[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

6 hours ago, Nur Nuri said:

Tvn supposed to be change the title of this drama. From record of youth to be "Record of Park Bogum" 

The title "Record of Park Bogum" is suit with the whole story of this drama 

Start of preview and screentime, park bogum was dominate too much. Yeah i know the reason is because he is top actor. TVN love him so much :tears:

Few times ago i hope there will be justice to park sodam screentime. But now, i stop it. There is no justice to sodam :confused:

lets stay positive chinguya 

2e890ee5f52dd4e9cc906e7c1b914c90b669a756

Don’t judge it way too soon !

Still 10 more episodes to move on !

lets wait ! 

But one thing is certain this drama is so relatable !

Be it their thoughts ....

65a834d1fc0c576fb32caf46bbcb338c622dd74c

Be it their acts !

22535d174cac9adfa63ea46fbba69d4a_mp4.gif

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, gumtaek said:

@MinLyn, sorry to bother you with this...below is a columnist/critic Deok-Hyun Jung with a review of Record of Youth... May I ask you to translate it for us? Thanks in advance!

Hi @gumtaek! Below is a brief synopsis of the talk show host/critic on Record of Youth. :blush:

(Hulk Talk Show) views Park Bo-Gum's role as Sa Hye-Joon in Record of Youth as a distinctive portrayal of a "Dirt Spoon" in contemporary Korean society. Hence, the reason why the talk show host cum critic supports Park Bo-gum in Record of Youth. As the spoon class theory clearly depicts the different socioeconomic classes in South Koea wherein individuals are classified based on the types of assets they own and the financial status of their families. As often enough, the belief is that one's success is dependent solely on whether one is born into a wealthy and privileged family.

The talk show critic, Jung Deok-Hyun feels that Record of Youth is a really good drama as it is a vivid and realistic reflection of the harsh reality of what the modern youths are faced with nowadays when they are being classified as a "dirt spoon" since they are born into low income families who are financially impoverished. Yet, at the same time, the drama also gives cheers to bubbly-like fantasies and dreams.

Scenes of Park Bo-gum and Park So-dam alone are also enough to draw high expectations for the drama. :fullofhearts:

Park Bo Gum Is Ready To Take On A New Challenge In “Record Of Youth”

Park Bo Gum Is Ready To Take On A New Challenge In “Record Of Youth”

Soompi Article

Sep 27, 2020

by S. P

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Record of Youth” has released new stills of Park Bo Gum!

“Record of Youth” tells the story of young people who struggle for their dreams and love amidst the harsh realities of the modeling industry. Park Bo Gum stars as Sa Hye Joon, an aspiring actor and model, Park So Dam stars as Ahn Jung Ha, an aspiring makeup artist, and Byun Woo Seok stars as Wo Hae Hyo, a model who wants to make a name for himself without relying on his family.

Spoilers

Just when things were beginning to turn around for Sa Hye Joon’s budding acting career, his casting in a drama was canceled due to the work of his former agency CEO Lee Tae Su (played by Lee Chang Hoon). Although Sa Hye Joon didn’t let his disappointment show in front of his manager Lee Min Jae (played by Shin Dong Mi), he was nonetheless hurt by the news. However, he found comfort in the company of Ahn Jung Ha, whose existence helps him escape reality and experience pure happiness. The episode ended as Sa Hye Joon conveyed his feelings for Ahn Jung Ha through their very first kiss.

Sa Hye Joon is ready to overcome more hurdles on the path toward his dreams in the new stills, which show him at an audition for a production that is looking for a model-turned-actor. However, while Sa Hye Joon discusses his role in earnest, Lee Min Jae appears on edge, clutching her bag uneasily. In the final still, the pair discuss the role, with Lee Min Jae doing her best to convince the actor to see her point of view. The script on the table in front of them is titled “Return of the King,” leading viewers to wonder what kind of role Sa Hye Joon might take on next, and whether or not he will be able to succeed in spite of Lee Tae Su.

Park-Bo-Gum-4.jpg

Shin-Dong-Mi-Park-Bo-Gum.jpg

Spoiler

Shin-Dong-Mi1.jpg

The drama’s production team hinted at what is to come, commenting, “The steadfast Sa Hye Joon will keep taking on challenges, and his chance to turn everything around is coming. Viewers can expect to feel a refreshing sense of satisfaction.”

The next episode of “Record of Youth” airs on September 28 at 9 p.m. KST.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

So happy to see more good reviews, BTS, stills and updates on the drama. I’m excited for Seo Hyun Jin’s cameo. She’s one of my favorites. I didn’t realize playing a doctor was Bo Gum’s dream role. I’m glad he was able to fulfill that in a character role. Hopefully he will get to act in a full medical drama too. I can picture him playing a doctor similar to Yoo Yeon Seok in Dr Romantic where he can get to show his acting range. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

Loving ROY so far as it is relatable and easy to watch. I wasnt expecting the first 6 eps to fly by so quickly (and i needed a respite from my brain-wrenching forest of secrets 2).

I am afraid of the melo turn this drama may take with hye jun's voiceover about how he and jeongha ended up :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1

Annyeong chingudeul!  I miss the thread. I miss all of you.:heart3:

Spoiler
22 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

A few thoughts..

HJ as a character is so rich and full-bodied. I keep thinking about the moment when he finally tracked down MJ and found out how his old manager ruined his opportunity to get the mini-series. He didn't go off the deep end. He didn't get angry with MJ, he was resolved that it remains a lesson moving forward. He was precise and honest with MJ about stepping up and taking the job of being a manger/agent more seriously because of how dog-eat-dog the industry can be. His character has dealt with some harsh realities, crushing disappointments and the reality of his position in life and in the entertainment world. So wise beyond his years.

