[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Silent lurker n regular follower here.  Annyeong, welcome to the thread  chingu.    had to get this off my chest abt ep 11 n 12.. do let me know your thoughts if you guys perceived thes

I have so many thoughts about this drama, but I will just hone in on the most important.   The biggest underlying theme in this drama is CLASS.    From the very beginning, everyone

New Teaser for Ep 1 of Record Of Youth

Translations as follows :-

Jung-Ha is seen looking at Hye-Joon's phone on her phone as she says...

Jung-Ha : Today, I'm also relying on my fangirling heart for you to help me get through the day...

Jung-Ha is watching HJ on the runway...

Jung-Ha : You're also holding on very well, right?

Mom gives Hye-Joon his enlistment notification letter...

Mom : You will have to go now...

Dad to Hye-Joon : Go to the army now...

Hye-Joon replies : How can I go to the military now? It's already night time now!

Hye-Joon is seen speaking to a lady as he opens the car door for her...

Hye-Joon : Be my manager, Noona...

Dad to Mom : At the start...

Dad continues saying : Is it even reasonable to get paid for just walking a few steps?

Hye-Joon : Being villified in society and being villified at home is even much worse...

Jung-Ha : I'll be able to see Hye-Joon tomorrow!!

Jung-Ha looking on at Hey-Joon across the room....

Jung-Ha : I want to tell that man (referring to Hye-Joon)

Jung-Ha continues saying : I want to give you all my support...

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

No. 5 in News topic search terms 

IMG-20200831-073526.jpg

No. 12 in Most Viewed News

IMG-20200831-073549.jpg

cr: NAVER

The article:

Shin Dong-mi has turned into a passionate manager of Park Bo-gum, raising expectations.

202008310904431910-1-20200831090739294.j

[Note: cut some part of the news.] 

Above all, model Sa Hye-joon's "sweet and salty" growth period is the most interesting point to watch. Park Bo-gum plays the role of "Sa Hye-jun," a young man who constantly challenges and grows to achieve his dream of becoming an actor.

Shin Dong-mi, who maximizes the charm of the character with her seasoned acting, adds to expectations by playing the role of "Lee Min-jae," a novice manager who burns her passion to make Sa Hye-joon a star.

The photo released on the same day shows Lee Min-jae, who will share Sa's growth at the closest distance. Their relationship is different from the beginning. Sa Hye-joon, who hurriedly blocked Lee Min-jae, who decided to leave the company.

Lee Min-jae looks very embarrassed at his surprise proposal. Lee Min-jae, who was not usually involved in other people's affairs, unexpectedly launched a limited "interference" with Sa Hye-joon, and is expected to help him and face a major change in his life. It raises questions about why Lee Min-jae chose the manager's path and what dynamic future awaits him.

It is also interesting to see Lee smiling proudly at 200 percent job satisfaction. A confident face toward Sa Hye-joon, who has extraordinary talents, stimulates curiosity. Lee Min-jae, who will run harder than anyone else to fulfill Sa Hye-jun's dream.

Attention is focusing on whether Sa Hye-joon will be able to succeed as an actress with a strong presence amid his support. Expectations are high for Shin Dong-mi and Park Bo-gum's chemistry, who will play as an eight-year-old manager who operates the "UZZZZU" mode despite Sa Hye-joon'

The production team of "Youth Records" said, "The relationship between Sa Hye-joon and Lee Min-jae, who will share the growth period based on strong trust, is also a point to look forward to.

"The struggles of Sa Hye-joon, who is running for her dream, and Lee Min-jae, a novice manager who took her first step into the fierce entertainment industry, will be interesting," he said. "You will be able to meet Park Bo-gum and Shin Dong-mi, who will add joy to the play with perfect synergy."

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/ranking/article/609/0000319781

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

"Record of Youth" Park So-dam vs. Jo Ji-seung. Tense war of nerves.

2020090201000068400001061_20200901090915

Jin-joo (played by Cho Ji-seung), a senior designer doesn't like Ahn Jung-ha's  behavior. The sight of her glaring at Ahn Jung-ha is eye-catching. However, the counterattack of Ahn Jung-ha, a young woman who says what she wants to say, is also formidable. A tense war of nerves without retreat creates interest.

"A growing period of Ahn Jung-ha, who takes steps to be recognized as a makeup artist, inspires empathy."

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Shocked 1

Sodamssi posted this in her Instagram. 

