires psychiatric medication.
———————

Thanks for this @hunybunny

Was this the translation of the document Ji Won was reading about the case of Hyun Su? I remember in the subbed episode I watched, it mentioned Schizoid Personality Disorder. 

Regardless of the diagnosis, what's interesting about the report was the violent behavior only started after his mom disappeared. It gives an impression that they had a fairly normal household prior to her disappearance. His relationship to his father was "fine". Referencing the character description that someone kindly posted here, Hyun Su and his dad were actually close. I'm starting to think that Min Seok never really mistreated his children. Hae Soo was proud to show the secret art room made for her by her father. I'm now heavily considering the possibility that Min Seok never committed the killings. He either killed himself when he finally learned his wife's dead. Or someone else killed him when Min Seok discovered the dead bodies. 

In the 3 occasions that his father appeared in his subconscious, I think it's not exactly the image of his dad. But the image he conjured based on what he learned about him the news of the killings. The reaction of the villagers towards him also cemented that image in his head. His father is a killer, hence he's a killer as well. It's the image of all the horror of his past and his association with his father that haunted him, until Ji Won.

Damn. I'm going waaayy ahead. And honestly my theory has changed many a time already. Writernim knows how to keep the interest of her audience so so well. Now I want to wipe a freaking script!! :D

• Like 9

4 hours ago, JungRok said:

4) My other suggestion is that the Father was in a relationship with the daughter. He child grooming the sister and eventually it became INCEST. The father also made his daughter as an item for another accomplice. MY MONEY IS ON INCEST!!! MADE THAT A TWIST

I- that'd be too wild :surprisedwut: but let's see haha

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... I like how so many of us think there would be a happy ending. usually dramas in this genre ends sad or very bittersweet but we will be optimistic for now no? :)

I guess it's how people hope it will end? I guess most of us hope that it won't be a tragic ending. :winkx:

The fish key rings still intrigue me. The taxi driver said that only he and his wife had them, yet we've seen 3 or 4 of them floating around. It means that it could very well mean that the one that DHS received from his noona, might not be  the victim's key ring....

But what does it all mean....?

I tend to believe that the village foreman was not a good guy and that either sibling (or both) killed him in self defense. Either he was a pervert who tried to assault the noona, or then this all ties back to the shamanism scenes we've seen flashbacks of.

Maybe the siblings' exorcism rituals started to get so out of hand, that one of them or both of them had to defend themselves - otherwise they would have been killed?

Keep voting !!! :kiss_wink:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... I like how so many of us think there would be a happy ending. usually dramas in this genre ends sad or very bittersweet but we will be optimistic for now no? :)

Really? I don’t watch many melos! Does this genre typically have a sad ending or bittersweet ending? Oh man, I am in for a ride! :wow1:  

• Like 4

i have no idea yet...will be unexpected...

i hope he didn't...he is able to do it ...but if he did killed somebody i hope it was to save someone or maybe  accidentally

i want a happy end but i also belive he might die to save his wife or their child...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, luffie said:

Really? I don’t watch many melos! Does this genre typically have a sad ending or bittersweet ending? Oh man, I am in for a ride!  

if it was old school melo, I would be betting on lee jun ki dying. :sweatingbullets: hahahahha... yea, they loved sad endings then. however, now there seems to be more bittersweet endings where things are left on an open note. sometimes that drives me nuts but at others, it feels apt. for me, this drama feels more optimistic and it is primarily because of the lighting. everything is so beautifully lit, the director takes advantage of sunlight and it all feels warm. sad depressing dramas tend to mess with lighting and create sombre depressing feel. so fingers crossed, we have an ending that we all enjoy regardless!

• Like 9

17 hours ago, partyon said:

1. Based from ep 6 it was someone who has the ability to make JYH's life harder if she will talk about the night she saw HSY. He said it was a 'he'. I don't know.

2. He thought he did kill someone but I think that he didn't actually.

3. Sad ending but I want to think that a happy ending is still possible considering the turn of events.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hi all!!!!! I have a question. I've heard great things about this drama and it has me very curious. Do you think I should start watching weekly or should I wait to binge it all after it finishes airing? Is the wait between episodes unbearable? Haha. 

Kamsahamnida

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kdramakor said:

Hi all!!!!! I have a question. I've heard great things about this drama and it has me very curious. Do you think I should start watching weekly or should I wait to binge it all after it finishes airing? Is the wait between episodes unbearable? Haha. 

Kamsahamnida

@Kdramakor come watch right away so we can enjoy the ride together, analyse snd discuss about this drama haha

I honestly cant wait for next episode and keep rewatching scenes and have replayed the OST more than 100x it got stuck in my head even when i try to sleep. But it’s worth it to watch current episode so we can enjoy the ride and feeling the emotions for every episode. Thankkng all the forum members here and all the updates and analysis to help ease the pain of waiting! 

The coming episodes will start to be mellow i think, maybe you can wait for another 2 weeks then start if you dont like things ending on a sad note? They would peobably reconcile already by then and the wait wont feel as long lol 

On a side note im now scared of sad or open ending.. so far i havent watched many sad ending dramas, so I really wish this one has happy ending. I wish he get to clear his name.. hard i know as people will still put judgement on him so a sad ending might be more fitting but arghh i’ll lose sleep if that happens (and lots of tissiues lol)

• Like 11

21 hours ago, partyon said:

Even though I would be really overjoyed if he was given a chance to live a happy life and we get a nice ending, I am struggling a bit with the fact that the drama is suddenly showing him understanding other peoples' feelings and feeling genuine concern about his wife. This contradicts quite a lot how he has been depicted before this, so I am a bit of a loss over this sudden change in his personality.....

