[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

Scenes of Jeong-ha & Hye-jun...

Spoiler

Charlie Jung has sent a text message to Hye-Jun before he committed suicide...Min-Jae wants Hye-Jun to take screenshots of the text message and send them to her so that she can get them published in an article...Hye-jun disagrees and says that he wants to protect Charlie Jung's reputation so that people wouldn't know that he is a gay...but Min-Jae thinks otherwise and tells Hye-jun that even though Charlie Jung is a gay, it wouldn't tarnish his reputation in any way...

Hye-jun tells Min-jae that they should look into other alternatives to clear the scandals at hand...

Min-jae asks Hye-jun why should they do this when there is a  much easier way out for them that is to release the text message which Charlie Jung has sent to Hye-Jun. Then the latter replies it's because he is a person...and not a business deal they are talking about...

Hye-jun goes to see Jeong-ha at her place and he starts holding her hand. Jeong-ha gets worries and tells Hye-joon what if someone were to see them holding hands so what will they think...Hye-jun then replies that let them be...

Jeong-ha asks Hye-jun when did he become so bold so the latter replies that he always has been like that and didn't she know...

Jeong-ha then smiles brightly and says yes, she does...

He wants to lean in to place his forehead against hers in but his cap accidentally hits her forehead...

Hye-jun asks Jeong-ha why is it she didn't mention a word to him about the fact that she knows a reporter knows that they are dating...

Hye-jun asks Jeong-ha is that why she has mentioned about the paparazzi to him earlier because of this...

Jeong-ha then replies yes and adds that she is also afraid that Hye-jun would want to go public about their relationship so that is why she didn't say a word about it...

Hye-jun then asks Jeong-ha how come she is not upset nor angry with him when he is not around...

Jeong-ha replies that she doesn't want to be like her parents...so why would she want to date someone lest of all live with someone so that you can be angry with the person all the time...

Hye-jun then shares that his family always get mad and angry with one another all the time...

Hye-jun then adds that maybe Jeong-ha is fearful of getting into conflicts with another person...

Jeong-ha then teases Hye-jun and asks him if he is getting back at her for what she has said earlier about him resembling their fathers...

Hye-jun then smiles at her and says that conflicts aren't really as bad as Jeong-ha may think they are as through conflicts, they allow us to better understand one another.

Jeong-ha then points out that that would be the ideal case cos it is also likely that they can end up disliking or hating each other...

Hye-jun assures her that even if they were to argue with each other, this will not cause them to end up hating each other because he loves her...

Seeing Jeong-ha smiling, Hye-jun then remarks that she seems to be touched by his words...

Jeong-ha then tells Hye-jun that he seems to think in an old-fashioned way that he seems to think that Jeong-ha is one person whom he needs to take care of and to protect...

Hye-jun then jests that Jeong-ha sure knows how to ruin this (romantic and touching) moment for them...

Jeong-ha then tells Hye-jun that he should go home and get some rest so the latter asks her if she is feeling tired...

Jeong-ha then tells Hye-jun that she needs to prepare for her work tomorrow as she has an appointment with a customer at 7 am. She tells Hye-jun that she is meeting the actress, Lee Hae-ji tomorrow and she was introduced to her by Hae-hyo...

Jeong-ha says that she is have a longer list of clientele on her list right now...

Hye-jun then remarks that he will also put his name down for her next appointment slot...and asks if there is an available slot for him so the latter readily agrees there is...

Jeong-ha then asks Hye-jun if there is something troubling Hae-hyo...Hye-jun replies simply that he doesn't know too...

Hye-jun drops by at Jeong-shop studio to get his make-up done. He remarks that the plant he has given her is growing well. Jeong-ha then shares that she always makes it a point to water the plant even when she can't find the time to eat her meals...

She looks at Hye-jun's face and remarks that it looks a little puffy so she will use something that will help the puffiness to subside...

Hye-jun then remarks that she is good at her job and the latter also agrees to his words...

Jeong-ha's voiceover saying what she loves the most is being about to talk about these daily things...

Jepng-ha asks Hye-jun if he is planning to sue to people who have posted the articles about the scandals revolving around him and Charlie Jung so Hye-jun assures her that Min-jae will take care of all these matters...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hmm.. Even tho that kind of situation was not really unexpected for me, but I was still quite shocked by how JH said it. Because she said "I love you. Let's break up." And not "Do you think it's better if we break up?" Then it feels like she was not really hesitated. As if she was sure that this is the best option. I don't know how to feel about this.

