[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

3 minutes ago, LanA said:

haha, I wish they will have bed scence but not the consequence of it (No babies please). They're still young and have a lot of things they want to take over. Having babies will mostly make their dreams harder to reach.

I don’t mean literally that they make babies.  What I mean is do it, you know what i mean. Hahahahaha. I just said it in a way of saying the process :D:phew:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

I want to think HyeJun and JeongHa will take their love to the next level by spending the night together. Please make babies instead of breaking up. Break the bed, don’t break each other.

I also think that they did the DID in ep 8.  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Senseandstyle said:

I also think that they did the DID in ep 8.  

That DID thing is 100% sure. What's amazing is the subtleness of that beautiful event of their lives. 

If I'm not mistaken, was it @LanA that asked about this. I answered if they would incorporate this, should be in a subtle way since this is a youth drama.

YAY they made it so beautiful. My imagination just went wild after I watched that part. I love how Hyejoon just moved from his sitting position and looked at Jeongha.

Yayyy, so beautiful! They didn't do anything beyond but the scene implied the most sensuality I've ever watched in a drama. :wub:

@LanA this:

Spoiler

IMG-20200930-104731.jpg

IMG-20200930-104744.jpg

IMG-20200930-104753.jpg

IMG-20200930-104822.jpg

43 minutes ago, Dj272 said:

does anyone know why JH can't hold HJ's hair after dyeing it? even though JH even gave a head massage before?? Really curious

Lol,  chingu! I think it is not about because of the dye perse but the electricity of that being physically attached. They both love each other. There are some physical actions in a couple that are giving enough electricity to make the inner body to move sensually. 

:onfirex:

Btw,  I really love Kim Jae Hwan OST "What If". 

WHY EVERYONE HERE IS ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT BREAKING UP?  

LET'S GIVE THEM A BREAK, LOL! :wut:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

That DID thing is 100% sure. What's amazing is the subtleness of that beautiful event of their lives. 

If I'm not mistaken, was it @LanA that asked about this. I answered if they would incorporate this, should be in a subtle way since this is a youth drama.

YAY they made it so beautiful. My imagination just went wild after I watched that part. I love how Hyejoon just moved from his sitting position and looked at Jeongha.

Yayyy, so beautiful! They didn't do anything beyond but the scene implied the most sensuality I've ever watched in a drama. :wub:

I don't think that bed scene happened in ep 8. From previous eps, we were able to watch events before the ending scene (e.g: The last scene of ep 7 showing HJ acting, but we got to see what happened before that in the first 30' of ep 8). So my guess is that bed scene has not happened in ep 8 yet, we can see it in the begining of ep 9, after the dancing in rain scene. 

Let's say the dancing in the rain is the last scene of ep 8, there's no time for them to do it, take it that he went pick her up, they went to the church, sat in the car > danced in the rain > bed scene. That sequences are more logical I think.

• Insightful 3

2 minutes ago, LanA said:

I don't think that bed scene happened in ep 8. From previous eps, we were able to watch events before the ending scene (e.g: The last scene of ep 7 showing HJ acting, but we got to see what happened before that in the first 30' of ep 8). So my guess is that bed scene has not happened in ep 8 yet, we can see it in the begining of ep 9, after the dancing in rain scene. 

Let's say the dancing in the rain is the last scene of ep 8, there's no time for them to do it, take it that he went pick her up, they went to the church, sat in the car > danced in the rain > bed scene. That sequences are more logical I think.

Your timeline I think is correct.

One more thing,  I also think that beautiful thing happened in the nun's place. Mostly convents have their rooms to rent because the place is far. Let's see in the coming episodes. 

:cutekitty:

I just copied this excerpt from Soompi. It's worth to post here.

Thanks chingu @YongZura⁷ for posting the Soompi Twitter update about ROY. 

“Record Of Youth” Holds On To Lead In Viewership Ratings"

tvN’s “Record of Youth” continues to lead the pack in viewership ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 29 episode of “Record of Youth” recorded average nationwide ratings of 7.7 percent. The most-watched moment in the episode reached a peak of 9.0 percent. This was the highest ratings recorded among the dramas in its time slot, including cable and public broadcast channels.

In the Seoul metropolitan area, the drama recorded ratings of 9.2 percent and a peak of 11.0 percent. In tvN’s target audience of 20-to-49-year-olds, the drama recorded an average rating of 4.0 percent and a peak of 4.6 percent, both nationwide and in the metropolitan area.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428727wpp/record-of-youth-holds-on-to-lead-in-viewership-ratings

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Chingus~~
Thanks for having this forum, so it is not too hard for waiting next ep every week.

Many scenes of ROY are beautiful and dreamy. The young people chase their dream, their love and their future. It is Youth and they will get lots of challenges to become a good person. 

Our couple are very pure and simple, just do their best and do not hurt other people to get success and their relationship is comfort to each other. However, it is really hard in reality.

HJ adhere his believe when choose the drama script. (MJ eonni, I also do not like the drama name) JH have doubt because of her job and her family. It make me sad when JH cry. I love JH so much because she always smile, lovely and independent. (HJ should give a hug to JH immediately and let her know she is not alone.) JH feel sad because HJ is very busy and she have no friend to share her bad feeling.

