DreamCatcher2011

Nielsen Korea Ratings

National

IMG-20200916-071530.jpg

7.823 + 1.626 = 9.449 %

SMA

IMG-20200916-071454.jpg

9.626 + 2.442 = 12.068 %

***Real airing time and encore both ranked in top ten household viewership ratings. 

http://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=3_1&area=01&begin_date=20200915

On Netflix 

IMG-20200916-072830.jpg

IMG-20200916-072759.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20200916-072855.jpg

Ranked 1 - Hongkong and Thailand. 

Bangladesh and Sri Lanka streamed it again yesterday. :)

https://flixpatrol.com/title/record-of-youth

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Sodamssi fashion

My Jeongha is overly cute in the last episode. Ha! Fangirling over this actress keeps me going. It is therapeutic indeed. 

I enjoyed all episodes but the last episode made me jump,  scream and cry. 

The couple's interactions are priceless. I emphatize with my girl when the flashback happened. She always needed to provide for her family,  for her sibling. I cried heavily here and the truthness that she didn't even get to be loved or that feeling of how to be taken care of by someone. She is always giving. :bawling:

I know she is lonely the way she called Hyejoon's name four times. She wants a person to call,  a name that will comfort her when she is having a hard time. Hyejoon is really therapeutic for her. 

Spoiler

IMG-20200916-082756.jpg

IMG-20200916-082807.jpg

IMG-20200916-082818.jpg

IMG-20200916-082857.jpg

Hyejoonssi Thank you so much for taking care of Jeongha. She deserves all the love in the world. 

I love this drama out of all Sodamssi's dramas so far. The elements are so complete. I love Sodam and Bogum's acting. They really belong to the cream of the crop. 

IMG-20200916-081306.jpg

IMG-20200916-081308.jpg

IMG-20200916-081309.jpg

She is so cute in acting while drunk. 

Spoiler

IMG-20200916-082857.jpg

IMG-20200916-083445.jpg

IMG-20200916-083502.jpg

IMG-20200916-083520.jpg

IMG-20200916-083534.jpg

cr:owners

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Finally, a high res pic...

credit: @CjnDrama Twitter

EiAswZwUMAMFSHG?format=jpg&name=large

EiAwS3eUcAAOCV2?format=jpg&name=medium

EiAwS3dUYAAyeHk?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EiAwS30UcAEjSh0?format=jpg&name=medium

@BogumNoona: Is the Top 10 on Netflix world wide?

@Sodamssi: I love how the relationship of Hye Jun and Jung Ha has the right footing of friendship...romance has not yet set in but they seem fated to be soulmates seeing how comfortable they are in baring their soul and spilling their thoughts to each other. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Text Preview for Ep 5 of Record of youth

Text-preview-5.jpg

Translation as follows :-

Min-Jae, who is being contacted regarding Hye-jun's casting for the TV drama, is excited as she says that things are going well for them now.

Meanwhile, Hye-Joon, Jung-Ha, and Hae-Hyo met at the script reading for the movie "Pyeong-beom (Ordinary)"

Hye-Joon's and Jeong-Ha's closeness has caused Hae-Hyo to feel strangely jealous.

P.S. I am still trying to make sense of the text preview for Ep 5. Does it mean we are in store for a love triangle among the 3 main leads? I would still like to relish the hope that this would not occur...Question Reaction GIF

• Shocked 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

@gumtaek, my husband who watches Record of Youth with me excitedly recognized Dongdaemun Design Plaza. We had a chance to visit Korea April of last year. I agree with you that it has a unique architecture.  would love to visit Korea again (when the situation is back to normal) and  visit the beautiful places being shown in this drama. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Okay,  I finished watching the whole episode four.  I also love this episode. Thanks that rating increased. The drama deserves it and we all hope it gets the excellent rating in the future episodes. 

I also enjoy reading all insights here about the drama, may it be a particular scenes, or the characters or the rants. :D 

Since I'm a Mom myself I can relate specially to the scene where appa and eomma are discussing angrily about hyejoon. I really love how eomma gives emphasis to this. A mother loves this feeling when their kid/s are not giving up to what they want to aspire in their life,  although it brings worry and concerns,  what's important is the support and encouragement a mother can give to her children. 

