[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

I am not familiar with the ins and outs of the modelling industry but reading this article is like reading the the life of Sa Hye Jun...

Excerpt:

Stolen pay. Sexual harassment. Months without a paycheck. Outrageous fees and expenses that eat away at earnings. And no one to turn to for help.

Models allege that labor abuses like these run rampant in the modeling industry -- leaving many workers feeling more like indentured servants than the glamorous high fashion icons young girls around the world dream of becoming.

https://money.cnn.com/2016/05/04/news/runway-injustice-modeling/index.html

• Insightful 4

Since the drama made a strong stand against "sponsorship" through Sa Hye Jun's character, this article will help us gain insights on why SHJ was totally against it. It's not to be confused with "networking" or having good connections which comes handy in life...

Anonymous Insider Reveals Insidious Reality of Sponsorship in Entertainment World

Feb 13, 2016

by E. Kim

•  

Anonymous Insider Reveals Insidious Reality of Sponsorship in Entertainment World

Feb 13, 2016
by E. Kim

The upcoming episode of SBS program “We Want to Know” (officially called “The Its Know”) delves into the shocking but unfortunately more-common-than-you-think reality of sponsorship in the Korean entertainment industry.

Source Y, the CEO of a management agency, agrees under the promise of anonymity to speak up about a “Secret List” that he has given the writers of the show. The list allegedly contains the names of famous actresses and aspiring stars who are sponsored.

“I used to be an insider involved in these covert deals,” Y says. “There are quite a lot of names that people would be shocked to hear off of this list. Are you sure we can broadcast this?”

Offering proof in the way of audio recordings, photos, and other documents, Y shares about his firsthand experiences in sponsorship brokering.

In order to verify the legitimacy of the “Secret List” offered by Y, the writers contact a number of the women named on the list but to no avail. For the most part, the women deny comment.

However, the writers do manage to get in touch with one actress X who is willing to speak up. “[My sponsor] would ask me whether anyone has recognized me for my efforts to make it in the industry purely through acting and told me to give a little. He’d ask me why I’m so straight-edged,” she shares.

Actress X expresses her deep regret at falling for her sponsor’s sly proposal. “Even now I would like to put a stop to all these dangerous deals,” she says.

X also provides the program a lead to a broker who connects aspiring female stars with sponsors. The writers tracks broker B down, but during the exchange, B says that he in fact is the one that feels aggrieved.

“I feel aggrieved in multiple ways. I have never even once contacted a female star first [about getting a sponsor]. Rather, they contact me, saying that they’re out of money and requesting that I introduce them to someone,” broker B shares.

“We Want to Know” also opened the floor on SNS for others involved in the sponsorship scene to share their experiences. There was a flood of reports, from minors aspiring to become celebrities to sponsors themselves.

“I went to an audition, and they asked me [whether I had a sponsor]. They said that if I gave my body to a sponsor, I could become a star,” aspiring actress F reports.

“Whenever my [sponsor] wants me, I must run over to him. Whether it’s night or day, if he calls I have to go no matter what. And I have to fulfill his demand, no matter what it may be,” shares aspiring singer J.

• Insightful 6

I really love the show so far. A nice slice of life drama and PBG and PSD are great together.

I know that the friendship with Hae Hyo and Hye Jun will crumble once Hye Jun becomes successful and Hae Hyo realizes that his 'success' was because of his mother and not his own work. 

I really like that Hye Jun is so nice and keeps his boundaries and ethics no matter what. The 'sponsor' situation was horrible and shows how some actors and models will get themselves into a situation with a predator because they feel that's what they have to do to get their career going. 

Can't wait to see where we go from here.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Translation as follows :-

Caption : Park Bo-Gum under the attack of the Godfather of fashion design...

Caption : Assertive Park Bo-Gum kicking him out...looking really cool!

Bo-Gum : "No way! Don't force me to hit you!"

In the background...showing the famous Shaolin 18 movements....

Caption : Park Bo-Gum's drama before his enlistment, "Record of Youth". Portraying the role of a popular runway model. 

A chinese song is played in the background and the lyrics goes, "I'm a gorgeous-looking guy!"..."I'm second to none!"...

Caption : Bo-Gum wants to crossover to acting from modelling but is going through a really wretched time".

"The only way out is to join the military!"

Caption : Hmph!! Hae-Hyo's personality is all fake!!

Caption : The truth is he has the backing of his affluent mother!

