[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

Just wanna CONGRATULATE Record of Youth for topping the rank on this latest Good Data ranking. I hope this lasts till the final two episodes but will still be grateful for whatever number it will be in the ranking in the coming episodes. :wub:

[Competition between dramas is so tough at this time. So many good dramas] 

:cutekitty:

2020101580200-1.jpg

Cheers to Park Bo Gum for #1 and Park So Dam for #8.

2020101580200-0.jpg

cr: good data IG

@realistic2280a Bogum is a tall guy,  nearing to at least 6 ft tall  but I think RJY is taller than him by 1 cm. 182 and 183 cm are basically same height. :)

Japan Netflix is a little odd or shall I say the viewers are loyal. Even up to this day WWWSK keeps its spot in #1. So yeah it's a celebration if ROY tops Netflix Japan. @gumtaek :o

Sa Hye Joon's new bedroom in the their basement built by Appa and his team :o

Spoiler

20201015-125206.jpg

20201015-125205.jpg

20201015-125203.jpg

• Like 8
  • Awesome 3

Silent lurker n regular follower here. 

Annyeong chingus!!

had to get this off my chest abt ep 11 n 12.. do let me know your thoughts if you guys perceived these scenes differently

I felt that SHJ  isn't giving priority to his relationship with JH/ that he has taken it fr granted

1. Only  when jinwu asked him what JH would think abt his ex-gf interview, SHJ thought abt it n called JH

2. Also Jinwu reminded SHJ wouldn't it be better for him to see his gf now than n his friends.. given the situation

3. Shj is going overseas but JH didn't know n even tried calling him.. it seems to me that SHJ is a very private person but wouldn't someone tell his gf atleast by text if they r going overseas? ( maybe next week will throw some light on this)

4. SHJ wants to work all the time as he loves it but does he realize that he doesn't have time fr his gf? He keeps telling thst he loves his work but surely he need not pack his schedule so tightly right.. even Minjae tells him to take a break? So isn't he giving more priority to work ?Or Is this how the industry works? 

5.SHJ seems oblivious to JHs feelings n what she is going through.. from her expressions n reactions.. wouldn't he wonder why she isn't asking abt rumors n other things!!. i guess its JHs fault as well fr not being open in the relationship

I guess these r deliberate to show that neither of them r perfect n are normal ppl like us.. each with their own flaws..

I love this show esp the portrayal of the family n their relationship.. being from Asian culture..I cannot tell you how real their daily conversations are.. the changing dynamics.. relationships between each member..soo real.. sooo rare to see in kdrama..!! 

i dunno if any other drama has portrayed the real problems of celebrities.. awesome story line throughout!!

ps: was soo waiting fr the bedroom scene in ep 9/10  now looks like it may never happen or may come as a flashback in future!!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, nikir said:

Annyeong chingus!!

had to get this off my chest abt ep 11 n 12.. do let me know your thoughts if you guys perceived these scenes differently

I felt that SHJ  isn't giving priority to his relationship with JH/ that he has taken it fr granted

1. Only  when jinwu asked him what JH would think abt his ex-gf interview, SHJ thought abt it n called JH

2. Also Jinwu reminded SHJ wouldn't it be better for him to see his gf now than n his friends.. given the situation

3. Shj is going overseas but JH didn't know n even tried calling him.. it seems to me that SHJ is a very private person but wouldn't someone tell his gf atleast by text if they r going overseas? ( maybe next week will throw some light on this)

4. SHJ wants to work all the time as he loves it but does he realize that he doesn't have time fr his gf? He keeps telling thst he loves his work but surely he need not pack his schedule so tightly right.. even Minjae tells him to take a break? So isn't he giving more priority to work ?Or Is this how the industry works? 

5.SHJ seems oblivious to JHs feelings n what she is going through.. from her expressions n reactions.. wouldn't he wonder why she isn't asking abt rumors n other things!!. i guess its JHs fault as well fr not being open in the relationship

I guess these r deliberate to show that neither of them r perfect n are normal ppl like us.. each with their own flaws..

I love this show esp the portrayal of the family n their relationship.. being from Asian culture..I cannot tell you how real their daily conversations are.. the changing dynamics.. relationships between each member..soo real.. sooo rare to see in kdrama..!! 

i dunno if any other drama has portrayed the real problems of celebrities.. awesome story line throughout!!

ps: was soo waiting fr the bedroom scene in ep 9/10  now looks like it may never happen or may come as a flashback in future!!