And it also made me feel like I'm missing something. Because I thought, both HJ and even JH herself were ready if they're forced to announce their relationship to public. If I'm not mistaken, when the news about Charlie Jung commited suicide revealed for the first time, and HJ was suspected to be his boyfriend, the manager unnie MJ asked JH about the possibility to reveal their relationship to public, and that time, JH agreed to that idea, saying "I'll do anything if it can help HJ."

So why does it seems like she had a change of mind now?

Well, we don't know what the reporter said to JH yet, anyway. And those words about breach of contract made by HJ was kinda weird, too. I don't think this kind of scandal is big enough to be considered breach of contract and for HJ to pay a penalty because of that. 

I guess we'll have to wait for next episode for a clear explanation. It's only 2 episodes left. A lot of stuff are still confusing right now, but I still believe they can wrap this up with a happy ending. Even tho I'm not sure for HH's case, at this point

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

Why were those brand suing him for breach of contract? Is it because of his relationship with someone? I really don’t understand why entertainment industry has that kind of perception that having a intimate relationship with someone can make your career miserable? Why? What’s the point? :expressionless:

I am wondering if the breach of contract thing is a much later part where he eventually quit acting altogether, to save what is really more important, the people he love. What I find really confusing about this drama is the jumping back and forth and withholding a lot of information to create that suspense. Did I miss something out but don't remember the "I will not be your emotional outlet" phrase said in ep.14 but was played in the preview. 

It is a sad life to be a celebrity when your private life 'belongs' to the public and you are punished for doing things normal people do. So many korean actors/actress marry much later in life or do not at all and I wonder if the celebrity culture has an impact on that. (It seems opposite in the western world though)

15 minutes ago, Reiz said:

Hmm.. Even tho that kind of situation was not really unexpected for me, but I was still quite shocked by how JH said it. Because she said "I love you. Let's break up." And not "Do you think it's better if we break up?" Then it feels like she was not really hesitated. As if she was sure that this is the best option. I don't know how to feel about this.

And it also made me feel like I'm missing something. Because I thought, both HJ and even JH herself were ready if they're forced to announce their relationship to public. If I'm not mistaken, when the news about Charlie Jung commited suicide revealed for the first time, and HJ was suspected to be his boyfriend, the manager unnie MJ asked JH about the possibility to reveal their relationship to public, and that time, JH agreed to that idea, saying "I'll do anything if it can help HJ."

So why does it seems like she had a change of mind now?

Well, we don't know what the reporter said to JH yet, anyway. And those words about breach of contract made by HJ was kinda weird, too. I don't think this kind of scandal is big enough to be considered breach of contract and for HJ to pay a penalty because of that. 

I guess we'll have to wait for next episode for a clear explanation. It's only 2 episodes left. A lot of stuff are still confusing right now, but I still believe they can wrap this up with a happy ending. Even tho I'm not sure for HH's case, at this point

I believe MJ has a part in making JH change her mind. Maybe the revelation of their r/s might cause something worse and MJ convinced her so? 
JH saying "I love you. Let's break up." is like a self-sacrificing statement. She has made up her mind that breaking up is the better thing to do, and a way that she can give love to HJ, as a contrast to always 'receiving love' that she felt bad about. Sometimes we find these characters who think that their sacrifice is a way to love when it actually hurts the other party more, like in this case for HJ. 

If she has asked him "Do you think it's better if we break up?" it would have opened a conversation to help her hear him out. I guess she didn't because she would know that HJ would convince her out of it, and the severity of the situation means she cannot be swayed about this decision. HJ is like the voice of a sage....so much wisdom...still he can't escape the problems in life. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, skyenugget said:

I am wondering if the breach of contract thing is a much later part where he eventually quit acting altogether, to save what is really more important, the people he love. What I find really confusing about this drama is the jumping back and forth and withholding a lot of information to create that suspense. Did I miss something out but don't remember the "I will not be your emotional outlet" phrase said in ep.14 but was played in the preview. 

It is a sad life to be a celebrity when your private life 'belongs' to the public and you are punished for doing things normal people do. So many korean actors/actress marry much later in life or do not at all and I wonder if the celebrity culture has an impact on that. (It seems opposite in the western world though)

What you said is very possible, but it will be really sad if HJ quit acting altogether as the ending / conclusion of this drama. And I bet JH will always feel guilty if he does that. I'm not sure if it will end up in a healthy relationship. 

Maybe, in reality, korean young celebrity couples often followed JH's way. I mean, breaking up for a while, maybe even couple of years, and then come back together again when they're ready for marriage. If they still love each other at that time. But then we need a second season for the drama, lol.