Jia want to destroy the relationship between HJ and JH, but HH do not. (Until now, HH control himself very well because he really love HJ and JH.) Will HH and JH become closer friend? It is Ok if they can help each other’s job. HH’s mum? No comment to her because she is work hard to her children but wrong method. She always believe that she is right.

I am curious what JH do and HJ need to forgive her. Is it related to her mum? But I do believe there will be happy ending because HJ is a good person and his love is so deep.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

The last scene with Hye Jun and Jeong Ha playfully dancing in the rain was so beautifully done I’m actually at a loss for words as I find it difficult to articulate something so pure and profound as what Hye Jun and Jeong Ha share. They have a strong bond and they connect with each other not only on the emotional and intellectual level but also, as this episode has shown, on a spiritual level.

7-C68-A4-A5-981-A-4-C27-857-C-B369732980

We were shown this quote earlier.

The reality of life is that there will be ups and downs. Hye Jun and Jeong Ha will encounter difficulties along the way. What is important is for them to overcome these. Wherever path their journey may bring their destination will always be towards each other.

At the end of the episode, Hye Jun narrates this:

“Do you remember the first time we met?”

“We were in the rain from the very beginning.”

C090142-B-EB59-4-BE0-BCD7-E9528-B703835.

7769-F30-B-4-BDA-4-B91-BD2-A-87314-E6171
I’ve mentioned in a previous post about the rain foreshadowing the storm on the horizon. From this scene, I’m confident that whatever obstacles are thrown their way — the people in their lives causing harm or people in their family hurting them— they will overcome all of these. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

That scene in question is being debated on Twitter.:lol: The truth is PD Ahn Kil Ho's style of directing always pulls in a surprise each time contrary to viewers' expectations.

If I were to judge mainly by their facial expressions my guess is that they're in serious discussion most likely about their relationship. Normally, in an intimate scene, Park Bogum from previous dramas would have what fans call "bedroom eyes" or a heart-fluttering gaze like the one he had during his Confession to Jung Ha. But in Ep. 8 if I read properly his expression, he seemed tense---not sexual tension---and upset. Jung Ha also didn't have the expression proper of one about to engage in an intimate encounter. I don't know why I thought she had a hurt expression on her face or that whatever it was they talked about was causing a negative vibe between the two.

Of course I could have misread it. It didn't help that the scene was shot in the bedroom.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Rewatching

Spoiler

The OST Part 4 WheeIn - Shine On You

The translation of OST Part 5 by Kim Jae Hwan -   What If

So many things I wish I could do better
 So here I am just don’t know what to say
 I’m standing in countless thoughts and feelings 
 Every day

You know about my heavy heart
 Things that I couldn’t say anywhere else
 I can tell you all day

I didn’t know how much I really needed you
 I can always lean on you, we’re so comfortable around each other

But what if this is all
 This is a more special kind of comfort
 It’s something different
 Oh What if we make it all

When my once empty heart was growing bigger
 When I felt empty, sad and blue
 Like writing down an answer
 I went to you so naturally

Spoiler

The part of me that ran out of breath with each step
 Has gone far away
 Everything feels so light when I’m in front of you

I didn’t know how much I really needed you
 I can always lean on you, we’re so comfortable around each other

But what if this is love
 Greater than preciousness
 Deeper than longing
 Oh What if we make it love

What if this is love
 My heart that hurts the more we are apart
 My feelings that grow deeper the more time passes
 Oh What if this is love

One day, when you weren’t here
 My heart ached so much that I couldn’t take it
 It was then that I knew
 This is called love

This is called love
 This is called love
 Oh
 This is called love

Credit to popgasa

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

13 hours ago, LanA said:

Yup exactly. the bed scene is a preview of ep 9. 

After dancing in the rain, it will show the bed scene ( the Did is already implied)  :)

what we saw in ep 8 was " after the DID" :)

--------

EDIT EDIT EDIT 

I saw the stills in the next page. So after looking at it, there seems to be a strong tension between the two. So based on this, This scene is BEFORE the DID! :)

( when i say "tension" i dont mean fight or anything negative. It is a strong desire to be with the one they love. Therefore........ :)

Let's see on Monday. ;)

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2

32 minutes ago, Senseandstyle said:

Yup exactly. the bed scene is a preview of ep 9. 

After dancing in the rain, it will show the bed scene ( the Did is already implied)  :)

what we saw in ep 8 was " after the DID" :)

I think what we saw in ep 8 was the beginning. By the way, is DID mean "having sex"? 

• LOL 1

I thought it was a little unusual for Jeong Ha to look aloof. She also had her legs across her body. Which is not typical position for a romantic scene. @gumtaek you could be right. They may have had a misunderstanding earlier.

PD Ahn sure knows how to make those cliffhangers. We will find out next week whether they did or not. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I rewatch episode 8 again and now I think they will not break up anytime soon. For me, I think 11-12 episodes will show the fall out of HJ and JH relationship their shortcomings and struggles to each other. Maybe 9-10 episode will show that their relationship have gone through the highest level. This is just my thoughts on the upcoming episodes. Hehehehehehe. :joy::cookie: sorry for being annoying here. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The preview bother me somehow. I think nothing happen, and..... uuummm let me repeat myself, I dont think anything happen.

If *that thing* happens, so their sorrow scene happen after they did it or before they did it? Oke im out of my mind.. sorry :surprisedwut:

I just quite sure that i dont feel right in ep 8, something fishy.. seems that they deal with big missunderstanding.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2