Waah. Finally, someone like you understand what JH’s feelings. I totally agree with this observation! That’s why i feel really bad for JH and I’m very very satisfied of HJ feeling jealous of HH and JH’s closeness. He never went to help her in the process of fixing the make up studio and HH was the one who helped her. Maybe, that’s why she and HH got alot closer. :dissapointed: plus, the video call scene with Lee sung kyung i really felt bad for her at that moment. SHJ should’ve introduced her gf and that’s the make up artist he recommended to LSK that time becoz she knew his relationship to JH. Sorry for my bad english. :expressionless:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

Waah. Finally, someone like you understand what JH’s feelings. I totally agree with this observation! That’s why i feel really bad for JH and I’m very very satisfied of HJ feeling jealous of HH and JH’s closeness. He never went to help her in the process of fixing the make up studio and HH was the one who helped her. Maybe, that’s why she and HH got alot closer. :dissapointed: plus, the video call scene with Lee sung kyung i really felt bad for her at that moment. SHJ should’ve introduced her gf and that’s the make up artist he recommended to LSK that time becoz she knew his relationship to JH. Sorry for my bad english. :expressionless:

Yes in the video call scene, i would have expected shj to talk to jh or say something instead of just brushing it under the carpet.. clearly both of them felt bad so they should have talked it out!! Poor jh

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, nikir said:

Yes in the video call scene, i would have expected shj to talk to jh or say something instead of just brushing it under the carpet.. clearly both of them felt bad so they should have talked it out!! Poor jh

True! He just acted like nothings wrong but he knew JH was hurting. He asked  to have picture to clear the awkward moment and send it the other with sweet message to make JH feel better. I understand that HJ is working hard to make up the time that he lost but i feel more with JH especially when minjae noona asked her not to be obvious because his ex gf just finished with the interview and if the public know his relationship to her it may affect HJ’s career. I got really hurt for jeongha on that moment. She wants to love hyejun but loving him can make his career difficult. I love her becoz she never demands of his time. She understand that his always busy and tired that’s why she doesn’t bother him. They’re both lucky with each other really, it’s just super sad because of the huge changes in their life the relationship between them suffer. :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, nikir said:

Annyeong chingus!!

Yes. JH is a strong girl so she will not cry and will not disturb HJ. However, the lonely feeling will appear again. In the preview of EP13, HH really stimulated HJ. HJ & JH must overcome this situation. Otherwise, the relationship cannot go to next step.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nikir said:

All throughout I felt HJ was too perfect and finally in episode 12 finally there was a flaw in our beloved character. Not that I want it but still necessary to see growth in him. This is what fame can do to one, the crazy schedule and the lack of time to think might have caused him to put his r/s in the backseat. I'm sure his heart for her didn't change but external things can throw a spanner in a r/s.

JH said earlier to take it slow. Then again, I felt HJ should fight for her more, protect her more by expressing it to her. They have a strong trust connection, the way the looked at each other before the filming when JH was tagging along was a sign of a couple who trusted and knew each other well. 

The seemingly lack of communication in their r/s is something that didn't sit well with me. Or maybe they just didn't show how close they are? Going overseas is a big thing even if it happens frequently, so if they are dating, she would probably at least know it? 

JH's character gives me the impression that she is rather closed but I think because of HJ she is growing to open her heart and that is also probably why she is feeling hurt.

• Like 5

I think HJ was thinking of their current situation during his flight. We can see that he cant sleep and seemed to be thinking about something. 

I agree with some of you that knowing how strong and independent JH is she wont really bother HJ, but what i like about her is that whenever there is something important that is going to happen in her life, she shares it with HJ. I remember the scene when JH told HJ that his approval of her decision (which was quitting the salon and opening her own) is the most important, its because she considers him as  "partner". While HJ failed to inform her about Jia's interview even if happened early that day and one of you mentioned, he didnt even thought of calling her which is sad. He should have at least called JH after learning about the interview. 

Also, from the BTS the director mentioned that their fall out must be introduced during their scene at JH's place have a drink. So we should be ready for the remaining 4 episodes. 

Tbh, im really loving this series...i dont want it to end yet. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, nikir said:

Annyeong, welcome to the thread  chingu. :)

I felt that SHJ  isn't giving priority to his relationship with JH/ that he has taken it fr granted. 

I beg to disagree. I rewatch the episode but HJ never  taken for granted JH in an intentional manner. He is just very busy with the flow of his career right now. Whenever he has time, he makes sure, he goes straight to JH's house. 

After the filming of The Return of the King from rural site, instead of going home immediately, he visited JH  first and prepared foods for her. 

Going back to the agency's situation when HJ and HH met and  the childhood friends fought with words. This dialogue of HH appeared from his mouth after HJ spoke about consulting - "You are with JH when you are free. You don't have time for us." 

Spoiler

IMG-20201015-195009.jpg

IMG-20201015-195018.jpg

IMG-20201015-195026.jpg

IMG-20201015-195036.jpg

Every time HH and JH will have a conversation,  HJ's name will always pop out. HH saying and emphasizing that HJ doesn't have time anymore for them because he prioritizes JH more than his friends. 

Again from HH's mouth comes out that "He has been neglecting his friends because of his girlfriend."

Spoiler

IMG-20201015-194804.jpg

IMG-20201015-194816.jpg

IMG-20201015-194828.jpg

IMG-20201015-194838.jpg

1. Only  when jinwu asked him what JH would thik abt his ex-gf interview, SHJ thought abt it n called JH. 

HJ was also flustered upon knowing from HH that JA would do an interview testifying that HJ is really a namja that has loved woman all his life and not the other way around. 

