[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

So Joon Gi is back to dramas and I'm back to soompi... couldn't be more happy. Seriously this drama is the best news ever! it seems so interesting! and i love this couple reunion!

I'm also happy to see familiar names in this thread! Thank you so much @LyraYoo for starting it :wub:

I'll be checking for more news... can't wait for june

hughs to all, finally i'm a happy fan

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Hi all. just dropping a translation of an article w/Lee Joongi's thoughts on being cast in The Flower of Evil! So excited & thrilled about this project. Let's have fun :glasses:0003681029_001_20200115134401580.jpg?typ 

-

[Official] Lee Joongi cast in lead role for tvN’s ‘The Flower of Evil,’ making small screen comeback in 2 years

2020.01.15. SeoulEconomic article

(source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=011&aid=0003681029)

The news of Lee Joong’s casting in tvN’s new drama ‘The Flower of Evil’ is generating huge buzz. Viewers’ anticipation is mounting for the news of his casting especially because Lee Joongi is making a comeback in two years since his 2018 drama ‘Lawless Lawyer.’

‘The Flower of Evil’ starring Lee Joongi as its leading star (directed by Kim Cheol-gyu, written by Yoo Jung-hee, produced by StudioDragon and MonsterUnion) is a suspense melodrama about a married couple, a man who changed his identity and hides his past of cruelty and his violent crime detective wife who investigates his past.

Baek Hee-sung, played by Lee Joongi, is a family man devoted to his wife and daughter, but in fact he is completely lacking in emotion and has perfectly deceived his wife to maintain his current life. Many fans are already wild with anticipation about Lee Joongi’s transformation into a two-faced character he will portray with his delicate, nuanced psychological interpretation. Drama fans’ expectations are also growing as Moon Chae-won has been cast in female lead Cha Ji-won.

Through his agency Namooactors, Lee Joongi shared his thoughts on starring in ‘The Flower of Evil’: “As soon as I read the script, I was so eager to do this project. As this new challenge makes me excited, I will commit myself to the project and have fun.” With determination, he then added, “The character has a rich psychological description. It requires a lot of research, so I am hard at work preparing for the role. I am also looking forward to working with Moon Chae-won. I will do my best to make it a great drama.”

With the news of his comeback to the small screen in two years, we are expecting to see a lot of actor Lee Joongi on screen in 2020. With his powerful transformation in the new project raising expectations, viewers are excited to see Lee Joongi’s powerhouse performance in ‘The Flower of Evil.’  

And also dropping a trans of Moon Chaewon's thoughts on being cast in Flower of Evil:

[Official] Moon Chaewon confirmed to play violent crime detective in The Flower of Evil: I’m happy to perform alongside Lee Joongi

(source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003257570)

In The Flower of Evil, Moon Chaewon plays violent crime detective Cha Jiwon who has no choice but to trigger the gun of her fate. Cha Jiwon goes through emotional ups and downs as she, once an innocent, devoted wife, ends up putting handcuffs on her husband. Known for her attention to detail in performance, Moon Chaewon’s making us wonder how she will portray this character burdened with a cruel fate.

Moon Chaewon has built a solid arsenal of acting skills by taking on various characters. As she specializes in melodramatic roles, the actress is already generating buzz among drama fans about the transformation she’s about to make in her new drama. In ‘The Flower of Evil,’ which combines suspense with melodrama, the chemistry she’ll create with Lee Joongi also raises expectations for the drama.

Through her agency, Moon Chaewon shared her thoughts: “I am very excited to come back with The Flower of Evil. I enjoyed the synopsis and the script so much. I will work hard in preparing for this role so I can show you a great performance. Please look forward to it.” She added, “I am also happy to work with Lee Joongi and want to make a great drama with him.”202001151338323334139_20200115133858_01_

Edited by chrisgm
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 5

16 hours ago, lu09 said:

triplem Romance will be out of the window unless Psycho husband falls for his wife everytime she tries to screw him up and he gets the thrill from it:lol:. But I have to say, she is gonna be in a tough position considering the fact that a child is involved in this mess. One thing is for sure, this won't end well....

(PS: I assumed you were into thrillers and crime shows lol:sweatingbullets:. Looks like romance is your main genre if I'm not mistaken....

I am into any genre but I do love some romance even in the craziest melodrama or crime thriller  . As long as the oppa I like or love is there :joy:. Not picky . But I’m actually here because I have a big soft spot for Moon Chae Won . I have loved her since Innocent Man. :wub: And I enjoyed LJG in Lawless Lawyer . 
Since this is their second time working together , I am sure the chemistry will be good . 

