[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

it seems that Hye Jun and Jung Ha talked about what color to wear each time they see each other after agreeing to be in a relationship. Color coordinated!

1. after Grandpa's photoshoot (yellow)

HJ-and-JA-4.png

2. Movie date (blue/denim)

HJ-and-JA-1-2.png

3. Piano park (white)

HJ-and-JA-1-3.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Uri Jeongha!  So fresh,  young and so kyeopta. :wub:

@Sodamssi @Nur Nuri

Still No.1 on Netflix Japan

Spoiler

No.2 on Netflix Vietnam

Spoiler

No.1 on Netflix HongKong

Spoiler

Korean and International fans are really doing their parts to maintain Record of Youth in the top ten. Job well done K and Ifans. :approves:

Stills

Spoiler

120033250-735707060340900-41240035617900

120064029-151234953337341-45344371839936

120129151-2857769647791693-7656161965762

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Dispatch Article

Worth posting here in full. We may be a bit gloomy with the domestic rating of Episode 6 but this is our answer. B) 

:cutekitty:

"A jackpot march"... 'Youth Record' ranked #1 on Netflix in 9 Asian countries

tvN's'Youth Record' has become a huge topic in Asia beyond its popularity in Korea. 

'Youth Record' is a work that contains the growth records of youth who are striving to achieve their dreams and love without despair against the walls of reality. In addition to tvN, it is being simultaneously serviced in 190 countries around the world through Netflix. 

Actors Park Bo-gum (playing Sa Hye-jun) and Park So-dam (playing Ahn Jeong-ha)'s heart-throbbing romance unfolds in earnest and becomes more popular. Thanks to the high-density play and the good performance of actors, the ratings are also rising little by little. 

In the midst of this, good news came. 'Youth Record' was ranked first in nine Asian countries on the 24th. Including Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Thailand ranked the top 10. 

Interestingly, even in China, which has not been officially aired, the momentum of the drama is not unusual.  According to Pan Entertainment on the 23rd, the OST of'Youth Record' is recording good results on QQ Music, China's largest music streaming platform. 

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2105012#_enliple

Spoiler

@gumtaek posted this news here and on Twitter. :wub:

tvN updates on twitter

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

To provided an extended version of the article posted by @SakuraFairy yesterday. A TV critic review of "Record of Youth".

Kim Sun-young, a TV critic

Who can represent the youth of the present age? This question, which had been difficult to answer for some time, was answered by this year's dramas JTBC's "Itaewon Class," and tvN's "Record of Youth".

Both films are a challenge to the dreams of young people. In the 2010s, "dirt spoons" became a representative keyword that shows the poverty and despair of young people of our time, along with the term "N-Generation." However, the reason why "Itaewon Class" and "Record of Youth" are interesting is that they look into the wounds of young people which cannot be explained simply by the sorrow of the class gap. It's a matter of self-esteem. What bothers today's youth most is the vast world of gas lighting (i.e., a manipulation tactic used to gain power) which limits other possibilities of life and ignores even dignity apart from the poor reality itself.

In "Record of Youth," Hye-jun, who wants to become an actor, is more hurt by the words of the world that ignore him than by the class barriers. Hye-joon's words, "You can do well without competition and without stepping on others," are dismissed as "deceptive." Even his manager, who supports him, advises him to face the weight of reality. "If you're not born with anything, you have to live in poverty for the rest of your life. It's not getting better. People in their 20s have a fantasy that they can dream and achieve. But smart kids realize it in their 20s: Let's make more money than hold fast to a dream we can't achieve." But Hye-jun's answer was "I'll keep what I want to protect."

This feature is also found in Ahn Jung-ha (Park So-dam), Hye-jun's lover and friend. She leaves the company and walks the path of a stylist (...) but is constantly hindered by the so-called workplace  hierarchy (...)

