[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

I keep replaying the rain dance scene. Cant get enough of it:sweet:

I loved it when they were hugging each other tightly like they didn’t want to let go. So precious and so adorable. 

7-E4-B5-EC4-B4-E6-475-D-9341-6-B6-EAB66-

In other news, we will have another new OST!

iKON Bobby To Release OST Part.6 Of tvN ‘Record of Youth’ on October 5, 6pm KST https://starbiz.net/?p=53309

“It was inserted in the ending scene of the 4th episode, which aired on September 15, sparking favorable reviews and expectations from countless fans. In the drama, Sa Hye Joon (Park Bo Gum) reappeared in front of actor Park Do Ha (Kim Gun Woo), and he delivered a blow.”

• Like 3
  • Love 5

How many times did it rained on the drama? The first rain was they met and got to know each other. The second rain was when they talked about how did jeongha became hyejun’s fan. They’re already friends that time. The third time was the revelation of feelings and dating each other. Maybe the fourth rain was maybe for their deep love and sincerity with each other but time will test their love. D-2 to Monday. Another nonsense thought:joy::crazymad: 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Gomapseupnida eonnies and oppas for making time to answers my queries from the previous pages.

And also for the never ending posts and updates. Saranghamnidah!!! :heartxoxo:

Yay, I finished the last two episodes yesternight. I really needed to attend first to my ODL because of studying stuff. 

I was so glad that all of my unnecessary stress were all relieved.

Hooray to ROY!!! 

giphy-2.gif

The PD and the writer are really making me crazy but I won't be crazy because there's more episodes left. :crazily:

Episodes 7-8 make me at ease. I love all the scenes and executions. I love the kisses,  their intimate moments.

The family thing, I can relate most of the time but annoying sometimes.

I get nervous with I-yeong Eomma and Tae Soo Maenijeo. I bet these two will be the curse in the drama. I hope not. 

The ex-gf and Haehyo, they can solve the problem, they can be the pair. So no annoying one-sided love for HH. 

The hospital scenes make me drool for PBG's full medical drama. I love it. The cameo of Hyunjin makes me wonder of PBG's chemistry ability. They look so good together. 

The famous line "Saguileo?" (Can I ask you out?) brought Hyeejun in the limelight. :heart2beat:

The rain dance, the message on the book, the voice over of Hyejun while JH is reading the book. The bedroom scene. Gets me excited. 

Then again, still I need to think of the next episodes these coming Mon-Tues. 

I love you Hyejun. I wish I were Jeongha. I pray for that everyday. 

IMG-20201002-174819.jpg

Should I change to being a makeup artists? :yaaa:

Back to reality... 

May I ask again everyone,  if whose room is this? 

IMG-20201002-173055.jpg

I don't think this is Jeongha's room because that room has so many stuff inside. Or the new room in JH's new house,  or a hotel,  or a convent's dorm?  

cr: all owners of images

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

B-T-S

@CJnDrama

@Springmaiden: loolooking at the silhouette portion, it looks like the area where Jung Ha dyed Hye Jun's hair so I am guessing it's Jung Ha's house.

Thank you eonnie. :wub: 

Btw,  ROY eonnies and oppas,  do you know what's the overture they used for ROY? Its title? 

Not included yet in the released OST?  

Thanks again. :wub:

This... 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Love 3

Since this is related to ROY, I'll post it anyway. 

Artitcle Title: Crispy Cream Donut, TVN Mon-Tue drama'Youth Records' starring Park Bo-gum and Park So-dam support

0000600417-001-20201003164544117.jpg

Spoiler

Artitcle Title: Crispy Cream Donut, TVN Mon-Tue drama'Youth Records' starring Park Bo-gum and Park So-dam support

Crispy Cream Donuts operated by Lotte GRS will produce and support the tvN monthly drama'Youth Records' starring Bo-gum Park and So-dam Park .