IMG-20200916-124941.jpg

cto

Ae Sook eomma is another MVP here. Instead of stopping HJ to dream despite of having a nega husband and ofc the people that will criticize her son for choosing this path again,  still she chose to be HJ's strong support system.  

Spoiler

IMG-20200916-125108.jpg

IMG-20200916-125117.jpg

IMG-20200916-125134.jpg

IMG-20200916-125146.jpg

A standing ovation to Ae-sook eomma. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

cto

I also love the scene where Jin-u called HJ and HH and got vaccinated with HPV (human papillomavirus ). Since JU has HN and will likely to start their sexual active life so he needs to get this shot. 

Although cervical cancer isn't for men but some can be prevented with their body and it's very ideal for sexually active young people ( I'm not saying the trio is SA :D).

Including this in the script is also a golden opportunity to inform viewers since the drama is dealing with young people. 

119222369-376685970009046-60990330584928

cto

Spoiler

IMG-20200916-134342.jpg

IMG-20200916-134353.jpg

IMG-20200916-134403.jpg

#FRIENDSHIPS #LOVE_REQUIRES_PREPARATION 

For the OTP: 

Ohh,  again,  if I were HJ's eomma and to choose a daughter-in-law , I would have chosen JH.

:getmygrooveon:

For me the otp scenes in episode 4 are all relaxing. Yes, @Sodamssi I want also to admit that I screamed a lot watching this episode. I love how they converse with each other. They are both intelligent so their conversation is highly analytical. Their bantering with each other is so cute. You feel that they really are comfortable with each other.The way they talk about forgiving one's sins. The way how HJ pats JH's back is so sweet. Jeongha is so cute when she is drunk. The way HJ guide her on the side of the street. All are CUTE. :D

For me this drama brings another level of reminiscing my past youth years. I can relate how they are free spirited but at the same time burdened with their careers. I know you all do. B)

:onfirex:

On the other hand, I really hate favoritisms. Why did HJ appa need to just buy one shoes for GJ and telling/emphasizing to HJ that he needed to come with him in the construction site. I hate that kind of parent. I hope I'm not like that to my kids. 

Spoiler

IMG-20200916-140416.jpg

IMG-20200916-140428.jpg

And that senior makeup artist. She really gets on my nerves. Why there are people like that, very insecure with co-worker's skills?  

Mian for the long post. 

I will end my post here with this photo of my son Hye Joon.

:fullofhearts:

IMG-20200916-141400.jpg

Yes Hye Joon, throw that away,  that social casting. A silver or dirt spoon, they are just utensils. Make your own dream to come true and buy all the colors of spoons in the future (joke) :D

Spoiler
5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Reveal hidden contents

EiAwS30UcAEjSh0?format=jpg&name=medium

@BogumNoona: Is the Top 10 on Netflix world wide?

@Sodamssi

Today's ranked of ROY on Netflix worldwide is No. 19. 

@MinLyn I agree that although Bogum has that super ability to connect to people and that's what I love about him but 101% Sodam and the supporting cast as well are all reasons why this drama is getting their deserved success. It's a collaboration of hard works of everyone. 

I don't read much in sns that the drama has a boring plot. When I searched sns,  it is well received. 

Spoiler

But if you go and read Koala's PG site, those people commenting there are all toxic so better not. It will make your heart bloody. 

A big welcome to the Happy ROY thread, @Firefly, @tulip06, @Yasemin Salturdóttir , @ainipang . Hugs ROY chingus. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

English Subbed of ROY's lead cast MBTI. 

I love this scene. :wow1:

Hye Jun's character in the movie is a not a thug or a gangster but a superbly rich heir. Wow! 

And FYI,  he isn't bad in acting. Actually the PD loves his way of acting and the way he makes impromptu dialogues. 

***So the previous description about Hye Joon is false at all. B)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

'Record of Youth' Park Bogum gets vaccinated to prevent cervical cancer, not a PPL ~ pannatic

0000263540_001_20200916115943091.jpg

May contain spoiler

In the latest episode of Record of Youth, there's a scene of Sa Hyejun (Park Bogum) and his friends getting vaccinated to prevent cervical cancer. Won Haena (Jo Yoojung) requested his boyfriend, Kim Jinwoo (Kwon Soohyun), to get vaccinated, therefore he called his friends to get vaccinated as well. 

