[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

2 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Sharing this theory i read about Ji Won, and i remember Moon Chae Won witheld her character description during the kakao live chat:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess the writer/director has an intention with these two convo in one episode presented differently but with similar mood

Having the same thoughts too! What if they ended up of being a small psychotic family. The father (HS), mother (JW) and developing a psycho angel (Eunha). JW smile after she slap the killer is creepy tho.   

Edited by LyraYoo
Quoted image
  • Like 10
  • Shocked 3
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Catching up on all your great theories!!!

and very happy of the positive feedbacks from viewers - it is indeed a great and unique drama!

let’s not forget Kim Ji-hoon , he hasn’t appeared yet.  His role in the drama has been kept quite secretive ... could he be the real killer!?! We just have to wait and see...

This is what I'm also thinking. You speak my sentiments precisely. :)After the second episode, with all the clues laid out through their dialogue and some scenes, I am more certain that Heesung is being accused wrongly about the killings with her father as the suspect. Regarding the issue withe the foreman, I have this prediction that he really killed him but with a justifiable reason. I thought of Kim Ji Hoon's character as the killer since they have been furtive about it. So far,  I believe that Flower of Evil is a story abourt salvation. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, chrissydiva said:

@Lmangla Though on the show he is using a fake identity (Hyun Soo is supposed to be the same age as the reporter who is a year younger than Ji Won) Lee Joon Gi is actually 39 in Korean age so it still fits

lee jun ki is 39?! whaaaaaaat..... that's some amazing skin. he looks much younger! too bad metal man is a psychopath disturbed background -- otherwise, they could do some nice skin care PPL right? hahaha...  but would metal man do skin care? :lol:

11 hours ago, pixelsticks said:
14 hours ago, Lmangla said:

watching ep 1 and the first scene -- yaaaa, lee jun ki has some really nice feet. pedicure? hahahaha... and woah, that was some kiss! okay... back to watching. will comment later. :lol:

HAHAH...you should have been part of the LJG thread during CM and LL.  We had many LJG feet aficionados what with his newfound hobby of jiu-jitsu and many IG posts. 

hahahha... more than feet, am a fan of pedicure LOL. I immediately thought the man must have gotten a pedicure, no cracked skin, all nails look great. who says men can't also do nice pedicures right? :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Sharing this theory i read about Ji Won, and i remember Moon Chae Won witheld her character

@LyraYoo hmm , I think that theory is onto something...

“the woman that even loves danger...”  that line in promo  perhaps is insinuating Jin Won knows something...

there are different layers to all the characters , nothing is black or white, and the acting is superb!

And silly me is thinking how is MooJin going to toilet? ok, JG did say not to be too serious, I will leave that thought.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

I agree with this. She shoulda known in that 14 years that something wasn't right or doesn't fit. Women's intuition...

My guess: the hooded man is the real copycat serial killer. Baek Hee Sung would be suspected or framed and would be kidnapped by the copycat serial killer (the underwater scene). But then Cha Ji Won would solve who the real copycat killer is and save Baek Hee Sung.  Lol 

Honestly, I don't think Ji-won is completely clueless about Hee Sung. She's very smart and attentive. She could also easily deduce the cases she handled. 

In episode 1, she talked about taking pills and that woman being clueless or covering it up. What if she was saying those coz' that was exactly she was doing? Covering up her husband in order to protect her family. After episode 2 when she beaten that social worker,I don't see her as someone innocent anymore.

• Like 14

I definitely don't believe Jiwon is the sweet good wife she pretends to be to Heesung and her family. She knows something, she might have an idea Heesung isn't all that perfect too.

The way she is completely different inside a crime scenes/at work is so fascinating and different from her wife persona. She becomes a different person.

She seems dedicate to her family, but the first chance she had to get out of a family dinner (when she was so eager to impress her in-laws), she just ran away and left it all behind. She knows nothing about her daughter, isn't close to her. But she is all for her work and crime. There is not much balance on her. 

She was described as someone how "put her guards down" in front of Heesung, but I actually believe she is putting a big show to him. 

Both of them are lying in their own way.

9 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

let’s not forget Kim Ji-hoon , he hasn’t appeared yet.  His role in the drama has been kept quite secretive ... could he be the real killer!?! We just have to wait and see... 

Spoiler

20200802-064749.jpg

I grew even more suspicious when he posted a photo with a blond wig (Young Heesung!!!), and "#working" LOL But I don't know why he is dressed like a weird 80s guy..