The decisive factor in the attraction of wounded Jung-ha and Hye-jun was the moment when they told each other, "You're special." The most important thing to them is self-esteem. They can survive poverty but they cannot withstand anyone trampling on their dignity.

Itaewon Class and Record of Youth show that the only weapon left for young people who have little is self-esteem. The two dramas will likely be remembered for a long time as dramas that showed faces of actors shouting "I will live as myself" to the world which admonishes everyone to pursue money rather than dreams.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

I find myself keep refreshing this topic hoping to see new posts about ROY. I guess I'm obsessed with ROY already. 

Normally I grow tired of a drama after ep 10-12 (e.g apply to the latest drama I've watched is "It's OK to be NOK"). 

I really hope it's not the case for ROY. I'm still very much interested in what will happen.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Tvn updates on Twitter 

Spoiler

:approves:

Record of Youth official IG updated photos

IMG-20200926-142837.jpg

IMG-20200926-142859.jpg

Spoiler

120094640-262620121584042-82011214160975

120149717-461315894825884-70640860253582

120236290-1080848332329634-7486352858716

IMG-20200926-142847.jpg

Thanks @gumtaekfor the English trans. I sent my email already. :wub:

Btw,  I got so interested to know what's the critic's verdict and I tried to trans some of the comments using Google photo trans. They are quite positive. Here are some comments:

Spoiler

Zeen 2 hours ago:

Wow, you and I have similar expectations. I think it's the beauty of a fantasy drama based on reality that reflects the youth of 2030. After the sixth episode, After the 6th episode, Hye-jun is only looking for success. 

jj • 2 hours ago:

Park Bo-gum Visual is also visual, but he is acting so well that he is in the middle of shooting.

Love 2 hours ago:

I saw Park Bo-gum coming out, and the story is fun. I really want to show him how successful he is in the drama. I think that'll be a vicarious satisfaction.

16 Lia Ging 2 hours ago :

I started watching the drama as Park Bo Gum came out, but it seems like the drama I'm getting into the more I watch it. I really want to see Hye-jun, who plays Park Bo-gum, succeed.

Marissa L. 3 hours ago:

I'm enjoying youth record. I'm reading comments by Jeong Deok-hyun. I'm so happy to see this video. I read the drama well, sympathizing with what you wrote when you were my boyfriend. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Hyejun's dream will come true. I'm curious. I'm rooting for Hyejun and Jungha. I can't wait until the end of the sixth episode. 

Another trans:

Youth record is fun and immersed in watching, and critic Jeong Deok-hyun is also watching the writings, but it's a very nice and sympathetic video.  I read the writings that I wrote when I was my boyfriend in the drama and read them well.  I'm also very excited and curious about the growth period for Hyejun Sa's dream to come true, and I support Hyejun and Jungha.  The lingering lingering until the ending of the 6th episode is so big. 

35 Love 2 hours ago I watched it because I heard Park Bo-gum was coming out, but the story is fun. I really want to show him how successful he is in the drama so that I can be satisfied with his acting.

ljs9514 lee. 3 hours agot:

Thank you. Let's cheer together.

ID 21 Kim Eunmi 2 hours ago: Eunmi Jung Deokhyun. I enjoyed your comment  on youth record. The drama "Youth Record" is something different and it's a new drama. 

Choi Sung-eun, 15, is really into the real world. If I don't see you become a superstar, I'll be really sad.

bgm happy. 2 hours ago:

I am also immersed in the youth record. I'm always reading comments from critic Jung Duk-hyun. I'm looking forward to a successful youth record. 

12 min young lee. 2 hours ago m Park Bo Gum came out and started watching it, but I was so fascinated by Sa Hye-jun that I'm watching while cheering him on. It will remain a good drama that gives hope and support to young people in need. I watch Park Bogum no matter what

Lee Kyung-hee  · 1hour ago: I support Hye-jun's youth with the same mind. 

moon sun 2hours ago:

I wish Hye-jun and Ahn Jung-ha the dreams come true!!! They are still very well-off, but I hope they do better in the drama. These days, everything is hard, but I can get healing and courage from watching their youth records.