Since the problem of Haena and JinU was mentioned by HH and upon knowing from HH about HJ neglecting them these days, HJ felt the need to lead  the reconciliation between HH and JU since HJ had a part of being dishonest to HH and for concealing the fact of JU and HN's dating. 

When JU said about this,  HJ shared his reason. He felt naked in front of JH since his affection is overflowing for her. His situation changed drastically. Before, if he didn't tell his family there's no way for them to know his job's situation but today even he didn't tell them, since he is famous,  they would know it thru news the same way with JH and that hurt him because he couldn't able to protect his family and his gf. 

At that time, he couldn't even face JH yet, but thanks to his good friend that reminded him that they needed to meet first so he ran immediately to JH's apartment. 

Spoiler

IMG-20201015-202434.jpg

IMG-20201015-202447.jpg

IMG-20201015-202457.jpg

Furthermore, I understand HJ about his behavior of protecting his family and JH. In telling them what is positive only and pretending that everything is okay. That's a person's heart. 

In some point of our lives,  when we are facing hardships, as long as we can resolve it by ourselves,  we are resolving it unassisted. We don't want to worry our loved ones. 

However,  I also understand if JH got upset about HJ hiding the true situation and his true feelings from her because "the people we love want to share the burden of that hardship." It is more disappointing if the people we love keep on trying to hide the problem from us as if we can't even give even a small help. 

Spoiler

IMG-20201015-204343.jpg

IMG-20201015-204354.jpg

IMG-20201015-204403.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20201015-204430.jpg

IMG-20201015-204443.jpg

IMG-20201015-204452.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20201015-204501.jpg

IMG-20201015-204510.jpg

IMG-20201015-204518.jpg

Agreed. I think this needs the next episode for us to really know if HJ doesn't really call JH. The PD has way of twisting scenes so the viewers get confused. 

4. SHJ wants to work all the time as he loves it but does he realize that he doesn't have time fr his gf?

As I mentioned before,  whenever he has time he goes to JH's house straightly. In ep12 he even spent time to be with JH to design the interior of the new salon and even naming the salon HJ was involved. When it opened,  he even bought plants and brought it to JH's salon. He even bought a fridge. Although HJ is always saying he is sorry for not able to help her in transferring the furnitures.

He keeps telling that he loves his work but surely he need not pack his schedule so tightly right.. even Minjae tells him to take a break? So isn't he giving more priority to work ?Or Is this how the industry works? 

I don't think he has the choice of rejecting drama/movie offers at this time after he has been through within the seven years drought of his life while he is in Lee Tae Soo's agency. 

I think also that this is the way the industry of celebrities work. "Strike while the iron is hot" is a well known saying in the celebrity world because being famous and in the limelight will not stay the same for a very long time. Newcomers will come and snatch that opportunities. 

In terms of relationship, that's why they come up with the reason "busy with their own schedule so they break up". I hope HJ and JH will be successful in dealing with the obstacles in their relationship. 

They both have good characteristics and that's also their weaknesses. HJ wants for JH to see what's only good and beautiful because he thinks by not saying/informing to her  what he has been through means the situation is just nothing. It's is not that big deal. I understand HJ for that sentiment.

While JH doesn't want to ask more from HJ because she doesn't want to know that she is worrying too much about HJ's situation. By not asking and pretending that everything is allright, she thinks it will be a less burden for HJ. I also understand JH for that. 

But, analyzing their relationship, it's better for them to have an open communication. HJ should share more the burden he is facing especially about rumors to JH so she can help HJ on her own ways.  The same way JH should be more assertive in asking HJ about his life and his problems and assuring him that if they are together to solve the problem it will be easier for them. 

I couldn't agree more. They have a long way to go in facing the reality of life. Every experience will be written in their life's resume. 

So true. I feel it's my family there in the tv. A part of this and that are my family 's story. 

I really want to see the real thing. I mean, what particular scene triggers that. I want to know if it's really a bedroom scene or pacification scene. LoL.  PDnim please give us light about this. LoL

:gangnamstyle:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

9 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

I rewatch the episode but HJ never  taken for granted JH in an intentional manner. He is just very busy with the flow of his career right now. Whenever he has time, he makes sure, he goes straight to JH's house. 

I think the drama wants to show realistically the difficulties that a famous actor has in managing private and public life.  HJ is doing everything he can to be around her, he has also neglected friends and family, but still not so important that he can turn down a job.  I thought that JH could understand him better, instead she sadly lives the distance from him and allows HH to be too close to her.  I believe that if they were really alone in her house, this was not respectful towards HJ, also because she has always said that the  independence is her pride and now she sticks to HH.  I don't like it, I feel very protective of HJ, because he's been having a hard time and his friend HH didn't do much to help him, too focused on his jealousy and envy.  And now he also tries to steal his girlfriend. 

15 hours ago, nikir said:

What I thought is that the bed scene may have been cut, it also happened in Encounter.  I'd be sorry, also because I think Bo Gum is number one in the passion scenes :bashful:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3