Agreed.But he could faking those feelings.Remember this is a guy who had to watch clips on how to smile and other emotions. He also asked the taxi driver at the hospital in episode 6 why he was so desperate to his wife's body when she is already dead. Like he wanted to understand why Ji Won was so upset when he asked her to go home and rest. It seems to me he is still lacking in empathy which is one of the telling traits of a psychopath.I still think he also doesnt love or understand the love emotion in the way, an average person does.But lets wait and see

• Like 8

On 8/14/2020 at 3:48 AM, Jillia said:

I also love that even though Baek Hee Sung didn't say everything he told Ji Won back then that he is twisted and violent and that he is seeing things. She still was ready to give him a chance and to be with him. It's a decision she made. Maybe a bit naive but in the end she made the decision on her own and based on what he told her. Even though his identity is a complete lie.

I like this a lot to be honest. That she was willing to give him a chance and to teach him. :D

Totally agree ~ Hee Sung outrightly said to her what kind of person he is and yet Ji Won still believes what she see. Which I definitely like that that is how she is approaching her knowledge that Hee Sung is Hyun Su. The care and love is there when she said to Nam Soon Kil's wife that there's never a witness to Hyun Su killing anyone as many claim to be.... she is giving him the benefit of the doubt... innocent until proven guilty... but when she said she'll make sure Hyun Su gets punished for whatever crime he committed, Idk if this is a good thing tho or not -_-

On 8/14/2020 at 8:23 AM, jazz85 said:

flower of evil 

|| Episode 6 Ratings || Nationwide 3.615 Seoul 4.030

wow congratulation they always number 1,..this rating is high when it comes to the late time.

I'm glad that even though this is in a very late time slot, it's still consistent on holding on to the average 3% rating which I know is quite hard to achieve even in an earlier slot so I wonder if the rating will be higher if it's not airing so late at night. Curious why mostly the Thursday episode gets the higher rating.. haha...

On 8/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, Lmangla said:

it is going to be a tough road for ji won -- she still very much loves this man; despite him telling her the truth in a dazed medication, she didn't run off to the police. she was waiting for him to wake up and her first reaction to seeing him was tears and a hug. but at the same time, when her brain turns on, she is wary of him and is worried that her worst fears and suspicions might actually be true.... so this is going to be one angsty melodrama of a love story! bring it on! who else is bored with regular romances. hahahahhaha....

You and me both ~~ nuff of child's play romances, we need an angsty romance, well, at least in a drama ezgif-com-video-to-gif-6.gif 

On 8/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

4) Do Min Seok's Dog harness and Do Hyun Soo's pet dog - unknown

Now that it was mentioned in Ep. 6 of Hyun Su having a dog for 10 years makes this very intriguing... of what could be the significance of the dog harness that Hyun Su always sees his father holding. Is he only seeing/imagining it after knowing that his father was the serial killer who uses it... or there could be something else more?

21 hours ago, partyon said:

On a side note, don't know if you noticed but we now have at least three fish key rings out there.

Wait, there are three? I thought there's only two, the fish key rings of the taxi driver and his wife (whose ring was given to Hyun Su by his sister). Which I believe was that one in Hyun Su's bag that Nam Soon Kil's wife gave Ji Won.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My feelings on the episodes are almost explained and shared by most of you so I'm not gonna repeat them. Like many of you pointed out, I know we still have lots of questions that will eventually get answered as we go on so I'm not gonna worry too much about it as well. But, I just have to say that I feel like the real Baek Hee Sung also might be someone who has a connection with all the killings? What if he is the accomplice?... hmmm... that conversation he is having on the phone in his car before he run over Hyun Su tells me so. Just why is he in a coma, though, is the one-million dollar question. And at least he didn't run away after hitting HS too... hmmmm.... ezgif-com-video-to-gif-5.gif

Anyways, can we also admire the writers throwing in this scene of the cops pulling each other's hairs... never seen a boss do anything like that and even getting scolded :loolz:. I'm glad that they're putting some comedic scenes to balance the angst we are getting.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif 

I know that Hee Sung and Ji Won's relationship might not be the same as before now with all the revelation, but these future scenes is what I'm holding on as of now to balance out all the heartbreak we might experience along the way... 

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif -- this looks pretty much like a confrontation between them, probably with all the secrets and past out in the open...but then we also see this deep love and care they have for each other.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-2.gif 

And not to forget this one ~~~~~~~

Spoiler

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-3.gif 

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-4.gif 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JungRok said:

1) His daughter and one more accomplice - An Outlier. I do think the daughter was forced to sit, watch and learn how his father kill the victim. 

2) Do Hyun Soo accidentally killed the foreman as he tried to defend sister. But the sister made it worse. 

3) Sad ending but MC will meet FMC in another county or she and daughter will wait for his freedom from prison. 

4) My other suggestion is that the Father was in a relationship with the daughter. He child grooming the sister and eventually it became INCEST. The father also made his daughter as an item for another accomplice. MY MONEY IS ON INCEST!!! MADE THAT A TWIST

My answer is up top

Interesting on incest theory but I don't think Korean drama is ready for that...it's too much for propriety. you know how strict they are on these matters...it'll b too much to handle.

2 hours ago, Kdramakor said:

Kamsahamnida

Watch it weekly so you can brainstorm with us and guess theories...it's already been 6 episodes and we are all still guessing so you can still catch up:eats2:

• Like 8
  • Love 1