Kim Jinwoo was confused when he first heard the request as he said, 'How am I supposed to get vaccinated [to prevent cervical cancer]? I don't even have a cervix'. Which was quickly replied by Haena, 'Even if you don't have one, [getting vaccinated] will have an effect on me'. She continued, 'I can't wait until you bring me three stamps. You have to get it three times'.

Kim Jinwoo tried to brush it off as he said, 'I'm healthy'. However, Haena did not easily back down, 'I don't want to get cervical cancer. I need proof, so go get vaccinated'. Kim Jinwoo was left speechless. 

In the end, Kim Jinwoo called Sa Hyejun and Won Haehyo (Byun Wooseok) to the hospital, and even booked an appointment for them. He explained, 'This vaccine is not only for women. Even when a guy gets it, it's equally effective'. Both of his friends were convinced. 

0000263540_002_20200916115943118.jpg

Later, the three of them uploaded pictures of them on Instagram with the caption, 'Love needs preparation'. This delivers the message that men also need to get vaccinated to prevent cervical center, which gained tons of reactions from the viewers. 

The keyword 'Cervical Cancer' becomes the most searched keyword on the portal site. Some netizens speak their thoughts, 'I had no idea men could get vaccinated to prevent cervical cancer'. Some other netizens question whether if this campaign was endorsed. 

SPOTVNews, on September 16, claims 'This scene wasn't filmed for a PPL/Endorsement'

The viewer ratings of Record of Youth has been rising since their first episode aired, and by the 4th episode has reached 7,8%.

Viewers shower this drama with praises for raising awareness with their influence and express how much they're looking forward to in the future from this drama.

-So did he get vaccinated for real?

-I seriously hope every drama would do PPL like thisㅋㅋㅋㅋ The writer is amazing for inserting this scene in the drama, despite it's not being a PPL

-They're using their influence for a good use, nice one...

-I heard it's not effective if only the woman gets it! I'm so glad this drama helps to share the information that both the woman and the man have to get it for it to work effectively!

-I thought it was a PPL, since only Park Bogum got itㅋㅋㅋ I think it's very nice of this drama for using their influence to spread awareness...

-But why is it so expensive...

-People are saying 'Men could get vaccinated too...' when it's actually 'Men should get vaccinated too!' 

-I think they should re-name the vaccine and spread more information about it on TV

-Now, this is what you call a good use of media!

-I think having a popular drama spreading this information plays a big role in spreading awareness...

-Do men seriously have no idea about this? Anyway, I'm so glad that this drama is spreading good information and awareness to the public...

-I also convinced my boyfriend to get vaccinatedㅋㅋㅋ

:cutekitty:
Men don't have cervix but can prevent genital warts and certain kinds of cancer plus it will protect their loved ones. 

By the way,  PSJ cameo is making again this drama so interesting. These days dramas are full of cameos from stars. So he is also grateful to Bogum and to the writer and ofc also to Sodam since they were together in one movie and variety show. 

I am excited with what kind of character he will portray. 
 :getmygrooveon:

An excerpt: 
"According to sources, Park Seo Joon agreed to appear in the drama as a result of his relationships with both Park Bo Gum and writer Ha Myung Hee. Park Bo Gum previously made a cameo appearance in JTBC’s “Itaewon Class,” and Park Seo Joon also appeared in the Ha Myung Hee’s 2013 drama “A Word From Warm Heart.”

Welcome to the thread, @lmhpsh
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

Love the goodies and stuff ! Keep them coming! @Sakurafairy @gumtaek @Sodamssi @BogumNoona

All your efforts to translate are above and beyond and you are an ANGEL! Words of thanks are not sufficient for your translations! Wow. As someone who has to for her parents and tries to do it here in the forums (though my Korean is crappy) I do appreciate and applaud you. :elated:@MinLyn

@BogumNoona Loved your post. I agree that Jeong Ah's colleague is a "B". Plus HJ  manager MJ was right on saying --those who proclaim to be victims are NEVER victims is RIGHT on. I dislike her alot. To threaten her, bully her and make that mess saying I am going to stay over you. Dang. Unfortunately there are REALLY nasty people like her out there. I have minor bullying (not to that extent) but I am sure reality is worse than fiction. Plenty of two faced people in this world. Putting their own insecurities and inadequacies and jealousy of another and blaming that person for it. UGGGGH.

