[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

2020 Drama Awards! Who is the drama hero who shined in the year?

46861-437860-sample-M.jpg

Best Visual Award
<Youth Record> Park Bo-gum

Park Bo-gum, who suddenly left for the military, showed extreme warmth by renewing his visual best days. "That's why Park Bo-gum does Park Bo-gum." I can't believe it. If you don't believe it, just click 'Replay'.

https://www.smlounge.co.kr/woman/article/46861?utm_source=naver_post&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=naver_post

• 2 weeks later...

16 K-Dramas That Are Absolute Perfection To Add To Your Watch List ASAP

Prepare for late nights (maybe even sleepless ones) to stay up watching these. They're that good.

7. Record of Youth (2020) — Engaging and relevant, ROY offers a contemporary look at the struggles of relationships, rejection, family expectations, and trying to establish your career in your 20s. The male lead, Hye-jun (Park Bo-gum), is relatable and feels like he could be your friend — you'll be endeared to him immediately. Life and love isn't always roses and rainbows like many K-dramas like to show, and this one tells you things don't always work out and you know what? Hye-jun teaches you that's okay and to carry on with dignity.

anigif_sub-buzz-1272-1623311363-4.gif?output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=360:*
tvN

Genre: Youth, drama

Episodes: 16

Plot: Twenty-six-year-old Hye-jun is from a working-class family, and despite his background, he dreams of becoming a top actor. Struggling against his family's disapproval, lack of money, failed auditions, and even his age, the drama follows his trials, tribulations, and changing relationships, most notably with his best friend Hae-hyo, a rich and successful actor clearly above in status, and makeup artist Jeong-ha (played by Park So-dam of Parasite fame) with whom he falls in love.

If you're a K-pop fan, the show also depicts the inner workings and ruthlessness of celebrity life and being in the entertainment industry, especially the lack of freedom, exhaustion, and how even the smallest move can cause your career to sink. It helps you understand and sympathize. And if Bo-gum's crying scenes and puppy eyes don't melt your heart, you probably don't have one.

Watch it on Netflix.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/nusrat21/k-dramas-underrated

• 4 weeks later...

:winkx:

Best Netflix K-Drama Soundtracks, Featuring Mamamoo, Other K-Pop Artists

Several compelling K-drama series on Netflix, which have formed the latest part of the Korean cultural wave, come with equally addictive soundtracks, featuring songs from various K-pop artists.

[Excerpt]

Record of Youth

This sweet romantic drama features several catchy tunes with a youthful, pop song feel, such as "Go" by Seungkwan from K-pop boy band Seventeen.

Wheein from Mamamoo also features in the soundtrack, with the Korean-language track "Shine On You." The song is among the love theme tunes heard throughout the series which stars Park Bo-gum, one of the country's best known actors, and Park So-dam, best known internationally as the daughter Jessica in the Oscar-winning film Parasite.

The soundtrack also features bright guitar-based songs, which have a coming-of-age feel, such as "Just You" a Korean-language track from J Rabbit.

"It's Okay, Because It's You" by South Korean singer Xani is another whimsical Korean

Korean language track with a folk song type feel.

The aforementioned Suhh also appears on the  Record of Youth soundtrack, with two songs including "Still Dreaming" as well as "Open Doors," both of which are played regularly in the scenes between the two romantic leads.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/netflix-k-dramas-best-soundtracks-k-pop-artists-1611446%3famp=1

South Koreans decode rising global popularity of K-dramas

K-content has gone big across the globe in recent years, including in India.

In the young adult Korean show "Record of Youth", when an aspiring actor named Sa Hye-jun asked his girlfriend Ahn Jeong-ha, a make-up artist, the permission to kiss her, the minds of many fans were blown.  

The male protagonist, played by Park Bo-gum, had asked for consent from the female lead, essayed by Park Sodam, star of the multiple Oscar-winning film "Parasite".

"Permission? In a K-drama?? I have tears of joy for K-dramas evolving so much," noted a fan on the YouTube video of the scene.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/entertainment/south-koreans-decode-rising-global-popularity-of-k-dramas-1016017.html

video credit to The Swoon 

Record of Youth: A drama that will inspire you to achieve your dreams

Written by: Jamaica Rose Simbul

What was your dream when you were a kid? I honestly want to be an architect, then a teacher, an interior designer, and ended being a nurse. Yes! Nurse by profession! I wouldn’t say that I like it at first, but as I go along, I learned how to love it and worked hard to graduate, and even worked harder to pass the Nursing Licensure Board Exam. I would say that the career I ended up with was more like a goal, not a dream.

But, how about someone whose dream becomes his goal?

250px-Record-of-Youth.jpg

Record of Youth is a drama about a guy named Sa Hye-jun who is working as a model and wants to be an actor. He was extremely passionate about what he was doing. Aside from that, he also has various part-time jobs.

