[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

The next scene...

Spoiler

Hye-joon goes over to Jung-ha's house as the latter wants to help him to colour his hair...

Hye-joon tells Jung-ha saying that he thought he would help to dye his hair at her salon so Jung-ha replies that she can't use the salon for her own personal affairs...

Hye-joon then says that he shares her sentiments too...

Jung-ha then adds that they are alike in many ways...

Hye-joon gives Jung-ha a picture book on "Rain"...

Jung-ha remarks that the illustrations on the book are really beautiful...

She sees a note written in the book and asks Hye-joon what he has written so the latter tells her that she can always read at a later time...

Jung-ha tells Hye-joon that she will apply some hair oil on his hair first as this will make the dyeing job easier and help to protect his hair from becoming damaged too...

She then starts massaging his scalp and the latter remarks that it really feels good...

Jung-ha starts ruffling his hair but Hye-joon tells her not to do it...

She wants to apply some hand cream for him so Hye-Joon motions for her to apply on the back of his hand so the latter is amused cos she thought that everyone will apply hand cream starting with their palms first...

Hye-joon then asks her in return why does she start applying the cream with her palm first...

Jung-ha then remarks that Hye-joon seems fixated in his ways about certain things...

Hye-joon then adds that most people apply hand cream starting with the back of their hand first...

Jung-ha then remarks that Hye-joon seems very adamant about certain things...

Hye-joon then explains that if you start apply hand cream on the back of the hand then it will feel less oily on the palms....

Jung-ha then says that she has never really thought about it cos she is just merely following the same method that most people would use when applying hand cream on their hands...

She adds that since everyone is doing it this way then she feels that it has to be the best way then...

Hye-joon then remarks that only someone who likes to look for security would say that...

Jung-ha then adds that though the minority may appear to stand out more and seem more chic but she still prefers to belong to the majority...

Hye-joon then tells her that this isn't a battle of wits cos all he wants to do is to respect her wishes...

He then places a finger on her forehead in jest and the latter tells him not to do that...

Then she starts ruffling his hair...in jest too...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Another great episode today. I love how their relationship is developing, with trust and encouragement each other. 

It's a surprise that Jiah can read HH's mind that quickly. She seems to be a wicked fox. I bet she'll try to be in between our OTP. Her face RickRoll'D me off. Anyway, HJ did well ignore her existence, she's a nobody to him now.

Our JA really had a terrible time in this ep, dealing with JinJoo's dirty trick and her mom's nagging. But I'm happy that she's stood up for herself and give Jinjoo a lesson.

That guy JaeSoo... I don't even wanna mention him. The more effort you put into hinddle HJ's career, the more successful he will be.

This drama is so relatable, so authentic and true to its name.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

The next scene...

Spoiler

Hye-joon goes to pick Jung-ha up in his van...

Jung-ha asks if Hye-Joon has stayed up all night as she thought that filming for the drams is already over...

So Hye-joon tells her that he has to shoot an advertisement...

Jung-ha then teases him saying that it must be really nice to be making lots of money...

Hye-joon then replies that he doesn't know about that yet...

Jung-ha tells Hye-joon that he is becoming more popular so shouldn't Min-jae accompany her artiste to the salon instead?

Hye-joon explains that their agency is rather small and he doesn't have a car too but he tells Jung-ha that he will be getting a car soon...

He also explains that Min-jae has to attend a meeting...and asks Jung-ha if he has answered all her questions so the latter nods her head...

This is when Jung-ha receives a call from her mom who tells her that she want to see her and that she will drop by at her office. Jung-ha has not told her mom that she has quitted her office job to work as a make-up artist...

Jung-ha tellls her mom that she has already made plans and suggests that they meet another day...

Hye-joon asks if he should cancel their appointment with the rest of the guys so that Jung-ha can meet her mom instead but the latter tells him it is fine.

She tells Hye-joon that she will go in first and he can come into the salon 10 minutes later...

Hye-joon says that they should go together instead but Jung-ha tells him that she can't be seen reporting at her workplace together with a customer...

Hye-joon then points out that Jung-ha would enter the salon together with Hae-hyo...