118391937-240734253798343-13855240396644

Captions:

a very precious
Our #RecordOfYouth
Remember me and do it with me
Thank you .

Spoiler

:fullofhearts:

118522556-622843685329398-44536741421036

118639437-3215983828520760-9080591396060

Captions: 

The last moment we were together.
Our #RecordOfYouth. 
I was so happy and happy to be with you. Thank you.
Looking at this picture, I can finally realize that the shooting is over... Goodbye! #SaHyeJun #Hyejun #SahHyejun
_
Won Hae Hyo x Won Hae Na x Ahn Jung Ha x Kim Jin Woo x Sa Hye Joon

Byun Woo-suk x Jo Yoo-jung x Park Sodam x Kwon Soo-hyun x Park Bo-gum

cr: sodam_park_0908 Instagram

cr trans: Papago

Gomawo @MinLynfor always translating. :heartxoxo:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Soompi Full Articles

Park Bo Gum Is Surrounded By A Loving, Complicated Family In “Record Of Youth”

Aug 28, 2020
by C. Hong

tvN has released stills of Park Bo Gum and his character’s regular, complex, loving family in the upcoming drama “Record of Youth.”

“Record of Youth” is about young people who struggle to achieve their dreams and find love amidst the harsh realities of life in the modeling industry. Park Bo Gum stars as Sa Hye Joon, an aspiring actor and model.
Spoiler

park-soo-young-record-of-youth.jpg

Park Soo Young plays Sa Hye Joon’s father, Sa Young Nam. In the stills, he can be seen sitting on the sofa with a blank expression. Although he loves his family, he finds expressions of affection difficult, and because of his worries about his younger son pursuing his dreams in an uncertain industry, he often falls into the habit of scolding him.

Spoiler

ha-hee-ra-han-jin-hee-record-of-youth.jp

Ha Hee Ra plays Sa Hye Joon’s mother, Han Ae Sook, and Han Jin Hee plays his grandfather, Sa Min Ki. The two in-laws have an excellent relationship. Unlike the other members of his family, Han Ae Sook and Sa Min Ki are always in Sa Hye Joon’s corner and root for him to achieve his dreams.
Spoiler

lee-jae-won-record-of-youth.jpg

Lee Jae Won plays Sa Hye Joon’s brother, Sa Kyung Joon, who can be seen in the stills reading a newspaper and ignoring what’s happening around him. Sa Kyung Joon is a model student who excels at schoolwork, but he tends to be egocentric. His looks and personality are completely different from his younger brother, Sa Hye Joon, and the two often bicker about various things.

Spoiler

lee-jae-won-ha-hee-ra-record-of-youth.jp

park-bo-gum-han-jin-hee-record-of-youth.

park-soo-young-ha-hee-ra-han-jin-hee-rec

Sa Hye Joon has a great relationship with his grandfather, Sa Min Ki, but the same cannot be said for Sa Min Ki and Sa Young Nam. Sa Min Ki sees his younger self in his grandson, but Sa Young Nam was often embarrassed by his father when he was young, and worries about his influence on his son. (This hits the wounds of the past) :huh:

A source from “Record of Youth” stated, “This is the realistic story of family members who often hurt each other with unthinking words even while they love each other deeply. A family like this is an important part of the life of young people.”

“Record of Youth” premieres on September 7.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

4eec8150f13b41c88e6cd17abdf0b6e7.jpg

Watch: Park So Dam Becomes A Fan Of Park Bo Gum In “Record Of Youth” Teaser

Aug 29, 2020

by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “Record of Youth” has released a teaser for the first episode!

“Record of Youth” is about young people who struggle to achieve their dreams and find love amid the harsh realities of the modeling industry. Park Bo Gum plays Sa Hye Joon, an aspiring actor and model, Park So Dam plays Ahn Jung Ha, an aspiring makeup artist, and Byun Woo Seok plays Won Hae Hyo, a model who wants to achieve success on his own terms.

The new teaser opens with Ahn Jung Ha talking to her smartphone and saying, “I’m able to get through the day because of you. Are you getting through the day as well?” The scene cuts to her admiring Sa Hye Joon from afar as he walks the runway.

However, Sa Hye Joon is far from living the glamorous life as he returns home to find his family in a stir. His mother holds a notice from the Military Manpower Administration out to him and says gently, “It’s time for you to go [to the military], isn’t it?” His father says sternly, “Go to the army right now,” but Sa Hye Joon retorts, “How can I go right now? It’s nighttime.”

