[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

2 hours ago, Katy C said:

I think it's happy ending. 

When JH denied the reasons why she wears the shoes, these are the reasons... 

She still loves HJ and HJ also knows it.

(JH is quite nervous to explain why she wears the shoes. It is so lovely.)

Yes I think so too. They still love each other and the way they exchange words in the ending scene reminds me of their beginning unlike when they dated they just knew the word "thank you and sorry". They seem to return to being relax with each other.  I know they will be back with each other's arms and hearts. 

I don't dislike the ending. Same with the thoughts of others here - a realistic ending indeed. This is really RECORD OF YOUTH. 

:gangnamstyle:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I will be going against the current about the evaluation of the final episode... given the high quality of the script we could not expect a final kisses and hugs, an unlikely encounter... but instead it was a final of growth and maturation of our young protagonists, which saw them face the biggest challenge , that of responsibility.

The responsibility that Jeong-ha took for example, who want to end the relationship with Hye-jun to help him in his career and to pursue her dreams... Or that of Hae-hyo who decided to enlist and thus take back his life...

Or even that of Hye-jun who has decided to enlist, risking to compromise his career, in order to end his twenties and enter thirty more confident of himself...

It is not an open ending that of the protagonist couple as someone can thought... she wore the shoes that Hye-jun had given her, a sign that she had never stopped thinking about him... and he was happy to see her wearing his shoes, sign that  hadn't forgotten her... So they resume arguing as if those two years had never passed ready to start a story between two more mature and aware adults...

I cried at various times while watching this episode that really moved me and I'm sure that next week, when it will be broadcast with subtitles in my language, I will resume seeing it from the first episode, because already miss these guys so much...

I would really like a second season with the same actors, one that unties some knots, like Hae-hyo's unrequited love or a star's difficulty in having personal relationships ... or the night in the bedroom of the two leads..

... and yes, I also think they cut it due to the resumption of the pandemic ... what a pity!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

I really love the last part, they gave us an happy open ending for the couple. It’s not like that they really not end up together but it’s the possibility that they might end up together in the future. :blush: when they saw each other again, I felt like destiny was playing with them again for the second time and how they looked at each other again like they are still in love. 

• Like 6

While I would've loved more romance scenes of our OTP, I enjoyed the realism of the final scene, and also how there were many things that could be read between the lines of their seemingly neutral conversation. It was like they were essentially still the same people they were when they first met each other, and yet different, more mature, more at ease and stable. They each needed to grow and stabilise in their own space and independently without having to be burdened by the responsibility of maintaining a relationship with each other because the circumstances were just too overwhelming for both of them, even if they had a very mature relationship already.

I love the way the writer delivered the final scene without the use of cliche words or actions. If we throwback to the way JH and HJ conversed with each other at their first meeting, it was that same chemistry that kicked off their budding friendship before they fell in love with each other. HJ's reaction to seeing Ji-A after breaking up was annoyance (I also think most exes tend to avoid bumping into each other if chance upon each other) but well, it was entirely different to when he saw JH again. They must be true soulmates, and now entering into their 30s, and probably falling in love with each other all over again, they'll be able to handle the circumstances that made their previous relationship difficult, much better. Mostly also because both of them are living their dreams individually, so they can now pursue a new dream, together. 

I think it was significant that JH wore the shoes to work. I wonder if she always wore those shoes to work; it seems like HJ was always with her when she worked towards her dreams, achieved things, when she did what she did best. Anyone remember this quote from Hana Yori Dango? "Good shoes take you to good places" haha.

Those shoes brought her back to HJ. 

Edited by sixbyul
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

:cutekitty:

Just wanna share this news to all of ROY chingudeul. This is how Lee Min Jae Daepyo irl Shin Dong Mi reaped the success of being Sa Hye Jun's manager and CEO of Jjamppong Entertainment. She was really loved by the viewers. 

:approves:

Shin Dong-mi "I enjoyed'Youth Record' in viewer mode" (Interview) 

An excerpt: 

In addition, Shin Dong-mi expressed his gratitude to the viewers who took a lot of interest in himself through'Youth Records'. 

Along with this, she added, "The number of followers on my SNS increased. Before this work, it was around 15,000, but this time it increased to 64,000.

I was surprised to see this increased. Thank you (for your interest)." A message came to a South American fan as well, it was from Brazil. I was surprised by saying, "From Brazil?"

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002905037

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

While the ending is realistic.. still not happy with it!!

The voiceover we got in ep 5/8 from both JH n HJ about loving each other.. n HJ mentioning looking back at her.. those were made when they were 28 after breakup or when they are 30? HH also voiced thst he has a chance now.. was that when he was 28 or 30.?

Guess this show was also a slice of life kind of drama.. where a lot of things are left to our imaginations!!

It was great reading all your views and opinions!! Will miss this forum:cry:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, nikir said:

HH also voiced thst he has a chance now.. was that when he was 28 or 30.?

The drama from beginning to end didn't compromise its sense of realism.

Regarding HH and JH, it was very clear in their conversation in JH's home right after the "umbrella scene" that in Jung Ha's life, there was only Hye Jun. To give credit to HH, he restrained himself from confessing even if his body language said otherwise.  In ep. 16 when HH met up with JH before enlisting, it was once again clear that friendship was all JH had to offer to HH. They were 28.