Jung-ha then points out to him that their relationship isn't the same...implying that she and Hae-hyo aren't a couple...

Hye-joon then tells Jung-ha that it doesn't bother him at all...(that is others' opinion of him and them being seen together)...

But Jung-ha tells him otherwise and says that it's something that is of concern to her...

But she does like it that this doesn't seem to bother Hye-joon at all...

Seeing Jung-ha being harshly ticked off by a customer who wasn't satisfied with the eye make-up Jung-ha has done for her, tears start rolling down her cheeks when she is alone by herself in the staff lounge...

Hye-joon wants to go forward to comfort her but Soo-Bin pulls him away saying that it will pain Jung-ha even more having her boyfriend witnessing the scene and seeing what she has gone through...

The next scene...

Hae-Hyo calls Hae-na to join them for their get together with the guys as he tells her that Hye-joon's girlfriend would also be coming along so she may feel out of place being with just the guys...

Hae-na is together with Jin-ah then so she remarks that since when did Hae-hyo become so considerate...and she adds that Hye-joon is fast becoming more popular so the guys seldom hang out together and tells her that Hye-joon's girlfriend would also be joining them for the gathering...

Jin-ah seems surprised to learn that Hye-joon has a girlfriend now...

• Thanks 7

The next scene...

Spoiler

Lee Tae-Su is up to his usual conniving self and spreading some baseless rumours to the reporter about Hye-Joon being involved with Charlie Jung....

Hye-joon and Jung-ha meet up with the guys. When Jin-woo sees Hye-Joon and Jung-ha almost picking up the same piece of meat with their fork, he then remarks that they are supposed to come here to eat not watch the both of them filming some romantic scene...

This is when Hae-na receives a call from Ji-Ah saying that she wants to join them as she needs to take a breather after studying at the library for the whole day so Hae-na tells Ji-ah that Hye-joon's girlfriend is also here with them right now...

Ji-Ah then laughs aloud saying that she is just going there to see Hae-Hyo and Jin-Woo...

Hae-hyo then goes out to meet Ji-Ah at the parking lot and tells her that he wants to speak to her alone....

Inside the restaurant, Ji-Ah remarks that she is wondering whom she will inflict hurt on the most if she turns up for the dinner with the rest of the guys...

Hae-Hyo then asks her why does she want to turn up then if she knows that someone is likely to get hurt...

Ji-Ah then says that she does not have a hidden motive for doing so...

Hae-hyo reminds her that it's because of this attitude so that's the reason why she has broken up with Hye-joon...

Hae-Hyo then tells Ji-Ah that she should just leave instead...

Ji-Ah is the astute one here as she senses something is wrong so she asks Hae-Hyo if it's because he like Hye-joon's girlfriend...so that's why he feels really bothered by her presence...because she knows Hye-Joon's girlfriend is likely to be the one who is most bothered by her mere presence....

Hae-Hyo doesn't reply her...so she remarks that Hae-Hyo is not even denying this....

Hae-Hyo tells her to stop saying these words but Ji-ah says that she has just started...

(Argh...I'm not liking this at all....)

Ji-Ah then tells Hae-Hyo that they should go meet the rest of the guys and she will prove it to him that no one will feel ill at ease with her presence there...

When they arrive, Ji-Ah tells Hye-joon that she invited herself to the gathering and that Hae-na didn't invite her so Hye-Joon tells her off saying that he doesn't care about it at all...Then he walks off...

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 5

While eating a late lunch reading the goodies from  you all---thanks to @autumnight @MinLyn (so appreciate your translations-so thorough and I KNOW time consuming) @gumtaek and others I have missed.

So far glad that our ML is a star. GRRR on his old agent trying to spread lies about him with Charlie Jung.

The Ex wanting to come by and crash their gathering when she DID not care to keep in touch ALL these years. But she was quick on the uptake about Hae Hyo liking Jeong Ah.

Love Hye Joon and Jeong Ah are talking and having dates. How she colored his hair and how Soobin advised him to NOT go to her. (She was right, Jeong Ah would have been more upset if she knew he saw her that way.

