[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

I think I'm gonna die from diabetes. How to process all these sweetness in ep 6. My heart can't bear it. Please Monday comes faster

1 hour ago, Yasemin Salturdóttir said:

What does it mean "At that time, I didn't know we'd end up like this..."

Hye-jun-a do you want me to cry a lot... What does that mean 

I think he wanted to make their first encounter more mesmerizing if he had known that they would end up being in a relationship.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The next scene...

Spoiler

CEO Lee tells Min-jae that he will seize every opportunity to get into both Min-jae's and Hye-hye's way because he is still feeling very sore that they had chosen to leave him...so he intentionally blew the chance for Hye-joon to receive a casting in the mini series...and he adds that he will make the both of them suffer for it...

Inside the van...

Jung-ha tells Hey-joon that it doesn't feel real that he is driving a van...so Hye-joon asks why Jung-ha will feel this way so the latter explains that his mere existence is surreal to her...

She adds that being together with him right now also doesn't seem real to her too...

She asks if she can take a photo and capture this moment...

She then whips out her phone and takes a snapshot of Hye-joon posing for her...

Hye-joon tells Jung-ha that he will make it feel real to her...

And asks her is she wants to watch a movie together with him...

Jung-ha says yeah sure and she suggests that they watch a movie which has been nominated for the Academy Awards...

Hye-joon unbuckles his seat belt so Jung-ha asks what he is doing so the Hye-joon says that he wants to walk her home...

Jung-ha then mutters that Hye-joon never listens to her...

He starts holding her hand as he asks her if she notices that it is not raining...

Jung-ha adds that when it rains, it will remind her of someone...

Hye-joon asks who the person is so Jung ha says she doesn't know whether she should tell him who the person is...

Hye-joon then remarks that when she is not sure of something, she should try to say it...

Jung-ha then teases him that no, she won't do that...

At her house, Hye-joon motions for Jung-ha to go inside so Jung-ha says that she will see him take his leave first so Hye-joon tells her that he wants to see her going in instead...

Jung-ha adds that she can never win over him...

They then part reluctantly...

At the theatre...

Hye-Joon asks if Jung-ha has taken her meal so Jung-ha tells him that she has already eaten and that she won't skip her meals..

Hye-joon shares that likewise, he will also always make sure that he has eaten 3 meals in a day...

And he adds that although he doesn't eat alot but he isn't sure if they should be eating popcorn in the early part of the day...

Jung-ha puts some popcorn into her mouth and remarks that it's caramel popcorn so Hye-joon tells Jung-ha that he likes caramel popcorn and asks if she doesn't like eating it...

Jung-ha agrees with him that caramel popcorn tastes the best...

Hye-joon then remarks why the movie hasn't started yet and he wants to check the time...

Jung-ha tells Hye-Joon that she will tell him the time as she moves her finger in a clockwise direction round the face of her watch. She tells Hye-joon that this is a watch for the blind (Jung ha is wearing a braille watch) so she can just tell the time by touching it...She tells him the time is 6.55 am now.

Hye-joon adds that he has never seen one before...so Jung-ha tells Hye-joon that the inner ring will show the minutes and the outer ring will show the hours and asks if he wants to touch it too...

Jung-ha shares that she wants to live a life where she can learn how others are feeling and going through in their lives...

The braille watch is just one of her ways of showing it...

When Hye-joon starts holding her hand while he touches the face of her watch, it makes Jung-ha feels really shy about it...Hye-joon then tells her the time is 7.00 am now.

The next scene...

Hye-joon's dad gives him a harsh reprimand for signing his grandpa up for the modelling academy and rebukes him for being the menace in the family and that he is exactly like his grandpa. Having said these words, he lashes out at Hye-joon for being a brat and gives him a hard slap on his face...(Btw..it's a real genuine slap)...

Poor Hye-hye is sobbing his heart out and this is when Jung-ha calls him. 

He answers the phone and calls aloud her name. Jung ha asks if he is down with a cold...but he tells her no...

Jung-ha then says that he really sounds like he has a cold...and she is glad that he doesn't have a cold...

Jung-ha tells Hye-joon that she is feeling bored and asks if he wants to go out together with her...

Hye-joon tells her yeah sure...

They meet up and Jung ha tells Hye-joon that this is a really nice place and adds that he seems to know a lot of nice places...

Hye-joon tells Jung-ha that he wil come here whenever he feels sad...

Jung-ha asks Hye-joon if he is feeling downcast...

Hye-joon says yes, earlier he was but adds that he is not feeling depressed now that he is together with her...

Jung-ha teases him and says that she like his anti-depressant...and tells him that he will need to pay her for it...

Hye-joon gives her a 10 000 Won note and Jung-ha remarks that this is a lot...so Hye-joon tells her that she will need to return the change to him. Jung-ha then tells him that she is going to keep the dollar note and thanks him for the free money he has given to her...

