[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

27 minutes ago, Songbae said:

This isn't my first time watching her shows and i shipped the emperor ( I like SSR) and the empress. The writer can make the show interesting without killing people and bringing them back to life. 

Perhaps it's just writernim's technique  (hobby). It reminds me of GoT where innocent and good people died like flies. But at least Kim Soon Ok is kind enough to not give some of her characters a permanent death.
BUT i just can't believe that writernim just threw Jenni under the bus and now she's Rona's bullier while SK will protect the Rona, like wtfffff :sweating:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

This episode felt, weird.

Idk if I'm satisfied or salty with the ending. I mean, I feel like JDT is going to return (considering how he impost himself as an old man) and I'm not really worried about LL. So OYH was sentenced for 3 years, if it turns out that she wasn't the killer, I'd go insane. 

KSO is needs to stop these revival "twists". I'm having trust issues now. Considering how everyone is included in the cast list, could season 3 take place in 3 years later, with CSJ and JDT escaping from prison? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, Songbae said:

The last empress only had one fake death and that was the male lead. I prefer the twists in the last empress to this. 

OT

Spoiler

Last empress many viewers thought is the male lead which is Choi Jin-Hyuk's role that the writer fake death because most viewer doesn't bother small role. I think I mistook one of the "fake death" (I thought the late queen's father is dead but he didn't die) But i know the Empress Dowager kept Min Yoo-ra's boyfriend & told the world/most of the people who know about him think he is died  but actually he didn't die  but capture & locked in a mental hospital for years. 

11 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

SO YH never jumped off the bridge she went voluntarily to the police. But why did she dissapear so fast they made it seemed like she jumped lol

That is how Kdrama chose to give viewers a cliffhanger. if not how to spice the viewers' imagination & make them watch the next episode. Just like yesterday 's last ep. they making viewers to now decide whether Logan is alive or dead. So they will watch for S3.

11 hours ago, kboramint said:

I don't think that is Logan's brother. It seemed they met on the airplane. 

Actually did the writer even mentioned Logan has a brother?? I don't know how some fans come out think is his brother because if Logan has a brother where to his parents bother to adopt MSA for bone marrow, unless direct relative can't do the bone marrow operation? Weird I watched another drama with similar illness , the doctor asked the parent to give birth another child in order to save the sick child.  

8 hours ago, kboramint said:

I don't think so. Someone sent him a newspaper with circled words that say  "Logan Lee", "Out" and "D-Day" 

I don't know but most viewers in SK already take it as JDT because his voice after looking at lee ji ah 's deleted IG vid.

About the newspaper, the writer didn't clear tell when JDT got the newspaper & the the day Logan came back & they bombed him. Yes the newspaper gave out the clue that but what JDT got that newspaper say" Logan Lee" "Out" " D-Day" "9" . You missed out the "9" it can means countdown for 9 days or the date 9th or it can mean the time they will activate the plan or the day Logan come back to SK. Then, the writer jumped to the scene Jenny's father come out & Secretary Jo meet him. Hence, we can confirm to say JDT got the newspaper is the day they plant the bomb, nothing is clear yet, as we don't even know how many days pass or time pass. No one can tell. I'm not saying the old man is definitely is JDT. but to me, like in my previous posts, I said never once saw a hired man turn around to say good bye to the target because they don't have to & they are not related to the target/don't have any issue with the target , if the bomb is planted by the guy Logan come together with, he also left , he don't even bother to make sure to see the bomb activate it & he only turned back is not to see Logan but at his briefcase (maybe to make sure it didn't topple) but I still believe the bomb is from the cart pushed by the old man which I going to believe is JDT.  I only ever watched those where before the bomb exploded , the man turned around & smirk at the target is usually the one who want to bomb/kill the target but those I watched is usually not K-dramas

4 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

@luvjkpop 07

@Songbae

KSO's shows were always dramatic,  it's not something new for the Korean audience because they have a lot of dramatic shows already, but speaking of this show individually, all data confirmed that word-buzz was mostly about shipping couples (LogSuryeon and SeokRona) and even SBS was aware of it. The shipping drama between 2 main male characters of The last empress was mentioned in the TLE old thread on this forum. If you don't believe me you can take a look at that thread.