@Ameera Ali I do not want this to be like VIP round 2 pls . I don’t think I can take the stress :lol:

@Jillia I hv seen Naked Fireman cuz Lee Joon Hyuk was in it  . It was like a mini special with 4 eps , the plot was actually good and could hv been made into 16 eps .In spite of its scandalous title , it was quite PG rated :D . Fan service was limited to a couple of scenes . Anyway I digress ...so this writer I think is into giving his / her ML a second chance in life  . So initially you will doubt the characters past etc but he will redeem himself later. That sort of thing. 

@sal2 I hope this will not be too angsty like our current weekender .:lol:. But anyway I don’t think he’s a psychopath . At least not from the synopsis we have . Maybe he’s just had a rough childhood  & committed  some crimes that he perhaps regrets . And him hiding the truth is because he just wanted a new life . . Oh my coming to think of it ...another drama Where the relationship starts off built on lies. :ph34r:

Edited by Guest

Whoah... are we on page 2 already?! So much love for the 4th prince.

Do I want LJG to play a psychopath? Yes... I do. Why not? He would be great in the role and it would make for interesting drama. 

Sadly however... I don't think they will make the character a real psychopath. At least I'm sceptical that they would go down that road lock, stock and barrel. It would take a certain amount of moxy to make the lead role a villainous type. However it is true that not all psychopaths end up as axe murderers or serial killers.

Anyway I'm just rambling... 

I saw a party and thought I'd join in.

;)

See you in June.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

OMG! Lee Jong Ki and Moon Chae Won Reunion! Excited much! HEUrhhJ.gif

c0sgKLE.gif&key=8a602ab115c54c953026c293

RAISING EXPECTATIONS FROM THEIR FANS, LEE JOON GI AND MOON CHAE WON JOIN TVN’S 2020 DRAMA ROSTER

The two has worked before in the Korean adaptation of Criminal Minds which also aired on tvN.

Titled 악의 꽃 Flower of Evil (literal translation), the new series is backed up by Studio Dragon. Taking a thrilling plot, the drama revolves around the story of a psychopath who turned a new leaf leaving his old vile identity. However, his wife who is a police officer delves to unearth the truth about him.

Suiting up as metal craftsman Baek Hee Sung, Lee Joon Gi takes the role of a domesticated husband, devoted to his wife and daughter. Earning enough for his family, he is a picture of an ideal husband and father. Despite feeling content to what his life has turned out, his psychopath tendencies remain evident. He is apathetic and struggles to feel emotions.

Meanwhile, Moon Chae Won plays the role of Cha Ji Won, a homicide detective who is passionately curious to perform well in her job.

The new project also marks the comeback dramas for both Lee and Moon.

Orchestrating the production is Director Kim Cheol Gyu who has produced lauded series Mother and On The Way To The Airport to name a few. Penning the script is Yoo Jung Hee who was praised for Naked Fireman.

News Source: hellokpop via Sports Chosun

Spoiler

05zLhmk.gif&key=7006e258a5b12f1801d032f1

Chief @mulberry9 your baby is finally out from the cave... 101.gif

Waitin' for a bloody scene!

Spoiler

CgMFy2Q.gif

Thanks Captain @Jillia and @LyraYoo ... 52.gif

Happiest Birthday @Ameera Ali AgZUwt0.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

wooo... hello everyone. i'm a new comer in the forum. really look forward to another collaboration of Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won after Criminal Minds.

I am also looking forward to discussing this drama with you all later when it airs :wub:

• Like 8

20 hours ago, triplem said:

I hv seen Naked Fireman cuz Lee Joon Hyuk was in it  . It was like a mini special with 4 eps , the plot was actually good and could hv been made into 16 eps .In spite of its scandalous title , it was quite PG rated :D . Fan service was limited to a couple of scenes . Anyway I digress ...so this writer I think is into giving his / her ML a second chance in life  . So initially you will doubt the characters past etc but he will redeem himself later. That sort of thing. 

So...maybe character redemption....maybe happy ending????????  What am I saying...this is a Lee Joon Gi drama.  I am gonna get my heart torn out. 

Just give me a few scenes of Bang Hee Sung/JG pounding away at metal, sparks flying, watching his veiny arms/hands create something beautiful before I question his sanity and motives. 

