[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

44 minutes ago, Jillia said:

They really want us to know that they are actually a family and that they have been together for a long time. They just want to hurt us

Yes, and you may have noticed that the child only appears during the "happy times". When the tone turns sinister we can only see our two leads in a heated confrontation.

I had high hopes that our ML was only a suspect, but the way they're setting this up I have a feeling that this is going to break my heart.

:nonono:

Sigh.

I love a good psychological thriller, so I'll just view it as that. It's the melodrama part I'm not ready for. :bawling:

EDIT: I literally get goosebumps every time I watch a new teaser for the first time..... Anyone else?

Edited by partyon
  • Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Ohh the new teaser was good! Dark melodrama with a mix of thriller suspense. Thank goodness it is coming soon. LJG also looks healthier since  I last saw him in Lawless Lawyer too.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

BTW they use different BGM for TV version ad (only the 15"version have different BGM) and it also aired on TVN at midnight same time when the online version released...

Teaser 1  LJG version (same video also uploaded by LJG on his instagram account)

Teaser 2 MCW version

teaser 2 LJG version

Spoiler

teaser 3

my fav is the third teaser TVC version....the music real creepy to my ears :crazy:

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

Not sure if this was already posted.....?  Please let me know if it was, and I will delete this post. :kiss_wink:

Lee Joon Gi Talks About His Upcoming Drama “Flower Of Evil” And Chemistry With Co-Star Moon Chae Won

Lee Joon Gi participated in a new pictorial for GQ Korea!

In his pictorial, Lee Joon Gi poses with various props and uses detailed expressions. His relaxed and comfortable movements in front of the simple backgrounds convey the photo shoot’s natural concept.

During the interview that followed the photo shoot, Lee Joon Gi talked about his long-awaited return with tvN’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Flower of Evil.” The drama will tell the story of Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi), a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to grow suspicious of him, and they find themselves standing in front of a truth they don’t wish to face.

On the upcoming drama, Lee Joon Gi shared, “It felt like a challenge I would have had to inevitably confront sometime in the process of building my career.” Lee Joon Gi elaborated on his role, “I’m putting in effort to connect the subtle tension that arises from trying to fool a loved one with the characteristics of a thriller.”

Lee Joon Gi also talked about his chemistry with co-star Moon Chae Won. He shared, “Actress Moon Chae Won is quiet and serious, so she’s the complete opposite of me. Thanks to that, it was a big help in constructing my character.”

Lee Joon Gi’s pictorial and interview will be available in the July issue of GQ Korea.

“Flower of Evil” will premiere on July 22 at 10:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. In the meantime, watch a teaser for the drama here!

1848533e357842dd9006e747f08b146d.jpeg?s=

Spoiler

Lee-Joon-Gi-3.jpg

Lee-Joon-Gi.jpg

Lee-Joon-Gi-2.jpg

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1408521wpp/lee-joon-gi-talks-about-his-upcoming-drama-flower-of-evil-and-chemistry-with-co-star-moon-chae-won

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Huge fan of both the actors and super excited for this drama. 

The more teasers about this show I see, the more I feel like this story may materialize like this: what started off as a marriage of convenience became love for LJG's character. And I don't think his character will be the main villain of the story either - whatever shady past his character will have, I think he will have a somewhat justifiable reason for it. I also feel like the whole drama will be very angsty. Just initially thoughts after seeing the teasers. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

8 hours ago, sas79 said:

Huge fan of both the actors and super excited for this drama. 

The more teasers about this show I see, the more I feel like this story may materialize like this: what started off as a marriage of convenience became love for LJG's character. And I don't think his character will be the main villain of the story either - whatever shady past his character will have, I think he will have a somewhat justifiable reason for it. I also feel like the whole drama will be very angsty. Just initially thoughts after seeing the teasers. 

Second you! I am a huge fan of both, had followed them individually and in criminal minds previously! Their acting skills are both superb and I know they're gonna nail it (providing the storyline is good). You can really see they tell sth thru their own eyes. Hope they can earn many awards thru this drama come back (*hoping*) :hwaiting:   

*my first soompi post! haha

• Like 10
  • Love 5

I feel like this drama will break my heart. It’s such a rare opportunity to see these two actors together but the synopsis sounds like it will be a painful ride. I’m in between two minds on watching it but I really can’t resist the couple. I haven’t seen Moon Chae Won in a good while. Last I saw Lee Joongi was in Lawless Lawyer which I enjoyed. Ah, what the heck, we can all experience the rollercoaster emotions together. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

july is coming finaly my anxiety is almost over...because we are getting closer to the full trailer of flower of evil,...

i just thingking when the presscon comes,..

moon chae won and lee joon gi dont have photoshoot together in one magazine,...just only lee joon gi..

• Like 9

On 6/29/2020 at 12:34 PM, jazz85 said:

july is coming finaly my anxiety is almost over...because we are getting closer to the full trailer of flower of evil,...

i just thingking when the presscon comes,..

moon chae won and lee joon gi dont have photoshoot together in one magazine,...just only lee joon gi..

Is it confirmed? No photoshoot for them? What a pity, if ever. I wanted to see them in a photoshoot together. :(

• Like 6

Now we're finally heading into July.. Yay!!

Not sure if anyone's interested, but I wrote up a couple of theories i have on FOE.  LOL It's pretty long (sorry!), but just to keep the conversation going... Have a wonderful last day of June! And yes I was also hoping for a couple photoshoot of LJG x MCW.. it's not too late, make it happen, Namooactors!

1. Redemption

What kind of psychopath is Baek Heesung (Lee Joongi)? Lacking empathy, how does he love someone and what will he do to keep his love intact? If he 'needs' love to become the kind of human being he wants to be, can Cha Jiwon (Moon Chaewon) and her love for him save him?

