[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

hope thats the reason that the drama is still weeks away,...so they can make lots of promo and also photoshoot interview ,...also the premier of drama always push back but its alright as long is still july and finaly official airing,...please tvn dont move again beacause its so frustrating .....i want to watch them right now......july move fast for the drama airing....

• Like 5

Going by the new teaser for FOE, I am thinking my suspicions may be correct about the plot of this drama. 

So LJG's character is a psychopath who has been pretending to be this kind and caring man, that is confirmed. Now on to the topic of him being a serial killer, it will pan out one of two ways: 1. He was a serial killer but his reason for killing those people were justified, 2. He was framed and is not actually a serial killer, but someone framed him cause being a psychopath, he was a good scapegoat. 

Someone on this forum said it very well, psychopaths can feel emotions, but it is to a much lesser degree than other people. So I think LJG's character will love his wife and daughter in his own twisted way unless the writer of this show is aiming for something REALLY dark and messed up, but the director of this show already confessed that this will be more of a melo-romance type show with elements of triller and mystery. So they have to make LSG's character redeemable, so I think it will either be the justified killings or being framed for the killings. I am leaning towards the justified killings, because the way LJG said in the teaser, I am not going to stop until the end, it seems like maybe he has been killing people for the past 14 years and he will continue to do so until he reaches his goal whatever it may be. 

Edited by sas79
  • Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, sas79 said:

Going by the new teaser for FOE, I am thinking my suspicions may be correct about the plot of this drama. 

So LSG's character is a psychopath who has been pretending to be this kind and caring man, that is confirmed. Now on to the topic of him being a serial killer, it will pan out one of two ways: 1. He was a serial killer but his reason for killing those people were justified, 2. He was framed and is not actually a serial killer, but someone framed him cause being a psychopath, he was a good scapegoat. 

Someone on this forum said it very well, psychopaths can feel emotions, but it is to a much lesser degree than other people. So I think LSG's character will love his wife and daughter in his own twisted way unless the writer of this show is aiming for something REALLY dark and messed up, but the director of this show already confessed that this will be more of a melo-romance type show with elements of triller and mystery. So they have to make LSG's character redeemable, so I think it will either be the justified killings or being framed for the killings. I am leaning towards the justified killings, because the way LSG said in the teaser, I am not going to stop until the end, it seems like maybe he has been killing people for the past 14 years and he will continue to do so until he reaches his goal whatever it may be. 

Ecxuse me, why LSG? You mean LJG?

• Like 1

We have what... 4 more weeks of promos still?

I'm curious with how many more teasers/trailer we are going to get, there have been one each week, right?? With the first trailer (4th teaser) we finally got some drama scenes, and for the little we saw, I'm really loving the look of the drama :wub:

After reading @sas79's post... I always get conflicted when I think about Heesung, even if he committed serial killings for a "good" reason (or even if he isn't a serial killer after all), he still lied for so many years, that I keep asking myself if I would forgive someone for lying for so long. But then, be might have a good reason for lying too.. SO CONFLICTED. How are they going to work this out as a couple? And their daughter being in the middle of all this, she being so close to her dad :(

I just feel this drama will stress me out like TWOTM did,,, But I'm ready!!! Please come faster. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

11vb0Tw.jpg

This part of the trailer, when Jiwon is holding Heesung's hand with both of hers :wub: make me think of MCW's lastest movie post, Wicker Park... Where will their obsessions take them, Heesung's of keeping his life as it is, and Jiwon's to find out the truth.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

waiting is so stressing,..if moon chae won have photoshoot interview maybe waiting is less stressful,...because i want moon chae won answer all the question in a cover,...and just read them all while waiting,..in this i can sense moon chae won opinionated side about her self,character and the drama,...moon chae won less spotlight about her is so fraustrating,...hope the drama flower of evil will be successful and getting a lot of buzz ,...please make this happen,....i really cannot wait to watch flower of evil,..

