[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

24 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Omo, omo, this looks and sounds very familiar!

He went to Jung Ha and said, I can't break up with you...

Hide contents

Remember Kim Jin Hyuk end of Ep. 15?

There might be a romance manual for K-drama writers somewhere <_< The break up there was also in episode 14 right?

From Seol In Ah's instagram @_seorina

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, autumnight said:

It starts with a rewind to JH & reporter

Ive been waiting for this side of JH to appear, glad it resurfaced right on time. She looked so strong when she pulled her phone to start recording their convo. I know she will protect HJ no matter what happens.

• Like 4

The last scene...

Hye-Joon goes to look for Jung-Ha at her make-up studio so the latter asks him isn't he busy, Hye-Joon replies that he is not busy as the shooting has just ended. Jung-Ha then asks Hye-Joon why he is here to see her...so the latter replies that he can't break up with her...

Video Preview for the Finale Episode of Record of Youth...
Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon : You are able to fulfill your dream now but I have just gotten started...

Thereafter she takes her leave....

Dad apologises to Hye-Joon : I am sorry that I was never there for you....

Hye-Joon tells Dad : I have always wanted to gain your approval...

Hae-Hyo to his mom : You have raised a good son...So you have not failed...

Hye-Joon : I've already put down my name here...on the contract...

Hye-Joon continues saying : Let's wrap things up...

Jung-Ha to Hye-Joon : Promise me that you will always remember the times we have spent together...
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Brief Recap on Ep 15 of ROY...

Spoiler

Jung-Ha tells Reporter Kim adamantly that Hye-Joon and her are not dating. She stressed that Hye-Joon is one of her celebrity clients and because they are of the same age, Hye-Joon regards her as a friend...

Reporter Kim then reminds Jung-Ha of the earlier live broadcast she has made on her YouTube channel wherein Jung-Ha says that she would like to introduce her boyfriend to her viewers but because of the fact that Ji-Ah stepped in to do an interview with the newspaper and helping to clear the scandals of Hye-Joon being a gay, hence Jung-Ha wasn't able to reveal that she was his girlfriend...

Though Jung-Ha claims that she is just referring to the subscribers of her YT channel as her "boyfriend", the reporter does not buy in...and instead, reminds Jung-Ha that Ji-Ah seems like she is still in love in Hye-Joon and given their social status, they would make a more compatible match and she believes that there will be people who will support them of being together with each other...

Min-Jae on the other hand has gone ahead to publish an article denying the dating rumours of Hye-Joon and Jung-Ha. When Hye-Joon came to know about it, he was rather upset and chided Min-Jae for not notifying him in advance about it. He also reiterated that Jung-Ha needs to be given the heads-up about it prior to the publication of the article. Much as Min-Jae wants to protect Hye-Joon image and reputation, Hye-Joon is more concerned about not infringing upon Jung-Ha's privacy because to him, protecting Jung-Ha must always take priority above everything else...

Jung-Ha has gotten a number of hate comments due to the dating rumours circulating around Hye-Joon and herself...

Flashback of the past when Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha why do people apologise to each other when they are actually in love with the other...To this, Jung-Ha replies it's most probably because they want to be able to do better but they can't...Hye-Joon disagrees saying that they should always try and aim to become better so why the need to apologise...Hye-Joon then states firmly that he would never apologise for that reason...

Jung-Ha's voiceover saying that Hye-Joon couldn't abide by his words that he would never apologise...Back then, they had thought love was simple...but love really comprises all types of emotions...Hye-Joon continues to call Jung-Ha frantically but the latter doesn't pick up his calls...

Hye-Joon gives Jung-Ha a call again...The latter finally picks up...and tells her that he is worried when she doesn't pick up his calls but the latter sounds cheerful on the other line...Jung-ha apologises for standing him up...Hye-Joon then asks Jung-Ha where she is and the latter replies that she is at home. Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha if he can come over to her house and this is when the doorbell rings so Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that the timing is really not good as her mom has come over to her place...Hye-Joon also laments that it isn't his day...and he tells Jung-Ha to answer the doorbell...

Hye-Joon starts drawing the designs on the couple shoes which he has bought for himself and Jung-Ha...

Hye-Joon texts Jung-Ha saying that his mom would like to invite Jung-Ha over to their house for a meal this weekend...Jung-Ha thanks Hye-Joon for the invitation and tells Hye-Joon that her mom would be staying over at her place for a few days...

