[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

I’m still concerned for Eunha.

Ji Won is quite punishing but I can’t blame her. I think she won’t punish him if he reveals himself and she has to think of Eunha too.

But if he keeps lying then.... it will be hard to salvage their relationship.

• Like 4

did you guys notice BHS is having pain in his chest? in ep 7, I think he starts holding his chest twice (when on the phone with Kim Moo Jin and when talking with his wife in his workshop).... maybe he's not completely healed from almost dead situation and coma....

I imagine after almost being drown and cpr and 10 days in coma in hospital, he maybe not 100% healed. Plus he was so stressed with his wife in the basement, maybe his panic attack is actually 'real', not just because of smell of blood.

Maybe he has other health issues too, now.... not just mental issues. Poor BHS... His life must be so heavy since childhood til now....

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

43 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I'm really loving this drama....the suspense of it. There are a couple of lines or scenes where I thought the writer or director could have done better. In ep 5 or 6, the whole pool thing with giving him mouth to mouth under water...silly. He already had a lung full of water at that point, no way his eyes would have opened--time better spent to just get him out of he water. The other scene is in ep 7 when he covers his nose in the basement due to the foul smell and she say's it because of the blood. That was many years ago...there would be so smell of blood in the air.

Enough of that. I still don't know what happened to the son (guy) in the bed that's in a coma hidden in a closet. The 'grandmother' freaked out when the little girl was trying to do math problems. Why? Why are the parents trying to pass DH off as him, for what purpose? Who does Do Hyun thinks his sister is still keeping contact with? I have questions, but no answers.

Grandma’s real son , real BHS who is in a coma , is a Math’s genius, so when Eunha doing Math problems beyond her years reminded her of her son...

41 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

did you guys notice BHS is having pain in his chest? in ep 7, I think he starts holding his chest twice (when on the phone with Kim Moo Jin and when talking with his wife in his workshop).... maybe he's not completely healed from almost dead situation and coma....

I imagine after almost being drown and cpr and 10 days in coma in hospital, he maybe not 100% healed. Plus he was so stressed with his wife in the basement, maybe his panic attack is actually 'real', not just because of smell of blood.

Maybe he has other health issues too, now.... not just mental issues. Poor BHS... His life must be so heavy since childhood til now....

I know, feeling sorry for DHS/BHS. That’s also why I am hoping for a happy ending...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mona Ys said:
1 hour ago, violina said:
I think we can all agree Hyun Soo is a broken and damaged human being who needs a lot of love and healing.But this is an equally traumatizing experience for Ji Won too. Imagine being an upright law enforcer like her but having to hide information about a "suspected killer" because the subject is your husband.Imagine loving and marrying a man for 14 years and then finding out he lied about his identity even his own name. He is still lying to her and she knows he is lying. The pain, anger, betrayal, guilt. Hyunsoo will have to work hard to regain her full trust.

yes, it must be so hard for her, totally agree with you

I mean look..

f92185b9b158c9d5bd9ca5f5f850ff3a22cc07f5

a8f230b0e522325de5486028175c05c1c554909a

ad2628239dec3e7af043f3c40f6360015fe34d17

This is why I like her principle to only believe what she can see, proven facts and evidence. If it was your regular cop or vindictive wife, he would have been arrested and be chilling in the interrogation room by now.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Enimsa88 said:

After yesterday episode, i feel like do hyun father may not be killer.  First of all, he committed suicide. I don’t think a killer will commit suicide just because he got busted. 
and do hyun’s sister made reporter recall that he had respected her father. 
like someone in this thread had mentioned, maybe basement was the place where do hyun was reprimanded, where he was taught to be normal person. The cage was for do hyun. The part where his sister teaches him how to say “okay” to father when spoken. 
the reason do hyun is so affected by the place is he had so much painful memories.  
maybe since he cant feel pain or fear, his father used means to torture.  
did the sibling went to foreman house after their father was caught?