Crispy Cream Donut shows characters in the play, such as actors Bo-Gum Park and So-dam Park, enjoying the soft and sweet donuts unique to the original glazed in a difficult and exhausted reality situation. We want to convey the charm of donuts.

https://n.news.naver.com/article/417/0000600417

Article Title: "Youth Records," "I was flustered, I was moved, and I had nothing to throw away."

0004425771-001-20201003150706218.jpg

Spoiler

Article Title: "Youth Records," "I was flustered, I was moved, and I had nothing to throw away."

The "Youth Record" is heating up viewers' hearts.

tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama "Youth Records" has turned another page.

After appearing in the medical drama "Gateway," the daily life of Sa Hye-jun (played by Park Bo-gum) has changed little by little.

Nevertheless, the deep romance between Sa Hye-joon and Ahn Jung-ha (Park So-dam), who are committed to constant love, caused excitement. 

There was still a crisis on days when everything seemed to go well. Two young people who were not frustrated by the harsh reality and were moving toward tomorrow.

Questions are mounting over whether he will be able to keep his dreams and love in the face of the changed reality and numerous variables.

The key to enthralling viewers lies in the empathic point that encompasses only the generation of "Youth Records." Though hurt by the cold reality, Sa Hye-jun's "sweet and salty" challenge, which runs for her dreams with conviction, ignited viewers' hearts.

On top of that, he realistically unraveled youth in various relationships such as love, friendship and family love, increasing his immersion level.

Prior to the second act, which predicted a change, we pointed out the points of sympathy that caused viewers to overindulge.

#A conviction and ambition for a dream! Sa Hye-joon's 'sweet and salty' challenge to become a rising star.

Sa Hye-jun is a young man who constantly challenges the harsh reality attacks and swallows tears from failure.

Compared to Won Hae-hyo (played by Byun Woo-seok), a friend who dreams the same thing in a situation where nothing has been achieved, his self-esteem was hurt, and he had to fight against the cold evaluation that it was a vain dream. 

But Sa Hye-jun always stood up to her with pride. And in the face of the opportunity that finally came, he did not hesitate.

Sa Hye-joon, who proved her existence as an actor in a few short cuts. Every moment he could fulfill his dream, he was shining more than anyone else.

Although she also experienced the pain of being cast-free due to the scheme of the former head of the agency, Sosin Youth Sa Hye-jun only silently moves forward. 

The image of Sa Hye-jun, who made excuses for the bitter reality and prepared for tomorrow rather than blaming anyone, touched the heart.

Sa Hye-joon, who is beginning to bear the fruit of his efforts. That's why his move to the rising star ranks is more overwhelming.

His sincerity and passion in entering the path of a "real" actor are creating sympathy that has no choice but to cheer for.

#'Fan' and 'favorite' → Friend → Lovers Sa Hye-jun and Ahn Jung-ha's 'DKDK' romance! empathy beyond excitement. 

The special romance between the two, "Fan" and "Favorite," was different from the beginning. The love between the two young people, comforting each other, is attracting positive reviews with more than excitement and empathy.

Sa Hye-joon and Ahn Jung-ha, who endured their dreams alone to achieve them with their own strength. 

The two, who knew the weight of reality better than anyone else, seeped into each other sharing their pain.

If it was "Sa Hye-joon's fan" that Ahn Jung-ha was able to endure a difficult time, Sa Hye-joon, who never showed any signs of hardship to anyone, is the only one who can shake off pain and show tears.

The special romance between the two, whose existence alone gives joy and comfort to each other, even made viewers' hearts pound.

The passionate performances of Park Bo-gum and Park So-dam, who captured the changing emotions of Sa Hye-jun and Ahn Jung-ha in detail, shone more than anything else.

#The family of Sa Hye-jun, can't be more realistic! Gives broad empathy in a pleasant manner. 

Director Ahn Kil-ho said, "We are talking about universal values that can be shared among different age groups.

A family story is a point that anyone can relate to. 