Edit: On Instagram Kim Jihoon said he will show up on episode 3! Hmmmm

• Like 15
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, smartiegal said:

I am all in if Moon Chae Won is actually portraying a psycho as well.

wow that would really be Unexpected!!!i thought about that after i watched the scene again with subtitles...what if she hides something too?imagine ?we 'll have to watch the drama until the end

• Like 8

Kim Jihoon is so skinny too he can pass as rain coat killer. He could be the real BHS hence the blond hair of Hyuon soo was to imitate him as he didn't have this hair when he was attacked by his old friend. I don't know if Ji Won's has more to her but she definitely isn't a psychopath.

47 minutes ago, jazz85 said:

hoping lee joon gi and moon chae won win more awards for best couple,best kissing scene ,best actor and best actress,..this year also best melodrama flower of evil and best director

There's a best kiss award :surprisedwut:

• Like 9
  • LOL 4

Hello !

I finally caught up with the first episodes. I had a hard time getting myself to watch them as @kokodus  @Lmangla and @Jillia can attest to. :D Thanks chingus for your encouragement! :kiss_wink:

So, wow! It was darker than expected. I thought the director said that it's a melodrama that has components of suspense/thriller, but I would argue that it's the other way around.

I haven't read your comments deliberately, as I wanted to form my own opinions and thoughts, but will go back and read them soon.

My thoughts in a nutshell:

1) BHS is a psychopath. This is no alexithymia as you can totally tell that he is happy when he feels superior and in control. This was so apparent when he had tied up the reporter and thrown him into the basement. That's when his real emotions of joy come out, not the rehearsed ones.

Psychopaths can be very protective and may be able to feel some sort of love, and I noticed that he seems to have those feelings towards his daughter.

2) Cha Ji Won isn't an innocent little lamb. The way she treated that lady murderer and her quick facial changes.... It gave me the chills. Is she a psychopath too? 

I also don't believe that she's so ignorant that she wouldn't be able to tell for 14 years that something fishy is going on - she's an evidence based cop - don't tell me that there were no warning signs that something's up with your hubby? lol

3) Keep showing us more skinship and kisses dear drama director.  Why can't all dramas be like this? :D

4) Not convinced that BHS/DHS is the real serial killer. I still think it's early in the show, and the whole dynamic between his "adopted" parents, his real father and sister haven't been revealed to us yet. I think we are going to be surprised to find out more about his background. I also think from the doll scene that he has always been perceived by others as evil and that he has suffered from that.

5) Poor Eun Ha. :( What if both of her parents are psychopaths? The doll scene was just scary on so many levels. @Alice Wonderland BHS acted with a psychopath's mind and he did not take into consideration his child's feelings. It was manipulative, calculative and throwing away the doll as a revenge was cruel. Yikes! What kind of values is he teaching his child?

I think the opening scene of episode 1 was important. Where he is tied under water and she jumps in.

Did she jump in to save him or to say goodbye to him?

• Like 16

Finally got the time to watch the two first episodes and I am  all Confused Anime GIFs | Tenor To be honest I am stumped for words. I like the episodes, they are really good. But a lot is insinuated that can be just what they seem to be or they are misleading us. Brain Overload GIFs | Tenor It's just too much to process and figure out. Maybe this is one of those dramas where you have to go with the flow and don't over think or over analyse everything that is said or done. I am already feeling like a headache is coming over me. :expressionless:

• Like 12
  • Wiggle 1

The first time I saw the young BHS - I thought they CG LJK to be a younger self at first but then I realize different voice lol. PHJ - DOES look so much like LJK! Great job by PHJ to act as young BHS and capture LJK expressions and  bravo to the casting director. 

• Like 15

Lee Joongi is so energetic. He doesn't even looks like he is almost 40. With his baby face and lively personality he could easily pass as a man in his late 20s or early 30s. I am loving Moon Chaewon's voice. She is so soft spoken completely different from her detective character. 

• Like 15
  • Love 2

hello and good day!:) it is my first time to join here. been looking for soompi forum about flower of evil and i finally found this :) i am very happy that moon chae won and lee joon gi paired up again and feeling satisfied with foe 2 episodes. rewatching it till tomorrow ( tues ) . :)

• Like 12
  • Wiggle 1

I really don’t think he is the killer. Because  in cases that CJW have had the writer is showing us that things are not what they seams.   BHS is a disturbed person with a dark dark passed but he seemed too surprised when he heard that the roommate had got a call from  the murderer.

I don’t believe CJW knows  anything. Yes she’s not innocent but sometimes love is blind. I think she will put two and two together eventually…. We don’t know when the first scene took place….

• Like 11
  • Love 2