My friends, if you look back at the previous pages of this thread, you will see countless posters who said they're tired of fake death and they insisted Rona was dead, etc... and the other side who thought Rona might survive insisted that ...Logan would save Rona somehow. How PES coming back to this show is the hook to get people to watch season 3, so it's won't be easy to guess. :sweat_smile:

Don't worry I know , about word-buzz & audience shipping couples. I just a bit tired seeing people talking about fake death. like I get fans in this thread are tired, maybe to me is way to normal for story plot in all drama. so I can't be bothered. I watched this drama is I feel it somehow tell me about how their country society works. I really hate how some drama portrayed rich people like fairytale princes like some romance drama though I still watch some but those I watch is because of the lead actor/actress.

Yes I also know KSO's drama are dramatic, I've watched a few of her family dramas. I also watched the Temptation of Wife & Last Empress, but I jumped episodes/scenes because a bit boring to me.

Which is why  I say, I still think Logan is not dead and I will believe writer will do the same thing they do with Lee Ji Ah by not having PES at the script reading for S3. then when S3 broadcast, PES appear. Sorry, let me be clear, I not going to believe PES is not appearing in S3 until I see official statement by the drama production/his agency. I stated the possibility about if what his fans assumed he not going to appear. Hence, in my previous post, I'm not saying PES 100% confirmed not appearing in S3. I just adding possibility to his fan's assumption. Until the end of the day, I only believe in official statement by both agency & drama production. I don't know/remember regarding Lee Ji ah's case for this season. But I know that time cast are asked to kill off viewer 's theory about SSR being alive (go see all the other cast that appear on variety show e.g. MMTG, Master of house, etc.) but in the end, all the k-viewer's theory about SSR is alive is correct. So if LJA after S1 ended, she also did similar to what PES and none of her agency & drama production confirmed/denied her appearance for S2. PES being in S3 still going to appear in S3. I can say if the casts are going to appear on variety shows again/ talk shows again before S3 broadcast. I will not be shocked the writer asked the casts to kill off the viewers' theory again about Logan being alive.

@Songbae SSR's character sorry- is still too angel for me. Maybe I watched a few China palace-historical drama that make me feel her revenge plan is not that amazed to me and I don't like how she easily forgive people who did to her child. I get that SSR didn't have much attachment to MSA. I still disagree that it make no sense to me she can forgave the twin just because they are still her child & she brought them up & are attached to them. Sorry,  SSR been showing anger after knowing MSA being her biological daughter to the way she stabbed Logan for what his parent did , locked the Hera palace parents to confess out their crimes. To me , those scene with/without any attachment to her biological daughter , MSA, she still want to revenge for her daughter's death. Similarly, she knew what her twin did, I know that time she can't tell yet to the twin, MSA was her biological daughter. So without any attachment with MSA, you can vent & do such things to Logan & the Hera palace people but show motherly & forgiving the twin just because they are taught wrongly. Don't bring the twin being abused by JDT. Because being abused by their father, doesn't make a person to bully another weaker person & SSR has the right to teach them straight similarly , I know SSR did in S1 but not for MSA , but what they did with another rich boy where Logan who acted as the P.E teacher told her about it. Still she forgive them way too easily. Although yes the writer showed yesterday SH want to see MSA's tomb, but they didn't show the twin go ( I thought at least they showed, then I will accept SSR way to forgive the child) Even so, I still doubt SK will be nice to RN because she seem unbothered to what she did to RN before. You can tell SK is being forced by SH to help RN. She still the same brat as before. So SH may now remorseful to what he did to MSA, but I doubted SK. Unless SSR really show how to make both of them know what they did was wrong, I will accept her for forgiving them for what they did to MSA. if not I will never accept such character because if i put myself in her shoe, sorry , no I will not forgive because I already guilty for letting my man to abandon her, letting suffer by the orphanage , abandoned again by her adoptive parent; my step children still did this to her with my own eyes (not the scene where the hera palace kids did, but the lobby scene SK did to MSA , though I feel SSR know about what the Hera palace kids did after she made a deal with Logan). Anyway, if I'm in her shoe,  I will not forgive even I more attached to the twins because I can't get rid of my guilt to my own child unless the twins shown they repent for their wrongdoing

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 3

I cannot understand why the writer kill Logan Lee, he contributed to a lot of help in getting the bad ones behind bars.