The story of the family members who share the growth of youth running toward their dreams is inspiring deep sympathy in a pleasant laugh. Here is the difference from the existing youth romance. 

Han Ae-sook (Ha Hee-ra), a mother who supports her dream and embraces it with love, and her father, Sa Young-nam (Park Soo-young), who nags about her son, are the reality itself. 

His grandfather, Sa Min-ki (played by Han Jin-hee), has a special affection for his grandson, who resembles him.

It's a "look-at-babs" with hate in their family, but the chemistry between their undaunted grandfather and grandson adds warmth. 

"Kandori" brother Sa Kyung-joon (played by Lee Jae-won), who is cheeky but can't hate him, is also giving him a big smile in every episode.

The story of the family is a link that touches the young Sa Hye-joon more realistically. 

Although he is hurt when she bumps into her family, Sa Hye-jun, who is a warm-hearted person in the family, is drawing more attention from viewers by highlighting her appearance as a human, not an actor.

As much as Sa Hye-jun's heart-rending success story and fluttering romance, the stories of her family expand further. 

Expectations are high that the relationship between his grandfather, Sa Min-ki, and his father and son will change.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/015/0004425771

Stills

Our Jjamppong Entertainment manager / owner  Lee Min Jae who loves Superstar Sa Hye Joon. 

IMG-20201003-104735.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20201003-104731.jpg

IMG-20201003-104732.jpg

IMG-20201003-104737.jpg

cr:tvN

@Springmaiden to my surprise,  I don't know also. :D Gonna do research about the title of it. If nobody answers here yet.:wub:

• Like 4

After rewatching the scene of HyeJun ex gf in ep 8 when she met him in the restaurant, I feel his reaction is not just nonchalant but a little bit of something else, like hatred, despite...things like that. They didn't break up in good terms of course, but after all the years, I think his feelings for her had faded, not enough to show that kind of reaction.

Maybe I'm over analyzing, but recalling his manager's words, he must have loved her so damn much so love turned hatred somehow.

That scene when they're together in a room, I'm 100% sure it's bed scene, beat me if I'm wrong, lol. My gut is telling me it is. Look at how nervous our OTP are. Anyway, it's JH's first time, of course both of them will be nervous, lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, LanA said:

After rewatching the scene of HyeJun ex gf in ep 8 when she met him in the restaurant, I feel his reaction is not just nonchalant but a little bit of something else, like hatred, despite...things like that. They didn't break up in good terms of course, but after all the years, I think his feelings for her had faded, not enough to show that kind of reaction.

Maybe I'm over analyzing, but recalling his manager's words, he must have loved her so damn much so love turned hatred somehow.

That scene when they're together in a room, I'm 100% sure it's bed scene, beat me if I'm wrong, lol. My gut is telling me it is. Look at how nervous our OTP are. Anyway, it's JH's first time, of course both of them will be nervous, lol

Hyejun's Feeling to the Ex. 

I totally understand HJ if he feels some feeling of distaste to ex gf because after so many years that they had been together, they broke up the first time because of gf then became couple again, then the same cycle happened the 2nd time and ex gf again was the reason. 

Seeing how friends, Minjae and Hyejoon described their/his relationship, we can totally agree that he loved ex gf so much. But enough is enough.

The ex has a high ambition and can't wait for Hyejoon to become successful so they are really not for each other. 

The Bedroom Scene 

I agree! In my eyes it's not misunderstanding. It is going to intimate scene. Their eyes are telling they want to do it but the uncertainty is there since it's their first. The way HJ slowly getting closer to JH is a way of making the girl partner at ease. Well, I maybe wrong but let's see. But that's my bet - it's a a bedroom scene. 

:wut:

@gumtaek I joined the cafe, thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

3 REASONS WHY YOU MUST WATCH ‘RECORD OF YOUTH’
By Daoden Kate Sarmiento- September 28, 2020078

Park Bo Gum is back with another heartfelt slice-of-life drama.