Is it JOON already?  B)  I'm ready for the FOE couple....to hopefully not end up foes! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

When I heard of the news that Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won would star in a drama together I was very excited... I haven't watched any Lee Joon Gi dramas besides "My Girl" but there he was the second lead :P but I heard he is a great actor + he is extremly good looking! That man ages like fine wine~ I will get around to watch Moon Lovers in the future since he looks hot AF in ancient clothes and long hair :wub: As for Moon Chae Won, I love her character in The Princess' Man , she's an great actress! When I read the plot of this drama I was however dissapointed.., I wanted a romantic romcom or dramatic romance (y'know heart fluttering romance between two nice people). But now afterwards I am warming up to this plot ^^ It might be interesting , the push and pull kind of relationship... like Tom and Jerry as someone mentioned! Also, can we expect a hot making out session between the leads?? Couples with this kind of dynamics usually end up making out/ end up in bed together after all the push and pull (cuz the push and pull will add so much more excitement to their marriage , and full of passion will will come!) 

I just hope Lee Joon Gi's character will not be completely heartless, that he will eventually show some hint of emotions/ feelings...

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 1/14/2020 at 10:46 PM, lu09 said:

OMG:scream:. Best news ever:thumbsup:. LJG with a psychopath role, I'm in.  The plot is absolutely interesting and I love it. I always wanted this type of plot lol:sweat_smile::mrgreen:. Call me crazy but....

Psycho role... we always  love that kind of character. Adds edgy..ness..or quirk. I guess most everyone here is for the LJG.  But me....I'm happy see Moon Chae Won again in a drama.

I hope  has more muscle weight. I thought he was skinny lean with his last drama.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

He's been practicing jiu jitsu for quite some time now. It seems more like a hobby/interest rather than it being preparation for his next drama. And most importantly, he mentioned that IU was the one that sparked his interest in jiu jitsu :joy: But who knows... maybe it'll somehow or in some roundabout manner finds itself into Joon Gi's character?? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Edited by pout
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, pout said:

He's been practicing jiu jitsu for quite some time now. It seems more like a hobby/interest rather than it being preparation for his next drama. And most importantly, he mentioned that IU was the one that sparked his interest in jiu jitsu :joy: But who knows... maybe it'll somehow or in some roundabout manner finds itself into Joon Gi's character?? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Hello everyone

I guess all here are excited about the buzz and hype of the upcoming drama.Joongi has finally taken up the challenge of something totally new to him and we are pretty sure he will not disappoint us.Let's look forward and give our utmost support.:heart::kiss_wink:

As for the bjj info, it is actually recommended by his manager and not as mentioned above.

This is Scan of the text in the thailand photobook vol 1

Below is the translation of the japanese part:

What made you start doing Brazilian Jiu-jitsu?
It was my manager who recommended it to me. On top of my personality and because I don't seem to suit muscle training, I decided to do martial arts which I had originally done before. To tell the truth, because I had general experience in martial arts before, I didn't like the fact that it's quite difficult at the beginning stage of the sport. Therefore, I said that if I had to choose, I would rather go to action school. But somehow, I was told that Brazilian Jiu-jitsu will be pleasant for me and that I should give it a try. And that's how it all started.

We love to see him doing bjj and actively interacting with people around him in the non entertainment world.He is now blending well into the mob gym family.I'm so happy for him.:blush:

P.S the translator does not wish to be credited,should anyone want to repost,please quote the link of my comment as the source.Thank you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

im honestly clueless about this drama and at the same time so much excited and thats great because this drama flower of evil is verry unique taste that will people want to watch unlike webtoon you know what will happen But this drama its really perfect for moon chae won and lee joon gi to be paired because we know they will executed the role perfectly and effectively,...

• Like 7

On 1/18/2020 at 3:09 AM, sweetseptember09 said:

When I heard of the news that Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won would star in a drama together I was very excited... I haven't watched any Lee Joon Gi dramas besides "My Girl" but there he was the second lead :P but I heard he is a great actor + he is extremly good looking! That man ages like fine wine~ I will get around to watch Moon Lovers in the future since he looks hot AF in ancient clothes and long hair :wub: As for Moon Chae Won, I love her character in The Princess' Man , she's an great actress! When I read the plot of this drama I was however dissapointed.., I wanted a romantic romcom or dramatic romance (y'know heart fluttering romance between two nice people). But now afterwards I am warming up to this plot ^^ It might be interesting , the push and pull kind of relationship... like Tom and Jerry as someone mentioned! Also, can we expect a hot making out session between the leads?? Couples with this kind of dynamics usually end up making out/ end up in bed together after all the push and pull (cuz the push and pull will add so much more excitement to their marriage , and full of passion will will come!) 

I just hope Lee Joon Gi's character will not be completely heartless, that he will eventually show some hint of emotions/ feelings...

i wish they inter more romance to this because people highly anticipated this couple the real tom and jerry couple perfect

• Like 6