[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

Hi everyone, it's still night in my country but I know many of you are waking up ...
I finished watching Episode 14 and I have to admit I've changed my mind ...
Hae-hyo and Jung-ha aren't that bad in their respective roles as Hye-Joon's friend and girlfriend. ..are human!

After all, the super girlfriend or the super friend don't really exist ...
Hae-hyo and Jung-ha often see each other and dating, but they know how to set boundaries like when Jung-ha refused Hae-hyo's hand to wipe his lips.
That of these three guys is not the classic triangle because Jung-ha never questioned his relationship with Hye-joon and Hae-hyo never intended to cheat on his friend. Of course they made mistakes, mainly dictated by a lack of sincerity, but they are youthful mistakes, not a betrayal ...

Hae-hyo is not bad guy, maybe just immature and spoiled, he really accidentally fell in love with his best friend's girlfriend ... and maybe, indeed for sure, sometimes he is in trouble and embarrassed about it towards his friend... But so he likes Jung-ha's company so much who deson't hesitate to lie to Hye-joon and uses moral blackmail (pointing out the favors he has done to her over time) to have some time to spend with her .. this is not polite or elegant, but acts on impulse, probably showing all his immaturity, which is even more evidenced by the comparison with Hye-joon...

Jung-ha is definitely not the classic woman in love taht we see in the dramas... she has no heart-shaped eyes and  does not allow herself to be commanded or treated like doll ... She's smart and independent, not prone to sentimentality, but very much respectful of her boyfriend, perhaps too much, because she never asks him for anything ... She is proud of him and tries to support him by doing her best, but she is unprepared to manage her emotions, her rationality and irony are often a personal shield of which she serves to prevent their to get way too close... Someone (I also did so) criticized her for inviting her friend into the house at night, but she herself realized she was wrong... Nobody is perfect... He left Hye-joo just to protect him, and knowing he wouldn't agree, prevented him from arguing ... she leaves with his usual melancholy smile ... maybe she won't even look at him ... but the life has hardened her towards love ... I'm sure their love story is not over...

In this episode I really enjoyed the newfound relationship between the brothers in the Sa family ... and the family theme was central  throughout the drama ... Hye-joon realized he could rely on his family and Jung-ha only relies on herself ...
Record of Youth proves once again a never superficial and courageous drama and I am proud of it and I understand why Bo Gum chose it, he wanted to leave for the military service, leaving something that could make us reflect and improve ... If  he wanted, he could have make a romantic comedy like many others, even successful and forgettable in my opinion, lui could have done it, but he chose Record of Youth. Chapeau.
Ps sorry my english is not my native language

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Boj said:

Hye-joon realized he could rely on his family and Jung-ha only relies on herself ...

This is why I understand jeongha more. She grew up by herself. She saw her parents built their own new family without her and let’s be honest that’s the most heartbreaking thing about having divorced parents. She needed to grow up fast to help herself with the reality of life. She will always love Hyejun no matter what because he helped her to continue with her life. Hyejun inspired her to live. Remember, she’s the first fangirl of Hyejun before his success. :dissapointed: Hyejun is the best thing that happened to JeongHa’s life and Jeongha is the best thing that happened to hyejun’s life.  But time and some people around them are pulling them apart. :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

This is why I understand jeongha more. She grew up by herself. She saw her parents built their own new family without her and let’s be honest that’s the most heartbreaking thing about having divorced parents. She needed to grow up fast to help herself with the reality of life. She will always love Hyejun no matter what because he helped her to continue with her life. Hyejun inspired her to live. Remember, she’s the first fangirl of Hyejun before his success. :dissapointed: Hyejun is the best thing that happened to JeongHa’s life and Jeongha is the best thing that happened to hyejun’s life.  But time and some people around them are pulling them apart. :bawling:

I really want to know how HJ will do. I don't think HJ can let JH go. It will be too sad.

I also want to know what MGR MJ did. :unsure: Sell JJP Entertainment to LTS’ company? 

These 2 women enter HJ’s world and help him succeed. Please keep it to the end. 

BTW, I really love HJ’s family. They can have lot of argument but the door always open for each other. It is the best that HJ bought the HOME. (Will JH has dinner with HJ’s mom at the end?) :blink: 

• Like 5

On 10/23/2020 at 7:43 AM, Katy C said:

I really want to know how HJ will do. I don't think HJ can let JH go. It will be too sad.

I also want to know what MGR MJ did. :unsure: Sell JJP Entertainment to LTS’ company? 

These 2 women enter HJ’s world and help him succeed. Please keep it to the end. 

HJ doesn't want to let either woman go, but they mistakenly think are not at his level. I think that JH will soon find that she cannot live without HJ.

15 hours ago, H0ney said:

EP 13-14 

- I always like SHJ big bro HAHAHAHA. I love the way he posted his coments online. I am so proud of him. Hahahahaa I also love the way he talks along this series. My favorite scene of him was when he rolled his eyes to his manager at bank. 

- I also like the scene when the police asked HJ's big bro is Minjae noona his wife? HAHAHAHAHA. I hope there will be romance part for these two lol :mrgreen:

- My other favorite scenes from ep 13-14 also whenever Hae Hyo's mom hits her husband with pillows and when she throws her suit to his face HAHAHAHA. Oh ya I love this omoni fashion in ROY specially her earrings and shoes :kiss_wink:

-  Poor Hae Hyo but in my view he is better to focus in his career as a model. I love watching him walked on the runway at the previews eps. He was born to be a model plus he is handsome :love:

- I love how SHJ values family in this drama. I work in the field where our main program is about family, that is why I love this drama. I am too sleepy when typing this. Would love to quote SHJ's words about family when he talks to HH but too sleepy to open the drama again hahaha ^_*

- I hope AJH and SHJ can find solution for their relationship. Being together is better than being solo. My motto hehe.

- I hope Minjae Noona will send reporter Kim Sun to the prison. How come a reporter use her instrument (media) to destroyed someone's private life. I never like any reporter like this. I hope SHJ's fans will crushed her hahaha and Lee Tae Suu. This gossip comes from him first.

sweetdreams all <3

@H0neyI like HJ's bro too.  His reaction meme is fun part of the drama. Your post makes me motivate to find this.

Thanks @gumtaek@Sakurafairy for sharing ROY ranking top 10 in netflix ranking too.  Appreciate all ROY drama fan's as well as PBG's global fansite ( giftaway / game etc ) to reach out to all audience's awareness.  When drama success, all cast and crew will gets benefits ( new drama/ movie/ CF opportunity / publicity/ increase followers).

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2