Sa Hye Jun was not that famous at first, but a lot of girls likes him because of his good looks and personality. One of his fans is An Jeong-ha, an inspiring make-up artist. The two of them were able to meet during an event and that’s where it started.

We all have our dreams, and I am not only talking about our dream career, it’s about our dreams as a whole. This drama inspired me and made me realize that dreams are not just careers but also something to live for. Record of Youth really gave us life lessons that will surely be something

worth recording.

Family

For us, our family inspires us to achieve our dreams. They are the ones who always got our back, but that’s not the case for Sa Hye-jun. His father was against his career because he doesn’t want him to end up like his grandfather, unlike the latter who supports his chosen path wholeheartedly.

Hye-jun’s family is not rich and everyone is trying so hard to make ends meet, contrary to his best friend named Won Hae-hyo who also took the same career as him. Hae Hyo’s family is rich and his mother supported him than ever. Many people thought that they are happy because of their status, unfortunately, they are not. I would say that their mother was very controlling out of her love for her family and it is because that’s how she grow up.

This drama made me realized that I should also be expressive to the ones I love when I feel sorry, when I support them, when I care about them, and when I love them because they matter. If you love and support your family, show them because support without the act of showing is nothing.

Spoiler

Friendship

In this drama, you can see the sincerity of their friendship. It’s the friendship that we all needed right now. Friends who support you, who don’t talk bad about you when you are not around.

Friends who think of how you feel firsts before saying or doing anything. And most importantly, friends who are just there whenever you need them.

Sometimes we don’t get to see our friends, we don’t get to hang out with them as often as before
because as we grow old, we focus more on our careers, our families, on our future. Or sometimes we are more focused on likes on Instagram, views in Youtube videos or friends you have on Facebook and we tend to forget we have real friends outside social media.

We all deserve to have friends who will criticize you and correct you when you’re wrong. Someone who will not judge you just because you made some bad decisions than someone who will give their opinions even if they didn’t really know what happened. Someone who listens and trusts you than reading those comments online that are insubstantial.

Special someone

Isn’t it nice to have someone beside you who supports you in achieving your dreams? I bet, nothing is greater than those feelings. Aside Hye-jun and Jeong-ha’s love story that shows the struggle of the couple while doing what they love and how it affects their relationship, the drama focused more on achieving one’s dreams.

In Korea, we don’t really see dating actors and actresses unlike here in the Philippines. The drama shows what it really is like to be an actor in Korea. Their love story was so simple yet genuine. They are not afraid to say what they want to say. They want to grow together while growing individually in their chosen career and they are rooting for each other while achieving their dreams.

Remember that we should appreciate people or should I say our special someone who was there to support, understand, and love us.

Career

park-bo-gum.jpg?w=780&is-pending-load=1# Image source: tvN

Dreams are the thing that we are thinking of, however, we should put action into it for it to become a goal. That’s what this drama made me realize. Hye-jun proved to us that no matter how hard the challenges in reaching for our dreams, as long as we don’t stop, as long as we believe in ourselves, and as long as we have a good heart, we can always get what we want.

This should also not put any harm to yourself and to other people. Do the things that make you happy and you surely wouldn’t regret it later on. On the other hand, Hye-jun’s grandpa proved to us that there was no right time to achieve our dreams, if we want it, we will work hard for it. A small achievement is still an achievement.

Joeng-ha’s character also worked hard for her chosen career without depending on her parents because that’s what her mother taught her. She shows perseverance and determination in doing the things she loves.

Record of Youth is a simple but heartwarming drama. Characters exist in reality, they are very relatable. Conflicts are also actual as some people go through the same problems that the characters have gone through. Park Bo-gum looks natural in portraying his character that it seems like he didn’t act at all in this drama. He is well known for being really professional and a very kind actor.

Would I recommend this drama? Yes! Definitely yes! It’s something fresh, a light one. Something that won’t give you a heart-stopping action, instead it will make your heart skip a bit because of the warmth of this drama. And of course, the playlist is a plus! So it’s a 9/10 for me!

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/08/12/record-of-youth-a-drama-that-will-inspire-you-to-achieve-your-dreams/

credit to the author and 

@willenette

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Annyeong. Does anyone know the progress of Roy’s director cut dvd? I visit its page and there’s a progress update on 17 Nov but I can’t read the announcement because I don’t have a kakao account. Maybe some of you guys know how’s it going.  TIA :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Drama writer Ha Myung-hee of 'Record of Youth' will receive the Presidential Citation at '2021 Korea Contents Awards Ceremony'. 

"In the field of contribution to the development of the broadcasting and video industry, drama writer Ha Myung-hee of 'Record of Youth' and writer Jeon-ae Jeon of 'Korean Table' will receive the Presidential Citation.