1 hour ago, coral maor said:

I think na ae gyo is alive pay attention to the scene where shim suryon is ruined the penthouse she is holding the bag on the left hand. 

But didn’t they did tested of the ashes for NAG by the police? I don’t care NAG. But I hope Seol-A comes back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

OT

Reveal hidden contents

Last empress many viewers thought is the male lead which is Choi Jin-Hyuk's role that the writer fake death because most viewer doesn't bother small role. I think I mistook one of the "fake death" (I thought the late queen's father is dead but he didn't die) But i know the Empress Dowager kept Min Yoo-ra's boyfriend & told the world/most of the people who know about him think he is died  but actually he didn't die  but capture & locked in a mental hospital for years. 

That is how Kdrama chose to give viewers a cliffhanger. if not how to spice the viewers' imagination & make them watch the next episode. Just like yesterday 's last ep. they making viewers to now decide whether Logan is alive or dead. So they will watch for S3.

Actually did the writer even mentioned Logan has a brother?? I don't know how some fans come out think is his brother because if Logan has a brother where to his parents bother to adopt MSA for bone marrow, unless direct relative can't do the bone marrow operation? Weird I watched another drama with similar illness , the doctor asked the parent to give birth another child in order to save the sick child.  

I don't know but most viewers in SK already take it as JDT because his voice after looking at lee ji ah 's deleted IG vid.

About the newspaper, the writer didn't clear tell when JDT got the newspaper & the the day Logan came back & they bombed him. Yes the newspaper gave out the clue that but what JDT got that newspaper say" Logan Lee" "Out" " D-Day" "9" . You missed out the "9" it can means countdown for 9 days or the date 9th or it can mean the time they will activate the plan or the day Logan come back to SK. Then, the writer jumped to the scene Jenny's father come out & Secretary Jo meet him. Hence, we can confirm to say JDT got the newspaper is the day they plant the bomb, nothing is clear yet, as we don't even know how many days pass or time pass. No one can tell. I'm not saying the old man is definitely is JDT. but to me, like in my previous posts, I said never once saw a hired man turn around to say good bye to the target because they don't have to & they are not related to the target/don't have any issue with the target , if the bomb is planted by the guy Logan come together with, he also left , he don't even bother to make sure to see the bomb activate it & he only turned back is not to see Logan but at his briefcase (maybe to make sure it didn't topple) but I still believe the bomb is from the cart pushed by the old man which I going to believe is JDT.  I only ever watched those where before the bomb exploded , the man turned around & smirk at the target is usually the one who want to bomb/kill the target but those I watched is usually not K-dramas

Don't worry I know , about word-buzz & audience shipping couples. I just a bit tired seeing people talking about fake death. like I get fans in this thread are tired, maybe to me is way to normal for story plot in all drama. so I can't be bothered. I watched this drama is I feel it somehow tell me about how their country society works. I really hate how some drama portrayed rich people like fairytale princes like some romance drama though I still watch some but those I watch is because of the lead actor/actress.

Yes I also know KSO's drama are dramatic, I've watched a few of her family dramas. I also watched the Temptation of Wife & Last Empress, but I jumped episodes/scenes because a bit boring to me.

