[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

2 hours ago, LanA said:

Since it's a drama about youth, do you guys think we will have a bed scence of our OTP ?

I don't see why not. For ONCE the girl lives by herself. They will have ramen and a sleepover for sure.

He had a girlfriend before. And boy did you see him just holding his hand out. No juvenile 1st day of relationship squealing cheesy comments from him. Or her.

Bring it on. But first... the kissing needs to heat up. Both of them are not playing coy characters here. And HH sister made the guy get immunised and they prepared for a 1st night. Even I have never seen that level of preparation for a 1st night before.

Yup. I am saying yes. But how much will be shown will depend on how much kissing or good kissing scenes the PD will allow.

Back to makjang land. For some reason I am in the mood to start a serious makjang drama Graceful Family. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

I think it’s a natural part in a couple’s relationship to have ups and downs. I expect Hye Jun and Jeong Ha to have some bumps along the way. Hopefully, this will help to make their relationship grow stronger.

43 minutes ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

Okay after the ship sails, there will be storm next right..

• Like 4

@touchthesky99, you changed your DP! Like!

Except from a review

I was wondering last week what makes this tandem so good. Now, I know one reason why. Their banters are gold. Watching them felt like I’m reading a good romance novel with witty banter and a backdrop filled with subtle romantic tensions. It’s hard to write these kinds of dialogues and it’s also much harder to pull off. But Bo-gum and So-dam are acting it out effortlessly. Their exchanges sounded so natural that a rain confession didn’t seem as cliché as it may sound."

We’re only in the third week but our upfront hero confessed already! When he realized that he was ready to get rained on with Jeong-ha (literally and figuratively), he confessed his feelings without any ado. And the suddenness of it, I think achieved what the ROY team has been aiming for in this part of the story – young love. It was impulsive, thrilling, and pure. Despite Jeong-ha wanting to be as rational as possible, she couldn’t stop herself from accepting Hye-jun’s confession. They settled their status in a simple conversation at Jeong-ha’s foyer. There weren’t fireworks nor candles and flowers but my heart threatened to pummel out of my chest when Hye-jun dropped the ‘D’ word. And again, I really think it’s because of how Bo-gum and So-dam make these simple scenarios as romantic as possible.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Whoa!  The thread moves so fast and  I really need my eye glasses to read all your witty posts my ROY chingus. I get happy just reading all the posts in the thread. :wub:

Btw,  these are the Nielsen Korea Top Ten shows on Sept 21 and 22 in Cable TV. 

National

IMG-20200923-134947.jpg

Spoiler

SMA

IMG-20200923-135003.jpg

Sept 22

National

IMG-20200923-144239.jpg

Three times replayed. 

6.995 + 1.554 + 1.461 = 10.01%

Spoiler

IMG-20200923-144226.jpg

Three times replayed. 

8.409 + 1.892 + 1.870 = 12.171%

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Text-Preview-7.jpg

Text Preview for Ep 7 of ROY...

Jung-Ha and Hye-Joon begin to start a sweet relationship...

Min-Jae is working hard to get Hye-Joon an audition for a new drama...

In the meanwhile, Jin-Woo goes to law school to try to resolve his differences with Hae-Na...

Hye-Joon bumps into his ex-girlfriend, Ji-Ah...

• Thanks 8

one of the many things i enjoy about this drama is the friendship. i want to see how they will handle the difficult challenges that will test their friendship.  looks like one challenge will be the "love triangle".  it seems that  it already happened in the past and Hae Hyo gave way and chose friendship. but this time, he wants to make a different choice.

Hae-Hyo-1.png

Hae-Hyo-2.png

Hae-Hyo-3.png

Chingus, how do you think Hye Jun will react when Hae Hyo pursues Jung Ha? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, hushhh said:

I have so many question for the Korean movie/TV industry.

Do you use stunt coordinators?

Do you use stunt doubles?

Are actors' allowed to improvise during a fight scene?  Surefire way to endanger actors. 

Are actors allowed to leave the set wearing their costumes. How can Hye-Jun seem so unconcerned about the suit getting soaking wet if it didn't belong to him?

Are we to assume that he had a jacket we hadn't seen in his bag.The continuity at the top of the episode seemed a little sketchy as if there was explanation missing.

Thought on where the obvious arrows point -->  

Kissing (becoming a couple) this early in the drama almost guarantee a break up along the way to HEA.

-brother gets scan

-grandpa becomes successful

*** Do you use stunt coordinators?

Do you use stunt doubles?

Are actors' allowed to improvise during a fight scene?  Surefire way to endanger actors.

- 101% Yes they  are using stunt coordinators and stunt doubles. As far as I remember gumtaek posted that here about practicing a fight scene in an open area (a Twitter post by Kim Dong Hyun,  the reliable staff of ROY). They are keeping everything in secure but sometimes accidents really happen.