Hye-joon then tells Jung-ha that she can keep the dollar note.

Jung-ha notices that there is a piano there so she remarks that when they were kids aren't they all forced to take up piano lessons by their moms...

Hye-joon says that that is not for his case...

Hye-joon starts playing a few notes on the piano so Jung-ha asks if he knows how to play the piano. Hye-joon then replies that he has taught himself how to play the piano just like how he has learned many other things...

Jung-ha remarks that he must be a genius then...so Hye-joon replies simply that it's because he is poor...

Hye-Joon's voiceover as he says that it's something magical when you start falling in love with a woman...This woman has a name too and she is called An Jung-ha...

Hye-Joon then performs by singing a song to Jung-ha and he leans in and starts kissing her...

Video Preview for Ep 7 of ROY...

Hye-Joon : I'm grateful to have you by my side with me, right now...

A guy greets Hae-Hyo's mom : Hello, Mother! 

Hae-Hyo to Jung-Ha : Hey! Don't be shocked! 

Hye-Joon's bro laments : I just wanted to live alone by myself so that I can live freely...

Hye-Joon's bro continues saying : And forget my duty as the eldest son of the family...

Hye-Joon to his bro : What have you done for the family being the eldest son?

Hye-Joon's bro calls aloud : Mom!

Mom lashes out : Shut up!

Jung-Ha : What do the people think of me over here?

Jin-Ju want so raise her hand to hit Jung-Ha so the latter stops her from doing so as she says...

Jung-Ha : I'll not let you do such a thing!

Min-Jae tells Hye-Joon : He wants a model-turned-actor...

Hye-Joon : I will finish it once I have started on it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Dearest chingus, I just finished episode 6 and let me sob for a minute please, it was so so so so beautiful.

And sorry not sorry to say this but this relationship is better than It's Okay To Not Be Okay's couple! (Yes, I cried so hard for Moon Kang-tae and Ko Moon-young in IOTNBO but 아이고, THIS-IS-WAY-BETTER). It's much more realistic, I feel them, it is like I can feel their heartbeat! So good!

Spoiler

I felt so bad for Hye-jun-a, how his father treats him and his haraboji! They don't deserve a treatment like this! What a grudgeful man! 

I love how the relationship of Hye-jun-a and Jung-ha-ya grows! With small steps, cute steps, with understanding each other, respecting each other and by chemistry their hearts flutter! Oh gosh, it is like a dream!

And chinguyas, I don't want to say "I said so" but "I said so"... love triangle is on its way but, it is not a triangle, it is like a dot who tries to enter in the way of an arrow... Chaebal, Ahjusshi Dot (Hae-hyo), come out of this way! It is not your way to intervene them! I love you too, but NO. 아니야 !!!! Don't make me buy a plane ticket and come to Seoul! (I want to come over there so much ugh :wub: )

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ok, it is hard to stay away this week even though I have a work conference.

It is online so whenever I had a free minute I was lurking.

OMG YESH on the OTP! OMG the kiss. Loved reading all the comments, seeing the GIFS, recaps and goodies.

I have to be MIA but dang alot happening this week. 

Thank god! I had to unlurk to say --YESH.

Gosh my two dramas have OTP kissing on the same day of their episode and confessions from the ML. OMG.

ROY kiss is more softer. But the confession from HJ is still sweet to JA. 

Loving JA and HJ getting together and dang why his BFF is not thinking he likes JA? Oh no!

Sorry if posted before (without English Subs) 

so now the English subs is OUT

Ep 6 highlight 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi where is the location of the last scene? Excluding the fact that the mind boggles at a Grand piano plonked there. For the rain and typhoon!!!

I know its facing Hangang and there are the stone piano keys but don't know where it is. My kids might like it when we finally return to Seoul what with all the Covid restrictions.

I have no comments on the plot itself. Have no clue what people are complaining about. I have just come off several months of crap dramas which I didnt finish.  Where the plot is heaps way worse.

But its true. I have backtracked PBG's previous works. He definitely doesn't seem as vibrant as compared to here. As JH. He is this intense young man living on borrowed time.  He was cool, mature, sweet and loyal etc in Encounter. But this character feels more " here and now. "  I normally don't follow him but when the drama is good I end up watching it. So I have no idea if I am classified as a fan. Since I actually follow some other actors but darn if he picked the right role pre- enlistment. At least he didn't pick a same ol', same 'ol drama.

Although he looks totally bad in the violent chaebol role. Way, way better than any other roles so far. He seriously needs to do one of these. He looks hotter there than being a King. If it makes any sense. So yeah hot chaebol who can dress well. Oh yeah... 

Hahaha. Ok going back to real life. And yes I am watching the mothers. Amazing looks. They picked 2 actresses who are older but so glamorous looking vs dowdy rich staid old.

• Like 7