[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

34 minutes ago, smartiegal said:

It's game over for BHS once the taxi driver says DHS's name in front of Cha Ji Won's face... 

I did not expect we're getting the first scene of episode 1 that quick again in episode 5!

Looking forward for next week!

Anyway I wonder if we're getting the OST on Spotify...

I think  it can't be that easy for revealing true identity of BHS, don't forget about support system of DHS from Baek family. The Mom is the one who seems caring to DHS, She is too concerned to his life and against BHS's marriage. Baek family will help BHS to cover DHS's true identity, except the real BHS wake up from his unconsious.  Maybe the statement of taxy driver who say that BHS is DHS will be considered absurd, since we know the good reputation of Baek's family. 

Yes, I don't expect if JW will say she will do better to him than before, it means because she found out that his husband be victim of her work as detective, I think she will feel more protective to him and maybe she will decide to quit the investigation of DHS's case for the sake of her family.

Edited by Lilian Ramadhani Putri
  • Like 12

10 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

Happy news

Ep. 4 got the highest ratings so far for both Nationwide and Seoul metro area

Nationwide 3.735 

Seoul 4.357 

It deserves more tbh. This is the best airing drama imo.

• Like 15
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

I think misunderstood good guy is a generous title to be given after just watching the fourth episode.

Hes still with her because of his only selfish reasons he has, like a true APD or a person with psychopathy.

Him throwing away the doll and almost hurting and fighting Ji Won are also 

signs of APD.

i don’t think he’s lying when he said he will kill him if he reveals the truth to Ji won. I think he doesn’t mind hurting her a little if it meant keeping on an appearance.

He has experience holding people hostage.

Like with  nam Soong Gils wife, he can easily fake emotions and put on an appearance..

maybe the cringey  lines is just him showing Ji won what she wants to see.

I think he is better than what many of us originally imagined he'd be. I do agree he isn't a nice guy either, his desire to keep his family despite everything is selfish, but there is more to it than just him needing JW to keep his father away. That early days scene when he was standing like a fool in the rain just looking at her smiling, he seemed fascinated and transfixed, plenty of emotions on the face of a person that isn't supposed to feel any. 

• Like 14

I like the show making it quite clear that his condition -  ADP - doesn’t meant he doesn’t have any emotions or can’t emote feelings. It’s more about how internally he has difficulties to process them and respond according to social norms (or like regular people). LJK is doing great in his role so far. I can feel his internal confusions and conflicts. 

• Like 12

This drama is so fun to watch. It's thrilling and makes you anticipate things. What you think right now will change when the scene changes. The storytelling and the movement of the plot are very good. You feel the tension, you go on a chase with the actors, breathe a sigh of relief, but then you're in for another suspenseful scene when you haven't fully filled your lungs with air. Yet you don't get exhausted.

Do MIn Seok is already dead, right? So what Hee Sung is seeing is just a product of his imagination.

I wonder how many layers Hee Sung's character has. We already know that he's a victim of bullying and guilty by association. Many people wove urban legends about him, and others believe that he's the culprit because they want to hide their own guilt, while others continue to throw unfounded rumors about him because they did Hyun Su wrong when they were younger, just like that Chinese chef who stole Hyung Su's entire savings and tried to kill him.

We don't know yet why he killed the foreman in his hometown. We have to unravel his association with the Baeks and how/why they ended up posing as a family. Is he a psychopath or a sociopath. At the same time, a different side of Ji Won surfaces from time to time. She was scary when she was talking in the bathroom with that social worker who killed the senior citizen because she had to climb several flights of stairs every time she visits.

What will happen when the real Baek Hee Sung wakes up from his coma?

• Like 10
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

It deserves more tbh. This is the best airing drama imo.

Yes. If only this drama isn't air at 11 pm (or get to air at the same time slot but on weekends).. for sure it will get higher ratings.

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Hyun Soo got kicked around a lot during the struggle at the shack when Ji Won cornered him. She packs a punch LoL. 

According to JG, CW is strong.. her punch is painful :joy:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

Wait a minute. Ji Won is the same age as Do Hyun Su's noona. I assume the Reporter was DHS's classmate. JW found out that she's actually older than the reporter. So that means she's a noona to DHS lol. At their first meeting she was surprised when she saw his ID coz he looked young. Well he was using his BHS's ID. Just found it funny that she calls him oppa before when she's actually older than him. If her husband and the reporter used to be friends from the same town, won't that mean that her husband might know DHS too? She's so close to the truth.

• Like 11

@mulberry9

I believe it LoL! 

In that interview they did, I love how mischievous Jun Ki was ha-ha! He looked like he was bullied by Chae Won in a image still. Remember the scene where Ji Won disagrees with Hyun Soo over the way he handled lil Eun Ha's incident? Jun Ki's just so different off camera. I like his answer how married  couples could still kiss passionately ahahah! 'Cause a fan claims no married couple makeout like Hyun Soo/Ji Won eheheheh.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

After watching the last episode with subs, I'm so desperate for Jiwon to find out about him being Hyunsoo, but looks like won't be this time. She will be worried about his life and won't even think about his random connections with the case.

Why would he be kidnapped by the Taxi driver? Why would his watch be in the warehouse? I'm sure her mind will find a good reasoning for everything, because she is running away from the truth all the time. She already "took the pill", from episode 1.

But I want her to find out soon, and see them working things out. For her to understand him and the things he went through all his life, and Hyunsoo to finally understand his love and care for their family as a true genuine feeling, and not just him needing Jiwon by his side to scare away his father. Would be much more appealing than just waiting and waiting for weeks and episodes, the angst would be *chef kiss*!!

