[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

Video Preview for Ep 4 of ROY

Hye-Joon tells Min-Jae : Yeah! I'll do it! (He's implying accepting the role in the movie)

Min-Jae exclaims : Nice!

Hye-Joon says : You're helping me to realise my dream...

Jung-Ha : Just stay out of this...

Jung-Ha : This is what I need to fight for...

Grandpa : Everything will turn out well for you now...

Hye-Joon's dad exclaims : Start what exactly?!

Hye-Joon's dad : Don't even talk about it!

Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha : When did you start to become my fan?

Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon : Fangirling over you has this healing effect for me...

Hye-Joon remarks : You seem more excited than usual!

Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon : I tend to talk a lot when I get drunk...

Jung-Ha : I'm just doing my job because it's really fun!

Hye-Joon : I believe in you!

Jung-Ha : I believe in you too...

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

First part of Hye-Joon & Jung-Ha scenes...

Spoiler

Jung-Ha texted Hye-Joon : I know you told me to beat her at it but I have lost...

Jung-Ha : I thought you might be curious to know...I hesitated but I still wanted to let you know about it...

Hye-Joon replies her text message as he says : My grandpa said that at times, losing is really winning...

Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha : This implies that you have won!

Jung-Ha asks Hye-Joon : What are you up to right now?

Hye-Joon is at the Starlight Library in Gangnam...

Jung-Ha goes to look for him there...

Hye-Joon sees Jung-Ha and smiles as he walks towards her...

Hye-Joon : Hey! It's you...

Jung-Ha exclaims : Don't come too close to me...what if people see us together?

Hye-Joon replies : Nobody really cares...

Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha : Are you up to something funny?

Jung-Ha : What funny thoughts?

Jung-Ha adds on : That's not a nice habit...

Jung-Ha continues on : What are you doing with that finger (pointing at her)? Are you trying to reprimand me or something like that?

Hye-Joon replies : No, I'm merely pointing my finger at you because I'm talking to you...You mean I can't do that?

Jung-Ha : Yeah, you can...

Jung-Ha : Do you often come here?

Hye-Joon : It's one of those places I like to visit when I'm feeling sad...

Jung-Ha : You're feeling sad?

Hye-Joon : Yeah, I'm feeling rather down...

Jung-Ha : Yeah, me too...

Hye-Joon thanks Jung-Ha for not asking him for the reason why he was feeling down...

Jung-Ha : Then why are you feeling down?

Hye-Joon smiles and asks her instead if she wants to have a drink instead.

Jung-Ha is looking on at a group of young girls who seem to be having an enjoyable time in the cafe...

Jung-Ha remarks that as she sees them from outside, they seem really happy to her.

Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha that they should have a drink inside instead then...

Jung-Ha then emphasises to Hye-Joon that she only said that they seemed to look happy to her but she didn't say that they are actually happy...

Jung-Ha then starts pouring coffee out from her thermal flask as she comments that buying coffee from the cafe is too expensive and is a waste of money...

Hye-Joon then tells Jung-Ha that he said that he would give her a treat so he is using his money and not hers...

Jung-Ha then tells Hey-Joon that either way, she feels it's still considered a waste of money...

Hye-Joon remarks that Jung-Ha seems to be at ease talking money unlike most other people...

Jung-Ha then says that money to her is like poop...for it's a difficult topic to broach about but you're screwed if you encounter money problems...

Hye-Joon then comments that it seems like Jung-Ha is speaking from her own experiences...and asks if he is wrong to say that?

Flashback about the past when Jung-Ha was doing working in an office...

She is calling one of the staff to inquire about a missing receipt...as she tells the staff that any expenses above 30 000 Won, a receipt must be submitted and she stressed that the deadline for submission of receipt is by today. As she puts down the phone, she starts muttering to herself that people can be so irresponsible when this isn't their own money...This is when her manager approaches her and told her to write off the receipt for the staff earlier. Jung-Ha tries to tell her manager that they simply can't just do that so her superior told her to just obey his orders...

Jung-Ha then tells Hye-Joon that when people start glaring at you, it means they want you to just keep mum and listen to them...

Hye-Joon then shares that back in those days when he wasn't even paid for the shows he has appeared in...and kids nowadays are like money grubbers...

Jung-Ha then adds on that back in those days, she couldn't even harbour the thought of leaving her workplace punctually, right on the dot like everyone else and she adds that we must be devoted to what we're doing. Hye-Joon then agrees with her saying that they are good at whatthey are doing. Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that they shouldn't do this to others when they grow older like them and Hye-Joon readily agrees with her...

Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha that he craving to have a cup of latte now and Jung-Ha shares her sentiments too...

Hye-Joon then suggests that they sit inside the cafe and have a drink there...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

Continuation of the scene...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha if it's because she doesn't want to waste money so Jung-Ha replies that she make a compromise her...

Hey-Joon takes a sip of the frothy latte and ends up with a layer of foam on his upper lips so Jung-Ha remarks that he's got foam on his mouth and Hye-Joon says in return that do does she...

Grandpa attempts to make a video call with Hye-Joon but the phone was disconnected so Hye-Joon returns his call instead. Grandpa tells Hye-Joon that he has hung up because he doesn't want Hye-Jun to end up incurring an exorbitant phone bills so Hye-Joon tells Grandpa that he is entitles to 30 minutes of free video calls. And asks Grandpa if he doesn't want to see his face. Grandpa replies of course he wants to and asks when Hye-Joon is returning home. Hye-Joon tells Grandpa that he would be home soon. Grandpa asks if Hye-Joon is looking into helping him to find a job. So Hye-Joon assures him that he is looking into it and tells him not to be so impatient.

Hye-Joon then introduces Jung-Ha to his grandpa saying that she is his friend. Grandpa then remarks that she is a pretty lady so Hye-Joon teases his grandpa that they don't say such things nowadays...Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that it is fine. And tells Grandpa that she likes to hear such words when someone says that she is pretty. Grandpa then adds that he has never come acrossed any woman who doesn't like to be told she is pretty. Then he wanted to mentioned that even Hye-Joon's grandma...Then Hye-Joon cuts him short and tells Grandpa that they will soon reach the 30 minutes duration if he wants to go on talking about Grandma. Grandpa then hangs up quickly upon hearing that.

Jung-Ha tells Hye-Joon that he resembles his grandpa and adds that his grandpa is a handsome man. Hye-Joon adds that his grandpa is also tall for someone of his age. Hye-Joon asks if Jung-Ha wants to take a look at his pictures taken of his grandpa. Then this is when both of them realise that they are leaning pretty close to each other so Hye-Joon remarks..."Aren't we being too close?" Jung-Ha then apologises and moves further away from him. When Jung-Ha see's Grandpa's pics, she remarks that he can pass off as an actor and asks Hye-Joon why didn't he become an actor so Hye-Joon replies that he (Grandpa) has been cheated too many times so he couldn't make it to becoming an actor as he is far too trusting. Jung-Ha then adds that trusting in others is a good thing. So it those who attempt to swindle others are the bad people.

Hye-Joon then remarks that she is quite good at reprimanding others...

Jung-Ha asks what is it that Grandpa wants Hye-Joon to look-into...

Hye-Joon says that Grandpa wants to look for a job and asks Jung-Ha for her opinion if it's possible for his grandpa to find one. Jung-Ha reminds Hye-joon that he won't be able to find anything if he feels it's impossible to realise it. Hye-Joon agrees readily with Jung-Ha and adds that she has made a good point there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

I was so surprised to see Harabeoji Model cameo!! 

If anyone wants to know his backstory, here's the video about how he became a model: 

Don't let age stop you from pursuing your dreams!!

Also I love that Hye jun inspired the manager to pursue her dreams. She's opened up her Jampong Entertainment. She's set on helping out Hye jun. She's imperfect. She has a messy room, but she's living her dream!!! I can't wait to see Hye jun continuing to fight for her dream.

I loved the ending of today's episode when he mustered up the courage and told his father that he's agreed to be in the movie. He's taking himself seriously. He's taking his dream seriously and he's fighting for it. Gotta thank manager-nim for telling him to be more ambitious 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

Continuation of the scene between Hye-Joon & Jung-Ha...

Spoiler

Jung-Ha remarks that it is raining...and she adds that she hates it when it rains...

Hye-Joon tells her to wait for him and he soon returns holding an umbrella in his hand.

Jung-Ha shows Hye-joon her phone that the weather forecast says that it wouldn't rain today..

Hye-Joon says that it is raining now so she will need to have an umbrella.

Jung-Ha asks what about Hye-Joon then since they only have one umbrella so Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha that he can just take a bus here.

And he adds that it's not raining in his neighbourhood.

Hye-Joon opens up the umbrella and asks if Jung-Ha is going to continue standing there...