Writer Ha Myung-hee was praised for giving a deep resonance to domestic and foreign viewers by realistically portraying young people and their families growing up together by writing 'Record of Youth'. "

출처 : 인터뷰365 - 대한민국 인터넷대상 최우수상 (http://www.interview365.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=100251)

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, Zgm616 said:

Annyeong. Does anyone know the progress of Roy’s director cut dvd? I visit its page and there’s a progress update on 17 Nov but I can’t read the announcement because I don’t have a kakao account. Maybe some of you guys know how’s it going.  TIA :)

I don't have any updated news yet. I'll try to visit my Kakao account or ask sime Korean friends.:wub:

:wow2:

Wow Congratulations to Ha Myung Hee jagga-nim. RoY k-drama deserves so much more. 

• Like 1

4 K-Dramas That Are a Must-Watch After a Breakup

TV shows can get anyone through hard times. Fans can either escape into a new fantasy world, a heartfelt comedy, or a realistic romance. Korean dramas have an array of worthy content to watch if going through a tough breakup. Some K-dramas do the job of helping people going through a breakup crack a few laughs or get invested in a fairytale relationship that will give fans hope for the future.

IMG-20200925-080854.jpg

IMG-20200925-081124.jpg

‘Record of Youth’ is about letting go of love. The Netflix original K-drama Record of Youth has a mature storyline for its base with a realistic reason for a breakup. Two characters at different stages of their lives find themselves choosing between what is right and love. Sa Hye-jun, (Park Bo-gum) comes from a working-class and dreams of being a model. He meets Ahn Jeong-ha (Park So-dam), a fan and aspiring makeup artist.

Hye-jun and Jeong-ha fall in love as their careers start taking off and Hye-jun becomes a well-recognized actor. But over time, they start to realize building a relationship in the midst of career success is not easy.

“Themes of going after your dreams and also camaraderie is strong in this. I think the characters were written and directed to portray a lot of self-respect and self-love, which might be something nice and healing to watch during this time,” said one fan on Reddit. The characters either choose to work on their love with turmoil or let each other go.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/4-k-dramas-that-are-a-must-watch-after-a-breakup.html/

Safer sex for all: S. Korean men show growing interest in HPV vaccine

Screenshot-2021-1204-123454.jpg

Spoiler

Kim Nam-kwon, 24, was vaccinated on Oct. 20 against HPV.

“I saw a TV program and thought that I ought to get the HPV vaccine,” he said.

“On the program, they said the HPV vaccine was effective at preventing disease not just in women, but in men too,” he explained.

“I got it this year because they said you should get it before you turn 25,” he added.

More and more men like Kim have been showing an interest in vaccination against the human papillomavirus ever since a 2020 episode of the tvN series “Record of Youth” in which a character played by actor Park Bo-gum gets vaccinated.

But many men are still hesitant, with some perceiving it as a “vaccine for women” and others balking at the cost, which can run as high as 900,000 won (US$765) for a full vaccination course.

Transmitted through sexual contact, HPV can cause diseases including cervical cancer, penile cancer and genital warts.

The 2020 Infectious Disease Surveillance Yearbook published by the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency listed 10,945 reported cases of HPV infection, with reported cases of genital warts rising from 281 in 2001 to 4,864 as of 2020.

The incidence of cervical cancer stood at 11.4 cases per 100,000 people as of 2017 — almost double the target of six cases designated by the World Health Organization for eradication of the condition.

“There is no treatment for HPV. A patient needs to undergo regular examinations for about two years and hope that it goes away on its own,” explained Jung Min-hyung, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Kyung Hee University.

“Getting vaccinated is the best approach regardless of gender,” he added.

Since the HPV vaccine is widely perceived as a measure to prevent cervical cancer, men tend not to view it as necessary.

“I had heard before that it was an injection against cervical cancer, but during a sex education lecture I recently learn that men should be getting it too,” said Lee Han, a member of the group Feminism with Him, which organized a long-term project advocating for HPV vaccinations in 2021.

“There are still a lot of men who think it’s unnecessary to get vaccinated,” he added.

The cost poses another barrier. Currently, only young women at least 12 years of age can receive the vaccine for free. Adult women and men have to pay out of pocket to get vaccinated.

“After I met my girlfriend, I started looking into vaccinations, but I ended up putting it off because it cost hundreds of thousands of won,” said 24-year-old Kim Han-beom.

According to uninsured treatment cost figures from the Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service, the cost of receiving the 

three-dose course of the Gardasil 9 HPV vaccine runs between 434,448 to 921,000 won.

Many continue to insist that the national preventive vaccination effort should be extended to include adults of all genders. As of March 2017, 71 countries were offering vaccines at the national level, with 11 of them — including the UK, Germany and Denmark — covering the cost of vaccination for boys.

“Even if we can’t cover [vaccinations] for everyone, we need to do so for the under-20 population, where the effects of inoculation are strong,” Jung urged.

By Ko Byung-chan, staff reporter

Please direct questions or comments to [english@hani.co.kr]

https://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/1021770.html

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...