Which is why  I say, I still think Logan is not dead and I will believe writer will do the same thing they do with Lee Ji Ah by not having PES at the script reading for S3. then when S3 broadcast, PES appear. Sorry, let me be clear, I not going to believe PES is not appearing in S3 until I see official statement by the drama production/his agency. I stated the possibility about if what his fans assumed he not going to appear. Hence, in my previous post, I'm not saying PES 100% confirmed not appearing in S3. I just adding possibility to his fan's assumption. Until the end of the day, I only believe in official statement by both agency & drama production. I don't know/remember regarding Lee Ji ah's case for this season. But I know that time cast are asked to kill off viewer 's theory about SSR being alive (go see all the other cast that appear on variety show e.g. MMTG, Master of house, etc.) but in the end, all the k-viewer's theory about SSR is alive is correct. So if LJA after S1 ended, she also did similar to what PES and none of her agency & drama production confirmed/denied her appearance for S2. PES being in S3 still going to appear in S3. I can say if the casts are going to appear on variety shows again/ talk shows again before S3 broadcast. I will not be shocked the writer asked the casts to kill off the viewers' theory again about Logan being alive.

@Songbae SSR's character sorry- is still too angel for me. Maybe I watched a few China palace-historical drama that make me feel her revenge plan is not that amazed to me and I don't like how she easily forgive people who did to her child. I get that SSR didn't have much attachment to MSA. I still disagree that it make no sense to me she can forgave the twin just because they are still her child & she brought them up & are attached to them. Sorry,  SSR been showing anger after knowing MSA being her biological daughter to the way she stabbed Logan for what his parent did , locked the Hera palace parents to confess out their crimes. To me , those scene with/without any attachment to her biological daughter , MSA, she still want to revenge for her daughter's death. Similarly, she knew what her twin did, I know that time she can't tell yet to the twin, MSA was her biological daughter. So without any attachment with MSA, you can vent & do such things to Logan & the Hera palace people but show motherly & forgiving the twin just because they are taught wrongly. Don't bring the twin being abused by JDT. Because being abused by their father, doesn't make a person to bully another weaker person & SSR has the right to teach them straight similarly , I know SSR did in S1 but not for MSA , but what they did with another rich boy where Logan who acted as the P.E teacher told her about it. Still she forgive them way too easily. Although yes the writer showed yesterday SH want to see MSA's tomb, but they didn't show the twin go ( I thought at least they showed, then I will accept SSR way to forgive the child) Even so, I still doubt SK will be nice to RN because she seem unbothered to what she did to RN before. You can tell SK is being forced by SH to help RN. She still the same brat as before. So SH may now remorseful to what he did to MSA, but I doubted SK. Unless SSR really show how to make both of them know what they did was wrong, I will accept her for forgiving them for what they did to MSA. if not I will never accept such character because if i put myself in her shoe, sorry , no I will not forgive because I already guilty for letting my man to abandon her, letting suffer by the orphanage , abandoned again by her adoptive parent; my step children still did this to her with my own eyes (not the scene where the hera palace kids did, but the lobby scene SK did to MSA , though I feel SSR know about what the Hera palace kids did after she made a deal with Logan). Anyway, if I'm in her shoe,  I will not forgive even I more attached to the twins because I can't get rid of my guilt to my own child unless the twins shown they repent for their wrongdoing

I totally agree with everything you said. About why the twin didn't face any consequences for what they did, personally, I think there are 2 explanations:
Firstly, perhaps the writer herself didn't take the crimes of the twin (especially SK) seriously, she must have a (naive) belief that since the female lead (also MSA's mom) Suryeon  had already forgiven the twin, then the audience should have forgiven them too.
Secondly, the twin is RN's guardians now, and RN shares some similarities with MSA, therefore, the writer assumed that audience should have accepted the twin's "redemption".

I also have the feeling that since the twin are just supporting casts and this show isn't a teen melodrama, the writer doesn't want to spend much more time with them and wants to focus more on the drama of the adults

• Like 4

lol, it seems like everyone is wondering when will SK get her punishment, I just checked Namuwiki to see if I've missed something but even Namuwiki is wondering why SK didn't show any remorse and they even wrote that "reconciling with the love of her brother's life/her former enemy aka. Rona" isn't considered as a redemption lmao  :sweat_smile:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

That old man that planted the bomb was NOT JDT.   I can tell by looking at the eyes.   I'm sure JDT used some strings and used that old man to plant the bomb.  But he is not out of prison.