I feel like foreman tired to force upon sister so she ended up killing him. When she told do hyun, he took blame.  It is unquestionable how much he loves his sister. I feel like his sister is only one person who can talk sense to do hyun. Wondering is the voice of tape recorder is of sister to calm him. 
i cant wait for the sibling reunion

I am liking your theories...omg when MJ was filming, maybe Do Hyun So was in the cage!! But MJ didn't report it to the police! I think the voice singing was his mom's voice. So far all my previous theories were all wrong! Damn I was hoping the accomplice was Hae So but it's not looking that way now. Plus I thought it was Do Hyun So who killed the village foreman but it was his sister and DHS took the blame for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madu Mita said:

But if he keeps lying then.... it will be hard to salvage their relationship.

True. So far despite all the confusion.

She made love to him even though she is suspicious and hurt

e762ca310143cb54036d7df0a0be0495ff62dd92

When he woke up, she ran and hugged him like her life depended on it, even when he confessed subconsciously that he is Do Hyun Soo.

3d42341dce5c43ec4739405df38333fb6dc02831

She even tried to sabotage the police interview when he was giving his victim statement at the hospital in episode 6 in case he outs himself. The more he lies.The more he hurts her. I hope it wont take up to episode 16 before they can be on the same page and fight together.

Also has anyone noticed, they are zooming in on their wedding rings alot? It must have some significance to the plot right?

• Like 9

i think the main reason why Ji-won didn't show the picture of her husband to the hotel owner is to protect his identity. if someone else were to investigate the owner, the truth would easily come out and Ji-won would've been the one to face major consequences as a detective protecting alleged criminal. 

throughout the episode, i was hoping Hyun-su to come out clean to Ji-won but was utterly disappointed. i could feel Ji-won's frustration and betrayal. even during the sex scene, her eyes were searching for answers lol. she has given him countless opportunities to reveal himself but he chose not to....now this is definitely taking a darker route. also, i don't think Hyun-su is that oblivious of the fact that Ji-won knows about him, he might be putting on an act as well or so it seems. 

the nail clipping sound and Baek Man-woo smirking after hearing the tape was quite chilling. his wife's demeanor shows that she might also be the victim of the situation. she behaves impulsively but her act showed genuine concern when she tried to rip Eun-ha's book off. she said, "it'll kill you and your mother" leaving out the father which might imply to her own situation. maybe, she was somewhat like the Sky Castle moms lol.

i still have no idea about the killer/accomplice but i'm at the point where i'm beginning to suspect everyone. Cha Ji-won, in my opinion, is really scary herself. she's so determined and uses people's weaknesses to bring out the truth. her past is what i'm really looking forward to.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, glory said:

i was hoping Hyun-su to come out clean to Ji-won but was utterly disappointed.

To an extent, I understand why he hasn't come out yet.One, if his sister really committed murder or she is an accomplice to his father.The he is being a protective brother by keeping quiet. Two, keep in mind our guy's mental health isnt exactly in good condition. We are still not clear what his mental disorder is.Is he a sociopath, a psychopath, is it severe depression, PTSD, Anti Social Disorder, Schizophrenia. This means he does not process emotions the way an average person would. The way he relates to people including his loved ones is also not ordinary. 

• Like 6

I think the real baek hee sung is rebel towarda his parent. Remember do hyun su said to ji won he did not finish high school? I guess he said when he is in persona as baek hee sung. This is just my wild theory.. maybe the real baek he sung is gay? And he is coming out with his parents. Since the mother has anger issue, she hurt her own son. Or perhaps real baek hee sung want to marry and cut of family relarion ship. Hmm too many question..

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, violina said:

To an extent, I understand why he hasn't come out yet.One, if his sister really committed murder or she is an accomplice to his father.The he is being a protective brother by keeping quiet. Two, keep in mind our guy's mental health isnt exactly in good condition. We are still not clear what his mental disorder is.Is he a sociopath, a psychopath, is it severe depression, PTSD, Anti Social Disorder, Schizophrenia. This means he does not process emotions the way an average person would. The way he relates to people including his loved ones is also not ordinary. 