Sa Hye Joon keeps pursuing his dreams of becoming a model, but his father says angrily to his mother, “Does it make sense that you get paid for walking?” Sa Hye Joon says angrily, “I get torn apart by society and then come back home to get torn apart some more by my own family” and sheds a tear alone in his room.

Ahn Jung Ha, on the other hand, is thrilled to find that she has a chance of meeting her idol. In voice-over, she says, “I want to meet that man and tell him that I’m cheering him on.” In the final scene of the teaser, Sa Hye Joon walks around backstage among the makeup artists. Ahn Jung Ha can’t take her eyes off him and finally her gaze seems to catch his eye.

1e8f65eccfeb42ecbcb3411379348916.jpg

Park Bo Gum Teams Up With New Manager Shin Dong Mi In “Record Of Youth”

Aug 31, 2020

by C. Lee

tvN has released new stills of Park Bo Gum and Shin Dong Mi in the upcoming tvN drama “Record of Youth”!

“Record of Youth” is about young people who struggle to achieve their dreams and find love amidst the harsh realities of life in the modeling industry. Park Bo Gum stars as Sa Hye Joon, an aspiring actor and model. Shin Dong Mi is Lee Min Jae, Sa Hye Joon’s enthusiastic newbie manager who will do anything to turn him into a star.

On August 31, tvN gave a closer look at Park Bo Gum’s and Shin Dong Mi’s characters. In the first still, Sa Hye Joon rushes to stop Lee Min Jae from leaving after she’s decided to quit her job. Lee Min Jae appears surprised to hear what Sa Hye Joon has to say.

Spoiler

record-of-youth-21.jpg

record-of-youth2.jpg

Lee Min Jae usually didn’t meddle in other people’s affairs, but she starts to get a little nosy when it comes to working with Sa Hye Joon, hinting at how she’ll make a huge difference in their lives. The reason behind Lee Min Jae’s decision to become a manager and what kind of future awaits her is yet to be revealed.

Spoiler

record-of-youth-3.jpg

Another photo captures a smiling Lee Min Jae, who looks on at Sa Hye Joon and is completely happy with her job. Her confidence in Sa Hye Joon’s star potential is something to notice as well, and Lee Min Jae will work harder than anyone to help Sa Hye Joon achieve his dreams. It’s only a matter of whether Sa Hye Joon will be able to succeed as an actor with all of Lee Min Jae’s support.

Spoiler

record-of-youth-4.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “The relationship between Sa Hye Joon and Lee Min Jae, who will together experience a period of growth with faith in one another, is something to look forward to. The drama will entertain viewers with the struggles of Lee Min Jae, the newbie manager who takes her first step into the cutthroat entertainment industry alongside Sa Hye Joon, who runs for his dream.”

They continued, “Viewers will be able to see Park Bo Gum and Shin Dong Mi’s strong chemistry that’ll make the drama even more fun through their perfect coordination.”

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi @Lmangla and @partyon! Thank you for putting up the Thread Spotlight on ROY! It will be cool if we were to highlight certain threads, it would draw more viewers in joining us in the discussions on these threads...:fullofhearts:

Hey @H0ney, it's great to see you on this drama thread too other than our favourite game thread! :Pandabulous:

@backstreetboysfan, @gumtaek, @Jillia, @Sakurafairy, @Springmaiden & @Sodamssi, you're most welcome! Do excuse me if there are any mistakes in my translations as I am not a native speaker of the language. In truth, I have become rather laid-back on the drama threads for the past 2 years due to my busy work and personal life. The last thread for which I was more actively engaged in discussion was on the The Great Seducer. :blush:

I'm glad that ROY has brought back my zest and enthusiasm to the drama thread once again. I love our main leads and the plot of the story which centres on the pursuit of dreams and goals of young people in spite of the trials and tribulations they are faced with in their lives and not losing sight of who they are whilst they hold true to their beliefs. It''s your slice of life drama for which there are many relatable and realistic scenes which are representative of our everyday life and the experiences we have gone through. I do believe there will be many lessons we can learn and to draw upon as we also reflect on the ongoing events in our lives too. 

Not forgetting, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the chemistry and the adorable interactions between Hye-Joon and Jung-Ha. I'm also glad that there won't be a love triangle emerging among the three main leads because much as I love to see the romance evolving between our Park-Park Couple, I'm also loving the bromance between our two male leads. :blush:

Can't wait to watch the premiere episode of ROY! :hooray2:

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록