Looking forward to more to read later as I have to go back to work.

Loved yesterday's episode.

-Manager Minjae was the BOMB to have Jeong Ah console her star Hye Joon. Just deepened their bond and she was right that he would would be alone and only Jeong Ah could comfort him the way she couldn't for the bad situation. Plus we get our OTP to kiss and his confession to BOOT. The kisses were sweet and in the car and permission they gave each other to KISS whenever they WANTED to. Swoon, Her Perm was cute and then when Hye Joon got the audition for the medical drama--YES I loved it.

-Hae Hyo's mom seeing Tae Su with dislike. (She was right about him and glad she did not take him on as a manager.) The fact he was trying to curry favor and show off at the golf course to her. Seriously. Her rapport with her hubby and lack of conversation. Def he does his own thing and she does her own thing. 

-Love Hye Joon's mom and her relationship with her son. YESH. Grandpa is the best and when found out he slapped Hye Joon. Hye Joon wanting an apology (not common to request) but I agree that when everyone ganged up against dad DEFENDING hyung but ok to not care or defend other family members. (How even dad knew with hyung gone he would be outnumbered for sure. He could come but not often LOL).  Dad drank he knew he was in the wrong and is not a bad guy. Just bad at expressing himself, so when mom took his arm later walking home was a nice gesture. She knows her hubby. He is a pain in the tooshie but she knows he loves and cares for their sons. He is not FAIR and objective but glad at least Hye Joon has mom and dad defends Hyung. Cute how Hyung tried to talk to Grandpa and see how he was excited about modeling. Loved how mom said he looked great and dashing. Plus asked to try one of his exercises and said wow her core hurt trying what he was doing against the wall.

-Grandpa and dad talking how he was not intent on being a trouble maker. He regrets and wishes he could go back in time. So now he wants to be able to earn his son's respect at least and work hard for it. Not to be called formally aboji but appa by him. Language is so key and how you address others in Korean. So the fact the dad would not call his father appa is telling. 

Glad that Jeong Ah had the salon owner talk to her. She told her she did promote her way too fast but also made her aware you have to be aware of your surroundings and the environment too. Even though we know she did not steal the clients, the other colleagues do not know and see it the bully's way to her. So when she had to corner Soobin, evne Soobin did not want to tell her. But you know, if jeong Ah, she should get the unvarnished truth. So when she heard the others felt she DID steal the male clients . She realizes she may NOT have done it but she has to get rid of that perception.

Jin U trying to talk to his GF in front of Hye Joon's ex and she was giving him a hard time. The play on language and then saying all these "harrassing" and "stalking" terms to poor Jin U and then being told oh you are an EX she just did not TELL you yet. Dang . Good she is not dating our ML Hye Joon. She did him a favor.

I loved the actress sunbae advice to our hero Hye Joon. To get rest, rehearse in his mind and then next time call her Nuna. This allowed them to be comfortable and add tension in the acting. SO that swoony last scene he was so charismatic. (So true what they say to be good at acting the actors try to get close or comfortable --or not depending on their roles. This translates on camera if you have that real life chemistry whether real life or manufactured.) The interview was cute by everyone asking if he did many part time jobs etc. I think they were trying to see if Hye Joon could bring some of that experience to act in his role for the drama. LOL. 

Thanks again for being such an awesome forum.  I got to get back to work.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Ah chingus, I burst into tears at the end of the episode; what is going to happen to our couple :criesariver:

