[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

1 hour ago, frances said:

I don't think that could represent a scandal, maybe a gossip. Instead I fear for the double scandal involving JH and her late night dates with HK and HH. Can't wait to discover it. 

Hehehe. I just said that for my wild imaginations. Hehehe:D

SHJ! did you ever mention to JH that your lawyer is your ex-girlfriend? :crazy::expressionless:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have so many thoughts about this drama, but I will just hone in on the most important.   The biggest underlying theme in this drama is CLASS.    From the very beginning, everyone

Silent lurker n regular follower here.  Annyeong, welcome to the thread  chingu.    had to get this off my chest abt ep 11 n 12.. do let me know your thoughts if you guys perceived thes

40 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

To the people who doubted Ahn Jeong Ha, shame on you. She even watered the plant HyeJun gift. 

I don't doubt her, but should she stop secretly dating HH and HH has no other friends to confide in?

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 1

Video Preview for Ep 14  of Record Of Youth

Min-Jae tells Hye-Jun : I'm gonna sue both the newspapers and the reporter too! 

When Hye-Jun's parents saw the news report about Hye-Jun's scandals with Charlie Jung...

Hye-Jun's dad exclaims What are they trying to say?

Gyeong-Jun tells the police officer at the station : I didn't do anything wrong...

Hye-Jun tells his bro : Because of you, we will have to settle with him. Though we needn't have to do so....

Min-Jae tells Hye-Jun : Let's disclose the text message...

She continues saying : Why do we have to...(have to suffer in silence) When there is another easier way out for us?

Hye-Jun disagrees as he says : Because he (Charlie Jung) is a person!

Reporter Kim goes to look for Jeong-Ha at her make-up studio...

She tells Jeong-Ha : He's (implying Hye-Jun) got to prepare himself for what is likely to lie ahead of him...

Jeong-Ha says : I don't want to be your emotional outlet anymore...

• Thanks 4
5 minutes ago, MinLyn said:

She tells Jeong-Ha : He's (implying Hye-Jun) got to prepare himself for what is likely to lie ahead of him...

Jeong-Ha to Hye-Jun : I don't want to be your emotional outlet anymore...

Why do i feel JH will let go of HyeJun becoz of the fake news reporter threatening to ruin his career? 

Spoiler

qmkA0HB.jpg

Text Preview for Ep 14 of Record of Youth

Before his death, Charlie Jung had sent his last text message to Hye-Jun. And this fact became made known to the world. Hye-Jun once again becomes the target of people's gossip and this troubles him. Jeong-Ha is worried that rumours of her romantic relationship with Hye-Jun will cause a greater blow to him...
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

Waaah! The conversation HJ and JH had was so beautiful and they balance each other’s argument. It’s just so sad that their situation is not working for them. I’m still crying after watching it. They love each other very very much. My heart breaks for this beautiful couple. :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Opening scene of Ep 13...

Spoiler

Jeong-Ha invites Hae0Hyo into her house to have some hot tea. Hae-Hye thanks Jeong-Ha for reaching out to him when she needs someone to come to her aid...Jeong-Ha then apologises to Hae-Hyo for calling him as she has had a rough day today...

Hae-Hyo then tells her not to misunderstand his words or intentions because he has helped her out since she is Hye-Joon's girlfriend...and that's all...

Hae-Hyo chides Jeong-Ha lightly saying what makes her think that he likes her...

Jeong-Ha is relieved upon hearing his words and she tells him that she is just worried about it...and of course it wouldn't have crossed her mind that he likes her...

This is when Jeong-Ha receives a call from Hye-Jun...

Hye-Jun asks if Jeong-Ha has called him earlier and informs her that he is in Singapore right now...and apologises for not being able to take her call earlier as he was on the plane...

Hye-Jun then asks Jeong-Ha if something has happened but the latter assures him that she just wants to talk to him and that is all...

Hye-Joon asks Jeong-Ha what she is doing now and suggests that they have a long chat over the phone...

Jeong-Ha then tells Hye-Jun that he should have a good night's rest and prepare himself well for the fan meeting...

Hye-Jun then tells Jeong-Ha that he misses her and the latter says that she misses him too...

Jeong-Ha tells Hae-Hyo that that was Hye-Jun on the phone earlier with her and adds that she didn't tell Hye-Jun that Hae-Hyo is here at her house because she says that Hye-Jun may be upset if he comes to know that they are still together at this late hour...

