[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

@LULUNNAreading all what you posted seems to me that you are really a pessimistic person. Chill chingu. The drama is yet to start so why don't you WISH IT A GOOD VIBES. What if it becomes failure, does it mean the world will go upside down. NO bc It's just a drama.

Like @Dreamssaid- watch and enjoy it. Like you said, your bias has films to release yet so no need to worry about. She'll get by whatever happens.

PEACE:)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

@LULUNNA

In dramas ofc, lol. Sodam with Jung Il-woo in C4K is my favorite couple, I love to see their interaction as they're pure rom-com couple. But I have a feeling Sodam with Bogum might be even better than that. They both have some kind of similar bright aura, you know, lol. Bogum and Sodam's Cinderella. Bcus Parasite's Jessica is a bit darker

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I like Park So Dam and was happy to learn that she will be in a drama with Park Bo Gum. I would like to think that after the much acclaimed film "Parasite" she will choose her follow up projects with care. That normally happens to actors and actresses with hit dramas and films.

I also believe that PD Ahn Gil Ho will not agree to directing a project if he didn't see promise in it. Moreover, his impressive track record ( Secret Forest, Memories of Alhambra and Watcher) shows that he is quite discriminating when choosing a project. 

I have been a Park Bo Gum fan since late 2015 and I know that he chooses his projects carefully.

Scriptwriters hopefully will learn from their past works considering the netizens' reactions to them. Improvement is always a possibility. 

Spoiler

This is off-topic but the Hong sisters has a hit-or-miss track record but it seems they did well with Hotel de Luna based on the positive reception of the viewers. Some of their past dramas flopped. So a scriptwriter's writing reputation is not cast in stone. Hoping the same thing will happen to Ha Myung Hee.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

On 2/20/2020 at 4:19 AM, LULUNNA said:

I think romance is overdone and cliche in Kdrama. Unless Kdrama decides go on fullblown Blue Valentine route of depicting how a pair of lover fall in love and then fall out of love by ending the marriage with a divorce paper, I think the trope Kdrama uses is cliche, often tedious. Especially in the writing of Ha Myung Hee.

I guess you just simple doesnt like romance drama. We cant do anything about it. Yes, HMH always put romance in her drama and we already can see the hint about it. So If you don't like romance drama, then this drama simple not for you. Its ok, I skip some of my bias drama too. :blush:

10 hours ago, Reiz said:

With Bogum, I think it's a risk worth taking for her. Most of his dramas had a great rating, probably he's one of the best actor that Sodam has ever paired with, in dramas so far. 

Hai @Reiz happy to see PSD fan with positive vibes in this forum. 

Thanks for believe in PBG. Actually PBG never work with big writer or the best writer before (except reply 1988). I even can say the prev writer of his last drama is worst than HMH. :sweatingbullets: but Encounter end up doing well. 

Just what @mellinadear said all PBG fans is worried too. But we want to be more positive. 

We just get a news about script reading, so it will be better to spread positivity about this drama. Predict this drama will be flop Its too cruel.

For our bias let's just cheer them together and pray for the best. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Do people really scared for rating with Park bo gum and park so dam drama????

Really???

One is a really popular actor that had consecutive success drama and one just won a freaking oscar.

Bruh except if the plotline is boring af and the drama.is so bad the rating would be just fine. 

If the plotline boring then i guess it will be like encounter. Peak early and then decline. If the drama is good then it will grow like love in the moonlight. 

Everybody wish they got PBG and PSD in their drama lol that easily 5%+ rating at minimum with 10%+ on reach.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

2c05bd400508ac185bbe0bf3d701cd25.jpg

ctto

Being a Bogum fan one thing I always reminded of him is his being so OPTIMISTIC. Not gonna say here all justifications and history of him being a positive person but let me borrow his dialogue during R88 auditioned/interviewed below. 

IMG-20200222-103353.jpg

IMG-20200222-103344.jpg

ctto

So chingudeul, not gonna elaborate it, the message is already there even within the qoute.  :innocent:

"Youth Records Fighting"

"Record of Youth Fighting"

@gumtaekabsolutely right. Improvement is always a possibility. Given that the leads have powerful background in d industry, surely PD AGH and SW HMH will do their best to make the drama more strenghtened and appealing. 

