[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

On 6/6/2020 at 2:10 PM, beyaruth said:

Guys, let's see your choice from 1 to 5 here...

Question: In the Melodrama VS Suspense posters, WHAT CAUGHT YOUR EYE 1ST?

1. Actor LJK's face

2. Actress MCW's face

3. Sweet Kiss mood in Melodrama version

4. Scary Tense mood in Suspense version

5. Unique Colors of FOE 

... After choosing from 1 to 5, check the meaning of your choice between 3rd to 7th page of the ig post below to reveal what's you're looking forward to in this drama.   :mrgreen:

#1 looking forward to LJG hot scenes and how he will portray this character.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, beyaruth said:

LJK character poster tagline:

I need her.

MCW character poster tagline:

Can I trust him?

Well "Can I trust him?" is clear enough, but "I need her" can mean so many different things.

This is beginning to sound more and more interesting... 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

"Flower of Evil"  Releases Character Posters for Lee Joon-gi, Moon Chae-won, Jang Hee-jin and Seo Hyun-woo

Four posters of mixed feelings between Lee Joon-gi, Moon Chae-won, Jang Hee-jin and Seo Hyun-woo have been released.

The new tvN drama "Flower of Evil", which broadcasts for the first time in July, is a packed emotional tracing drama of a man named Baek Hee-seong (Lee Joon-gi), who hides his brutal past and changes his identity, and Cha Ji-won (Moon Chae-won), his homicide detective wife who traces his past, and stands in front of the truth they want to turn away from.

On top of that, Do Hae-soo (Jang Hee-jin), a woman who has been dealing with the terrible truth alone and Kim Moo-jin (Seo Hyun-woo), a reporter who learned all the truth, will be intertwined, and there will be an unpredictable story that has never been seen anywhere else. The posters contain the complex emotions that four people will face as they are involved in the incident.

First of all, Baek Hee-seong's face turns eerie, leaving his soft smile behind, drawing attention. At the same time, the two expressions make us expect a reversal to be shown in the drama, while various speculations continue in the hidden intention of "I need her".

Spoiler

9ezkJUT.jpg

His wife, Cha Ji-won, who loves him, but still has to be suspicious, is at odds, saying, "Can I trust him?" Even though she has keen eyes as a homicide detective, she soon becomes sad and agonizes, making her feel torn with a complex mind.

Spoiler

9YL9I7p.jpg

From the words "Must hide", Do Hae-soo, who already heralds a significant secret, creates the feelings of shaking anxiety as she stares into space. Curiousness is rising about what may have caused her quiet daily life to fluctuate.

Spoiler

PD5JIZp.jpg

Meanwhile, Kim Moo-jin's eyes are drawn to his desire for a scoop, saying, "Must catch", while his vulgar inner thoughts are seen from the subtle raised corners of his mouth. He seems to have an internal conflict about the truth and the scoop, which makes one wonder about his choices.

Spoiler

ThstjWb.jpg

"Flower of Evil", which begins with the question, "What if your husband who you have loved for 14 years is suspected of being a serial killer?" will be densely implemented through Lee Joon-gi, Moon Chae-won, Jang Hee-jin and Seo Hyun-woo's portrayals in July.

Credit Source: Hancinema

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jillia said:

But why would someone marry a cop, especially Cha Ji Won, without loving her?! Like I can't believe Baek Hee Sung doesn't love Cha Ji Won.

Drama not even airing yet and I'm already dramatic! :lol:

i feel you,...theyve been together for 14 years happy married couple but suddenly heating because of the hidden unsolved crime past that need to bring in justice,...their different character got me so intriguing so much that even me iam so clueless where this tragic story can bring me,...cha ji won will hurt the most because he deeply love baek hee sung,....o.m.g...i love it..melodrama-suspicious is the best,.....hoping lot of success and trending...their visual are burning ,....

fighting flower of evil,...looking forward each days come

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, jazz85 said:

are they finalizing the release date of flower of evil...really this coming july

I don't know if this is true, I didn't check tvN schedule, but looks like they are deciding if it will air on the 8 at 11pm or on the 22 at 9pm...

The 11pm timeslot is too late and I have seen many Korean viewers complain about that. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, hazelyeot said:

I don't know if this is true, I didn't check tvN schedule, but looks like they are deciding if it will air on the 8 at 11pm or on the 22 at 9pm...

The 11pm timeslot is too late and I have seen many Korean viewers complain about that. 

Ah it's a tough one. I want it to have good ratings, but if it is at 11pm it might lose some of the views, but at the same time I want it to air sooner :unsure:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, beyaruth said:

LJK: I lied... just a little bit.

MCW: Who really are you?

LJK said I lied.. just a little bit. So if its just a "little" lie. There are some truth in him, the question is how can his wife knows which of those are real? Since he betrayed her trust. Maybe the fact that he loves her or the he he just used her??? there are so many question but my english vocabulary is quite limited this time so bye..! :D

is it July tomorrow?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

11pm is way too late, Flower of Evil deserves a better time slot, please please 9pm. We want this drama to have a good rating. 

I know we fans don’t care about ratings but it is important for the actors...

• Like 14

12 hours ago, Jillia said:

But why would someone marry a cop, especially Cha Ji Won, without loving her?! Like I can't believe Baek Hee Sung doesn't love Cha Ji Won.

Drama not even airing yet and I'm already dramatic! :lol:

I feel you.... In the same boat here :joy:  Baek Hee Sung most probably loves Cha Ji Won - it would take the world's most talented actor times 10 to fake love for 14 years. He probably faked it in the beginning, though, because he needed her to escape his past. He probably still needs her in order for his true character to stay hidden - it doesn't mean that he doesn't love her though.

Anyway I came running to this thread to see the translations of the teasers I just saw on Instagram. Thank you @beyaruth ! :kiss_wink:

The more teasers we are shown, the more I get the feel that this drama will really be a heartbreaking one. And that the ending might not be a heartwarming ending where the couple realize that they really love each other and want to stay married to each other.

This might turn into a full fledged psychological thriller, and a lot of the times the suspected bad guy really turns out to be a bad guy....

Anyway, it's too early to tell until we see the first few episodes - I got my tissues and my ice cream ready. :joy:

• Like 12
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

11pm is way too late, Flower of Evil deserves a better time slot, please please 9pm. We want this drama to have a good rating. 

I know we fans don’t care about ratings but it is important for the actors...

they do deserve a better timeslot..

had to look tvn schedule and on wednesdays they air "you quiz on the block" at 9pm, but this variety show always broadcasted at 11pm, this is their first season on earlier hour...

and they had "hospital playlist" on thursdays at 9pm, but haven't announce any drama to follow yet.

i'm being hopeful they have been discussing to switch their airing time, and that is the reason they haven't release a date yet. 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 3

They look like a perfect happily married couple in the teasers. I can't imagine how devastated Cha Ji Won would be when she realises that her husband of 14 years and father of her child is lying and is not what she thinks him to be :tears:

@Jillia Agree why would a psychopath or someone who wants to hide something will marry a cop and then stay in that marriage for 14 years? His character poster says I need her and in the script reading he says something like she seems easy to him so maybe he believes even though she is a cop she wouldn't suspect him because she is madly in love with him and trust him completely so he married her deliberately and marrying a cop means he is removing most of people's doubts as only a fool or a genius will marry a cop and Baek Hee Sung seems to be the latter one. Or Cha Ji Won is somehow related to his past so he keeping check on her so that she doesn't find anything against him.

It's fine if they air it at the end of July. The premise is unique and the actors must have done a great job so I don't want it to be ignored just because of timeslot. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1