I wish there's something that can turn the situation so that we can have a happy ending with just 2 episodes left. Maybe like a support from HJ's fanbase for his relationship with JH? Which might enable him to date JH publicly without quitting as an actor

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

Can’t you see JH cut ties with HJ becoz of the RickRoll'D reporter? The reporter was so desperate to get revenge on SHJ becoz jjampong entertainment is suing her. She let go of him becoz she loves him very much and doesn’t want HJ to suffer more. Why can’t you see that? Even if HH always chasing after JH their topic was always about SA HYEJUN. My heart hurts becoz they both love each other. They both don’t deserve what’s happening in their love relationship. :bawling:

Is this legal? Doesn't the press in Korea have a duty to uphold the truth, get proper sources, like what that reporter is doing is coercion, intimidation and bold-faced lying. Don't they have to get proper sources? Not to mention, her getting a tip from a former agent [LTS], knowing that the story was likely false and now her paying JH a visit to threaten her, albeit passively. What is the law firm doing?

• Like 4

I think suing or the breach of contract might come to play because the news outlet/reporter made it look like as if Hyejun is involved with Charlie Jung's suicide. Since he was the last person he texted and called. 

It's not a simple dating case but suicide. 

But what the police said, the case is closed there's nothing else he's been cleared and it doesn't make sense too. 

I haven't watch the episode yet though so correct me if I'm wrong haha. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MinLyn said:
Scenes of Jeong-ha & Hye-jun...

Hide contents

Charlie Jung has sent a text message to Hye-Jun before he committed suicide...Min-Jae wants Hye-Jun to take screenshots of the text message and send them to her so that she can get them published in an article...Hye-jun disagrees and says that he wants to protect Charlie Jung's reputation so that people wouldn't know that he is a gay...but Min-Jae thinks otherwise and tells Hye-jun that even though Charlie Jung is a gay, it wouldn't tarnish his reputation in any way...

Hye-jun tells Min-jae that they should look into other alternatives to clear the scandals at hand...

Min-jae asks Hye-jun why should they do this when there is a  much easier way out for them that is to release the text message which Charlie Jung has sent to Hye-Jun. Then the latter replies it's because he is a person...and not a business deal they are talking about...

Hye-jun goes to see Jeong-ha at her place and he starts holding her hand. Jeong-ha gets worries and tells Hye-joon what if someone were to see them holding hands so what will they think...Hye-jun then replies that let them be...

Jeong-ha asks Hye-jun when did he become so bold so the latter replies that he always has been like that and didn't she know...

Jeong-ha then smiles brightly and says yes, she does...

He wants to lean in to place his forehead against hers in but his cap accidentally hits her forehead...

Hye-jun asks Jeong-ha why is it she didn't mention a word to him about the fact that she knows a reporter knows that they are dating...

Hye-jun asks Jeong-ha is that why she has mentioned about the paparazzi to him earlier because of this...

Jeong-ha then replies yes and adds that she is also afraid that Hye-jun would want to go public about their relationship so that is why she didn't say a word about it...

Hye-jun then asks Jeong-ha how come she is not upset nor angry with him when he is not around...

Jeong-ha replies that she doesn't want to be like her parents...so why would she want to date someone lest of all live with someone so that you can be angry with the person all the time...

Hye-jun then shares that his family always get mad and angry with one another all the time...

Hye-jun then adds that maybe Jeong-ha is fearful of getting into conflicts with another person...

Jeong-ha then teases Hye-jun and asks him if he is getting back at her for what she has said earlier about him resembling their fathers...

Hye-jun then smiles at her and says that conflicts aren't really as bad as Jeong-ha may think they are as through conflicts, they allow us to better understand one another.

Jeong-ha then points out that that would be the ideal case cos it is also likely that they can end up disliking or hating each other...

Hye-jun assures her that even if they were to argue with each other, this will not cause them to end up hating each other because he loves her...

Seeing Jeong-ha smiling, Hye-jun then remarks that she seems to be touched by his words...

Jeong-ha then tells Hye-jun that he seems to think in an old-fashioned way that he seems to think that Jeong-ha is one person whom he needs to take care of and to protect...

Hye-jun then jests that Jeong-ha sure knows how to ruin this (romantic and touching) moment for them...

Jeong-ha then tells Hye-jun that he should go home and get some rest so the latter asks her if she is feeling tired...

Jeong-ha then tells Hye-jun that she needs to prepare for her work tomorrow as she has an appointment with a customer at 7 am. She tells Hye-jun that she is meeting the actress, Lee Hae-ji tomorrow and she was introduced to her by Hae-hyo...

Jeong-ha says that she is have a longer list of clientele on her list right now...