@Samuel Yohanes that rating percentage isn't bad for a cable drama but we will hope for more. :thumbsup:

@Reiz it's a happy feeling that  one Sodam fan has a happy heart and positive vibes on this drama. Keep on believing to what Sodam-ssi can do. Keep that spirit girl. :heart:

And we Bogum fans @gumtaek, @rahma92, @Dreams, @BogumNoona , @aintnodrama , @mellinadear even

having the same fear BUT we shall put that aside and keep on being POSITIVE and support this drama all the way to the end until its wrap-up  party :lol::D:lol:.

@Jillia  Yes to that. I am so happy,  thankful and grateful that Bogum has taken a drama project now with a big bonus having Sodam as female lead bc she's also one of my favorite young actress. Plus Wooseok, ohhh, daebak trio. Thanks for the advise. :heart:

@Jillia

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Park Sodam in her Elle Korea interview talks about the drama.

" It has a lot of stories about how the young people live these days. Since I have two younger brothers, I feel a lot of difficulties from my young friends. It's not easy to find a job and discover your dream after graduating from college. The story that the writer was talking about was very realistic."

https://www.elle.co.kr/article/44962

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Park Sodam in her Elle Korea interview talks about the drama.

" It has a lot of stories about how the young people live these days. Since I have two younger brothers, I feel a lot of difficulties from my young friends. It's not easy to find a job and discover your dream after graduating from college. The story that the writer was talking about was very realistic."

Thank you for sharing the article. :)

I just finished watching one of her previous drama which didn't end well, Beautiful Mind. Maybe now I can understand why some of her fans are scared that she's back to small screen. The actors in Beautiful Mind did a great job. The romance is not really a problem, imo. It's just simply a poorly written script overall. 

There were too many unrealistic things, even tho it's a medical drama which supposed to have a lot of scientifical facts. It's like, the scriptwriter have no idea about what he was doing. Medical drama is very risky, I even wonder why this kind of genre exist in kdrama world.

But according to what Sodam said, Record of Youth seems realistic and alot of people can relate with it. It's the kind of drama that I'm hoping for. I think she made a right decision choosing this kind of drama. Lets hope the scriptwriter does his job well :)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Please don't think negatively about the script, the love line, or the ratings. We only read about the synopsis in few sentences so we can't judge anything yet. I believe the actor and actress just chose this drama because they believed the PD, the writer, and of course the script. To be honest, ratings is just a bonus for me. I watched a lot of dramas with good plot but didn't have good ratings (Secret Forest is the example. They only had about 3-5% ratings in average with the highest one was 6%). Well, a good drama is not judged by the ratings but I do agree that a successful drama is judged by ratings. 

And about the writers, I never saw her drama before so I can't say anything but I believe that not every writer can always have a successful and good project (I separate them because like I said before successful drama doesn't mean it's good and a good one doesn't always have high ratings). So hopefully this time she will write a good script. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

For Ha Myung-hee's work, I only watched Doctors. I think the story is good. The romance is ok. The first 3 episodes were amazing and heartbreaking. But after that it slowly went downhill. Except when theres a patient with interesting / heartbreaking background. Medical drama relies on that.

One funny thing about Doctors, theres a moment near the ending where viewers might take a sudden turn and rooting for the second female lead instead of the first female lead. Park Shin-hye's character in the drama captured viewers's heart at the beginning, but became kinda unlikeable at the end, bcus of the script, not her acting. Now I like Lee Sung-kyung's character more than Park Shin-hye's. Maybe Ha Myung-hee wanted to say something like, the heroine is not always good, and the antagonist is not always bad, bcus all humans have both good and bad side.

Overall Ha Myung-hee managed to bring balance to the story of Doctors. The romance, the issues at the hospital, personal issues of the lead characters, etc. So I'm quite optimistic for the script for Record of Youth. 

I just don't want Park Sodam's character in this drama to become like Park Shin-hye's character in Doctors, lol. I know Park Sodam is still fresh from Parasite as Jessica, smart girl who seems kinda selfish and doesn't care about others. But Sodam can be a very bright girl, if the script told her to. 

• Like 4