Caption : Our Bo-Gum does not have such a strong sponsor! But only one super obsessive fan in fashion designer Jung!

Caption : Crush on you! (implying Jung's crush on Hye-Joon)

Caption : Hye-Joon's aloofness and coldness is killing him!

Caption : The reason is because Godfather of fashion design tried to lay hands on him before!

Caption (referring to Jung staring hard at Hye-Joon) : His own wishful thinking...

Caption : Bo-Gum! Quickly flee!!

Caption (referring to Designer Jung): Insipid!!

Jung : I'm losing control of myself!!

"Let go of that boy!" (implying Hye-Joon)

Caption : He (Jung) is still not giving up!!

Caption : Godfather of fashion design has had his eyes on Hye-Joon for 5 years but still can't capture his heart!

Caption : He (Jung) still dares to aggravate Bo-Gum!

Hye-Joon's line in the drama of his conversation with Jung...

Hye-Joon : I'm not confident about having dinner with you...

Translates to : Who knows whether you want to eat dinner or devour me instead?!

Caption : You! This pervert!!! (referring to Jung)

Just shut your mouth! (implying Jung)

P.S. Hehe... @Sakurafairy! Here you have it! :gangnamstyle:

There are a few Taiwanese dialect words for which I'm not too familiar with so I had to do a google search for the nuances of the dialect. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Thank you for the warm welcome to the thread.  

I am watching this drama together with my husband. Loving the positive vibe of the drama so far.  Even the stores/establishments  in the neighborhood are  so nicely. named and supports the positive theme.  There is "Happiness Day by Day" in Episode 1 and "Joy from Day to Day" in Episode 2. (I wanted to put the snapshots here but i can't find the button to attach, How are pictures attached to the post? Thank you.)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Watch: “Record Of Youth” Cast Shows Great Teamwork + Kim Hye Yoon Talks About Her Cameo

Soompi Article :

Watch: “Record Of Youth” Cast Shows Great Teamwork + Kim Hye Yoon Talks About Her Cameo

TV/FILM

Sep 11, 2020

by L. Kim

tvN’s “Record of Youth” has released a new behind-the-scenes video!

The clip begins with Park Bo Gum and Park So Dam greeting the camera. Park So Dam admits she’s a big fan of him, and he asks, “Since when?” Park So Dam replies, “Since I was born,” making his jaw drop in surprise.

park-bo-gum-park-so-dam.jpg

The video shares a glimpse of Kim Hye Yoon filming her cameo appearance as a character named Lee Bo Ra. The actress shared, “I only filmed for a brief moment, but everyone took good care of me, so I was able to film comfortably. I’m so honored to even be a small part of such a great drama, and I think this will remain as a good memory for me.”

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon.jpg

Park Bo Gum also shows great chemistry with Kim Gun Woo, who plays arrogant star actor Park Do Ha. Kim Gun Woo makes sure Park Bo Gum’s leg guard is safely secure before kicking him. Once the director calls “cut,” the two actors hug each other tightly with big smiles on their faces.

Spoiler

kim-gun-woo-park-bo-gum.jpg

Park Bo Gum, Byun Woo Seok, and Kwon Soo Hyun, who play best friends in the drama, continue to hang out even off camera. Park Bo Gum shares they weren’t close in the beginning, and Kwon Soo Hyun jokes, “We were forced to get close. We didn’t have a choice.” They reveal they would eat and practice together every day. Kwon Soo Hyuk commented, “And now we ended up like this,” making his co-stars burst into laughter. Park Bo Gum adds, “We’re really close now.”

kwon-soo-hyuk-byun-woo-seok-park-bo-gum.jpg

Watch the full behind-the-scenes video below!

Spoiler

“Record of Youth” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9 p.m. KST.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Spoiler
8 hours ago, gumtaek said:

I am not familiar with the ins and outs of the modelling industry but reading this article is like reading the the life of Sa Hye Jun...

Excerpt:

Stolen pay. Sexual harassment. Months without a paycheck. Outrageous fees and expenses that eat away at earnings. And no one to turn to for help.

Models allege that labor abuses like these run rampant in the modeling industry -- leaving many workers feeling more like indentured servants than the glamorous high fashion icons young girls around the world dream of becoming.

https://money.cnn.com/2016/05/04/news/runway-injustice-modeling/index.html

I'm shocked,aspiring actors and models sometimes experience a very difficult reality. 