Im not understanding the logic of Jenny and MH.  They are blaming Rona for YH killing MSH how does that make sense? And does that excuse their behavior when they bullied MSH? They havent learned a thing I see. I expected more from Jenny not MH. And I think EB should suffer more , she tried to kill RN and is getting off free. Well her mind is being tortured and she lost both parents to prison I guess that is her karma. 

Jenny is basically raging and saying why she won’t be friends with RoNa anymore. I don’t think she will be a bully, though. Minhyuk might be one.

1 hour ago, uuugogirl said:

lol, it seems like everyone is wondering when will SK get her punishment, I just checked Namuwiki to see if I've missed something but even Namuwiki is wondering why SK didn't show any remorse and they even wrote that "reconciling with the love of her brother's life/her former enemy aka. Rona" isn't considered as a redemption lmao  :sweat_smile:

Yeah, in kdrama it is. Family is everything, and RoNa is basically her sister in law now.

• Like 1

The old man was definitely Joo Dan Tae, earlier Lee Ji Ah posted this on her Instagram before deleting it. So somehow the devil incarnate managed to escape from prison somehow, to be honest it’s Joo Dan Tae so I’m not surprised spacer.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

SSR's character sorry- is still too angel for me. Maybe I watched a few China palace-historical drama that make me feel her revenge plan is not that amazed to me and I don't like how she easily forgive people who did to her child. I get that SSR didn't have much attachment to MSA. I still disagree that it make no sense to me she can forgave the twin just because they are still her child & she brought them up & are attached to them. Sorry,  SSR been showing anger after knowing MSA being her biological daughter to the way she stabbed Logan for what his parent did , locked the Hera palace parents to confess out their crimes. To me , those scene with/without any attachment to her biological daughter , MSA, she still want to revenge for her daughter's death. Similarly, she knew what her twin did, I know that time she can't tell yet to the twin, MSA was her biological daughter. So without any attachment with MSA, you can vent & do such things to Logan & the Hera palace people but show motherly & forgiving the twin just because they are taught wrongly. Don't bring the twin being abused by JDT. Because being abused by their father, doesn't make a person to bully another weaker person & SSR has the right to teach them straight similarly , I know SSR did in S1 but not for MSA , but what they did with another rich boy where Logan who acted as the P.E teacher told her about it. Still she forgive them way too easily. Although yes the writer showed yesterday SH want to see MSA's tomb, but they didn't show the twin go ( I thought at least they showed, then I will accept SSR way to forgive the child) Even so, I still doubt SK will be nice to RN because she seem unbothered to what she did to RN before. You can tell SK is being forced by SH to help RN. She still the same brat as before. So SH may now remorseful to what he did to MSA, but I doubted SK. Unless SSR really show how to make both of them know what they did was wrong, I will accept her for forgiving them for what they did to MSA. if not I will never accept such character because if i put myself in her shoe, sorry , no I will not forgive because I already guilty for letting my man to abandon her, letting suffer by the orphanage , abandoned again by her adoptive parent; my step children still did this to her with my own eyes (not the scene where the hera palace kids did, but the lobby scene SK did to MSA , though I feel SSR know about what the Hera palace kids did after she made a deal with Logan). Anyway, if I'm in her shoe,  I will not forgive even I more attached to the twins because I can't get rid of my guilt to my own child unless the twins shown they repent for their wrongdoing

You don't think of them as your kids but as stepkids but to her they are her kids not her stepkids. She did deal with the kids when she trapped the parents in the bus. From what i see, even though she didn't know MSA she felt sorry she couldn't protect her.  Also it is partially her fault that the twins turned out that way. The kids were spoilt and she was never around. I do hope that SK gets better

• Like 4

lee jiah is very funny. at the interview they said she is the spoiler queen, so it's kind of true lol. but I still not sure its JDT or not. and I think jenny's dad, the man on the plane and JDT is allies? cant wait for s3 to see more of jenny's dad, he looks so cool, actually I don't want to watch again, I even didn't watch some eps in s2 anymore, only watch earlier eps in s2 and eps 13 in hope that they finish it in eps 13. but after I see jenny's dad and new character I'm so curious.

so angry the writer "killed off" protagonist character again. 

• Like 2

I don,’t think she is the spoiler queen. On the contrary, because she said her character died, many believed it to be true.

