[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

i miss them already,..i really cannot move on to the powerful couple.lee joon gi and moon chae won are the really the best paired of all ,.every time i watch them on and off come they always eye contact,..their chemistry are overflowing ,both gorgeous and best in acting performance,..watching flower of evil never get tired or bored it give me feel excited and feeling inloved watching them,..flower of evil is the best unique and full of mistery with sense,...its called masterpiece because its have all in details ,...they deserved to recieved more awards ,popularity and success for the cast and for the drama,...

iam hoping they also had interviews again more and also more guesting...iam obsess watching them,...

also iam happy that they recieved lots of positive reviews of the story,character and so on, and its always on the list of buzzworthy and trending all sites,..they make all the cast ,crew,director,writer feel relieved and overwhelm because people shower them with lots of love and positive from the drama....

hope there is also photoshoot together for the couple lee joon gi and moon chae won,...i want them

i love flower of evil my only drama i watch only ,..also the powerful couple who make the story alive and real,...deserved to be the best,.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: inloved

• Like 15

The new drama "The Flower of Evil" was launched, and the Douban score was as high as 9.1

Cheng Cheng Television 2020-08-03 21:22:33

Recently, a Korean drama called "The Flower of Evil" was aired. The drama was produced by South Korean tvN TV, starring Lee Jun Ki and Moon Chae Won. As soon as the broadcast started on July 29th, it attracted a large number of viewers, and the audience even said that the plot was too exciting to watch.

073445db0f868ef4dcb0ac980a58dec4.jpg

From the title of "The Flower of Evil", it can be seen that the play is a crime-themed drama. The male protagonist Lee Jun-ki plays a murderer who has escaped for many years, and the female protagonist Moon Chae-won plays a criminal police officer of the crime squad. Behind the seemingly loving couple is a cloud of fog.

This new drama, like other Korean dramas, has 16 episodes in short, but the rhythm of each episode is very catchy. After the first episode was broadcast, it scored 9 points on the Doubanshu video list. . In the second episode, the number of evaluations rose even more, the score rose to 9.1 points, and the friends who chased the drama wrote long reviews with full sincerity.

5103f4fdfd320fc26bc5a9e522d2e542.jpg

Since the drama is a suspense theme, the plot is composed of individual cases, and the cases are also inextricably linked, and they are also mixed with the secrets behind the male and female protagonists. The process of solving these cases and the truth behind the cases are also the audience. I want to be impatient.

The first case in the first episode was a child who was pushed down the stairs and fell seriously injured. The police found that the child’s mother was staggering and the father seemed to be hiding a secret. But the child was shocked when the child pointed out that his father wanted to kill him. , The final ending is also very interesting, the truth is unexpected, in order not to spoiler, let me leave a suspense.

b04a595083a5a354756f91391182376b.jpg

In the second episode, an old man was killed. The old man who was supposed to live in his old age died unexpectedly at home. The police at first thought it was similar to a serial murder case many years ago. However, during the investigation of the case, it was discovered that it was actually an imitated murder case. The same is full of suspense.

77e374dbb3fbf60c75cbeb5045da2214.jpg

In addition to the new cases that appear in each episode of "The Flower of Evil", the audience most want to know is whether the hero is the heinous murderer. According to the reminiscences of the plot, it is very likely that the hero was the hero n years ago. Killing the chieftain with a knife in hand, there have been many occasions in the play that the male protagonist was wearing a similar raincoat on the night of the crime, and he held a small knife in his hand.

However, according to the previous routines of Korean dramas, the real murderer is likely to be someone else. Although he is wearing the same clothes as the night video that was tracked by the police, the director does not seem to want the audience to guess at the beginning, just blurring the murderer’s face.

2a5423b7618beb368b6c9474c0a82121.jpg

The male protagonist has been hiding his name in order to escape over the years, even changed his name to another person, married a wife as a criminal policeman, and has a lovely daughter, but the current peaceful life seems to be broken, and he wanted to find out the truth. The reporter approached the door, and his wife began to doubt his identity...

In short, this "Flower of Evil" as Douban's new high-scoring Korean drama is worth chasing, and those who like suspense detectives must not miss it!

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 5

9 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

During Jiwon's phone call with her mother in-law, HS's mother said that Jiwon trapped Hee Sung into marriage by getting pregnant but they have been married for 14 years and Eunha doesn't look that old in any way. So they had a kid before or what? 

I am curious too. Taking Eunha is just 6 years old and they have been married abt 14 years. Possible to have another child

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

During Jiwon's phone call with her mother in-law, HS's mother said that Jiwon trapped Hee Sung into marriage by getting pregnant but they have been married for 14 years and Eunha doesn't look that old in any way. So they had a kid before or what? 

Perhaps they have been together for 14 years and married only a few years ago?

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@jazz85

Isn't Douban a Chinese ratings website for dramas? I heard they're pretty critical when it comes to rating dramas. So this is good, right? :D

Yes. The site has more than 200 millions registered users. It's an important ratings website for dramas/movies/albums etc that people usually see as barometer. It's quite realiable when it comes to the high scores for the quality dramas. For most of C-dramas.. it isn't easy to get 8+. 7+ already considered good. Not sure about Kdramas but I think it's not much different

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

m loving Moon Chaewon's voice. She is so soft spoken completely different from her detective character. 

MCW is great in the drama with a very lively voice  in contrary to her often monotone ...

especially like the part in the BTS when she practised the lines of the scene breaking  off the kiss to pick up the daughter and get ready for dinner. And JG’s rapping was daebak,:hooray2:

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@mulberry9-chingu, thanks for the reply! That's what I thought. :D I remember people talking about Douban and how difficult it is to receive a good rating from there.

