[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

RecordOfYouth's plot is not our typical korea drama

Fluffy /dramatic conflicts/ fatansy land / funny

Non of the above

Instead,  shows us how normal people deal with issues in real life.  It’s a inspiring and realistic story that tackles the hardships of achieving your dream.

Spoiler

Realistic portaral of the entertainment industry stories

1st ever relatable kdrama about entertainment industy / really out there exposing how privilege can create shortcuts to success. meanwhile, a nobody have to either be lucky or spend X years to get recognition.

so bold and courageous move to tackle about "sponsorship" in the entertainment industry

Media play /serves as an eye opener relating the lives of celebrities. How much celebrities suffer because of key board players /click-bait news platform, Journalist

Cinematic Masterpiece / Outstanding Cinemaography

Lots of life lesson about youth dream, family and love

Strong and independent female lead character (not typical weak female lead)

Inspiring

Despite being emotionally beaten a couple of times for being poor / not having rich background / failed several times but continues to strive for success.

Masterpiece OST

Family Relationship / Family Status/ Family Problems....my list will go on-------. I am glad that most of the cast got interviews and photo shoot because of drama's popularity. not usual for mother/ father role. HJ's brother got new drama offer and BWS got CF offer. if BG enlists later, he sure can take CF offer but he decided to enlist once complete the drama. BG's drama second lead always get drama offer immediately. (e.g encounter/LITM)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I liked the series, but I think the ending is a little weak. It's a little strange that the FL goes to a job without knowing who the stars of the production is ;)

I do like that they showed hardships, which were more realistic than other things and the way each family was portrayed. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, agenth said:

I liked the series, but I think the ending is a little weak. It's a little strange that the FL goes to a job without knowing who the stars of the production is ;)

I do like that they showed hardships, which were more realistic than other things and the way each family was portrayed. 

@agenth i think 2 different production happens to be in same location. My screen caps for that scene could not paste here. you can see their conversation around  1:13:11  "There is another shoot"

About ending, still see lots of different opinions online :crymeme:  will post a few.  Fan relate to entertainment industry from their idol to recent broke up news.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My husband and I miss watching ROY every Monday and Tuesday. It had been our bonding activity, and we sure have many wonderful memories while watching it especially when the internet connection is acting up. Should we go to sleep already or should we continue watching? In the end, our choice was always to continue watching even if it is already very late at night at times.  Btw, this is the "first" KDrama that he watched completely. And his favorite character is "Min Jae", which is the only name he remembered. When I asked him why, he said "Min Jae is cute".:grin:

I am one of those who hoped for a happy ending, believing that our OTP will fight for their relationship till the end. But as the story goes, it was only HJ who is willing but not JH. And that made me disappointed. For me, having them fight for their relationship despite all the challenges and then eventually breakup because it's the most logical choice there is after all the efforts would have been more acceptable. In fact, up to now, I find it hard to rewatch Ep 13 onwards. Is there somebody else having the same experience?

The ending for me can still be considered happy, a happy-open ending,  because they still got to see each other and talk. If I were to continue the story, I would like them to just remain as friends if JH's perspective about love and relationship will not change. 

This is my first time joining a forum and I would like to "Thank You" guys for making it a wonderful experience. There is so much to learn from this drama about life, relationship and family that were echoed in this forum. 

Stay safe everyone! God bless us all.   :Megathanks:

• Like 3

When Covid is out, let's go to ROY filming sites in South Korea. Down below is the link of the complete location sites they used on ROY. Thanks to the author who compiled it. 

:glee:

Record Of Youth | Complete List Of Filming Locations You Should Visit In Korea

Let's Take A Look Around Park Bo-gum and Park So-dam's Record Of Youth Filming Locations. 

https://www.creatrip.com/en/blog/8756

• Awesome 1