[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have so many thoughts about this drama, but I will just hone in on the most important.   The biggest underlying theme in this drama is CLASS.    From the very beginning, everyone

Silent lurker n regular follower here.  Annyeong, welcome to the thread  chingu.    had to get this off my chest abt ep 11 n 12.. do let me know your thoughts if you guys perceived thes

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Wondering why there are less people in this thread.... hmm...how is the show doing domestically in korean market?

With your help, the thread can move faster.:)

"Record of Youth' ranked 1st consistently in terms of ratings among TV shows and dramas in the same time slot in both terrestial and cable channels. It has topped the Buzzworthy ranking for dramas and actors, i.e. Park Bo Gum, with Park So Dam in the Top 10. It topped the Content Power Index for the Most Influential TV Show and Park Bo Gum ranked 1st in the Brand Reputation Index for Drama Actors for September 2020. It has also achieved the highest worldwide ranking on Netflix for a Korean drama, 4TH place for Ep. 10.

Also much of the discussion is on Twitter and IG. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2
35 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

: Hae Hyo's words to his Mom of possibly betraying her in the future, said in half jest, could be a foreshadowing of that. 

I wonder who is this uninvited person who will come to Sa Hye Jun's aid? Any guess?

Why do i feel it’s Ji-Ah again?! She’s always the uninvited guest to Sa Hye Jun’s life. :rage:what if Haehyo “suggest” to get help from jiah to lowkey ruin what hyejun and jeongha have? Just maybe. 

• Like 3

There is a new script.:blush:

I wonder if the uninvited aide is one of his bosses in his part-time jobs or it could be the one assisting Charlie Jung in his fashion news who knew of Charlie Jung's unrequited love for Sa Hye Jun.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
6 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Wondering why there are less people in this thread.... hmm...how is the show doing domestically in korean market?

I checked the ratings of this drama, its doing pretty good domestically. The ratings are actually very stable and is currently the highest for its airing slot.

Plus its also available on netflix so there are plenty of more viewers. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_of_Youth

check the viewership section, it is updated the next day after an episode aired. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

8 hours ago, gumtaek said:

I wonder who is this uninvited person who will come to Sa Hye Jun's aid? Any guess?

I wonder if it will be one of Hye Jun’s sunbae, someone who’s respectable and admired in the industry who can squash all doubts about Hye Jun’s character and reputation. 

The writer has a knack for incorporating surprises into the drama so I’m looking forward to finding out what else is in store. 

One of my wishlist would be a reconciliation between Hye Jun and his dad. Their relationship is that of a typical patriarchal family but I have no doubt he was just as proud and happy for Hye Jun’s success. He just doesn’t know how to express it outwardly. It would be fun if he could overcome that and maybe be one of the members of “Sa Hye Jun All The Way” fan club :cutekitty: 

4 hours ago, Thirtysvn37 said:

how is the show doing domestically in korean market?

It is doing well ratings-wise, steadily holding its numbers and even rising in the latest episode. 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

I m sure that Hye Jun will reconcile with his Appa, @touchthesky99. But I also think that Hye Jun needs to receive a proper apology from him for the reconciliation to take place.

There are a lot of positive reviews about the drama from TV Critics. Unfortunately none of the sites, i.e. Soompi, AllKpop, KStarlive, Koreaboo get to translate these. If not for the fans who translate Naver articles and tweet these, i-fans wouldn't have an idea of how the drama is received in SK.

A case in point are the rave reviews the saguek sub-plot in EPs 9-10., "The Return of the King" received from netizens, specifically Park Bo Gum's acting and PD Ahn Gil Ho's directing.They praised how the "drama within a drama segment was well-executed, asking Bogummy to do another saguek drama when he comes back from the military and for PD Ahn Gil Ho to

Spoiler

direct Secret of Forest 3.:blush:

• Like 6

@touchthesky99 that would be a beautiful ending. I think now hye-jun's dad is low key proud of his son already, but he is still too proud to admit it.

Which is very realistic, SK is still pretty conservative with regard to professions, so parents who came from older generation stil generally prefers their kids to take on regular jobs.

@gumtaek yup the drama is doing well, it even reached 10% ratings last week which is quite rare for dramas these days. But I think there arent really that much hype internationally because RoY doesnt focus mainly on the romance. Romance Kdrama usually does well internationally, but the domestic market actually prefers other genre.

• Like 6

@gumtaekTrue. Hye Jun was treated unfairly by his dad. It takes a mature outlook and a lot of courage to admit one’s mistake and ask for forgiveness. 

I had the same reaction on the sageuk scenes. I do hope there will be a collaboration between PD Ahn and Bo Gum when he returns from military.

Spoiler

PD Ahn is on my radar now (His work in Memories of the Alhambra was good too).

@Thirtysvn37 it’s understandable as sometimes the older generation knows how tough it is out there. Being a celebrity is “seasonal” in a sense. Once they pass a certain age, they need to have built a solid foundation in their career to keep going as they get older.

This thought came to mind:

Spoiler

The storyline has similar “jealous” “antis” attacking Hye Joon now that he is a top star. Must be the price of being popular. 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

@Thirtysvn37: I would consider the Netflix worldwide rankings and the fact that it tops Netflix ranking in many countries all over the world as enough hype. If by hype you refer to whether or not it trends, it does but I am not able to monitor those and post it in the thread. @Sakurafairy has posted those in the thread.