Yes. It isn't easy to get 7+ even when the actors have huge fandoms. So I was surprised to see a very high score for FOE. Not that I'm complaining :P . It's really good.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

47 minutes ago, mulberry9 said:

Yes. It isn't easy to get 7+ even when the actors have huge fandoms. So I was surprised to see a very high score for FOE. Not that I'm complaining :P . It's really good.

Douban is no doubt a very reliable site. It's good to see high ratings but the ratings often falls after few episodes. It's difficult to maintain it. If only this was on Netflix then it would have gotten more exposure and popularity. As far as I know Lee Joongi is really popular in China so not much surprised :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Maybe she meant Ji Won tied him into the marriage by having a baby. Like to prevent him from walking out and not shotgun marriage. 

Edited by MinLyn
A gentle reminder not to quote reaction gifs in your posts. Thanks.
  • Like 10

I've done watching a few days ago but never got the chance to write my first impression to this yet. don't know what to write cuz I have wrote most my comments somewhere else. And I already forgot what to write more here, haha. But one thing for sure the story is legit and it enriched with lots of layered conflicts and characters. I really like the prologue in ep 1 which shows how the future gonna be look like for them soon. or it could be how they actually first meeting after each other revealing their mask.

On 8/3/2020 at 3:12 PM, partyon said:

Not convinced that BHS/DHS is the real serial killer. I still think it's early in the show, and the whole dynamic between his "adopted" parents, his real father and sister haven't been revealed to us yet. I think we are going to be surprised to find out more about his background. I also think from the doll scene that he has always been perceived by others as evil and that he has suffered from that.

it what makes me attracted to this more, what you see isn't everything until it really comes clear. 

On 8/3/2020 at 3:12 PM, partyon said:

BHS acted with a psychopath's mind and he did not take into consideration his child's feelings. It was manipulative, calculative and throwing away the doll as a revenge was cruel. Yikes! What kind of values is he teaching his child?

LOL. moral value how to do bad things but nothing can harm your public image to his daughter. I know it is wrong on so many levels. But the other parent of the kid is also at fault. I just wonder if they cast another actor aside from LJK, will I still like him being this psychopath? hahaha. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

BHS acted with a psychopath's mind and he did not take into consideration his child's feelings. It was manipulative, calculative and throwing away the doll as a revenge was cruel. Yikes! What kind of values is he teaching his child?

But i think he didn't tell her about stealing the doll. It's more like he made her believe the other girl was hit by karma. I don't think he teached her any valuable lesson as if she kept apologizing to people who wronged her. No one really gonna bring her justice coz of her good image. It's just that BHS seemed to have developed a complex as people kept thinking the worst about him due to his father's crime and his mental illness.

• Like 13

hi!:) i have some questions... would it be okay to ask here? :) thank you!  need some clarifications.

1. joongi was the first one casted here right? so , the director gave him the script to look and study? or the namoo chose joongi to try the role ( sorry i dont know how casting do ):) 

2. how chaewon was casted? is it by joongi request or chaewon is already the main lead ? 

* got confused of what joongi said that she asked chaewon if he will get the role or not. :)

thank you !

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@scarletcryz 

Hi!! Don't know if this will answer your question, but the drama had been in production maybe even before October 2019, even so, both Joongi and Chaewon were already casted as main leads, and were the only confirmed cast. I'm not exactly sure how the casting worked this time, as they were both announced as leads at the same time when they had already confirmed for the role, back in January of this year.

The only particular information I have is that both of them had already worked with this production company before, Monster Union (a KBS based drama production company, that is starting to invest in more dramas targeted to other broadcasting channels. Chaewon worked back in 2011 with Princess' Man and Joongi with Gunman in Joseon), so maybe that's the connection they had to receive the script together, as a possibility of a casting director for the company to look for actors they had worked before. Not to mention they are from the same company, worked together before, etc.. But that's just my guess... 

1 hour ago, scarletcryz said:

* got confused of what joongi said that she asked chaewon if he will get the role or not. :)

I think what he meant by that is if he could handle the role, he wasn't feeling too confident (pffft, boi you're doing amazing), so he asked her if he could do it well. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

The first part of Kakao Live interview with the cast

29 minutes ago, hazelyeot said:

Monster Union (a KBS based drama production company, that is starting to invest in more dramas targeted to other broadcasting channels. Chaewon worked back in 2011 with Princess' Man and Joongi with Gunman in Joseon), so maybe that's the connection they had to receive the script together, as a possibility of a casting director for the company to look for actors they had worked before. Not to mention they are from the same company, worked together before, etc.. But that's just my guess... 

Off topic

Yes. Both dramas were by the same team and also the same PD (Kim Jung Min). It's a pity that we don't see these two work in a sageuk..esp from this very production company that produced The Princess' Man.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

Yes. Both dramas were by the same team and also the same PD (Kim Jung Min). It's a pity that we don't see these two work in a sageuk..esp from this very production company that produced The Princess' Man.

I remember when they announced Flower of Evil and I saw so many knetizens saying they thought this was a historical piece, because of the cast and the name LOL Now I can only imagine how* great they would look in hanbok together :tears:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

I remember when they announced Flower of Evil and I saw so many knetizens saying they thought this was a historical piece, because of the cast and the name LOL Now I can only imagine who great they would look in hanbok together :tears:

They would've rocked a Sageuk together. Oh how i wish they'd meet again in one. But i guess that's needs lots of luck:(

• Like 4
  • Sad 3