This drama should be a wake-up call to a lot of young dreamers and up and comers in Korea how it takes more than talent and looks to truly make it. HH has a manager and a bigger company behind him, but without his mother's interference he would not be as far as he is. I am glad MJ got betrayed by the old manager because she really needed a wake up call. Now she has some fire in her because she knows how fleeting some of these opportunities can be. As far as the old manager, I just don't understand his vitriol. Even when HJ was still at his agency, he treated him like crap. Why does it seem like so many people saw HJ's magic and wanted to immediately take advantage of him? Even that designer guy was like that. 

As far as his friendship with HH, I feel like HH knows that he isn't as talented (or as good-looking) as HJ, but he's rich and has a tiger mom behind him so he is riding this wave out. But him all of a sudden falling for JH is too much. She doesn't even like him like that and never did. He needs to realize he can't have everything, nor can he TAKE everything that he really wants from HJ. The family dynamic is brutal. I like HJ's grandfather the most, he's so sweet and supportive. I can also deal with his mom, I just wish she wasn't so clueless about HH's family. But his father can kick rocks to the moon, and the brother too. The level of napoleon complex, jealousy, anger and selfishness is exhausting. 

JH and HJ are up against outside forces they don't even know about yet. I hope they are resilient enough and strong minded enough to deal with it all. I feel like these two are fated in a lot of ways, unfortunately life is never just easy.

I love your thoughts chingu. I enjoy reading it. Love more the last paragraph: "life is never easy" is an absolute truth"! 

Welcome to the thread. Please post more. :wub:

Spoiler
20 hours ago, Nur Nuri said:

Tvn supposed to be change the title of this drama. From record of youth to be "Record of Park Bogum" 

The title "Record of Park Bogum" is suit with the whole story of this drama 

:approves:

Start of preview and screentime, park bogum was dominate too much. Yeah i know the reason is because he is top actor. TVN love him so much :tears:

Few times ago i hope there will be justice to park sodam screentime. But now, i stop it. There is no justice to sodam :confused:

Spoiler

Chingu, please be patient. We are in the 7-8 episodes yet. Kindly trust Sodam and her Artist Mgt agency's decisions.They won't even chose this script / drama if they knew from the start that Sodam won't be a shining star here. This a drama and it has scripts and flow of stories to follow.

I don't quite get what you are whining. If you are just watching with a good heart and observing events about her she has been telling her stories since episode one. She has been showing what she is fighting for in her job;  has been conveying what kind of person she is (e.g. she doesn't want to be indebted.) She has been portraying emotions she needs to project. I didn't see any less about his screen time and her being jeong ha. 

Anyway,  are you @LULUNNA ? Because I feel the same vibes of negativity of what I feel from her before and now from you. I hope not. :vicx:

I'm sorry,  just wanna say to you let us be thankful and grateful that after 4 years of her without a drama, we can see her now in tv. So let us enjoy the drama and react within the context of the drama and not making this drama as if this is a WAR of PBG vs PSD's screen time or character of PBG vs character of PSD. There are so much to talk about the drama. The context of it. The little details of it. I'm sorry but I'm hoping you understand what I'm appealing to you because it's not healthy to stay like that. 

giphy.gif

giphy-1.gif

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Gummi said:

Loving ROY so far as it is relatable and easy to watch. I wasnt expecting the first 6 eps to fly by so quickly (and i needed a respite from my brain-wrenching forest of secrets 2).

I am afraid of the melo turn this drama may take with hye jun's voiceover about how he and jeongha ended up :(

My thoughts exactly chingu. I/We waited for this drama for how many mos and now the 6 episodes are already completed. Time flies so fast. Thinking of how many episodes left makes me sad. But for now I'll enjoy the drama. Btw,  Welcome to the thread. :wub:

Welcome to the thread: @4evrkdrama and @PoisonIvy.

@YongZura⁷I am also excited about his new character. I think we will be anticipating two characters. One doctor and a king. The next episodes will be more exciting.  And the dates of the new couple will also show. Can't wait! :cutekitty:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

@gumtaek how the heck did the doctor go on  for almost 4 minutes just for that. Geez. That is a lot of translation to do.

This was the standard bread and butter line in Romantic Dr 2. Anyone here watched that drama?  I was checking the subs for that drama. The screen writer usually only gives you a 1 line explanation and of all the chatter only ICH or the status will have an online explanation for the viewer. That show almost killed me trying to understand and till this day have no idea what the hell the neonatal resuscitator pack was-I mean that is what I heard.  Lol. So cannot believe she went on and on about it. 

You can ask for the translation yes but that is way too much explanation for a layperson. I guess the personal explanation about PBG is or will be cute to hear.

I am off to do my thing and will watch the episode tomorrow. Ciao guys.

@gumtaek we caught a few medical errors from the actors before. The doses were said wrongly, or the medication mentioned is different from what the actor said on screen. It was hilarious. Yes its difficult. This mental stupor thing must be a Korean medical thing. It took me awhile to get my head around it as we use different terms in the UK/ Australia/NZ.

Omg. There is no  insight in this post. Park Bo Gum is so cool in scrubs. Why did the guy leave it till his last drama to shoot such a well styled look drama? I've never paid so much attention to his clothes in his previous dramas before. His black and yellow cardigan in last week's episode was so stylish.

Even his hair. His hair cut is so young and smart and not boring. I don't even have 2nd lead syndrome here. There is only HIM. 

Lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1