I am thinking along the same line too. 
He is so comfortable in the bubble he created , he wants to hold on to it as long as he can ...and I think he “fears” if the truth comes out, JW will  leave .(The way he panicked at JW ‘s hospital outburst scene )

A big Thank you to @jeonghyang :bashful:

• Like 9

OMG as waiting to read the updates for the next episode 8 as i am at work.

@noor1 Def appreciated reading your thoughts and views. I love the forum being able to show a variety of views. I think shedding light on how JW is handling the lying and betrayal (now she knows his true identity). It must be hard.  Yes, to have intimate relations with someone you love, glad is alive but also knowing that person in a NOT so positive new light. I wonder she did not say no to not cause suspicion. They say people when they are feeling they are dying or in life threatening situations  go to have sex as a way to re-affirm being alive.

The theories I hear in other dramas--if you are going to lie, you do it til the bitter end. So if the ML is not showing her his real face, I am not upset more even though he has problems reading expressions or expressing himself (he has become a good actor over time though) there is no POINT to rock the boat. So why I think HS said to JW --it is like nothing changed. But there IS changes. He almost died a brutal death. He saw his wife freaking out and hug him as her life depended on it. (He had to ask the cab driver how it felt if a spouse died). So to that extent, so he prob did that scene to re-affirm he is alive and there and present with JW.

Yes it is true, ML did want to kill 2 people initially but kudos that he withstood the URGES to succumb and ended up not killing MJ the reporter and the cab driver.  So he is not perfect, he definitely did not ULTIMATELY want to kill either. Yes, he is a troubled man with a troubling family situation and past. But circumstances, his inability to read people, having a chilling vibe, mother issues (not wanting people to touch his tape recorders) and sole person who can understand and console him --Hae su Nuna. The flashback where HS nuna told the ML to just agree to dad requests. Gosh it hurt my heart to see the cage. I think the guesses it was used on him could be pretty correct. Poor trauma on him from his dad.

============================================

@violina Thanks for sharing this:

Before the revelation she said: Il always show you how much I like you. Il stay by your side. Il teach you everything you dont know. Everything will change like a lie.

Now that she knows his identity: All I want from you is just one thing. A reason to forgive you. These are words that can only come from a spouse who has been betrayed but still cares. 

================================================

@violina Yes,I was noticing too about the close up on the wedding rings . Something about the basic sanctity of wedding vows or relationship is trust (?). Right now, there is NO TRUST for JW now the world crumbled around her. She is grasping for straws and trying to figure out her hubby. She knows there is lot of evidence that is not good. But also she knows that he is  not 100% evil either. The layers of gray and their life together is making her thinking was it ALL a lie?!

@Mona Ys  Yes hard to not notice that ML has chest pain. Wonder if pre-existing health issue (though no sign of it before), repurcussions of his near death experience being tortured at the pool, or the amount of stress he is feeling (needing to hid himself from JW and continuing to play this cat/mouse charade with JW that all is well.  Def curious.

@glory Thanks. I agree if JW wante to reveal the ML as the suspect they are looking for she would have done it already and not let him squirm and do her OWN investigation and right in front of him. Now seeing more of the ML fake mom, she seems like a victim and not that evil.

The first time heard after they met with the family for son's bday, the DR father warned the fake mom that she is too sensitive and real and to hold it together. She is deliberately not acting close as she knows being emotionally invested will make her lose focus in this game of charade. So instead of being close to the granddaughter Eun Ha, she pushes her away and JW too. 

Yes agreed the nail clipping by the fake DR Dad for the the ML seemed inane scene but creepy vibes galore for me too. 

@jeonghyang  Oooh the goodies for ep 8 are beginning. Thanks!!!!

• Like 8
  • Sad 1