The designs which Hye-Joon have drawn on the couple shoes is a reminiscence of the time when he and Jung-Ha were dancing in the rain...

The card reads :-

"How simple and frugal a thing is Happiness" By Nikos Kazantzakis

This is my current most favorite quote....

From Hye-Joon

Hye-Joon puts the pair of couple shoes into a carrier bag and hangs it on the door handle of Jung-Ha's house...

Jung-Ha's mom starts exclaiming when she reads the card which Hye-Joon has written to Jung-Ha saying that the shoes are from Sa Hye-Joon so why is Jung-Ha still denying that they are indeed dating each other...and she adds that Hye-Joon is crazy about her...to have gifted her with this pair of shoes...

• Thanks 7

I hope the ending is clear, it doesn't make the audience guess for themselves. Don't be cliché because it will feel boring, for example HJ goes into a random salon and it turns out that the one who owns the salon is JH. pfft .. The shoes story hasn't been revealed yet, after being tired  painting by HJ, will the ending have to do with the rain? Can't wait:criesariver:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

It will be sad if HH eventually enlisted alone. I hope HJ will join him while JH makes a name for herself. I think given JH's talent in make-up and her natural way of connecting with her customers, 2 yrs is more than enough to establish herself in the industry. 

At this point i think we'll have a time jump while the 2 guys are in military.

• Like 3

Continuation of Recap...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon tells his assistant that what he sees on the upfront may not seem to be what it appears to be...He confides in Chi-Yeong that he cries himself to sleep at times...That he may appear to be smiling during daytime but he would be crying at night...Chi-Yeong tells Hye-Joon that he respects him for this too as he finds Hye-Joon to be really cool too since he is able to open up about the vulnerable side of him too...

Flashback of the scene when Hye-Joon has given Jung-Ha a plant as a congratulatory gift on the opening of her shop. He calls the plant a Happy Tree which brings joy to others...

Jung-Ha reminisces of the happy times she has spent with Hye-Joon...as she looks at the photos they have taken together...

This is when Jung-Ha calls Min-Jae and asks her when Hye-Joon would be free as she would like to speak to him...

Jung-Ha arranges to meet Hye-Joon at his agency...

Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha why is so difficult for him to meet her so the latter apologises that she has stood him up that day cos they had earlier arranged to meet at her make-up studio but Jung-Ha didn't turn up as she was held up with another meeting with Reporter Kim.

Hye-Joon reminds Jung-Ha that she has apologised for this many times already...and he assures her that it is alright...

Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha that it's really nice to be able to see her finally and also talk to her face to face in person. Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that she feels the same way too...

Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha that he has decided to listen to her and he wants to take a break now since he has been working non-stop round-the-clock because he was feeling too anxious...as it hasn't been easy for him to get this far...

Jung-Ha reminds him that he has made it so far because it's all due to his hard work and his perseverance. She also adds that he has always been a clear-headed person who doesn't like to inconvenient others...and moreover, he is very passionate about acting too...

Hye-Joon then smiles as he remarks that it's really nice to hear this coming from her and he is really glad that Jung-Ha is able to see all these qualities in him...

Jung-Ha then remarks that for today, they seem to be saying thank you to each other instead of apologizing...

Jung-Ha then tells Hye-Joon : I love you...

Then she looks at him sadly as she says : Let's break up...

Hye-Joon is shocked to hear this as he asks her, "Why?"

Jung-Ha then asks Hye-Joon if he still remembers what he has once told her that he would never apologize to the person whom he loves...JUng-Ha then reminds Hye-Joon to just think back on the number of times that he has apologized to her...Upon hearing her words, Hye-Joon apologizes to Jung-Ha once again...This causes Jung-Ha to sigh as she says that every time when Hye-Joon apologizes to her, it only reminds her of how hard it must have been for him...She tells Hye-Joon that the Sa Hye-Joon whom she knows would always keep his words...She tells Hye-Joon that she doesn't want to be his emotional outlet anymore...

She tells Hye-Joon that she wants to go back to the time before she has fallen in love with Hye-Joon...

Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon to apologize to his mom on her behalf...as she is unable to accept her invitation to have dinner at their house.