Hae-Hyo then tells Jeong-Ha that she is very considerate of Hye-jun's feelings...

And Jeong-Ha replies it's becasue she knows that Hye-Jun is doing his best too...where their relationship is concerned...

Jeong-Ha then reveals to Hae-Hyo that she did call Hye-Jun first before calling the latter but Hye-Joon didn't pick up her calls...

Hae-Hyo then asks Jeong-Ha if he is there to stand in for Hye-Joon...

Jeong-Ha then explains that this thought came to her mind that she can still call someone else even if Hye-Joon is not there to pick up her calls...But she has come to regret the moment when she calls Hae-Hyo and she apologises for her actions...

Hae-Hyo then tells her that he wouldn't have turned if he didn't want to....

Hae-Hyo tells Jeong-Ha that she can still continue to make use of him for this beautiful relationship she has with Hye-Joon...

Jeong-Ha is perplexed upon hearing his words as she asks him do Hye-Jun and her need to use someone else in order to maintain their relationship....

Hae-Hyo then tell Jeong-Ha not to be too serious about what he has said to her earlier so the latter replies that everything in life is serious and is not something we should be joking about...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, blue_izce8 said:

I think its JH's turn to show HJ that he could depend on her...im not 100% sure but looks like im seeing JH fighting for HJ...

@MinLyn i think JH's statement is for HH.

Sometimes teasers can be deceiving...but I think she was directing herself to Hae Hyo, not Hye Jun. Hae Hyo has, as of late ,been relying on Jung Ha during his low moments.

• Like 2
The next scene...

Spoiler

A news article is written about Hye-Jun dating his onscreen co-star Jin Seo-U so Min-Jae is lamenting that scandals are circulating round the clock.

Min-Jae then gets the press to release another article about Hye-Jun's denying all dating rumours about him and Jin Seo-U...

Hye-Joon has about half an hour before the shooting so he goes to see Jeong-Ha wanting to clarify this matter with her too...

The latter is surprised to see him as she knows that he has a shooting that day so Hye-Joon tells her that he just wants to drop by to see her...

Hye-Joon asks Jeong-Ha is she can do his hair and make-up so the latter says that she can't help him with them as her customer is due to arrive soon...

He then apologises to her so the latter asks Hye-Joon why is he always saying "I am sorry to her" and he seems to be apologising to her far too often...

Jeong-Ha then teases him and asks him why he is apologising to her again...and she wants to hear it from him...

Hye-Jun tells Jeong-Ha that Jin Seo-U and him are just friends and that there is nothing more to it...

Jeong-Ha then says that she didn't even ask him about his relationship Seo-U so the latter is surprised and asks her didn't she see the newspaper article written about him dating Seo-U...

Jeong-Ha then replies that it's because his drama is such a big hit so there are articles written about him almost every day. Hence, she has stopped reading all these articles as it's not good for her mental well-being...

Hye-Joon then remarks it's all good then...

Jeong-Ha asks Hye-Jun if the news article are about him dating Jin Seo-U...

This is when he receives a call from his assistant, Chi-Yeong that he has to get going soon...

Jeong-Ha then assures Hye-Jun that she trusts in him and that she will only believe in what she has seen with her eyes and what Hye-Jun says to her....so she tells him that he needn't worry about it...

Hye-Jun tells Jeong-Ha to have dinner with his mom as the latter would like to give her a treat...

Jeong-Ha asks really and why does his mom want to give her a treat...

Hye-Jun then replies that the reason is simple and is because her son loves her (referring to Jeong-Ha)...

They then smile at each other...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Jeong-Ha says : I don't want to be your emotional outlet anymore..."

This was said in the preview for tomorrow's episode. I think JH is saying that to HH. Cos HH keeps looking for her when he is upset. JH has always been clear about her boundaries with HH, though she admitted that she shouldn't have called him to send her that day. That was crossing the line. She is a smart girl but in a tricky situation.

Also, I feel like JH is losing her love for HJ. She is always being considerate of his schedule. Or she feels like she shouldn't impose on him to the point that HH is becoming an easy temptation. This is so complicated. I don't understand what she means when she talks about happiness for a while. It feels like she doesn't see a r/s as a long term one and is ready to fly when difficulties rise or is she too independent? I hope they overcome all this! 

