[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

FanArt

The Jjamppong Entertainment 

Appa,  eomma and hye joon

This one is so LOVELY. 

@Nodame, thank you for the shared insights. I enjoy reading it. 

Spoiler

Looking forward to next week's episodes! Next week cannot come fast enough! Fall is finally here in New England, sweater weather and pumpkin everything and apple cider! Yummy. Going to eat a pumpkin scone with my lunch today. Hehehe.

Enjoy what you are doing. Fall is getting colder so take care of yourself and let us taste your version of pumpkin scone. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

NAVER news article

News
'Youth Record' Calling Over-immersion Success Story of Park Bo-gum, the ugly duckling [TV Watch]
Can a Ugly Duckling Sa Hye-joon (Park Bo-gum) become a swan? Actor-wanted Sa Hye-joon's success is causing viewers to become overly immersed.

To describe the meaning of Sa Hye-jun in the family in one word, it was "unfortunate duckling." In the eyes of Sa Young-nam (Park Soo-young) and her older brother Sa Kyung-joon (Lee Jae-won), Sa Hye-joon was a person who had never achieved anything at that age because he believed in a handsome face and was in a dream. The two have always used abusive language to advise on life and to undermine their self-esteem.

Sa wasn't just hit inside the house. From Lee Tae-soo (played by Lee Chang-hoon), the president of a vicious agency that takes away the model guarantee, Charlie Jung (played by Lee Seung-jun) who said that he can't face reality when he refuses to sponsor, and top star Park Do-ha (played by Kim Gun-woo), who is abusing power. They directly insulted Sa and urged her to give up her dream.

When Sa Hye-jun, who was disappointed by the wall of reality, decided to join the military without achieving anything, an opportunity came from an unexpected place. The movie "Pyeongbeom," which chose Won Hae-hyo (played by Byun Woo-seok) in the casting race for "Awareness Difference-House Push Difference," has been offered a different role. Hye Jun was the third generation of a conglomerate that bullied Park Do-ha in the movie, which was about five scenes.

In the fourth episode of "Youth Records," which aired on September 15, Sa Hye-joon, who played the role very well, was depicted. Even the director acknowledged Sa's ability to interpret characters. When the flower road finally appeared in front of Sa Hye-jun, who had been struggling under the name of youth all along, viewers cheered for her, saying, "I felt catharsis when she played the role of a conglomerate," "Let's become a scene stealer," and "I really hope he becomes a top star." 

:wow1:

I await with pleasure the day when Hye Joon gets nominated for a Rookie Award or Best Actor and on the stage he'll receive it knowing his family especially his appa is in the crowd. The ugly duckling turns into a handsome and productive swan. 

:sparklyeyes:

Another NAVER article 

"Youth Record" Lee Jae-won, the first initiation at work... "real beginners in society"

51985-76370-5636.jpg

In tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama "Youth Records," which aired on the 15th, Sa Kyung-joon (played by Lee Jae-won) was called by his boss because he was mean to Sah Hae-joon (played by Park Bo-gum) at home, and because he was offended by the principle while serving customers at work.

"There's no way you didn't hear it," Sa Kyung-joon said to a customer who came to a loan consultation and said, "I've never heard of it without bringing documents. Among the documents to prepare, it was 'T.O.P.' He responded with a good smile, but soon he was called by his boss because he offended the customer.

Sagyeongjun, who was called by his boss, fired a unique fact bombing, saying, "I think we need principles rather than convergence." But he said, "Kidding...Why were you assigned to our team?" was sarcastic.

In response, Sa Kyung-joon said, "It's too insulting to ask you to listen, so maybe you said what you wanted to say to yourself under the pretext of talking to yourself." But he ended up saying, "Go back. Don't ever come again," he said, adding to his sullen appearance.

As such, Sa Kyung-joon is a recognized elite in the "Sa" family and is one of the most easy-to-study talents, but he is a new employee in his third month at work. Sa Kyung-joon, whose principle is more important than flexibility, thought he would do well in his social life, but quickly apologized for his boss's scolding as he was a beginner in society, showing his inherent sloppy side and even showing his anti-war charm.

It is expected that he will grow through the ups and downs he will experience at work in the future.

Meanwhile, "Youth Records" airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9 p.m.

http://www.marketnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=51985

I dread the day the bank will either fire him or transfer him to a place far from theirs as @Nodame stated in her post for not being able to  connect well to the clients. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Netflix Rank in South Korea 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, ㅋㅋㅋ said:

it's pretty satisfying to see some people online "won over" by this episode when they were, i guess, unsure about this drama before. if they were looking for impact, Hye jun's last scene was definitely ALL about impact and more...i mean PBG was just.... 

wahh this week ROY made me so happyyyyy. this show leaves me feeling sparkly and refreshed! 

