[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

I don't understand why even introduce JH's mother last episode? That felt unnecessary to the larger plot... :crazymad:

@Dj272 it does look like an open ending with a hint of them getting together or something... but didn't seem like the writer resolved any of the issues that caused the break up in the first place

But I shouldn't comment before watching with sub :sweatingbullets::phew: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, autumnight said:

I don't understand why even introduce JH's mother last episode? That felt unnecessary to the larger plot... 

@Dj272 it does look like an open ending with a hint of them getting together or something... but didn't seem like the writer resolved any of the issues that caused the break up in the first place

But I shouldn't comment before watching with sub :sweatingbullets::phew: 

I have too many questions n thoughts but will wait for subs..but def dont like the ending..too vague

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

Is this like after his military service?

Also no one is allowed to use electronic devices during basic training. I laugh thinking about PBG's agency controlling his Instagram. And this is a drama about an actor and MJ controlling his media releases. And PBG frequent Instagram release has made laugh.

By the way if THAT is  the ending I ain't going to watch episode 11-14. I have watched ep 15. The drama didn't grab my heart. PBG the actor was good. The minor supporting cast is great. The plot and flow was plodding and had no lightbulb moments.

I am currently rewatching Reply 1988 after I got fed up reading about ep 13- 14. Now that is satisfying my Kdrama longing.

All the best PBG. And it has been entertaining reading about the 2 senior actresses playing the moms.

But if that is or was the ending? Him in a white suit and her like this? Meh. Yeah yeah yeah, you're both over 30 now. So yes that was your youthful time. Now SHJ can be the big shot actor who only marries when he turns 40.  To me that is not a good romance ending.

• Sad 1

IG pics of Sodam Park

These two can be real life bf/gf. :wub:

122614651-645502456006065-75019518151733

122724398-3386811234687200-7024109003170

122877289-631863367481625-10810497227694

Spoiler

122834212-115494450335980-56446047216022

I'll wait for the sub. It's hard to say my insights just seeing the whole episode understanding only little of this and that. The dialogue will give a deeper meaning. 

ROY friends thanks. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hi all! I'm sorry that I'm unable to get down to doing the recaps for the finale episode as I do not like this open ending of the drama. I would have expected our OTP to get back together but I guess this is not the kind of romantic ending scene I have in mind and am looking forward to. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think what is being put across from beginning to end is the sense of realism in both the plot and characters. Although I would have wanted a squeeworthy ending for HJ and JH, I accept the open ending as that was how they began the relationship at the beginning of the drama and perhaps in their 30s with more stability in their lives...they are more likely to get back together, this time for good.

I loved the father-son closure though. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

This beautiful drama is over but I really hope in another episode that solves some issues.  The lack of a romantic reunion, the cut of the bed scene, left me disappointed.  It reminds me of the Swiss ending of that other drama. But at least they kissed. I am an incurable romantic.  Could the lack of kissing be due to the pandemic for covid-19 or because they really didn't know how they could reconcile their two lives?

:sad1:

• Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

Drama isn't all about the happy ending of romance but with what we have learned from it.

I am glad that my Jeongha pursues her career because as Hyejun deserves everything,  she also deserves all the best the world can offer. I'll just imagine that they ended with each other in the future as husband and wife since at that time they both have matured with age and experience. 

:heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

:approves:

I think it's happy ending. 

When JH denied the reasons why she wears the shoes, these are the reasons... 

She still loves HJ and HJ also knows it.

(JH is quite nervous to explain why she wears the shoes. It is so lovely.)

HJ put his hands on his back and the last he put his hands on trousers. His answer ‘do not disliked’. He also rejects to go to JH’s studio. It seems HJ has little changes and it is so relax and happy for both of them. Does it mean it is the right time to go together?B)

Good Family and Good Friendship are always important to us. I saw the IG photos and messages from all characters. It is full of love.:wub:

At last... 

:isannoyed:

Where is the bed scene?

Nothing happened why they go to the bedroom? 

Thanks all ROY friends in this forum. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

I haven't watched the final episode so I'll be back. Fighting!!! 

Done watching the finale.

I'm a ROMANTIC TYPE of person and I love happy ending and physical touch but for some reasons I LOVE THE ENDING of ROY.

I appreciate that the writer didn't push or force that happy ending thing for the couple because it seems to me it's unrealistic. I know it's a drama but I think for this kind of drama realistic approach is better. 

It's a perfect ending for me. I think by the way they converse in the last scene, they will get back with each other with the better timing at this time. They both matured in their own fields and both gained life experiences. 

:selfie2:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2