I had no feelings when the bomb exploded and SSR cried for Logan. After all the numerous fake deaths, it’s hard to believe the writer will not keep creating a couple more fake deaths.  Quite sick of this tiresome plot!

JDT has no money, lost his connections and yet there are people sending him messages in prison and helping him get revenge?

1 hour ago, Rainydays said:

lee jiah is very funny. at the interview they said she is the spoiler queen, so it's kind of true lol. but I still not sure its JDT or not. and I think jenny's dad, the man on the plane and JDT is allies? cant wait for s3 to see more of jenny's dad, he looks so cool, actually I don't want to watch again, I even didn't watch some eps in s2 anymore, only watch earlier eps in s2 and eps 13 in hope that they finish it in eps 13. but after I see jenny's dad and new character I'm so curious.

so angry the writer "killed off" protagonist character again. 

• Like 3

Yunno, now that I think about it, I wish Ro Na had stayed dead. She's still annoying. But it was funny how she scared Eun Byul, so I'll give her that.

I think out of all the kids, I like Jenny. If anyone reformed, had some character development and depth, and genuinely stuck to her new principles, it was her. At the end, she never said she was going to attack RoNa, just that they were not going to be friends under the circumstances and that she was angry because yeah, it started with YH's killing MSA, didn't it? YH did what her inner devil told her to. Drunk is always just an excuse. So, I hope Jenny doesn't suffer SK being stupid. 

• Like 1

Hmm, I don’t know, Tulip, she seems to have toned down more? Or maybe I haven’t watched episode 13 yet so I don’t really know, she’s mellowed out to a degree. But I do agree that Rona should’ve stayed dead. 

I like Jenny. I think she’s just spoiled a lot cuz she’s only an only child, and rich. But she loves her mom. However Jenny bullied MSA too so I don’t get why she’s so upset... and Mari helped cover up the murder. YH did kill MSA but I’m glad she showed remorse and is paying for her crimes. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I think out of all the kids, I like Jenny. If anyone reformed, had some character development and depth, and genuinely stuck to her new principles, it was her. At the end, she never said she was going to attack RoNa, just that they were not going to be friends under the circumstances and that she was angry because yeah, it started with YH's killing MSA, didn't it? YH did what her inner devil told her to. Drunk is always just an excuse. So, I hope Jenny doesn't suffer SK being stupid. 

Jenny's Mom isn't even going to be in prison that long. Also, I thought Jenny knew her dad was in prison. She was told that he was in Dubai all this time?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

Hmm, I don’t know, Tulip, she seems to have toned down more? Or maybe I haven’t watched episode 13 yet so I don’t really know, she’s mellowed out to a degree. But I do agree that Rona should’ve stayed dead. 

I like Jenny. I think she’s just spoiled a lot cuz she’s only an only child, and rich. But she loves her mom. However Jenny bullied MSA too so I don’t get why she’s so upset... and Mari helped cover up the murder. YH did kill MSA but I’m glad she showed remorse and is paying for her crimes. 

Who wouldn't be upset in that situation? And Rona was her usual holier than thou. At least she should have said, "yes, my mom should not have and she is paying too. And I am sorry this is turning out this way but let's improve, all of us." But the problem with RoNa is that she has an attitude as well. 

What I liked about Jenny was that she put her attitude aside, helped Rona, never snitched on people, stuck to her guns etc. She didn't get in people's faces until she really got upset at the end, which, again, I would too, tbh, looking at the big picture. But Rona is the teen heroine and Jenny is the side, so we won't get much love for Jenny.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

Yunno, now that I think about it, I wish Ro Na had stayed dead. She's still annoying. But it was funny how she scared Eun Byul, so I'll give her that.

What did you mean exactly when you said "Ro Na is still annoying"? :sweat_smile:  she only had a few minutes of screen times and her notable scene was when she made a tribute at SA tombstone.  She didn't even threw a tantrum at anyone like like SK, Je Ni and MH :sweat_smile: Are you implying that confronting a psychopath murderer like EB is annoying? :sweat_smile:

• Like 3