I like the delicacy with which this drama has denounced this serious social phenomenon. 

And I like so much Record Of Youth and the Bo Gum acting.I was also pleasantly surprised by the good chemistry with his costar.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Hi @Badette Aguilar

I notice that too about the signs of their shops that had positive phrases. It's as if they are giving support and encouragement for Hye Joon. This drama really has some interesting details.

As for posting pictures or Twitter feeds, I believe it is done by attaching the URLs on the icon on the top of the message box. The second icon that looks like a chain. (Sorry I'm no techie.) We have to upload the photos to a hosting site first in order to get the url. Hope that helps.

Someone made this instrumental version of one of the songs in the drama. I can’t wait for the release of this OST. 

Edited by touchthesky99
Added song clip.
  • Love 2

Thank you @touchthesky99 for the tip. I am not a techie as well and this is my first time to join a discussion thread (in support of Bo Gum) . 

My husband told me that he cried with Hye Jun and his grandpa during their very touching moment in Ep 2.  After watching 2 episodes, he said he is now a fan of Hye Jun. 

This drama is so heart warming even at this early stage.  So far,  i like the following about the drama :

1. the acting of the cast (not just the leads, but the support as well)

Park Bo Gums's acting is incredible.  the way he changes facial expression from one to another in a single scene is amazing.  i think he was called the "king of micro expressions" because of this ability.  Park So Dam's acting of her character is also on point and so natural.

2. the friendship between the 3 guys.

I am looking forward to how they will handle the bigger and more difficult friendship challenges  they will face

3. the relationship between Hye Jun and Grandpa

Hye Jun's love and support for Grandpa is so admirable. looks like they have a common situation which made them even drawn to one another. i want to know what happened to Grandpa in the coming episodes which made his life like that

4. the conversations between Hye Jun and Jung Ha

the conversations they had so far are real, honest and enjoyable.  even when Jung Ha lied, which I did not appreciate at first, now I know that it's better that way so that they can be comfortable with one another. 

5. the story 

it's about rising up and not letting the circumstances and the people around you dictate who you are.  i am also glad that they are approaching the main theme in a positive way (so far). i prefer dramas where you learn from the positive things (DO's) that the drama is telling you  rather than learning from the negatives (DON'T).

my post is taking so long, sorry. would like to say "Great job!" for everyone here who are really making this thread enjoyable, fun and informative. God bless us all.

looking forward to the coming episodes!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Spoiler
On 9/10/2020 at 7:20 PM, MinLyn said:

Hi @Sakurafairy! Yeah, I'll give it a try to translate the gist of the video clip! Though my chinese isn't that fantastic either! Have to go take my dinner now. Will post the translation later. 

Thanks a lot @MinLyn. You are one reliable chingu. :wub:

Spoiler
On 9/10/2020 at 9:39 PM, gumtaek said:

Since the drama made a strong stand against "sponsorship" through Sa Hye Jun's character, this article will help us gain insights on why SHJ was totally against it. It's not to be confused with "networking" or having good connections which comes handy in life...

Feb 13, 2016

by E. Kim

•  

Feb 13, 2016
by E. Kim

The upcoming episode of SBS program “We Want to Know” (officially called “The Its Know”) delves into the shocking but unfortunately more-common-than-you-think reality of sponsorship in the Korean entertainment industry.

Source Y, the CEO of a management agency, agrees under the promise of anonymity to speak up about a “Secret List” that he has given the writers of the show. The list allegedly contains the names of famous actresses and aspiring stars who are sponsored.

“I used to be an insider involved in these covert deals,” Y says. “There are quite a lot of names that people would be shocked to hear off of this list. Are you sure we can broadcast this?”

Offering proof in the way of audio recordings, photos, and other documents, Y shares about his firsthand experiences in sponsorship brokering.

In order to verify the legitimacy of the “Secret List” offered by Y, the writers contact a number of the women named on the list but to no avail. For the most part, the women deny comment.

However, the writers do manage to get in touch with one actress X who is willing to speak up. “[My sponsor] would ask me whether anyone has recognized me for my efforts to make it in the industry purely through acting and told me to give a little. He’d ask me why I’m so straight-edged,” she shares.

Actress X expresses her deep regret at falling for her sponsor’s sly proposal. “Even now I would like to put a stop to all these dangerous deals,” she says.

X also provides the program a lead to a broker who connects aspiring female stars with sponsors. The writers tracks broker B down, but during the exchange, B says that he in fact is the one that feels aggrieved.