Ji m • 2 hours ago:

I am also looking at the youth record and I feel the same way as critic Jung Duk-hyun said. I hope the drama goes well.

28 Gummy Bear • 2 hours ago Youth Record Park Bo-gum Unknowingly, I cheer with all my heart! I enjoy your review of the drama. ~ Cheer up!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Eng Sub Part 1 and 2 of Interview with Hyejoon's family. So grateful to this account for diligently translating BTS of ROY

Spoiler

ROY ranking on Netflix worldwide as of 2020.09.26

FanArt

Spoiler

The song that Hyejoon sang in the ending of Episode6. Available on Spotify. It's an original song of "Sweden Laundry" and "Choi Baek Ho".

Spoiler

The book Hyejoon scanned in the library. 

Spoiler

Rough trans of the two pics. 

Screenshot-20200926-205839.jpg

Screenshot-20200926-205825.jpg

• Love 3

This article is worth posting here. 

ARTICLE TITLE : [Opinion] tvN's "Youth"Records" Painting the youth of this era. [TV/Drama]

Every youth deserves to be recorded.

20200926145115-fxbypwod.jpg

There is a drama that moved my mind these days. It is tvN's monthly drama "Youth Record'.

"Youth Records" is a drama starring Park Bo-gum and Park So-dam, and tells the story of the youth of Sa Hye-jun (Park Bo-gum), a long-time aspiring entertainer, and Ahn Jung-ha (Park So-dam), who came out of a large company and took a new step as a makeup artist.

From the first episode, "Youth Records" delivered a strong message to young people: "We're on your side."

"It's a problem for the swindler. Is it a problem for the victim? That's the kind of view that gives indulgence to crooks. That's a secondary offense." - Sa Hye-jun

"I don't want to love, I want to have feelings." "You live mainly on you. South Korea is too family-oriented." - Ahn Jeong-ha

With only a few lines appearing in the first episode, the drama opened the hearts of young people.

Changing times. And amidst the confusion of values,  the determined attitude of the protagonists comforts the suffering that they have all experienced at least once. 

While standing on the side of young people, 'Youth Records' does not forget to reach out for reconciliation between generations.

The background setting for why Hyejun's family is forcing such tight and frustrating choices and not trying to listen to Hyejun's story is solid. Since the generation of parents has no choice but to judge by the experiences they have experienced, it is natural that their communication method does not work with the generations of children.

On the contrary, Hye-jun's childhood friend Hae-hyo, who is commonly referred to as a gold spoon, wants to succeed entirely with his abilities, but is stressed by his mother who does not deviate from the scope of his life. Haehyo's shock will also be unimaginable when he finds out that the big and small achievements he has achieved were not because of his own efforts.

I once heard the saying, "The way to get along with your parents is to disappoint them as soon as possible." It sounds ridiculous, but the moment when parents and children separate their lives, that is, the moment they acknowledge the difference, was accepted as the beginning of a healthy relationship.

As the common family conflict became universal and newly interpreted, the sympathy of the drama doubled.

The characters in this drama are not dazed in front of people who trample and ignore their rights.

Young people of this era instinctively know that the story of'latte' that the older generation talks about is an excuse for the present absurdity. And the characters of the drama go through the frustration of not being able to face it even though they know it.

In fact, "celebrity" can be said to be a special occupation, but the conflicts, worries, and relationships that appear in the drama represent the lives of all young adults seeking their dreams.

These days, when no choice is stable and you are forced to be swayed by the countless voices around you, it is even more important to make a choice for yourself, not for others.

It seems that 'Youth Records' tells us that the lives of all youth are worth recording in times when the lives of young people are unstable and difficult and enough to designate 'Youth Day' for the first time this year .