Saw Ep 4 last night after work. Now it is 11am on Wednesday---luckily not busy season at work now.

-Jin U taking alot and being underpaid at his job. I am glad he stood up to the photographer/bully Yang Mujin sunbae. The fact the latter used that is how were trained. (He probably was not lying.) But repeating those habits and demeaning ways ARE not the right way. Glad Jin U left and had his self respect. Also his also saying he rather not have a sunbae like HIM.  I am sure he was really pushed to the limit. I agree when he told Hae Hyo that quitting is a luxury ONLY for rich kids like him. 

-Loved that all three guys got the shots together (great use of media coverage) :relaxed: for men to do their part for their female partners sexual health. Loved it! Cute how Hye Jun was first then Hae Hyo and then Jin U. LOL. I  personally dislike shots. Since Jin U has to do it three times, is he dragging the guys with him for the other two as well? I guess so yeah? :naughty:

Hye Jun's mom Ae Suk is awesome!  She stood up to dad and though she isn't sure about if it is right or not. She is RIGHT that it is bad enough he gets belittled and put down a lot outside. I agree with her to be supportive. The fact he is supporting himself and not ASKING for any support is great. Granted he is unable to help out the family, but he is surviving.  It hurt a bit to see dad's preference for the more annoying hyung.  Both liking to team up on grandfather and Hye Jun. Glad mom called them out on it while eating the bbq meat. 

The scene of Gyeong Jun Hyung at the bank, yeah he has a job. But he is very strict and kind of a pain and stickler. Though those can be good qualities, his lack of customer service skills and lack of EQ awareness is not boding well for him in the bank job. I am sure if after his trial three months, they either fire him or send him elsewhere. The fact his boss Park Su Yeon at Mirae Bank was being sarcastic, Gyeong Jun did not get it. He just kept digging the hole deeper for him to fall into. LOL.

Hye Jun's mom Ae Suk takes a lot from Kim I Yeong (Hae Hyo's mom) emotionally , verbally and materially (ok the latter not much as cast offs) .  But unlike her son Gyeong Jun, Ae Suk has common sense EQ in spades. If not, how could she survive dealing with I Yeong? Granted she is a pain, there are more other rich wives who are FAR more worse than her.

Her being helicopter mom wanting Ae Jeong to do her make up and complimenting her after saying next time please go with the hierarchy in the salon.  I Yeong (so full of awareness of class and status) likes that about her as well Ae Suk.  (Having money and status doesn't make you a better person for sure. My mom always said they were lucky to be born into those families but having wealth is not permanent and can change overnight. We see many dramas and heard stories of formerly rich families go broke over night due to stock market, health incident /injury, or death of the bread winner of the family.) She mentions it alot whenever she is on screen and being supportive meeting reporters and treating them to expensive meals. Buying IG followers and being careful to add them not to alarmingly obvious.  We know she met with someone working with casting him in the movie role who kept pestering Hae Hyo over Hye Jun due to his social media following to win him the role for Hae Hyo.

Going back to the support that Hye Jun lacks it is that kind of stuff. His refusing Homme Jung.  Sponsorship and being at beck and call and it is a business is not fun and always feel beholden to the other person. Even he was told he was not ambitious enough and he would flounder. So when the designer put more salt into his pride/wound saying your friend is popular due to support. It is not on his own efforts (though Hae Hyo naively thinks so).  He has languished and has not gone beyond to be famous despite being handsome but NO backing. Even his new manager Min Jae wants to establish him to get used to acting as better and being a 'star". So from not allowing him to carry trash bags (due to image control) or sitting in the back seat but not with her. I liked that Hye Jun stood up and wants to be humble and modest (to Park Bo Gum's real image).  But he will abide to her selectively. I liked that he told her.  But she is also using her marketing skills developing relationships with reporters too as well. You have to have them on your side.