Even as a child, Do Hyunsoo knew he was different from others. What he inherited from his serial killer father was a differently-wired brain and a total lack of empathy. When his friend suffered the painful loss of his parents, Hyunsoo couldn't feel it. When confronted by someone holding a knife, he couldn't feel the fear. He 'knew' or recognized what kind of feeling that was, but he still couldn't feel it. As a boy, Hyunsoo found himself on a horrific murder scene. But was it really Hyunsoo who committed the murder?

The first person who offered a saving hand was his adoptive father, who runs a hospital. "I want to start afresh and live an ordinary life." Hyunsoo observes, imitates, and internalizes 'ordinary' emotional expressions, gestures, and behaviors. Hyunsoo becomes 'Baek Heesung.'

Then Heesung meets Cha Jiwon. Seeing how honestly she expresses her love for him, Heesung decides to build a home of his own. He takes on the role of Jiwon's dearest friend and boyfriend, who cheers her on so she can achieve her dream of becoming a police officer. Putting the wedding ring he carefully crafted on Jiwon's finger, Heesung says to himself: I will never let go of this hand. Baek Heesung's elaborately-crafted mask becomes harder and stronger. 

One day, rumors about an old murder case reach Jiwon. Someone is persistently working to unearth the mystery of the murder from the past, which the people involved have tried so hard to bury. Exhausted, Jiwon comes back home to her husband, still so loving, and their daugther Eunha. Watching his wife and daughter across the dinner table, Heesung thinks to himself: I will never get found out.

But the fragments of the past once scattered all over come back to haunt him. Jiwon realizes at the center of these rumors is none other than Heesung. Jiwon starts to piece the clues together. Heesung now sees Jiwon trying to discover the traces of Do Hyunwoo, stained by the wounds of his dark past and buried deep inside of him. Inside Jiwon's head, the puzzle of 'Do Hyunsoo' is finally completed. Heesung, once again, becomes 'Do Hyunsoo.' The mask and the home that once appeared so solid and strong begin to crack and crumble.

Watching Jiwon, shaken by the feelings of betrayal, pain, and sadness, across the table in the interrogation room, Heesung asks himself: Will I ever get to hold that hand again? Could I be redeemed?

2. Spectrum

What kind of psychopath is Baek Hee sung ? Is he really a serial killer? How can he ‘love’ someone, what will he do to keep his love intact

Experts say psychopathy is a spectrum disorder. A person can be very mildly psychopathic, or they can show such severe symptoms that they get diagnosed as a psychopath. Psychopaths do have emotions, but what ‘normal’ people feel at 7 or 8 (on a scale of 10), psychopaths only feel it at 1 or 2. Their brains are wired so differently they don’t have the emotional responses that ‘normal’ people do. When their friend is in pain, they can’t really feel it.

Emotions exist on a spectrum too. Fear is an emotion, so is trust, and you can most definitely feel love. But psychopaths can’t feel the same way as ‘we’ do, so they have to learn and pretend to feel, just as Heesung does.

Heesung ‘knows’ what feelings of love are, but can’t really feel it, so he learns how to act like he loves. The son of a serial killer, with dark secrets, Heesung finds a way out of his past in Cha Jiwon. He wants to start a new, more ‘human’ life, and for that, he ‘needs’ her. So he puts on a mask - the mask of loving husband.

But Jiwon starts seeing some cracks on that mask. Heesung is a metal craft artist and has mastered the art of faking, too, but when his criminal past revisits Heesung, Jiwon starts hearing rumors and the seeds of doubt take root in her. Little things Heesung does, or small reactions he shows are not quite right, not ‘normal.’ Can or will she continue to love him?

What if Heesung isn’t a serial killer and wants to protect his love? A non-criminal psychopath should make extra conscious effort to function like a ‘normal’ member of society, to have relationships. Heesung will have to continue to ‘act’ like he feels love if he wants to keep his home intact.

We are not psychopathic like Heesung, but don’t we all make an effort when we really love someone? Love is, in a way, about making an effort. We are all on this spectrum of emotions; we try to meet the person we love halfway. What if that’s what “Flower of Evil” wants to say about love?
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

So it's July which means now we get even more promo stuff right? I mean we got a lot but there is more, right? Like the official first OST, a longer trailer, maybe more posters because there aren't enough already, rightß?

:omg:

I'm looking forward to the OST too!:rubchin:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

We actually didn't had a single teaser with scenes of the drama, I'm looking forward to that! 

And stills! We need some drama stills, please.

I actually like that there's none. No scenes of the drama and no stills or BTS photos/videos. I would like it to remain that way but I doubt it. They'll probably give it now that it's July. But like JG said earlier from his Namoo interview, it would be better to watch this drama without any spoilers. I really feel like it would be better watching this drama blind and enjoy its thrills, mysteries and twists along the way. They won't even give extensive info about the other actors and their characters (besides the main 4: LJG, MCW, JHJ, SHW and even then, they only kept repeating and rehashing ostensible or surface level information.) and the fact that they said there'll be additional characters and casts in the middle of the drama is already telling that there'll be a lot of surprises. Also, this is the first time that JG didn't even give a single sneak peak or behind the scenes photo/video while filming. Even reading fan theories and knowing his past name, Do Hyun So, already feels like a spoiler to me. And the only reason that was even revealed was because of the script reading where JG's nameplate contained two names and keen observant fans were able to see and translate it.

One thing i don't like though is that there's no couple photoshoot for this drama. I waited 3 yrs for this reunion so I'm really hoping there'll be one. Just imagine the explosive chemistry they're gonna have in those photos.

• Like 5