So to connect with Hyejoon's character as SuYeong - that hitting is really needed although it got so strong. Park Do Ha is the main character so he needed to stand out but he didn't able to control the throwing and Hyejoon also untimely turned back so he got hit. But I believe  irl that PDs are allowing the actors to do in some point some of their stunts to make it believable like how Kwak Dong Hyun hit so hard the butt of Choi MinSik as per the sunbae's request to hit him very hard in the movie New World according to his story when he guested in MLOB and the day after MinSik's couldn't move good since his bottom parts were in pain and blue colors. :D

This person is a very good stunt coordinator and mostly his company provides training and security in dramas and movies. I got to know him in one of the episodes of 2D1N. 

***Are actors allowed to leave the set wearing their costumes. How can Hye-Jun seem so unconcerned about the suit getting soaking wet if it didn't belong to him? 

---What I know about this is there are sponsored clothes that an actor needs to return after they use and there are that they can use already. The company gives them. That is what stylist Han Hye Yoon said in one of her shows/interviews and what I also remember from Kim SoYeon of Esteem Ent in The Boss in the Mirror K Ent show. 

Spoiler

download.jpg

Since hyejoon isn't that big in the industry so he doesn't have sponsor yet. So all the clothes/outfits are owned by him that even it got soaked in the rain it's still okay. 

***Are we to assume that he had a jacket we hadn't seen in his bag.The continuity at the top of the episode seemed a little sketchy as if there was explanation missing.

--- I think he was wearing the casual suit, the one he used when he changed his soaking suit. I think at that sweet moment, for me at least even if I have a jacket in the bag since the adrenaline is running so fast I can never think of any clothes or the rain pouring on me. I only want to finish my confession if I were Hyejoon. So thinking of this and that in that particular heavenly moment is unnecessary for me and I think it is also for the writer. :sweat_smile:

***Kissing (becoming a couple) this early in the drama almost guarantee a break up along the way to HEA.

---  breaking up and getting back to each other are part of relationships, it's unreal if there is no situation like that. 

*-**-brother gets scam

-grandpa becomes successful

These two for sure is a 90% that will happen in the drama. The process of how these events will take place is what I'm so excited to see. Hyejoon's high and mighty hyung and appa's reactions after the scam and haraboji's success story I love to see the final laugh of haraboji just to let his son knows that he is also a productive person. 

What I'm wondering about here is why he isn't using undershirt?  When he got soaked with rain water his back shown. Do you think without the inner shirt the longsleeve is fitter. Lol!  I think it fits so good to him without the inner shirt. :D

55 minutes ago, Badette Aguilar said:

one of the many things i enjoy about this drama is the friendship. i want to see how they will handle the difficult challenges that will test their friendship.  looks like one challenge will be the "love triangle".  it seems that  it already happened in the past and Hae Hyo gave way and chose friendship. but this time, he wants to make a different choice.

Chingus, how do you think Hye Jun will react when Hae Hyo pursues Jung Ha? 

Ahhh,  I don't know also. He has been a loyal friend since grade school and so is Hyejoon. I don't like the idea that they will fight over a girl. A girl wc from the first episode till the current is only seeing hyejoon. :bawling:

And the fact that he said he chose friendship over love before is hinting us that he had also feelings to Ji-ah. He should see the facts that jeongha doesn't have an inch of feeling towards him. He is just a casual friend and a customer to JH. :D

3 hours ago, gumtaek said:
@touchthesky99, you changed your DP! Like!

Except from a review

I was wondering last week what makes this tandem so good. Now, I know one reason why. Their banters are gold. Watching them felt like I’m reading a good romance novel with witty banter and a backdrop filled with subtle romantic tensions. It’s hard to write these kinds of dialogues and it’s also much harder to pull off. But Bo-gum and So-dam are acting it out effortlessly. Their exchanges sounded so natural that a rain confession didn’t seem as cliché as it may sound."

We’re only in the third week but our upfront hero confessed already! When he realized that he was ready to get rained on with Jeong-ha (literally and figuratively), he confessed his feelings without any ado. And the suddenness of it, I think achieved what the ROY team has been aiming for in this part of the story – young love. It was impulsive, thrilling, and pure. Despite Jeong-ha wanting to be as rational as possible, she couldn’t stop herself from accepting Hye-jun’s confession. They settled their status in a simple conversation at Jeong-ha’s foyer. There weren’t fireworks nor candles and flowers but my heart threatened to pummel out of my chest when Hye-jun dropped the ‘D’ word. And again, I really think it’s because of how Bo-gum and So-dam make these simple scenarios as romantic as possible.

Wow!  What a good narrative. 

It's the place of the last scene with a piano. 

Baegut Hanul Park also used in the drama "When My Love Blooms"

IMG-20200923-173306.jpg

IMG-20200923-173314.jpg

cto

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello fellow ROY Eonnies and if there are Oppas. :kisslevel: I miss you all. 

I have a question here and also a fellow eonnie here asked about this time issue. Kindly help me, this really bothers me and I can't get enough sleep. Ahhh,  I really love this drama but this affects me so much that even into my sleep I'm thinking of what will happen to them. 

I kinda agree with her that  all events happened in the year 2018 since the year was shown in the drama but the narration's setting of Hyejoon is the current year 2020 or in the future? So it was two years ago or more. So there will be a time jump?  How about his career?  Their relationship that just started? 