**** I am still fuming at Hae Hyo's manager snide comment to Hye Jun about why  you in the shop if you have no schedule?! RUDE.

Even last episode when Hae Hyo's friends were grateful and happy saying they could 'breathe easy" and be themselves without Hye Jun (attached at the hip) with him. It is all the same class and I can see why he likes Jin U and Hye Jun as they are more real and not snobbish. I like that Hae Hyo's dad wanted him to be exposed to other kids not just from the same social class. I respect his dad alot. But why did Hae Hyo have to say a white lie that those snooty guys missed his presence? UGGGH

Alot has been written about our OTP for this episode. I loved it. They are so natural and charismatic together. Just their visuals makes me think that the title of this drama is so appropriate and right gift from Park Bo Gum to his fans. Also glad to see Park So Dam in this drama post Parasite fame.  She has a natural charm I love about her. The sweetness of her smile matches the sweet smiles and puppy dog eyes of Park Bo Gum. When he met up with her and then they ate together and had drinks. He cutely took care of her. She is adorbs. Later when he tells her to never go drinking with another (ooooh sensing a bit of possessiveness cause she is TOO cute). Or the fact she has never been in love. She def is more confident and chattier than being sober. He got to know her really well.  I loved he was a source of strength for her and she reminded him she chose him out of all the stars/entertainers out there.  I think he was touched. Also she with her strict principles stars/fans should be separate. So her saying she will stop fangirling if they are becoming closer as friends is cute.  Hye Jun wants to help her and I like Jeong Ah told him her hair salon battle with Jin Ju sunbae. I love that at least Soo Bin is on her side and Yang So Min salon director has EQ sense. 

Grandpa so eager to go to the modeling academy and chatting with another grandfather saying his grandson is great as his family are not interested. But again due to his using banmal,  grandpa has to set status/order by asking his age. One thing I always noticed with Koreans---making sure everyone is ADDRESSED correctly due to age/status/job etc. One thing in the West many of my Korean friends LOVE about our culture. 

I think it is cute that Jin U's family is close to Hyo Jun and flowed that Jin U and Hye Jun are close to Hae Hyo. Guessing Jin U is dating and Hae Hyo saying is it Hae Na (jokingly) but not realizing of course it is the truth. Hae Na knows they are dating but will have to break up. Cute how they hold hands in her car and decide to go to the next level. In the last episode, she said let's eat ramen. We know that it stands for Netflix and chill. But they really ate ramen in the convenience store. LOL.  They are both heading for heartache but enjoying their time together.

Hae Hyo telling Jeong Ah she is going to do his filming shoot and sweet he is saying she can do Hyo Jun's make up too. Seeing how Hyo Jun taunt Park Do Ha , he loves his role. And seeing Lee Min Jae facing off with Tae Su (ugggh) at the elevator when PDH tried to snub and take another elevator. But when it did not work as planned they all were in the elevator. LOL loved how Hyo Jun relished being the rich chaebol to beat up Park Do Ha's character. Then when the latter whined he changed the script, I LOVED how Director Choi Se Hun loved his improvisations! YES!  Hyo Jun is shining and so happy he got the chance! (As we see in the preview Hae Hyo will see Hyo Jun's acting unleashed).

Hyo Jun negotiating with Lee Min Jae his contract. LOL how he said 7 years was too long (think of SM and other idol making companies) and then she was trying to help him out. Her constant if you look at me that way, I will cave in to you. So in the end for the 1 year and 50/50 was a great compromise. He has to go to military, she is starting out too and I loved they have a great rapport. Plus that elevator face off was awesome. Tae Su making jabs at Min Jae not getting married ---oooh old Confucian /traditional ways of thinking. (As a single woman who never married, bravo Min Jae!) 

Looking forward to next week's episodes! Next week cannot come fast enough! Fall is finally here in New England, sweater weather and pumpkin everything and apple cider! Yummy. Going to eat a pumpkin scone with my lunch today. Hehehe.

• Like 2
  • Love 4