This time it’s not a throwback to the year 1988 or to Korea’s Joseon Dynasty. Set in the 21st century, Record of Youth is a great drama about life struggles across all age groups.

Let’s see if tvN’s Record of Youth is worth streaming for here on This Month’s Binge!

1. PERFECTLY FLAWED CHARACTERS

Record of Youth mostly focuses on Korea’s modeling and entertainment industry today. Sa Hye-jun (Park Bo Gum) is a hardworking model. To reach his ultimate dream of becoming a famous actor, he takes on multiple part-time jobs while accepting modeling gigs and some acting jobs, despite his family’s strong disapproval.

He is joined by Park So Dam playing the role of Ahn Jeong-ha, a virtuous make-up artist and Bo Gum’s love interest in the drama. There’s also Won Hae-hyo, played by Byeon Woo-seok, as Bo Gum’s best friend and also ultimate rival in the drama. Together they take one step at a time into life’s ups and downs.

What’s remarkable about the characters is their close touch with reality. The drama’s lead and supporting characters excellently represent different types of people these days across socio-economic classes and age groups. The drama lays out its characters inner conflict, and aspirations in life in a well-plotted manner.

Bo Gum’s character, Hye-jun, turns out to be a very principled person. In one of the episodes, it was shown that Hye-jun turns down a huge amount of sponsorship for his career. It is idealistic at first how he firmly turned it down despite him struggling to reach the peak of his career. But, later on, you’ll see how conflicted he gets when his family’s criticisms about his life decisions take effect against his self-worth. The same goes for the other characters, and it’s really exciting to see all their character development.

Acting-wise, I can say that this is a good break for all the characters. They all have great chemistry together! No matter how simple their lines are, they come out naturally on-screen. But, I am still waiting for their full potential to come through in this drama — especially for Bo Gum. He’s already astonishing for the first few episodes, yet I am still wanting for more from him.

2. A LIFE WELL-LIVED

There’s a picture that the writer wants us to see by the end of the drama: it’s a picture of a life well-lived. Record of Youth painstakingly brings us through the harsh reality of life — family, career, and love.

I have always been a fan of family-oriented dramas, so I might have been easily swayed because of it. But, in this drama, you can see a lot of friction with all the characters’ families. From Sa Hye-jun who suffers from an unsupportive father and brother, to Ahn Jeong-ha who was taught to live responsibly alone, and to Won Hae-hyo who has an overly protective & obsessed mother towards his career. The families have a way of saying that it’s not always about acceptance — which is completely true.

For the career, this drama leaves quite an impression as it exposes exploitative and dark side of the entertainment industry. From the unethical sponsorships up to the overflowing crab mentality of the people in it, you can say that it is a tough career to take. One has to sacrifice a lot and this drama warns us about it. But I am not saying that it’s all about the dark side, it also presents the beauty in it, especially the fulfillment in the industry.

3. THE TWIST

But before everything, SPOILER ALERT!

The first six released episodes was set in the year 2018. In between lines, the characters would do voice-over narration about their emotions. At first, I really thought it was just their inner self talking… but later on I realized that those lines appear to be narrations from their future self. Perhaps, those lines are about their regrets or maybe not. Nonetheless, I have to say that there are very, very subtle foreshadowing in the script. It’s ultimately compelling to have watched the first six episodes and now waiting for what will become of the characters!

ULTIMATE SAY…

Life during quarantine may have been all about crossroads, decision-making, and even taking a pause. Record of Youth is a perfect drama to watch during quarantine. It feels like it’s guiding you how to take responsibility of your life-decisions.

I’ll also have to commend the drama for having a simple yet captivating plot. Plus, the drama is very successful in making its viewers yearn for more! I personally wait every week just to get a hold of this drama and see what’s to come!

Lastly, I might want to add Park Bo Gum, as the fourth reason for you to watch this drama. I mean, he’s Park Bo Gum, what else can I say?

5 out of 5 yes’es for Record of Youth!

• Awesome 4