What does this imply? 

IMG-20200923-183852.jpg

IMG-20200923-183853.jpg

What that "end up like this" mean?

Pls help!  I'm so stress. 

Spoiler

tenor.gif

Tagging you all. Pls forgive me if I forget some eonnies. 

@gumtaek @Jillia @MinLyn @Nodame @touchthesky99 @Sakurafairy @Badette Aguilar @pada (ㅋㅋㅋ) @BogumNoona 

@Yasemin Salturdóttir @autumnight @Sodamssi @Nur Nuri

@kehrite @ponderings @blue_izce8

@LanA @ck1Oz @hushhh @ainipang @kmsl @nat_phoenix88

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

This is my wild guess. In 2018.. hye ho?the 2nd lead narration was he let go his love because of friendship and now he will pursue the love. I thought he is mention hye joo ex girlfriend but if the naration is from the future.. perhaps those 3 will go separate ways amd reunite again in 2020. And in 2020 he will pursue jeong ha

Sorry i kinda lost their character names. Only remember Hyejun and jeong ha names

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Philippines 

This is the latest rank

IMG-20200923-203927.jpg

HongKong,  Malaysia,  and Philippines are No.1 and Nicaragua (a Latin country added to the list) . Wow,  Bangladesh is No. 3

Annyeong @Springmaiden. Sigh here. For your question,  just also a wild guess like with @ainipang .

Actually it's in my thinking that the narration of Hye Joon is happening in the present time. It is like foreshadowing what are the ups and downs the new couple will experience in the next months of 2018-2020.

Since hyejoon said that two dialogues I bet there would be more crying. So yeah,  I'm bracing up myself to the fact that the next episodes will be more of angst in thier relationship. I just don't like that jeongha will become haehyo's gf. It will be acceptable for me if she will go abroad and study makeup / brand designing / a crash course there. Hyejoon will also get successful in the Korea Ent industry and will undergo his military service  then they will see each other again as both successful persons in their own fields. Then they will realize they still love each other and continue their relationship and then they will live happily ever after. But before that we have to ready our box of tissues in the next episodes but I believe we will be in a happy mode also because hyejoon and minjae will soar high in the K Ent same with haraboji minki in his modeling career. 

So pls don't be stress. Smile. :heart3:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

안녕하세요 @Springmaiden ! (Although it is 9 pm in Istanbul hehe). So yes, I might be an eonnie, being older than 30 y-o :)

Actually, I guess the only "future narrator" is Hye-jun. I don't think Jeong-ha or Hae-hyo are the "future narrators" of the storyline but they are also the POV (point-of-view) characters of this drama. Hye-jun has spoken from the future when he said "At that time I didn't know we'd end up like this!"

In my opinion, this might be due to the military service. In Turkey, our military service for men is also obligatory but not like Korea; ours is not like "you have to do your military service before you are 28". For instance, men who pursue masters or PhD or things like that might postpone their service until 35 and also they can "pay" to  due their service for 30 days....... it's like, if you're from a rich family, you're lucky enough to do it for 30 days.

Long story short, our main character Hye-jun has to join the military soon, he will be 27, he should shine like a big star before joining the military and he really has a pressure on his shoulders to beat the others. He didn't want to do that before, to compete with others, he was only competing with himself but in the "entertainment" sector, it is not as simple as that. You have to deal, compete, beat the others. Just as Min-jae eonnie faced the ugly side of the sector... (I love her sincerity so much! - I also had to deal with men like these!)

So, as of episode 6, I think that only JH is speaking from the future but not the others yet. HH is just a rich kid (very sorry to say so but he is) who thinks that he can reach and get everything he wants. But no sir! Not this time! Even if you pursue our girl JH, her heart belongs to somebody else, from the beginning... And "choosing love over friendship"? Say what? Never do that... Nobody should ever be divided by this. I was... and both my friendship of 10 years and my relationship with my boyfriend ended last year. It sucks. Never, ever be in the middle. EVER.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Sakurafairy you're posting graphics heavy stats. Can you please hide it under spoilers? It slows pages loading when there are lots of graphics. Thanks.  

End up like this? It usually implies an opposite of the current situation. He is no longer friends with HH and broke up with JH. And since the drama title is "youth record- literal title " it implies changes.

I like this drama but I get that you need movement in a drama to get the ratings. He did mention he was enlisting in 10 days. No one can postpone an enlistment date in 10 days with such a huge military machine. So yeah if he finishes his 5 scenes in rhe movie and enlists it would sound about right?

Unless. And a big unless the big plot twist is that Jeong Ha is with HH when he coms out of the military. 

Its the morning. I popped by and now going to get going with my day until next Monday. I am blase as I am heading towards makjang land in another drama and a break up or enlistment are just ordinary events. Makjang is when a chaebol family employs a security team with flying drones to capture wayward heirs movements. Backstabing ex- boss. Breaking up a new love? Meh. Small peanuts sort of stuff. Lol. I am kidding.  I am just happy watching and the huge relief having subbed episodes coming out so early? Total winner for me.

• Like 5
  • Love 1