“I feel aggrieved in multiple ways. I have never even once contacted a female star first [about getting a sponsor]. Rather, they contact me, saying that they’re out of money and requesting that I introduce them to someone,” broker B shares.

“We Want to Know” also opened the floor on SNS for others involved in the sponsorship scene to share their experiences. There was a flood of reports, from minors aspiring to become celebrities to sponsors themselves.

“I went to an audition, and they asked me [whether I had a sponsor]. They said that if I gave my body to a sponsor, I could become a star,” aspiring actress F reports.

“Whenever my [sponsor] wants me, I must run over to him. Whether it’s night or day, if he calls I have to go no matter what. And I have to fulfill his demand, no matter what it may be,” shares aspiring singer J.

@gumtaek and to all ROY chingudeul. This issue in the celebrity and modeling  world is more likely true. That's one bad side of of the glitters we are seeing in them. I commend ROY for tackling issue like this but it will itch the part of the industry that's doing this.

:saitama:

Spoiler
On 9/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, Badette Aguilar said:

Thank you for the warm welcome to the thread.  

I am watching this drama together with my husband. Loving the positive vibe of the drama so far.  Even the stores/establishments  in the neighborhood are  so nicely. named and supports the positive theme.  There is "Happiness Day by Day" in Episode 1 and "Joy from Day to Day" in Episode 2. (I wanted to put the snapshots here but i can't find the button to attach, How are pictures attached to the post? Thank you.)

On 9/11/2020 at 9:22 AM, touchthesky99 said:

Hi @Badette Aguilar

I notice that too about the signs of their shops that had positive phrases. It's as if they are giving support and encouragement for Hye Joon. This drama really has some interesting details.

As for posting pictures or Twitter feeds, I believe it is done by attaching the URLs on the icon on the top of the message box. The second icon that looks like a chain. (Sorry I'm no techie.) We have to upload the photos to a hosting site first in order to get the url. Hope that helps.

Someone made this instrumental version of one of the songs in the drama. I can’t wait for the release of this OST. 

Chingu,  don't have any idea about these signs. I just noticed the MLK grafitti. I'll watch again. 

Spoiler
20 hours ago, Badette Aguilar said:

Thank you @touchthesky99 for the tip. I am not a techie as well and this is my first time to join a discussion thread (in support of Bo Gum) . 

My husband told me that he cried with Hye Jun and his grandpa during their very touching moment in Ep 2.  After watching 2 episodes, he said he is now a fan of Hye Jun. 

This drama is so heart warming even at this early stage.  So far,  i like the following about the drama :

1. the acting of the cast (not just the leads, but the support as well)

Park Bo Gums's acting is incredible.  the way he changes facial expression from one to another in a single scene is amazing.  i think he was called the "king of micro expressions" because of this ability.  Park So Dam's acting of her character is also on point and so natural.

2. the friendship between the 3 guys.

I am looking forward to how they will handle the bigger and more difficult friendship challenges  they will face

3. the relationship between Hye Jun and Grandpa

Hye Jun's love and support for Grandpa is so admirable. looks like they have a common situation which made them even drawn to one another. i want to know what happened to Grandpa in the coming episodes which made his life like that

4. the conversations between Hye Jun and Jung Ha

the conversations they had so far are real, honest and enjoyable.  even when Jung Ha lied, which I did not appreciate at first, now I know that it's better that way so that they can be comfortable with one another. 

5. the story 

it's about rising up and not letting the circumstances and the people around you dictate who you are.  i am also glad that they are approaching the main theme in a positive way (so far). i prefer dramas where you learn from the positive things (DO's) that the drama is telling you  rather than learning from the negatives (DON'T).

my post is taking so long, sorry. would like to say "Great job!" for everyone here who are really making this thread enjoyable, fun and informative. God bless us all.

looking forward to the coming episodes!

@Badette Aguilarit's very sweet of your husband to watch it together with you. If a man cries, it means the drama he is watching is really heartwarming or heartbreaking. 

We love to read insights here so no need to worry because we are welcoming even longer opinions. 

As for uploading pics you can go to that site. 

Spoiler

https://postimages.org/

1.choose images from your file

2.check wc pics or gifs then upload 

3. Press direct link, link will be copied

4.then paste it here. 

Welcome to ROY thread @magrace93

• Like 2
  • Love 1