• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Admin

[Current Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃 - Wed & Thurs @ 22:50 KST

FOE Poll 6: Tying up the loose ends  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Will we get a happy or a sad drama ending?

• Happy - Do Hyun Su, Cha Ji Won and Eun Ha will live happily ever after
    • Sad - Do Hyun Su will continue to suffer due to his past
  2. 2. If Do Hae Su survives, will she rekindle her romance with Kim Moo Jin?

• Yes, they will finally get to be together
    • No, they will part ways
  3. 3. Kim Ji Hoon plays a hot serial killer

• Oh yeah, he is sizzling hot. Wish he had shown his abs too!
    • No way, the dude gives me the creeps!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/23/2020 at 10:00 AM

The mystery brewing around BHS is intense. So there are some serial kills in the past that were done by his father and he was an accomplice (that is still under speculation), that is why he ran away and assumed the identity of BHS. It is even unclear if he was the one that killed the village foreman or just left him to die. It is obvious he doesn't feel remorse over these deaths, but I don't think he is the main killer. Somehow I am still doubting whether the person who killed NSK is BHS. Just cause of the same rain coat, I don't think it is the same person. I do think BHS doesn't want people on his trail as he doesn't want to give up the life he has built, so he is making sure he follows-up with all the people who gave that reporter a tip. 

• Like 16

I think he cares for his daughter in his own way. In his mind, being nice provides you with leverage and safety. One he wants his daughter to have.

He steals and throws away the barbie doll, so that he could feel like he won and teach his daughter that being nice is the way, and that rude people suffer.

But wow, twisted parenting.

Psycopaths don't follow societal rules, they only understand theirs and are quick to impulse.

He lets his daughter go to his grandma so she doesn't see what he's upto.

Maybe he's protecting his secret, maybe he doesn't want to be his father.

His lockscreen is Eunha too.

But then he does seem to have his hold over her, making sure she's on his side.

Some might say, manipulating her....

But I'm not sure if he fakes his emotions around her.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

Ep 1 rating: 3.4%

Ep 2 rating: 2.9% 

Sigh. So many complaints by Knetz about the time slot. It's too late that it is affecting the ratings. Most people couldn't stay that late on weekdays. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

54 minutes ago, mulberry9 said:

Sigh. So many complaints by Knetz about the time slot. It's too late that it is affecting the ratings. Most people couldn't stay that late on weekdays. 

Disappointed to see such rating for this great drama but trying to be positive anyway and hope the storyline and plot twist could beat all this.

By seeing 2 episodes, I feel all the creepy feelings and my expectations abt who HS was, has been totally changed. Eventho he is a psychopath, I hope the love to his wife and child is actually genuine. Totally sad :(. Now, I do think, he switch his identity with the original BHS, and the original BHS is actually an evil.

Note: Watching the kakaotalk live and BTS makes me happy seeing the chemistry between MCW and LJG HEHE

• Like 13
  • Love 1

I'm definitely enjoying this show more after the 2nd episode. There's a lot that the writer is doing with parallels regarding people being two-faced. The social worker in episode 2 and even Ji Won when she was confronting the social worker. It's very interesting.

I don't think Hee Sung/Hyun So is a serial killer - I think his father was and he was painted as a serial killer's son. I think he did kill the foreman because he assaulted his sister. But no one is going to believe the murderer's kids so he went on the run. 

I think this show is going to focus on Ji Won thinking her husband is a killer but he will be shown not to be in the end. 

While I believe he's a psychopath, I also think he does care about his wife and daughter. I think his learning emotions is not just to blend in, but to feel a sense of belonging with them. He was ostracized and bullied when he was younger so he really wants to fit in.

I had to laugh again at some of the things in this episode. He keeps the key to his murder basement in a jar on the bookshelf? The guy who lived with him for 3 years doesn't recognize his voice? Too funny!

