Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

I watched ep10 again. I think the reason why JH didn’t joined HJ after he won becoz it’s too risky for them I think she sensed something in the dressing room scene. I think she wanted HJ to have some time with his family. She callled him once maybe to inform him but manager minjae has his phone the whole time. I love how she looked at his family from a far with adoring eyes yet a sense of i wish i could be there too. She’s not self-centered like JiAh. Speaking of JiAh, how pathetic it was that she called HJ twice while the real girlfriend only called once. Hahahahahahaha. :grimace:

as for haehyo and jeongha, HH was the only one who insisted on the getaway scene and knowing JH, she always keeps her promises and also she felt bad for HH not winning the rookie award. PLUS, JH is a responsible person that’s why she needed to comfort HH. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Silent lurker n regular follower here.  Annyeong, welcome to the thread  chingu.    had to get this off my chest abt ep 11 n 12.. do let me know your thoughts if you guys perceived thes

I have so many thoughts about this drama, but I will just hone in on the most important.   The biggest underlying theme in this drama is CLASS.    From the very beginning, everyone

This confession scene will now be one of my favorite romantic moments in dramas because it was so raw and felt so real. And because it was true to Hye Jun’s character. He has always been a straightfor

8 hours ago, BogumNoona said:

Hide contents

PARENTING

It interesting how the parental structure in Korea, as presented in this drama, play out the same despite class.

In both HH and HJ family the fathers want result from their sons. I want them to be productive, self-supporting members of the society and seem to be paying less attention to they emotional/psychological lives. The mothers are more in tuned with supporting their children in realizing their dreams. One has more resources to offer logistical support and the other offer emotional support. Both mothers act as buffers between their sons and their fathers' demands for quick results.

Super agree with this. HJ father is afraid of him to be like his grandpa that failed in everything while HH father wanted his son to be an academician like him but denied by the wife. They both have their own fear and want but these sons are not the by-product of the life they feared or wanted of. 

While these two fathers are the most to hate in this world,  JH's Appa is the best. Although she saw growing up how her Eomma depreciated her Appa but because Appa is soft and always using good words to her, her affections to her dad didn't tarnish. With that,  I totally understand JH. 

Both fathers have negative examples in their lives that they are afraid of their sons following.

HJ's father fear him becoming like his grandfather.

Last episode, HH's mother said to her husband that her husband feared HH turning out like his uncle, HH's father older brother.

Unfortunately both men are letting their fears suppress their love and support.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

ROY chingus,  what do you think of these scenes?  I think the bedroom scene we are all waiting has been finalized here at Ep9 after the rain dance.

JH: "That day, we flipped a page of our youth."

Did this mean they already made the bedroom scene because that figurative dialogue meant they took to another level their relationship and that included physical and sexual contact.

What you all think? :criesariver:

Spoiler

IMG-20201007-205121.jpg

IMG-20201007-205125.jpg

IMG-20201007-205130.jpg

IMG-20201007-205132.jpg

3 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

I watched ep10 again. I think the reason why JH didn’t joined HJ after he won becoz it’s too risky for them I think she sensed something in the dressing room scene. I think she wanted HJ to have some time with his family. She callled him once maybe to inform him but manager minjae has his phone the whole time. I love how she looked at his family from a far with adoring eyes yet a sense of i wish i could be there too. She’s not self-centered like JiAh. Speaking of JiAh, how pathetic it was that she called HJ twice while the real girlfriend only called once. Hahahahahahaha. :grimace:

Couple in a relationship should know also how to make boundaries so they won't choke each other. I commend her decision not to go to family affairs since she has not been introduced formally by HJ to the family. 

As for JiA I hope I don't see her in the next episodes because she really annoys me. The nerve to tell and remind HJ that she was the one dumped HJ because her pride is being stepped on. 

A shameless woman who hurt HJ in the past twice and on that particular moment she kept on reminding HJ their old past. Past is past. Done. 

as for haehyo and jeongha, HH was the only one who insisted on the getaway scene and knowing JH, she always keeps her promises and also she felt bad for HH not winning the rookie award. PLUS, JH is a responsible person that’s why she needed to comfort HH. 

Agree chingu. HH really needs JH's comfort at that time but I can see in JH that she is just trying to make him alleviate his spirits and self-esteem. I don't feel a spark between them although it's a one sided feeling. 

I hope HH won't complicate things because he knows also that even his parents won't approve JH so he better finds a woman that suits their family. 

On a different note,  I always cry and feel sad whenever JH's family life is on the screen. :cries:

Don't worry JeongHa, HyeJun and Appa are there to comfort and help you. 

Both of them keep on growing maturely. It's a positive relationship if that's the case. She even accepted Appa's financial help. She relied on HJ's approval which signifies that HJ is really an important person in her life. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

I am loving Lee Hi's OST. Her calming and soothing voice adds something more to the storytelling.

-----

Also, I would like to note that when we talk about Charlie Jung's death, please be mindful of your language. "Committed suicide" sounds like he did something wrong. "Died by suicide" is preferred because it opens up the conversation about suicide which is a sensitive topic to some. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
On 10/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, LRM11219311 said:

I watched ep10 again. I think the reason why JH didn’t joined HJ after he won becoz it’s too risky for them I think she sensed something in the dressing room scene. I think she wanted HJ to have some time with his family. She callled him once maybe to inform him but manager minjae has his phone the whole time.

I didn't like Jeong Ha's behavior: Are you going to sing and eat with another man and don't even think about leaving your boyfriend, on one of the most important nights of his life, a congratulatory message? How can she be so naïve that she doesn't realize she could hurt him?  I make a prediction of dark times for our couple. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, frances said:

I didn't like Jeong Ha's behavior: Are you going to sing and eat with another man and don't even think about leaving your boyfriend, on one of the most important nights of his life, a congratulatory message? How can she be so naïve that she doesn't realize she could hurt him?  I make a prediction of dark times for our couple. 

I respect your POV in that situation :) 

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록