HJ likes JA so much and it makes me wanna scream hahaha. 

the way he walked back and forth in his room while calling her to ask her out. his little smiles because of her and the electricity you feel that HE FEELS when he accidentally touches her hand or the look on his face whenever he finds her amusing or amazing.

!!!!!!! 

and i admire JA's determination to resist him. gaaaahhhhh. because this could really get messy like she said. i just love their dynamic so much. 

i love manager Min jae. i love Grandpa. i love HJ's mom. and i'm slowly getting intrigued by Hae hyo! i guess all this time he's been inaccessible to me, and i didn't want to trust the character yet.

This gif is for you chingu. 

savetweetvid-Ei-Cdj-1-Vg-Agajhb.gif

I agree with you that episode 4 won over many viewers' hearts because of these reasons: 

1. the race to victory of being an actor; 

2. the nth degree cuteness of our Park-Park Couple; 

3. the partnership of Minjae and Hyejoon (cheers to Jjamppong Entertainment Agency); 

4. the start of the movie Pyeong Beong wherein the PD likes Hyejun's acting and ad lib; 

5. the time where Hye Joon can get his revenge with Do Ha;  

6. AeSuk eomma's decision to support Hye Joon; 

6. and more. 

This episode is full of excitement and heart fluttering moments. I think I watched this at least 5 times already.  I never loose the original emotions I had after I watched it for the first time.  :cutekitty:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Netflix ranking

IMG-20200917-001540.jpg

IMG-20200917-001518.jpg

Rank 10 Worldwide

Rank #1 in HK,  Malaysia,  Philippines,  Singapore, South Korea,  Taiwan,  Thailand and Vietnam ( total of 8 countries)  

India, Nigeria, Oman,  Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE (Middle East)  were new countries added to the list that streamed it yesterday,  Sept 16.

As you all are saying and I'm also super agreeing that Episode 4 turned the table to success. 

Cheers to more victories of uri drama in the future episodes.

Let's be excited to what Seo Hyun Jin and Park Seo Joon's cameos will bring to the drama's success. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

I had so much making gifs for ROY episode 3-4 haha

The gifs (and my eps reaction) are here:

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2020/09/16/k-drama-reaction-record-of-youth-episodes-3-4/

Feel free to use them :D

(sorry, just popped up here on this thread so suddenly without saying hi! Annyeong y'all !!! :wub: I'm usually a lurker so don't mind me :sweatingbullets:)

record-of-youth-episode-4-ahn-jeongha-fa

I swear this "Is it this too close?" would be their thing! I wonder if they'll say it on their first kiss. kyaaaaa~

record-of-youth-episode-3-sa-hyejun-and-

record-of-youth-episode-3-sa-hyejun-and-

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, Nodame said:

Thanks for the back story of the senior model in Korea (his cameo) . I did not know about him. But he was FIERCE and def has character. He has a compelling face too. 

No problem! His wonderful cameo adds depth into the storytelling and I love that this drama blurs the line of reality and also brings up topics to change some inherent beliefs. Another great touch was the mention of the sponsorship and the not so glamorized life of a model. And in the recent ep was the awareness of cervical cancer. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Who can resist our cute and adorable Park-Park Couple! :wub: Their undeniable chemistry and synergy just blows you away! There are so many scenes focusing on our two main leads which makes episodes 3 & 4 such a delightful watch for me! :highonflowers:

The first two episodes were filled with many heartwarming as well as heart-wrenching scenes but the recent episodes this week were filled with all of the above and coupled with many lighthearted moments shared between Hye-Joon and Jung-Ha! I'm also loving the depth of their conversations which provides us with a greater insight on their perspectives about life and their perceptions of people and things which they value in their lives. :fullofhearts:

Sharing more gifs of our beautiful couple....:wub:

UkqBRDa.gif

NJQl95E.gif

61nXfr1.gif

Cr as tagged

Spoiler

Bk3W85F.gif

qVExR2y.gif

0QrGtUQ.gif

VObd4Ow.gif

dMiXV9N.gif

p7aP4Hg.gif

hOGdVeq.gif

LQdSLOt.gif

lY9cdm1.gif

Cr as tagged

Spoiler

IJcwE30.gif

7Zq2wyF.gif

CBc352s.gif

QYPsKvm.gif

HCMQwoG.gif

1GJ7TJ4.gif
Cr as tagged

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

So the first part of this drama that we’re watching is what happened in 2018 to hyejun, jeong ha, haehoon and others. So maybe in the second part it will be the present time 2020? Am i correct? What will happen to jeongha and hyejun then? I love this drama I can’t wait for mon and tues. hayy. 