• I loved how eomma supported her younger son Hye-jun-a, kudos to eomma! She's so kind, like an angel, the exact opposite of Hae-hyo's mom who's a plotter... ugh. I liked her at the beginning but now I don't.
  • I hope haraboji will have a good future as a model! Kudos to haraboji too! And I hope that Hye-jun and Gyeong-jun's father became a better person by learning from what he did... he actually loves his youngest son but maybe envies him but he shouldn't treat him in bad manners.
  • Jeong-ha, if I was able to support you, ah girl! I really am glad that there is Soo-bin in that workplace and also glad that their manager is a smart woman who didn't take the bait of Jin-ju and her silly friend... And our Jeong-ha's mother is such a cold-hearted grudgeful woman! Unbelievable! Why do you disgrace your daughter like that! YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT YOUR DAUGHTER NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. Ugh! seriously!
  • I cannot hate Jin-ju or Hae-hyo or even Hae-hyo's mom but I guess I hate Jeong-ha's mom! For what she did to her! How can you make your daughter cry from the heart like that! UGH!
  • I even will not talk about Hye-jun's ex, I will only say: In you face! Huh! (You're such a cool man, Hye-jun <3 )
  • What is going to happen to our couple, are their schedules too tight to meet? :( 
  • Chingus, by the way, did our couple had a time together in Jeong-ha's bedroom :rip: waaaah, if that is so, I think I'm dying! It really doesn't have to be a hot scene but that was so cute!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

The next scene...

Spoiler

Jung-ha's mom gives her a harsh reprimand for quitting her job at the office and tells ticks her off saying that she has wasted her time trying to raise her up well because she is turning out like her father. Her words really hurt Jung-ha who starts to break down into tears.

She reminds her mom that she doesn't recall that her mom has spent the time to raise her well because all she could remember was that she was being forced to grow up quicky so that she can learn to care and fend for herself...

She tells her mom that she used to call her dad incompetent and useless but looking at her dad now, he has become rich so he is not the incompetent man her mom has labelled him to be. She then reminds her mom about the man she has remarried so her mom ticks her off saying what's wrong with the ahjussi as they have been married to each other for more than 10 years and they even have a child together...

Jung-ha then texted Hye-Joon asking him if he is asleep yet? But Hye-joon was already deep in sleep...

The last scene...

Spoiler

Hye-joon bought himself a new car and goes to pick Jung-ha up in it...

Hye-joon opens the car door for Jung-ha and tells her that she is the second person who has taken a ride in his car but to him, she will always come first...

Jung-ha then remarks that he is being too cheesy...

So Hye-joon reminds her that she is the one who has always been motivating him to do this...

Jung-ha then remarks that she likes it that he always listens to her...

Jung-ha tells Hye-joon that she too would also love to drive a car like this...

So Hye-joon asks if she has a driving license so the latter replies that she has already gotten her license way back in college and brags that she is an extremely skilful driver...

Hye-Joon then suggests that Jung-ha can give it a try and drive the car but the latter says no because she hasn't bought any insurance yet...

Hye-Joon then adds that mine will help to cover yours too...

Jung-ha then smiles upon hearing his words...

They then go to a chapel together...

Hye-Joon asks Jung-ha what did she pray for so the latter replies nothing in particular and she asks him in return what he has prayed for.

Hye-Joon then replies that he has prayed on her behalf...

Jung-ha then asks me and asks what it is about...

Hye-joon then tells Jung-ha that he has finally gotten her attention now so the latter smiles at him and says that he has always had her attention and he knows it too...

Hye-joon remarks that Jung-ha seems to be worried about something...so Jung Ha says, "Me?" Then Hye-Joon replies yes and adds that she wouldn't have thought that he didn't notice that there is something weighing on her mind...

Jung-ha still denies and tells Hye-joon no...

She then adds on saying that she knows he has been very busy these days...

Hye-joon apologises for not replying to her text messages to him...

Jung-ha then attempts to put on a slight smile on her face and it starts raining...

Hye-joon the says that it's raining and Jung-ha replies yeah, it is...

Hye-joon then holds Jung-ha's hand as they walk together in the rain...

Inside the car, Jung-ha remarks that they must be rain clouds (bearing rain)...attracting the rain...

Hye-joon then adds on saying that it also rained on the first day which they have met each other too...

Jung-ha tells Hye-joon that she used to hate rainy days...

Hye-joon asks if she still hates rainy days so Jung-ha replies that "No" and she can't can't remember why she used to hate rain too...

Hye-Joon then says it's probably because she dislikes unpredictable people...

Jung-ha then replies that she feels she is becoming rather unpredictable too...

Hye-joon tells Jung-ha he feels that she wants to have a stable life...