More than having a chance I think what he meant was that he was going to pursue JH. This was in the scene where JH was going to help HJ's haraboji for the photoshoot. They must have been 26 or 27 then. By that time HJ and JH were already in a relationship.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Katy C said:

think it's happy ending. 

When JH denied the reasons why she wears the shoes, these are the reasons... 

She still loves HJ and HJ also knows it.

(JH is quite nervous to explain why she wears the shoes. It is so lovely.)

HJ put his hands on his back and the last he put his hands on trousers. His answer ‘do not disliked’. He also rejects to go to JH’s studio. It seems HJ has little changes and it is so relax and happy for both of them. Does it mean it is the right time to go together?B)

They'll be back together, I'm sure, because in the final conversation they are as comfortable with each other as the first time.  Even then she had initially denied, but she still loves him and from the way he looked at her he still loves her too. 

:bashful:

I wish there was Roy # 2 when Bo Gum back home after military service. 

• Like 4

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say  wasn't able to be active last 2 weeks. But sad this drama ended but I am ok with the ending. I have seen some dramas the open ending bothered me but here I am fine.

Great thoughts @sixbyul @Boj

You know our OTP are talking again after he is back from military and she is in a place she is happy. We know they did not break up due to lack of love. So I felt that was fine how the tied things up.

I felt interested that after the friend broke up with Hae Hyo sis, she was not mentioned in the finale. Assuming his photo studio is still going ok and she is in law school?

Hae Hyo came out of military and guessing he is ok in his career too? 

I loved that Jeong Ah working with her pal from the Salon (who was her good hoobae) and loved back in other episodes she recorded the bullying by that awful sunbae. 

The moment grandpa and dad at the ceremony he dedicated his award to his son. OMG emotional. Cute how mom poked fun he was crying (STILL) at home since the ceremony. We know that dad is hard to express his feelings. So cute that he mentioned the sons should be more like mom and not him. Awww.

Dad going to our ML and apologizing. I recall that ML telling bro he wants to be close to dad but it is hard (while washing dishes --the brothers together. What a rare sight! Glad that the bro was wanting ML to know that dad loves him and was strict because of it. So when dad confessed fears and telling him, he was not sure how to deal with ML. Awww. Then when he asked to hug, ML nixed it. Very awkward. Cannot make them close overnight, but it is a start and I loved that scene of dad and ML.

Hae Hyo talking to his mom candidly before going into the Marines about his feelings was a good chat. (Sad he did tell him mom he was enlisting). I loved ML confidence to tell fans and tell his Manager he would sign with her for 3 years even during military time.

Glad that Reporter Kim was set straight by ML ex about RAT Tae Soo. Seriously feeding lies to her and then I loved her revenge on him. We knew that once you burn ML he is NOT going back to you. 

HEHEHE older bro first time getting chocolate has to be from ML manager. LOL. At least he wrote the apology letter. Even if it was to himself, he still at least wrote it. Then confessing to ML he wanted to be his son and asking for a SUV car. LOL.

I enjoyed this drama and thanks to all for your hard work and being in this journey together. Missing Park Bo Gum but he did shine handsomely in this drama. See everyone around in another forum!

Always appreciated efforts of those to share goodies not limited to but wanted to say thanks

(sorry if missed you) @gumtaek  @Sakurafairy @autumnight @MinLyn (A star throughout the drama tirelessly translating a BIG THANK YOU!)

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a mixed feeling about the last two episodes of RoY. I agree that the ending is written like there's going to be a season 2.

There are many plot points that I felt weren't given a satisfying resolution...

-The whole TS/reporter/Park Do Ha was totally unresolved. Even a brief mention about them after the time skip would have been great (like maybe HJ reading the news of TS/reporter being sued).

-HH secretly coveting his BFF's GF deserves at least a punch or two, but that was totally swept under the rug. 

-I think the story would have been better if the writer skipped HN & JW's love story and focus on JH and her perspectives/family relationships. Her relationship with her mother in the penultimate episode really left a bad taste.

On the other hand, I love the interaction b/w HJ and his family and how they all grew to be a better family/people together. Some of their interactions are heart warming and hilarious at the same time. His brother has one of the best redemption arc I've seen in a drama and he didn't even have that much screen time. HJ's father really grew in the last few episodes and the scene of him asking for forgiveness was done really well. I love grandpa's success even if it felt a little unrealistic.  

One of my favourite relationships in this drama is HJ & Manager MJ. She was really out of depth when the scandal hit, and even though she didn't do as well as I had hoped, she showed promise. I'm glad to see their relationship kept improving after the time skip. I like the resolution with the ex-girlfriend. I thought it was believable. (Ironically, it was her competence and calmness that brought a stabilizing element during that tumultuous time where HJ was hit by a mountain of scandals.)  

As for the OTP of the series, the final talk between HJ & JH was much better. She wanted to break up because their relationship was turning her into a different person, a person she didn't necessarily hate but was not ready to become. So basically "it's not you, it's me". I can't believe she blamed HJ for everything in ep 15. I have read all the posts explaining why they're a good couple, but I just can't agree.

I'm glad this is an open ending. Just like those who like JH & HJ together can believe they will get back together, I can also believe that they will just stay friends. Those looks they give each other is because of past memories flooding back. And she really only wore those shoes because it's comfortable. :phew:

I laughed and cried watching this drama, sometimes both in the span of minutes. Thank you to everyone who post insights and information about the drama. You guys made the journey that much more enjoyable. :getmygrooveon:

• Like 4
  • Love 3