Hye-jun then remarks that he will also put his name down for her next appointment slot...and asks if there is an available slot for him so the latter readily agrees there is...

Jeong-ha then asks Hye-jun if there is something troubling Hae-hyo...Hye-jun replies simply that he doesn't know too...

Hye-jun drops by at Jeong-shop studio to get his make-up done. He remarks that the plant he has given her is growing well. Jeong-ha then shares that she always makes it a point to water the plant even when she can't find the time to eat her meals...

She looks at Hye-jun's face and remarks that it looks a little puffy so she will use something that will help the puffiness to subside...

Hye-jun then remarks that she is good at her job and the latter also agrees to his words...

Jeong-ha's voiceover saying what she loves the most is being about to talk about these daily things...

Jepng-ha asks Hye-jun if he is planning to sue to people who have posted the articles about the scandals revolving around him and Charlie Jung so Hye-jun assures her that Min-jae will take care of all these matters...

Now, I understand why PBG chose to act in this drama even though it has been rejected by other actor before.

This drama is so realistic and full of wisdom that he's probably trying to convey to his fans. Here's one of the wisdom gem from just one discussion above:

- Jeong Ha's family had a lot of conflicts and the parents chose to walk away from each other...

- Hye Jun's family had a lot of conflicts but they choose to hang on together...

I think given PBG's personality, this drama probably won't end with sad ending....I'm not sure whether JH and HJ will stick together but I think they will probably end the drama with some of kind of hopeful message...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

I can’t believe I am saying this, after watching episode 14 again, I think JH’s decision to break up is really necessary for them not becoz it’s getting hard for her but becoz the reality is hitting  HJ’s career harder than it’s affecting their relationship. They need to grow apart from each other in order to understand everything that happening around them. There  relationship is still beautiful but people who are surrounding them put a lot of pressure into them. I understand HJ and JH’s difference POV in public dating. I feel really bad for them because they’re both madly in love with each other but bad situation always come their way. The scene where HJ is happy getting ready to go on a date with JH while she waits for him but instead the RickRoll'D reporter coming in and presenting her disgusting attitude in front of JH. ARRRGGHH. I HATE The reporter! Maybe they never see each other for a couple of days or a week becoz HJ said why is it hard to see her. Maybe she did some thinking about the reporter said to her and decided to break up with him even though she doesn’t want to do it. :expressionless:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, jigah said:

Now, I understand why PBG chose to act in this drama even though it has been rejected by other actor before.

This drama is so realistic and full of wisdom that he's probably trying to convey to his fans. Here's one of the wisdom gem from just one discussion above:

- Jeong Ha's family had a lot of conflicts and the parents chose to walk away from each other...

- Hye Jun's family had a lot of conflicts but they choose to hang on together...

I think given PBG's personality, this drama probably won't end with sad ending....I'm not sure whether JH and HJ will stick together but I think they will probably end the drama with some of kind of hopeful message...

I just want to clarify the rumour that this project was offered to another actor and rejected. The truth is the very actor xxx was offered 2nd male lead role (HH) and he didn’t accepted. His agency published a rather vague news hehe. It was stated in the CJ company’s financial form, when the project was initiated, Actor list as park Bogum, xxx and park so dam. 

The writer has also said that this project was written for BOGUM.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

This drama is just simply awesome for its realistic approach in all aspects (be it romance, career or family)!

Except - that reporter meddling and popping out everywhere, simply everything is bearable !

And Record of Youth made it into a spectacular yet rare list of kdrama with no usual kdrama cliches and cringe worthy cheesy lines - I simply love it for that ! 

But since ep 8 

Though i hate cliches 

Le me waiting for a kiss scene from our couple :

tenor.gif?itemid=13052487

It’s as if m waiting for decades 

And out of all - the “expected twist” 

THEY BROKE UP !

But le me who is still waiting for a kiss scene btwn them !

tenor.gif?itemid=6030436

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I am madly in love with HJ, seeing him cry like that was heartbreaking (but how good is Bo Gum's acting?), I hated everyone who hurt him including HH and JH, but I have to admit that in the last few episodes JH's character was  a little neglected by the writer, at first she was a sweet and naive girl, now she looks like a cold calculator, who has secrets with her Boyfriend, who says she loves him, but treats him hard (while with HH she seems relaxed and happy).  The only time she has returned to herself is during the walk.  I can't even appreciate her dialogues, I wonder if Park So Dam's skill could not have been exploited otherwise. What I would like in the last two episodes is more attention to her character, a return of passion between JH and HJ and finally a little sincerity from HH.  Besides of course HJ's rebellion.

Edited by frances
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1