• Like 7
  • Love 2

So thrilled about the stills. He does look frightening in that photo of him w/ hood pulled over his face. Here's the translation of the first HS stills article -

‘Flower of Evil’ Lee Joongi showing temperature gap between bright smile and frightening expressionless face

(source – https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000836528)

Lee Joongi’s first stills for ‘Flower of Evil’ have been unveiled, giving us glimpses of him swinging between the polar opposites of his character.

tvN’s new Wed/Thurs drama ‘Flower of Evil’ is an intense emotional chase thriller about two people facing the truth they want to avoid: Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi) is a man who even fakes love, and Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon) is his wife who’s started to doubt his identity.

In the drama, Lee Joongi plays metal craft artist Baek Hee Sung who apparently lives an ‘ordinary life.’ Running his own shop, HEESUNG is a loving husband who’s become an expert in housework and childcare for his detective wife JIWON, and also a caring, doting father to their daughter EUNHA (Jung Seoyeon).

But he has the secrets that he’s been trying so extraordinarily hard to hide in order to maintain this ‘ordinary life.’ In all the time he and his wife have been together, Heesung has not only hidden his past and real identity, but also faked the feelings of love.

In front of his wife and daughter, he puts on a warm smile, but once he turns around, he reveals a chilling, expressionless look on his face. Viewers become more curious as Lee Joongi is expected to flawlessly convey the polar opposites of Heesung, namely, his ‘temperature gap.’

In particular, Lee Joongi is expected to deliver the three-dimensional complexity of his character, who goes from sad and affectionate melodrama and fatherly love—which he will show through his performance with Moon Chaewon as a married couple—to suspense that comes from the chill in his eyes.

Also, the drama anticipates an unpredictable turn of events, as Heesung becomes a suspect in a murder that occurs one day. As Heesung steps right into the heart of the tightly-woven mystery, Lee Joongi will lead the drama, keeping the story balanced through his transformative performance, raising our expectations.

The production team behind ‘Flower of Evil’ confides: “Off camera, Lee Joongi is overflowing with passion and energy. But on camera, he forgets the name ‘Lee Joongi’ and completely disappears into his character Baek Heesung. You can expect to see a whole package of Lee Joongi’s acting skills spanning all kinds of genres, from melodrama to suspense and to action.” They added, “All the cast and the staff are hard at work on set. Please look forward to it and show lots of support.”

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, hazelyeot said:

We have what... 4 more weeks of promos still?

I'm curious with how many more teasers/trailer we are going to get, there have been one each week, right?? With the first trailer (4th teaser) we finally got some drama scenes, and for the little we saw, I'm really loving the look of the drama :wub:

After reading @sas79's post... I always get conflicted when I think about Heesung, even if he committed serial killings for a "good" reason (or even if he isn't a serial killer after all), he still lied for so many years, that I keep asking myself if I would forgive someone for lying for so long. But then, be might have a good reason for lying too.. SO CONFLICTED. How are they going to work this out as a couple? And their daughter being in the middle of all this, she being so close to her dad :(

I just feel this drama will stress me out like TWOTM did,,, But I'm ready!!! Please come faster. 

Since Hee Sung is the main lead of the drama, they have to make him redeemable one way or the other, unless the Director is opting for a really dark and gritty drama of a true psychopath using a women and even having a child with her as part of his big plan. The Director himself said this will be a melo and from the promos, I am not getting a dark vibe. I am getting more of an angsty vibe. I think either Hee Sung will have to surrender or MCW's character will work together with him at the end. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

I agree with @sas79 - if he is a true serial killer - then audiences won’t care as much and it may backfire. The ‘Melo’ has to come from us watching and rooting for the wife as she figures him out and also hoping that there is some good in him.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Yes agreed with both of you. I do think the storyline will be full of drama and about how the couple handling this situation. So it will be focusing more on the character and how it carries. Demm, I cant wait for it. Counting each days to watch :popcornjackson:

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1