I hope that young people will take care of their present happiness to the extent that they are selfish even in the midst of endlessly shrinking and falling down.

"You ruined my precious moment. How many pleasant moments are without thinking..."

This is the line Sa Hye-jun made to her friends in the second episode of 'Youth Records. ' After graduating from college, I think many people will sympathize with this line. I dare say this. You can still smile immaturely.

The'youth' in the youth record is more meaningful because it expresses the instability felt by Hye-jun's grandfather,'Sa Min-ki'. The grandfather, who is unable to have a proud position in the house because of past events, is unable to move around the house freely because he is wary of his family. 

With the elderly population increasing but the economically active population not doing so, I wonder if this grandfather's appearance is the future we tried to ignore. Youth, for all's sake, should not be limited to an era.

What we need right now isn't just success. It is a message that it is okay to get nothing after working hard. We need something to prove that running to our best, that alone makes our youth meaningful. Proof that all youth are worth recording. Therefore, I look forward to more content that the drama'Youth Records' will talk about in the future.

https://www.artinsight.co.kr/m/page/view.php?no=49981#link_guide_netfu_64709_77360

Some comments:

1. I fell in love with the drama and was searching for it, and I read an article that I sympathized with. 'To run to the fullest, we need something to prove that our youth is meaningful with just that. Every youth is a proof that it's worth recording.' That makes me think more about the message of this drama. 

2. Thank you for your careful attention to your youth records.

3. I'm an old youth who is being consoled by the youth record. I just felt that good work, good content, good composition, and good writing were good, but I feel like my soul's thirst is relieved because of good writing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

A few thoughts..

HJ as a character is so rich and full-bodied. I keep thinking about the moment when he finally tracked down MJ and found out how his old manager ruined his opportunity to get the mini-series. He didn't go off the deep end. He didn't get angry with MJ, he was resolved that it remains a lesson moving forward. He was precise and honest with MJ about stepping up and taking the job of being a manger/agent more seriously because of how dog-eat-dog the industry can be. His character has dealt with some harsh realities, crushing disappointments and the reality of his position in life and in the entertainment world. So wise beyond his years.

This drama should be a wake-up call to a lot of young dreamers and up and comers in Korea how it takes more than talent and looks to truly make it. HH has a manager and a bigger company behind him, but without his mother's interference he would not be as far as he is. I am glad MJ got betrayed by the old manager because she really needed a wake up call. Now she has some fire in her because she knows how fleeting some of these opportunities can be. As far as the old manager, I just don't understand his vitriol. Even when HJ was still at his agency, he treated him like crap. Why does it seem like so many people saw HJ's magic and wanted to immediately take advantage of him? Even that designer guy was like that. 

As far as his friendship with HH, I feel like HH knows that he isn't as talented (or as good-looking) as HJ, but he's rich and has a tiger mom behind him so he is riding this wave out. But him all of a sudden falling for JH is too much. She doesn't even like him like that and never did. He needs to realize he can't have everything, nor can he TAKE everything that he really wants from HJ. The family dynamic is brutal. I like HJ's grandfather the most, he's so sweet and supportive. I can also deal with his mom, I just wish she wasn't so clueless about HH's family. But his father can kick rocks to the moon, and the brother too. The level of napoleon complex, jealousy, anger and selfishness is exhausting. 

JH and HJ are up against outside forces they don't even know about yet. I hope they are resilient enough and strong minded enough to deal with it all. I feel like these two are fated in a lot of ways, unfortunately life is never just easy.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Tvn supposed to be change the title of this drama. From record of youth to be "Record of Park Bogum" 

The title "Record of Park Bogum" is suit with the whole story of this drama 

Start of preview and screentime, park bogum was dominate too much. Yeah i know the reason is because he is top actor. TVN love him so much :tears:

Few times ago i hope there will be justice to park sodam screentime. But now, i stop it. There is no justice to sodam :confused:

• Unamused 1
  • Sad 2