Nonetheless, I love how they portray the reality of celebrities, and this gives a picture of what could be happening when we read news about celeb couples breaking up because of their busy schedule. 

• Like 2
The next scene...

Spoiler

Hye-Jun reminds her husband that they should always support themselves and not depend financially on Hye-Jun...

Chairman Lee tries to please Min-Jae as he is hoping that once Hye-Jun's contract is due, he would be able to sign him on but Min-Jae turns him down and tells him that she intends to renew her contract with Hye-Jun. Chairman Lee then goes to see Gyeong-Jun at his office and tells him that he would be able to make a more lucrative offer to Hye-June since A-June is one of the top 5 entertainment agencies and adds that his company would be able to offer Hye-Jun a much higher payout if he were to sign on with them...

Park Do-Ha tells Hae-Hyo that he has looked into Hae-Hyo's list of followers on his social media accounts and has evidence to prove that someone has used money to increase the number of followers and he adds that since Hae-Hyo claims that he didn't do it then it is likely plausible that his mom is behind all these...

Min-Jae wants to renew her contract with Hye-Jun and informs him that they will go and see a lawyer together to get it done...

Hye-Jun's mom apologises to Hye-Jun for not being able to do for him and instead the latter has been so much more for their family...

Hye-Jun then tells his mom the moment two women have entered into his life, his life has kicked off a new start...

Mom thought Hye-Jun is referring to Jeong-Ha and herself but to her disappointment, he tells his mom that the two women are Jeong-Ha and Min-Jae...

Mom asks how come the other woman isn't her but Min-Jae so the latter tells her that she is his mom and she already has a special place in his heart...

Hye-Jun confides in his mom that he feels sorry for Jeong-Ha that he is not able to spend as much time with her as he would have like to...

Mom then asks Hye-Jun if she should spend more time with Jeong-Ha on his behalf...then she asks him if he has told her that she would like to give Jeong-Ha a treat so the latter says that Jeong-Ha is happy to hear this when he has told her about it.

In her make-up studio, Jeong-ha is watering the plant which Hye-Jun has given to her as she says "Hello, Hye-Jun" to the plant...cos the plant reminds Jeong-Ha of him...

Hae-Hyo lashes out at his mom for buying the number of followers on his SNS accounts...and tells her that he wants to prove that he will be able to make it on his own, using his effort but now because of what his mom has done, this is not only damaging to his self-esteem but is causing him total embarrassment too...He tells his mom how can she expect him to face other people now cos what she has done has caused him to lose his pride and dignity too...

Hae-Hyo calls Jeong-Ha and tells her that he needs someone to comfort him...

When they meet up, Hae-Hyo tells her that he is just gonna sit there and tells her not to ask him any questions so the latter remarks why did he ask to see her then...

This is when Hye-Jun texts Jeong-Ha on her cell phone but she has left it at home...

Hye-Jun asks Jeong-ha if she is asleep...

Jeong-Ha asks Hae-Hyo if she can go home now as she is feeling sleepy....Hae-Hyo then chides her saying that they have only been spending 30 minutes together and it hasn't been that long...

Jeong-Ha then remarks that that is how much boring this has been with no words spoken between them...

She is relieved when Hae-Hyo tells her that they should leave now...Hae-Hyo then remarks that she seems really glad that they head home now and the latter adds that it's because she feels it's stifled when he does not want to talk to her about his problems....

Hae-Hyo then reminds him about all the nice things he has done for her and asks her if it's only worth 30 minutes of her time...and he adds that he is too angry with her now so he has forgotten what he was upset about...

Grandpa has plans to make his son work as his manager when he goes for his photoshoots because Jin-U's dad has told Grandpa that he cannot continue to get Hye-Jun's dad to work for him as this will aggravate this shoulder injury...

Gyeong-Jun receives a call from the cybercrime police office notifying him that he has been sued for defamation because of the comment he has posted online in reply to another poster's comment...

He has earlier posted a reply to a comment made by a netizen about Hye-Jun being in a relationship with Charlie Jung wherein he wrote back and said that the netizen must be the one involved in a relationship with Charlie Jung since he knows him so well...

Min-Jae brings Hye-Jun to see the lawyer who is handling their case about nailing down the haters on the internet where Hye-Jun is concerned...

One of the lawyers in charge of his case is Ji-Ah. Ji-Ah informed Hye-Jun that some of the internet haters would like to apologise to him and others have asked for his forgiveness.