Jung-ha then adds that she doesn't know if there is such a thing called a stable life...

She then continues saying that maybe she has envisaged this kind of life because she yearns for it but it may not be exist in real life at all...

Hye-joon then asks what will become of them then...

Jung-ha then asks him in return what is it he hopes for (in their relationship)...

He then replies, "Saranghae (I love you)"...

Jung-ha says the same words to him in return...

Hye-joon then holds out his hand for Jung-ha to take it...

They start dancing in the rain...

Hye-joon's voiceover...

"The old man told his children to wait outside until the rain has stopped...

Do you remember the day when we met each other for the first time? 

From the start, we were always in the rain...

Adults will still have to go outside even when it's raining...

But when I'm together with you, I enjoy being in the rain too...

P.S. Transcapping their dialogue kinda saddens me in a way cos I sense that they seem to be drifting apart due to Hye-joon's busy work schedule...

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 4

Things looking up for HJ... Happy Happy... :highonflowers:

Wish JHs mom don't come after what happened... :astonished:

Harabojis luck also seems to be turning around.. 

Just don't like how HJs dad treat him.. Always nagging at him.. And HJs brother is becoming more annoying.. 

Just my take on the collusion of Lee Tae Su with the reporter... 

LTS says SHJ was stolen from him.. This will cause a scandal.. I Hope Lee Min Jae exposes what he did with SHJ.. And I bet that will be his downfall since Park Do Ha is not doing any good for him.. Always cleaning his mess.. Karma ! Karma!... 

Sa Hye Jun... Keep on soaring and prove everyone wrong!!! 

Hwaiting.. Hye Jun-ah.. 

:exercice:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

The rain scene was so beautiful and touching at the same time it’s sad. I cried so hard... until now my heart is overwhelmed with different emotions. I am super in love and anxious to what’s going to happen with their relationship. HyeJun and JeongHa’s relationship is beautiful but when life gets real  everything will change. I love how unpredictable every episodes of the drama. :sad1:i love them so much, it hurts. But what future holds for the both of them when HyeJun’s career become more successful? I remember the break up scene in episode 1 where Park Doha was in a relationship with his makeup artist. I’m not comparing it to HJ and JH relationship but they have the same situation. I hope they will find their way back to each other. :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

The rain scene was so beautiful and touching at the same time it’s sad. I cried so hard... until now my heart is overwhelmed with different emotions. I am super in love and anxious to what’s going to happen with their relationship. HyeJun and JeongHa’s relationship is beautiful but when life gets real  everything will change. I love how unpredictable every episodes of the drama. i love them so much, it hurts. But what future holds for the both of them when HyeJun’s career become more successful? I remember the break up scene in episode 1 where Park Doha was in a relationship with his makeup artist. I’m not comparing it to HJ and JH relationship but they have the same situation. I hope they will find their way back to each other. 

They will, chingu. I have a strong feeling that we'll have a beautiful happy ending. 

Though our OTP are still being together, I have some prediction of what might be the reasons for them to break apart (not that I want it though):

1. He'll become a star, hence the busy schedule, having to hide the relationship from fans, paparazzis... they all play a big part in making our OTP tiring and eventually decide to break up 

2. HJ's too busy to take care of JH (as we see in ep 8, he wasn't there for her when she needed him. Although it's not intentionally).

That's all I can think about for now. Anyone wanna share what you think about the reasons for their breakup (if any)?

7 hours ago, Yasemin Salturdóttir said:

• Chingus, by the way, did our couple had a time together in Jeong-ha's bedroom  waaaah, if that is so, I think I'm dying! It really doesn't have to be a hot scene but that was so cute!

from what I see it's just a teaser for what's going to happen after the rain scene. We're gonna have a full view of that scene next ep, hopefully.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

I want to think HyeJun and JeongHa will take their love to the next level by spending the night together. Please make babies instead of breaking up. Break the bed, don’t break each other. 

haha, I wish they will have bed scence but not the consequence of it (No babies please). They're still young and have a lot of things they want to take over. Having babies will mostly make their dreams harder to reach.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2