• Like 18
  • Insightful 1

The way Hee Song studied people's facial expressions reminded me of Jang Ki Yong's character from Born Again. I will reserve judgment after completing drama for now. My biased gut tells me Hee Song is innocent. The village foreman could've attempted to sexually assault the girl, hence he killed him in self defense (I hope LoL!)

It's interesting how Hee Song's mom mentioned the lady has depression when she appears so carefree. Goes to show we only see what we want to see, and not all is what it seem..

I feel bad for darling lil Eun Ha but when you have a hot dad like Hee Song ya got nothin' to worry 'bout I guess ha-ha. Jun Ki's real creepy yo. The way he goes 'bout seeking retribution is similar to Park Hae Jin in Cheese in the Trap. Love his chemistry with the child actor that plays his daughter, I just want to pinch her cheeks! He and Moon Chae Won are cute too~    

• Like 17

I haven’t had a chance to watch episode 2 yet. But I have followed all your posts.

A crazy idea flashed through my mind while watching the short videos- could the mysterious  Person in the raincoat is  the real “Baek Hee Sung” and he is the serial killer....

• Like 9

Cha Ji-won, isnt that the name of the male lead in 'Goodbye Mr Black', which MCW also starred in ?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

Person in the raincoat is  the real “Baek Hee Sung” and he is the serial killer....

Thanks. You spoke my mind, I have a feeling of that too. Don’t think FOE will be that simple, I think it’s more than that. One, if it’s Do Hyun Su, then he wouldn’t have collect the paper article of the murder and stab the paper with the knife. Two, His hatred and anger kind of showed me that it’s not Do Hyun Su.

I know people are saying what he did regarding the doll is cruel, but on drama wise, I actually on some level am entertained by it:sweatingbullets: because of the other mother and her spoil kid....ha...

• Like 9

7 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

Since before the drama airing, knetz had been complaining about the timeslot, but tvN decided not to change it even though they could LOL I mentioned this before here. They should've changed their Wed/Thur slot back to 9pm, since their thursday 9pm slot is empty, since Hospital Playlist ended.

Also, Wednesday/Thursday nights is when they air two super popular Trot/singing shows from TVChosun, that have crazy high ratings (yesterday, one of them got 20.8% ratings), that's why every drama in this day of the week is struggling... If you look naverTV after the drama ends, all you can see is trot performances! And Flower of Evil airs exaaaactly in their airtime (they go from 10pm~12:30)

• Like 8
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, hazelyeot said:

Since before the drama airing, knetz had been complaining about the timeslot, but tvN decided not to change it even though they could LOL I mentioned this before here. They should've changed their Wed/Thur slot back to 9pm, since their thursday 9pm slot is empty, since Hospital Playlist ended.

Also, Wednesday/Thursday nights is when they air two super popular Trot/singing shows from TVChosun, that have crazy high ratings (yesterday, one of them got 20.8% ratings), that's why every drama in this day of the week is struggling... If you look naverTV after the drama ends, all you can see is trot performances! And Flower of Evil air exaaaactly in their airtime (they go from 10pm~12:30)

How I wish ratings can be higher for such an exciting drama!!  Its early days yet, praying  it will pick up , especially for LJG and MCW's sake, its their came back drama. FOE fighting!

The late night time slot could be because of the dark theme ...

Everyone in my household is out and I can have a quiet date with Episode 2 tonight. A happy weekend to all!:heartxoxo:

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

How I wish ratings can be higher for such an exciting drama!!  Its early days yet, praying  it will pick up , especially for LJG and MCW's sake, its their came back drama. FOE fighting!

The late night time slot could be because of the dark theme ...

Everyone in my household is out and I can have a quiet date with Episode 2 tonight. A happy weekend to all!

The drama is good, so whatever the ratings are... We still get a great story. 