As Jung-Ha seems to be keeping a distance between them, Hye-Joon pulls her in to seek shelter under the umbrella and tells her that she's getting rained on so she replies in return that if it wasn't for her, he wouldn't get rained on too...

Hye-Joon then tells Jung-Ha that's the reason why he has bought the umbrella in the first place...

Jung-Ha then adds that he is a sweet talker...and asks Hye-Joon if he has dated many people...

Hye-Joon then replies that no, he hasn't as he prefers to have longer and more serious relationships...

He adds that he has only been in two relationships and both are with the same girl...

Jung-Ha then tells Hye-Joon that he seems keen to tell her everything when she didn't even ask him to do so...

This is when Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha if she has ever dated before so the latter retorts that of course she has!

Hye-Joon then remarks that since she seem to have made such a strong response, it's like she is confirming that (she has never dated before)...

Jung-Ha tries to explain herself and says that she has been in many short relationships and they don't really last as she tends to get bored easily...

Hye-Joon asks if it's because of she is afraid of getting herself hurt...

Jung-Ha is forced to agree with him on this that she can't deny this is partly the truth too...

She remarks that she can't believe that they would talk about such a topic...

Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha that he feels comfortable being with her...

Jung-Ha is pleasantly surprised as she asks him, "Me?"

Hye-Joon nods his head and adds that it's because Jung-Ha speaks her mind so that's why he feels at ease with her and can let his guard down...

Hye-Joon adds that they have even talked about money which is considered a sensitive topic to many people.

Hye-Joon asks why Jung-Ha hates rainy days so the latter replies it's because she feels like she is all alone by herself...

Hye-Joon then replies that he will give her a call when it rains...and tells her that she is not alone...

Jung-Ha then adds that his words are causing her to have goosebumps and that they are mushy...

She runs away and tells him that she can't stay on to listen to him anymore...

At the bus stop...Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha that he is always rational...so Jung-Ha asks him don't good actors always think about how they are going to best express their emotions first...so maybe that's why your acting is....

Hye-Joon then tells Jung-Ha that he won't let it slide...

Jung-Ha thought that Hye-Joon was upset with her words so she quickly apologises and tells him that she doesn't know much about acting...

Hye-Joon then removes his scarf tied around his neck and ties it around Jung-Ha's neck. He tells Jung-Ha that it will still help (to protect her from the cold chills) even if it's small....

Hye-Joon asks Jung-ha if he should cover her face with it so the latter tells him that she would tie it herself instead...

Hye-Joon then boards the bus then tells her to leave first as he wants to see her go first...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

The final scene between the Hye-joon & Jung-Ha...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon goes to the beauty salon to look for Jung-Ha there...

Hye-Joon asks Jung-Ha what this wonderful job opportunity is all about...

Jung-Ha remarks that he is being too impatient...

She accidentally clicks on a video clip she has taken of Hye-Joon when he walking on the runway and quickly says that this isn't the one she wants to show him...

She then clicks on her other images and Hye-Joon's photos pops up on her laptop screen causing her to feel rather embarrassed as she remarks why his photos would pop up out of the blue.

Hye-Joon has an amused smile on his face. 

She finally finds the correct video clip that she has taken of a senior model doing his catwalk on the runway.

As Hye-Joon leans in, Jung-Ha remarks that isn't he getting too close...to her...

Hye-Joon asks what about this video clip...

Jung-Ha proposes that since Grandpa's dream is to be a celebrity so she feels this is the best way for him to try to attain his dream at his age. Hye-Joon tells Jung-Ha that he is only trying to help his grandpa to look for a part-time job and that he is not helping him to realise his dream because he is already 71 years old now.

Jung-Ha retorts that there are many senior models who are in their eighties and yet they are still very active...

She adds that having good looks like his grandfather is a positive attribute in itself already...

Hye-Joon then tells Jung-Ha that this won't do at all so Jung-Ha reminds Hye-Joon that he hasn't even tried to speak to his grandpa regarding this yet...

She tells him that he shouldn't be the one to turn down this job opportunity...

Hye-Joon then remarks that she is amusing...

So Jung-Ha adds that no one has said that about her before...so she will take it to be a compliment...

Hye-Joon then comments that when she is angry, she can really remain so calm...

Jung-Ha tells him that she does understand that he does not really like her proposal...but adds that he shouldn't consider her idea as being absurd or ludicrous...

Hye-Joon adds that he has seen many senior models before but he has never thought that his grandpa could also become one of them...

Jung-Ha adds that maybe it's because he is his grandpa so he cannot visualise his own grandpa being a model...