5 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

So the first part of this drama that we’re watching is what happened in 2018 to hyejun, jeong ha, haehoon and others. So maybe in the second part it will be the present time 2020? Am i correct? What will happen to jeongha and hyejun then? I love this drama I can’t wait for mon and tues. hayy. 

Yes. Unlike other dramas that would have a time jump, RoY begins in 2018 and will chronicle Sa Hye Jun's journey toward achieving his dream.     EiFa7VpU8AAzgWC?format=jpg&name=small               Victory Contents IG

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi @kmsl! A big welcome to the Happy ROY thread! Yeah! I love your lovely gifs and your awesome recaps of the latest episodes! You're indeed spot on about our favourite couple.  :wow1:

Hi everyone! Thank you all for sharing your wonderful thoughts and insights about the drama, our main leads and supporting cast too! Special thanks to @gumtaek, @Sakurafairy, @BogumNoona@Sodamssi and others for your continual updates on ROY! :fullofhearts:

Hi @LRM11219311 & @lmhpsh, happy to have you on board this thread too! :Pandabulous:

I also love reading your insightful reviews of the drama, @touchthesky99 & @Nodame! Do continue to keep them coming! The Big Bang Theory Young Sheldon GIF by CBS

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I don't know what is this all about but it's dreamlatte, Bogum's avid fan, so ill just post it here. 

:approves:

Singapore

:approves:

tvN tweet (BTS)  adorable babies

Welcome to the thread: @kmsl

Spoiler

Actually I've just gone from Ahjummamshies site and read the review there wc happened to be yours and planned to copy the whole thing here, crediting you the author, coz it's precise and beautifully written. I enjoy reading it and it's lovely if it will be posted here not only the link. 

and @LRM11219311 

In the future episodes,  I would love to see the collaboration of Hye Joon and Min Jae which happened already then added by Jeong Ha as over all makeup artist and stylist of Hye Joon. This trio will slay the celebrity world. 

Spoiler

I believe the drama has lots of flashbacks since it needs to emphasize the background of every character's story.

The setting of the first 4 episodes are not in the past generally but in the present, however, as I said flashbacks are needed to give emphasis to the characters' backgrounds. 

What will happen to the characters?  My guess?  ~

for Hye Joon,  the battle is on,  going forward to be a great and successful actor like his Park BoGum sunbaenim (smile) and I'm anticipating the day he'll get rewarded for his great acting in an award giving body. 

For Jeong Ha ~ well as she said to Hye Joon,  her sole battle/fight with her sunbae JinJu and who the salon will choose: competence and skills of jeongha or the long service of jinju to the salon;  and how can she create her own global brand. 

For Hae Hyo - how will he react upon knowing that her mom is the author of all those sns popularity thing, the buying of followers,  the bribing of the production crew,  how will he stand up independently just him without her mom's obssessive help and don't know about if there will be a triangle, but hoping there will be not. Just hoping that Jeongha isn't his type (lol) 

For Jin U and Hae Na - lol,  what will everyone will react when they know that they are dating each other which Hae Hyo labeled as "family".

@Nodame @ponderingsp

Thanks for the info about the senior model/s. Those senior models add a different and peculiar layer in the drama where haraboji will revolve his story. The writer research well and able to add that twist. I didn't even know there is like that in Korea?  Everything is business today. B)

:Please:

Monday comes fast please! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Hi, @lmhpsh! From Hye Jun's conversation with his manager, I don't think he will.:) In the slow-mo scene of Hye Jun with Min Jae where he has this voice-over, we realize that he is grounded: With fundamental values intact, his goal is to break away from  the prevailing mindset that the socioeconomic status of one's family dictates one's fate. Yes, he wants to be a

"top star like Do Ha but unlike Do Ha, Hye Jun wants to be a "humble star".:wub:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I don't think so too,  @lmhpsh . Hye Joon has a clear goal of his dream/s without a dark side of it. I think the team up of MJ and HJ will be a big help to Hye Joon's career. Since he has manager now, a spokesperson, it's easier for HJ to handle the in and out of their world. I think he will show the entertainment industry how excellent an actor he can be. 

:highonflowers:

Screenshot-20200917-090800.jpg

https://time.com/5889002/park-sodam-parasite-record-of-youth-interview/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1