And after all the broken heart moments, she can finally help him to clean his name.

Yes? Please? 

Just imagining a scene where Hyunsoo finally realizes his true feelings for the girl who saved and was by his side all these years,,,, The feels!!! I need it. Now.

• Like 11

Rather than DHS I think his sister was involved in those murders with her father. He was blamed by the villagers because of his antisocial personality and his sister might have just kept quiet or even pushed him to accept those crimes as his own. Maybe that's why his sister seemed sad when she was talking with Jiwon about her brother.  It could be possible that DMS is actually innocent and was framed. 

There's too many clues that Jiwon might not be as nice as everyone thinks her to be. BHS's mother's dialogue that Jiwon is two-faced. Jiwon herself saying that she has lots of secrets and on Epi 3 when all the police officers were watching the CCTV footage, even the older experienced police officers turned away when the taxi driver cut victim's ankle but Jiwon was the only one who didn't even flinch and kept watching. There also should be a reason why Jiwon is the only one who can make DHS's father's spirit (?) disappear. Seems like Do family, Beak family and Jiwon are connected with each other somehow.

• Like 13
  • Insightful 2

I hold the view one shouldn’t jump to conclusions quickly,especially about a complex character like Hee Sung. 
You should not let your bias for one character influence your judgment for another character. 
A lot of people are already speculating that he’s innocent and that his sister is the real murderer. Serious speculation for a character you barely met.

I’m just saying don’t completely rule out the possibility yet and don’t label him as a “innocent good guy” too quickly.

Think about it,if that’s the case the drama can’t deliver the suspense it promised.

Besides Hee Sung’s seems to be too smart and calculating to be “innocent”. He plans and executes meticulously.

somehow I just can’t picture him as the guy who doesn’t know his own mind and feelings. I think he knows who he is and how he feels more than anyone else.

• Like 17

Whew ~~ finally finished all 4 eps :getmygrooveon:. Real life has been catching up that dramas have been put aside. Girl's been working hard for a while for the economy first, my economy... HAHA.

First off, my apologies in advance if what I'll be writing down may seem quite redundant for some, haven't been able to backread yet... and that's a lot of pages to go back XD... I wanna express my thoughts first before I forget them :) 

Man, the episode just keeps getting better and better that I feel like everything's happening way too fast but at the same time too many more revelations needed to happen.  I really love all the characters, from the main to the supporting ones. I really find them all interesting, even Moo Jin's lady boss/supervisor and also HS's "mom". I was surprised to know that she somehow cares for him even though he is not her real son when she apologized and asked if the slap hurts and then asked him to drop by their house once in a while for a meal. Every character is not one-dimensional.

I am loving Moo Jin and Hee Sung's dynamic... so fun to watch... haha... I was laughing too much during their scenes and every time Moo Jin tries to outwit Hee Sung but to no avail. And this drama doesn't even have a comedy tag so that's a plus ~

Favorite scene so far is the CHASING and HS-JW's "FIGHT" scenes, that was just so intense.... and then when Hee Sung saved Ji Won from those falling objects... wooooffff... swoon.. :fullofhearts:. I think this is why Ep. 4 got the highest rating so far. I'm convinced HS loves Ji Won and Eun Ha but may not realize it yet... it's definitely there way, way, deep down. I'm still curious about HS's reaction when JW first confessed to him. I mean, I don't even know what convinced him to actually go out with her and actually end up marrying her and even having a child with her if he doesn't have any feelings for her. And I don't buy that because-my-father-can't-get-near-me-when-she's-by-my-side excuse of his -_-. I love how they are giving us bits by bits about HS and JW's past in every beginning of the episode.

TOP things I am curious as of now:

= Is Do Min Seok really still alive? And was he actually physically present during those times that Hyun Su sees him when he was fighting Nam Soon Kil and when he was together with Ji Won and then suddenly sees him? And did I mention how creepy his father's eyes were? That black contacts tho.

= Did Hee Sung really kill the village foreman as he says? Why is he so firm about it?

= I think Hee Sung's so-called parents were the ones who's in that car who ran into him in the past. Since they were doctors, that might have been a damaging reputation to them so they took him in and made him pretend as their son. Though still wonder what happened to the real Hee Sung and why he's in a coma.

= Ji Won's complicated past. I would love to know what she meant by that. It would be really nice to know that she may have been hiding a dark secret as well just like HS. Match made for each other then if that is the case. Still can't forget that confrontation she had with that social worker and the slaps and the way she threatened her. I was like, man, I'm glad she ain't a pushover but that look on her face resembles Hee Sung in some way.

EUN-HA needs to be protected... just look at this cute nugget ... I love that she's Hee Sung's wallpaper :yaaa:

eun-ha.jpg 

P.S. Idk but that sleeping profile of the real Hee Sung really reminded me of JB of GOT7 because of the long hair and eyes ... LOL..

And I hope TVN changes the time slot for this one to an earlier one... I think the rating would even be better if this is not airing too late at night.

• Like 12

Back reading - wow so many plausible theories. 

What I like to add though is sister Do Hae Soo. Her first appearance in the drama at the filming site, doing the dead body’s make up. When the director asked for “more fresh look” , her response was “have you ever seen a real dead body..” What did these lines imply? Was she there when all the murders  happened ...was she her farher’s accomplice ? 

cant wait for next week!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1