Hye-Joon asks why she should make that comment...

Jung ha then rationalises that people do change and that he may not remember them for who they are. Jung Ha tries to convince Hye-Joon saying that since he has mentioned that he wants the best for his grandpa but the truth it, he doesn't feel that his grandpa is able to make a mark. Hye-Joon reminds her not to cross the line so she tells him that the line has been crossed already...

Hye-Joon still feels that this won't work and Jung-Ha corrects him that he seems half-convinced already...

Hye-Joon then takes his leave and tells Jung-Ha that he needs to take care of some matters first and asks her what time she ends work.

Continuation of the final scene between the two main leads...

Spoiler

Hye-Joon goes to look for Jung-ha at the salon and asks if she is done with her work. Jung-Ha remarks that he doesn't even give her a call before he comes over...

Hye-Joon says is because he wants to do something at the salon...

He asks Jung-Ha if she can cut his hair with the hair clipper...

Jung-ha teases him and asks him if he wants to go back to being a 7 year old boy again...

Hey-joon simply tells her that he will be joining the military...

Jung-Ha asks him when he is going in so he replies in 10 days' time.

Jung-Ha asks Hye-Joon then why is he cutting his hair off today...

Then Hye-Joon states that it's because if doesn't do that, he will have this desire of wanting to stay behind...

Jung-ha then tells him that it seems like he is leaving for good...

She asks him if they have shortened the military service term now.

Hye-Joon then retorts that it's all too easy for her to say something like this...

Jung-ha readily agrees that of course it is...

Jung-ha asks Hye-Joon why does he want to cut off his hair before the date of his enlistment...and adds that having this buzz cut will only serve to remind him that the enlistment date is drawing closer...

Hye-Joon remarks that she is really making her stand known now...

Jung-ha adds that she is a quick learner...

Hye-Joon then adds that Jung-Ha is also good at praising herself...

Jung-Ha says that she is merely stating a fact and that is all...

She tells him that he should leave now as Su-bin is still at the salon....

Hye-Joon gets up and questions Jung-ha if she is really Hae-Hyo's fan so Jung-Ha readily agrees that she is. Hye-joon then reminds her that he hates liars just so that she knows about this...

He starts counting down from 3 to 1 as he makes his way out...

Jung-Ha then quickly says aloud, "Yes, alright! ! I'm your fan! 

Hey-Joon then smiles to himself as this is the answer he's been wanting to hear from her...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

@MinLyn Bless your heart with the interactions of our OTP. Just confirms what I got from the conversation while watching the clips. :hooray2:

I love our OTP being so candid and sharing themselves with each other so freely.

Plus I liked ML got the FL to confess she IS a fan (as he did not want to be disliked by him as a liar.) Suave move! LOL.

Looking forward to watching the drama tonight!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

In the official website there wasn't a love triangle in the relationship chart.. 

There wasn't any arrow between HaeHyo and JungHa. 

f132430820889084930(0).jpg

-------------

Also ...

Is there a page in this soompi thread about their character description?

If there isn't, can someone translate HaeHyo's character description?

원해효

원해효

26세, 모델 겸 배우

"난 항상 공정한 경쟁을 해. 특혜 받은 적 없다구!"

순하고 상냥하고, 외향적이다. 장난기가 많다. 좋아하고 싫어하는 일이 분명하고 싫어하는 일은 하지 않는다. 좋아하는 일을 하기 위해 싫어하는 일을 해야 된다는 혜준의 생각이 답답할 때가 있다. 사나이는 '도전'이다. 승부욕이 강하고 지고는 못산다. 좋아하는 일은 죽도록 열심히 한다.

해효는 초등학교에 들어가기 전엔 자신의 집이 평범한 줄 알았다. 사립 초등학교를 보내야 한다는 엄마의 의견이 아버지에게 받아들여지지 않으면서 공립 초등학교로 가게 된다. 거기서 운명적으로 혜준과 진우와 친구가 되면서 부와 가난에 대해 생각하게 된다. 자신이 누리는 부가 혜준에게 약간 미안할 때가 있다.

그러나 자신의 생각과는 다르게
가난이란 조건을 긍정적으로 받아들이고
열심히 사는 혜준에 대한 애정이 깊다.

Based from online translation (google), it wasn't mentioned that HaeHyo is attracted or inlove with JungHa. 

Also I'm confused at the last part, It says something like HaeHyo has a deep affection for HyeJoon,

I hope someone will translate them.

Thanks so much in advance.

• Like 4