In terms of hype in this drama thread, I admit that it could have more hype by having more joining the drama discussion.:)

• Like 5
8 hours ago, gumtaek said:

With your help, the thread can move faster.:)

"Record of Youth' ranked 1st consistently in terms of ratings among TV shows and dramas in the same time slot in both terrestial and cable channels. It has topped the Buzzworthy ranking for dramas and actors, i.e. Park Bo Gum, with Park So Dam in the Top 10. It topped the Content Power Index for the Most Influential TV Show and Park Bo Gum ranked 1st in the Brand Reputation Index for Drama Actors for September 2020. It has also achieved the highest worldwide ranking on Netflix for a Korean drama, 4TH place for Ep. 10.

Also much of the discussion is on Twitter and IG. 

Spoiler

@LRM11219311

Hahaha,  chingu Soompi Forum isn't that popular these days,  Jang Haven,  Ahjumamssies,  DramBeans and many forums are out there. There are so many choices. This is just my pov - those that I saw with soompi before are active in those forums now. Don't know also the reasons about that. Plus, soompi has been so strict with every issue arises, maybe that particular thing is others don't want but for me I like it that being strict. Hahaha,  experience that so much before. 

I don't think soompi has anything to do with the drama's popularity because if you observe in sns, especially on Twitter,  the drama is always trending after its airing. IG and YT are also doing best. It has been #1 in Good Data for the whole month of Sept. This just first week of Oct it went to #2. 

Well I come here just for the compilation of the drama updates and if I get bored in times I go back again to first page and start reading it like how history books are for me. This serves me as the history book of Record of Youth the same way those that drama that I supported before. So I come here to enjoy that privilege that there are diligent people who are saving this and that for its historical bg and its purposes. 

:heartxoxo:

True, @gumtaek Twitter has the main haven in discussion of the drama. Fans want their emotions to know by the world and get trended. 

Spoiler

Ohh,  PD Ahn Gil Ho pls direct Stranger S3. Off-topic but I like how the cinematic effect of S1 than S2. Fans out there said that. :D

:approves:

tvN updates 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Are there forums in other places? I thought the threads here seem to move a lot more slowly compared to last time. 

I love theswoonnetflix on instagram. They do nice comparisons over there. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF_d593J-X4/?utm_source=ig_embed

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFjjtWNJETA/?utm_source=ig_embed

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFTsw_ipFRZ/?utm_source=ig_embed

Also, anyone guessing who is the one taking the photos of HyeJun? I think that part when he entered Jeongha's house after his filming. Who do you think sent for it? The reporter or Tae-Su from A-June entertainment? 

Btw I love how he so clearly drew the line between himself and Ji-A....that's the way to just clearly respectfully reject a clingy ex-gf. 

Edited by Jillia
Unfortunately due to court rulings we're not permitted to embedd IG links!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

Twitter has the main haven in discussion of the drama. Fans want their emotions to know by the world and get trended. 

Spoiler

Aaaaah so this explains it then. I see people prefer to use Twitter or IG for this purpose. So the trend on social media plus the high ratings domestically means it is doing well. Would it be safe to assume that the ratings on Netflix is a gauge for international audience as well? I guess having active discussions in a forum nowadays is not really an indication of whether one likes a show or not :) 

Personally, just like what @Sakurafairy said, I find Soompi to be a more comfortable haven for discussion than the other sites. I think it’s the vibe of the people here. And I also like that we have a curated info of the drama here. It’s my go-to site for everything related to K dramas.

I love the new OST :wub: reminds me of our sweet OTP

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Curious to know what kind of plant is Hye Hun holding.The name is China Doll Plant:mrgreen:

IMG-20201012-120051.jpg

This one is the place where the ROY couple went to and prayed. - The Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of Namyang. If you are curious and want to go to after this pandemic has left us. :)

IMG-20201012-114038.jpg

http://www.namyangmaria.org/index_en.htm

In addition, interest in 'youth records' has led to curiosity about the filming location. Baegot Hanul Park and Namyang St. Mary's Castle are mentioned as filming locations for'Youth Records'. In addition, netizens are also continuing their interest in the location of historical drama scenes and hospital scenes that appeared in'Youth Records'.

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=838812

For the hospital name, I don't have the info yet. 

29 minutes ago, skyenugget said:

Also, anyone guessing who is the one taking the photos of HyeJun? I think that part when he entered Jeongha's house after his filming. Who do you think sent for it? The reporter or Tae-Su from A-June entertainment? 

Btw I love how he so clearly drew the line between himself and Ji-A....that's the way to just clearly respectfully reject a clingy ex-gf. 

Dear,  please don't use IG posts because it was posted here before that there is some law restrictions in embedding IG  at this time. Thanks. :wub:

I bet it is also from Lee Tae Soo's people. They want to destroy HJ. In entertainment industry fans get to be jealous that's why agencies keep their artists' relationships in low profile. If this relationship discloses there may be antis that will cause ruckus. 

I also commend JH for that. I hope HJ will help to heal her emotional baggage/s because there are some people that give positive synergy on us. 

• Like 7
31 minutes ago, skyenugget said:

THIS!! I agree 100% chingu.
Hye Jun’s no nonsense rejection of Ji-A was the only way to do it. She would have persisted and continued to annoy Hye Jun if he showed any kind of empathy towards her. 

8 minutes ago, BogumNoona said:

Curious to know what kind of plant is Hye Hun holding.The name is China Doll Plant:mrgreen:

That’s such a cute name for a plant. It fits well as a description for Jeong Ha - she is so cute she is like a doll sometimes when I look at her. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록