Ji-Ah shows them a document folder containing all the letters of apology from the haters...and one them is from the internet hate, by the ID "Top" as he wants to settle the case with Hye-Jun and asks for his leniency. This is going to be a sticky problem because of the reply made by Gyeong-Jun to one of Top's comments wherein Gyeong-Jin wrote that Top must be the one who has dated Charlie Jung and he has been dumped by him because he sucks...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
At the shooting scene...
Spoiler

Hye-Joon asks Hae-Hyo if he hasn't finished memorising his lines from the script...and he asks how come Hae-Hyo didn't go for his pilates class today as he was hoping to meet him at the gym...

Hae-Hyo then asks Hye-Jun if he has seen Do-Ha then the former replies that he wasn't there at that hour so Hae-Hyo starts calling Do-Ha a RickRoll'D.

Hye-Jun is surprised and remarks that it's unlike Hae-Hyo to swear at another person...

When Hye-Jun asks Hae-Hyo what's wrong, the latter says that he doesn't want to talk about it...

This is when Hye-Jun finally receives a text message from Jeong-Ha saying that she is sorry because she didn't know that he has texted her the night before...

Hye-Jun then remarks that her reply came really "fast"...(implying Jeong-Ha is already late in replying to his text message which was sent to her last night).

Hye-Jun then tells Hae-Hyo that the text message is from Jeong-Ha and adds that he texted her last night but though she has read his message, she didn't reply him...

Hae-Hyo remarks that it's likely she saw the message late in the night already so that is why Jeong-Ha didn't text Hye-Jun back...

He then tells Hye-Joon that Jeong-Ha has an interview with the actress, Lee Hae-Ji for a make-up job today...

Hye-Jun is surprised and asks Hae-Hyo how does he know about this so the latter replies it's because he has helped to set up the meeting between the two of them...

Jeong-Ha's meeting with Hae-Ji...

Spoiler

Jeong-Ha's meeting with Hae-Ji has gone well as the latter is impressed with her talents in make-up and work ethics...

Hae-Ji tells Jeong-Ha that she will definitely visit her studio whenever she wants to have a simple make-up done by her...

After the shooting, Hye-Joon tells Hae-Hyo that he still has filming for a commercial most probably until midnight...

This is when Hae-Hyo receives a call from Jeong-Ha...

Jeong-Ha then thanks Hae-Hyo profusely for helping her to arrange the meeting with Hae-Ji as the latter has given her the job and she also adds that Hae-Hyo is her saviour...

Hae-Hyo then tells Jeong-Ha that Hye-Jun is here with him and jests that he (Hye-Jun) is shooting laser beams at him with his eyes...

Jeong-Ha tells Hae-Hyo to pass the message to Hye-Jun that she would call him later...

The last scenes...of Hye-Jun & Jeong-Ha...
Spoiler

Hae-Hyo then conveys the same message to Hye-Joon...

Hye-Joon is beginning to feel a little uneasy about the close friendship shared between Hae-Hyo and Jeong-Ha...

Hye-Jun keeps staring at his phone so his assistant, Chi-Yeong asks him what is wrong...

Hye-Jun then remarks that Jeong-Ha says that she would call but she still hasn't called him yet...

Hye-Jun calls Jeong-ha instead but she is on the bus so it's not really convenient for them to talk to each other...

Hye-Jun then tells Jeong-Ha that he thought she would give him a call so the latter apologises and says that she is on board the bus so she will call him later...

Then she hangs up the phone...

Hye-Jun then remarks saying that Jeong-Ha has said these words as if Hye-Jun has never taken the bus before...

He then sends her a text message and asks here where she is going to...

The latter then replies with a simple word, "Home"...

Grandpa tells Hye-Jun's dad that he can continue working for him as his manager and that he will give him all the money he has earned and tells him that with his shoulder injury, he shouldn't be working with Jang-Man anymore...

Hye-Joon goes to Jeong's home and waits for her to return home...

When she walks in, he then tells her, "Surprise!"

Jeong-ha initially breaks into a big smile upon seeing him in her house...

Then, she is reminded of Min-Jae's words to her earlier, "What shall we do? What if she (Reporter Kim) were to expose about your relationship?" "This will be really bad for Hye-Jun"...

Seeing that her facial expression has changed to that of a worried look, a concerned-looking Hye-Jun then asks Jeong-Ha isn't she happy to see him...