She then gets up to take her leave and Hye-Joon gets up too as he wants to drive her home...but the latter tells him that it is alright...

Hye-Joon is about to get into elevator with Jung-Ha and the latter stops him as she tells him that is enough...

The next scene...

Spoiler

Min-Jae has no other choice but to disclose Charlie Jung's text messages to Hye-Joon...through the release of a news article...

Headlines of article reads Sa Hye-Joon's agency discloses Charlie Jung's text message. The article clarifies that the rumours have been proven to be false and the truth is that Sa Hye-Jun has rejected Charlie Jung's advances...

Charlie Jung's text message to Hye-Joon...

Hye-Joon...Congratulations, you did it...
I loved you, and you rejected me, twice...
I knew when you turned me down that you don't love me, but you respect me. Your respect for me is already a comfort to me...
My life is embarrassing, but with Sa Hye-Joon's respect, it can be considered meaningful too...

Reporter Kim has chosen to speak up for Hye-Joon when she realises that she has been made use of by Lee Tae-Su to deceive her into believing that Hye-Joon has betrayed Lee Tae-Su and his company when the company wasn't doing well. Reporter Kim tells the viewers the fact that Hye-Joon has not released the text messages which Charlie Jung has sent to him because he has deep respect for the late Charlie Jung and she finds this to be very commendable and she also adds that having come to know about this, she finds it rather heartwarming too and she is looking forward to reading more heartwarming stories about Hye-Joon...

Ji-Ah finds Jung-Ha to be a really nice and cool person so she tells Hye-Joon that she would also like to be friends with her in spite of Hye-Joon's relationship with Jung-Ha...

Hye-Joon is driving his car as he recalls the words which Jung-Ha has told him earlier...that Hye-Joon has once told her that he would never apologize to the person whom he loves...He is reminded of the time when Jung-Ha tells him that she knows he has been really busy with his work and Hye-Joon apologises to her for not replying to her text messages...He is also reminded of the time when he tells Jung-Ha how sorry he was for not being able to spend as much time with her as he would have liked to...And the time, when he apologizes to her again for not being able to tell her the full story in person...and he keeps thinking back on the number of times he has said, "I'm sorry" to her...For which the Jung-Ha has asked him in return what he is apologizing for this time again....Lastly, her parting words to him when she asks him to think back on how many times he has apologized to her...and when tells Hye-Joon that every time when he apologizes to her, she is reminded of how hard it must have been for him...

It breaks Hye-Joon's heart knowing how hard it must have been on Jung-Ha too to keep hearing these words of apology coming from him...

The last scene...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon goes to look for Jung-Ha at her make-up studio so the latter asks him isn't he busy, Hye-Joon replies that he is not busy as the shooting has just ended. Jung-Ha then asks Hye-Joon why he is here to see her...so the latter replies that he can't break up with her...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

I'm still confused as to why she wanted to break up.

Because of the "scandals" written by reporter Kim and she's trying to protect his career? (but then she did ask him if he's happy and even criticized him for working too much)

Because she feels burdened by the relationship and she's disappointed with how their relationship went (HJ's not there enough for her)? She feels HJ is burdened by their relationship and it's turning HJ into someone that he's not? (all his apologies)

Because she's actually starting to feel something for HH? (According to her, a man and a woman can't be friends and HH's a "good friend")

I feel like there's a lot of problems with this relationship and I'm not sure how the writer can wrap it up and also give the other characters fair endings in just one episode.

I'm also curious what role JH's mom will play in the last episode... :tightdeadline:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Hello everyone, I can't believe we have reached the last episode ... This drama on an emotional level,  really reshufled me, I felt a range of emotions, hate love, anxiety, fear, respect, nostalgia, anger ... Much of the credit I think is due the great emotional acting of Bogum, but also Sodam, that I must say that gradually convinced me , making me know a character in some ways elusive, but really profound ...
We are at the end therefore, we still do not know what will become of our two leads, while we have a clue as to what Haehyo will decide to do ... I'm sorry I had so little faith in him in so many episodes but in the end he really moving me ...
I still believe in the happy ending ... Life is hard and difficult and this drama has introduced us to some aspects of it ... The words of Chalie Jung, who died in solitude, are a demonstration of this ...

Spoiler

But I would like the happy ending because the drama must continue to make us dreams...

• Like 4