It could be because of the dark theme of the drama,

But knetizens unfortunately are still complaining...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

No idea what's in tvN's mind to air the drama that late when people had been complaining about it. This morning.. saw many were complaining on naver too. I'm not sure that it is possible for them to change the time slot now. It would be a miracle if they decided to do something about the time slot. I personally think we should keep asking them

The Trot show is still trending on naver now *sigh*. Hopefully the cast and crew won't get too disappointed with last night rating. 

I'm quite sure it's all due to the bad air time. Even up till now, FOE is still trending on 6th place. So there's def a high interest for the drama. 

• Like 11

10 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

Regardless rating, I like ep 2 better than ep 1. Specially when BHS throw away that doll to trash can. He secretly defended his daughter. Love dad and daughter relationship :sparklyeyes:

• Like 10

Just finished the first episode and WOW!  It’s just what I was expected. Someone with a dark past and mentally ill pretending to be this angellike husband ….. LOVE IT! 
 I haven’t watched the second but from all I have read here it seems that BHS is darker than I thought.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Cha Ji-won, isnt that the name of the male lead in 'Goodbye Mr Black', which MCW also starred in ?

@Prettysup Aha yeah, such a coincidence, 

Cha Ji Won is the ML

Swan/Baek Eun Young is MCW 

in good bye Mr Black! haha

They are literally from Cha and Baek family

• Like 6

The whole time I was feeling bad for BHS because of that school bullying and how his co-worker tried to kill him for money. He didn't even do anything to them but still they troubled him and wronged him and thought it is okay just because his dad is a criminal. But then the last scene happened. Still I don't want to believe that he is the killer just because of the raincoat that will be too.....easy :mellow: It's not his fault that his father is a serial killer or he is unable to feel emotions. Yes he is twisted but until now they haven't shown any no solid evidence that he is evil.

That scene when he was learning to smile was creepy. Those basement scenes were supposed to be scary but I found myself laughing. How KMJ was trembling with fear and BHS was just playing with him esp that "CJW is a police officer" and "I don't want to know" :lol:

I am loving the cute scenes of Eunha and her dad. They are so cute together. I sincerely hope that he genuinely loves(if it is possible for him) and cares for her. 

• Like 15

Finished watching  Episode  2  on Viki with 70% subbed . Lots of conversation missing :huh:but wow it’s getting better and better with no dull moments.

Spoiler

To me what daddy BHS said to his daughter after the incident at school- something about creating a good image , you can get away with doing bad things , but with a bad image even if you haven’t done anything, you become a suspect... hmmm  , worth pondering about...

5 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

The drama is good, so whatever the ratings are... We still get a great story. 

@hazelyeot, I don’t care about the ratings either - as long as the drama is good and worth my time I will watch it.

And anything with LJG in it I will watch:rolleyes:

However, I think all actors would like their work to have good ratings not only as a reward to their hard work but with it comes more opportunities as well, this is why I hope and pray ratings will go up in future episodes. Flower of Evil fighting!

• Like 10

I loled when he stole the doll that was funny. It's just a baseless thought crossed my mind but what if the sister was the killer with rain coat?! The killer was so skinny so it's either LJG or a woman or an actor we don't know yet. And BHS is trying to cover up for her as she assisted her father. Or it could be him and they're trying to give the fangirls a hope by not making it clear just to crush them later lol.

Most of dramas lately flopping. Kdrama is going through a slump?!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Seonhoyaa said:

I loled when he stole the doll that was funny. It's just a baseless thought crossed my mind but what if the sister was the killer with rain coat?! The killer was so skinny so it's either LJG or a woman or an actor we don't know yet. And BHS is trying to cover up for her as she assisted her father. Or it could be him and they're trying to give the fangirls a hope by not making it clear just to crush them later lol.

Most of dramas lately flopping. Kdrama is going through a slump?!

might be the sister id say or the dad... i dont know if i can wait for another week aaaaaaaa

https://www.streethuntcafe.com/forum/the-flower-of-evil/theories-1

• Like 10