Jeong-Ha replies of course she is....

Hye-Jun then stretches out his arms as he signals to Jeong-Ha to lean in for an embrace...

He tells her that he is too tired to get up from the couch...

Jeong-Ha then goes forward to be embraced by Hye-Jun...

She tells Hye-Jun that she thought he has a shooting for a commercial...

The latter then tells her that he has chosen her and dinner instead of the photoshoot...

Jeong-Ha then gets out of his embrace causing the latter to ask what's wrong...

Jeong-Ha then tells Hye-Jun that he should get himself some dinner instead...and tells him not to come over to her place anymore since it is likely that paparazzi are tailing him....

Jeong-Ha tells Hye-Joon what if people come to know that they are dating each other...Hye-Jun  replies that they will date in public then...

Jeong-Ha then remarks firstly, it was Hye-Joon's ex-girlfriend, then next is top star Jin Seo-U and does this make her the third woman in his life then...

Hye-Jun then tells Jeong-Ha that she is unlike the other two women whom she has mentioned earlier...

He tells Jeong-Ha that once they announce about their relationship, they will be able to date in public then...

Jeong-Ha then adds that there will be many cameras following them wherever they go and they will also appear on live broadcast...

She asks Hye-Joon what is going to happen to her then if someday they were to break up with each other...

Hye-Jun then asks Jeong-Ha simply, "Are we breaking up?"

Jeong-Ha then reminds Hye-Joon saying, "You never know what's going to happen next..."

There is an awkward silence between the couple now. Hye-Jun then asks Jeong-Ha, "Why did you call Hae-Hyo first instead of me when something good has happened to you?"

Jeong-Ha then replies that it's because Hye-Jun is busy...

Hye-Jun then tells Jeong-ha that in spite of all his busyness, there was never once he has ignored her text messages to him and he would always make time just to see her...

Jeong-Ha tells Hye-Jun that even despite Hye-Jun's hectic work schedule, he has always been doing his best so she wants Hye-Jun to see that she too is trying to do her very best too...

Jeong-Ha then says that since it will be brief so I should make you feel comfortable...since it will be brief, I should make you happy too...

Jeong-Ha continues saying that since it will be brief so I should be happy too...

Hye-Jun looks downcast as he apologies to her...

Jeong-Ha asks Hye-Jun if he is happy now...since he has everything that he wants now...and she adds that his career has taken off really well and this is more than he has anticipated...

Jeong-Ha continues saying that Hye-Jun seems to resemble their fathers because fathers never have their own lives since they need to support their families...

This is when Hye-Joon's assistant, Chi-Yeong calls him on his cell phone...

Jeong-Ha then motions for Hye-Jun to pick up his call that it's work that's calling for him right now...

At the commercial filming site....

Hye-Joon looks really downcast so Chi-Yeong remarks that he must be feeling really tired now...

Hye-Joon then says that he is doing fine...so his assistant tells him to cheer up...

This is when Hye-Joon receives a call from Lee Tae-Su notifying him that he (Hye-Jun) would really need his help now...and the latter informs him if he is aware about what is going to appear in the headlines for the news tomorrow...

Headlines of the news reads...
"Was Sa Hye-Jun the last person whom the late Charlie Jung has spoken to?"
"Did Charlie Jung call Sa Hye-Jun before he committed suicide?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

The 12th is an episode that confused me and at the same time clarified some things.
Jeong-ha loves Hye-jun and is walking away from him because she is afraid of causing him trouble. Towards Hae-Hyo she feels only gratitude but somehow she feels that she can talk to him about everything while with Hye-jun she can't really communicate.
Hae-Hyo came down from his high horse for a moment and realized he has never achieved anything by his own merits and now what does he do, do you think he decides to apply himself more? No, he goes crying on Jeong-ha's shoulder, deceiving her about what her real feelings are.
About this new scandal, the reporter has published an article that attributes to Hye.hum the responsibility of the designer's death. Obviously Hye-jun is innocent, but that doesn't seem to interest anyone. The preview shows him on the street alone.. it's explains more than many words how he feels.
Now it's time for Jeong-ha to show that her feelings to him aren't just fine words. If she back off of him again, then their relationship will be over ... But i if she decides to take sides with him, their love could still triumph. We have to wait for tomorrow's episode to understand what she will choose to do.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록