[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

1 hour ago, Emily Bett R said:

Also to add, even now she's still not repentant on anything, she's just mad that DT tricked her and is torturing her. She even has the nerve to literally steal SSR's husband and then when she saw the picture of SSR in the torture room, she said something like "SSR, is this your revenge? Handing me a trashy man like JDT?". No sweetie, you took that trash bag yourself! She's literally victimizing herself without remorse that this is what she deserves for engaging in an affair. She's blaming a dead woman! 

I think this is my main issue with SJ "redemption" story. With Kang Mari and YJ I could feel that they were remorseful and regretted what they did. However, with SJ I don't feel like she regrets what she did to OYH, BR, or anyone. I think she only regrets the decisions that led her to the sucky situation she currently is in. I'm not sure what kind of ending would be good for her, but I think I'd be annoyed if they give her a happy one. 

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Now I hope she didn't lie to make him suffer, I find it a little weird that since all this time YC has not had any doubts and that YH has not tried to tell him the truth since years, not counting the timeline
But then it's a drama, the writers write whatever they want

I think if it was a lie it will get revealed pretty quickly. Once she finds out the BR is alive she is not going to let that lie stand. Especially since HYC will try to make it up to BR, though I don't really know how you do that. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fanofr said:

Yes. She also acted as look out. Called JDT to inform him that SSR arrived in the building.  

although I do feel rather sorry for her.  But SJ and even YH have to pay for their past crimes.

I felt it was a lie to make him suffer.

not one but two fake deaths.  Turning out to be an unbelievable comedy. Disappointed with the writer.

3 hours ago, fanofr said:

not one but two fake deaths.  Turning out to be an unbelievable comedy. Disappointed with the writer.

3 fake deaths actually .. ssr's daughter who is being coma, ssr herself, and br ... msa will follow, perhaps :D

agreed with u, writer-nim seem lost her direction ,so it look little bit messy in the storyline 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I haven’t understood how Yoon Hee owns that land they’re all bidding on. Can someone explain please?

The land belonged to SSR's fake daughter and we found out the ownership of the land had been changed. OYH explained to JDT that whoever is the guardian of the daughter (I don't think we know who) turned the ownership to her. The show didn't explain whether they just gave it to her or if they sold it to her. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

The land belonged to SSR's fake daughter and we found out the ownership of the land had been changed. OYH explained to JDT that whoever is the guardian of the daughter (I don't think we know who) turned the ownership to her. The show didn't explain whether they just gave it to her or if they sold it to her. 

I think we'll find out it was Logan. Actually, I think Logan confirmed it when he told NAK that he won't sell "his land". 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, obbor4 said:

For me, Eugene has always been both a great actress and one of the most beautiful people in dramaland.

I totally agreed with you regards her beauty, acting and family matters. Eugene acting by far is so much better than Kim So-yeon especially when come to anger. She produced a more natural look compare to Kim So-yeon, total uncalled for fake or over reacting with a lots Facial Expressions.   

8 hours ago, chococarmela said:

The story is becoming predictable with lazy writing and messy. I don’t like it at all.

I totally agreed with you. I'm already off this Cork screw roller coast since the end of season 1. I knew what this drama going to be like especially when they announced season 2 & 3. I guess they are going to end soon by revealing a lots of 'Who committed this and who committed that' compared to season 1, locked inside the safe and keep the viewers in suspend. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

19 hours ago, Emily Bett R said:

It was mentioned in season 1 that SSR was seen doing shady dealings and sleeping around with politicians which Logan suspected was NAG. I think she's been pretending to be SSR to get financial gains (as JDT's wife she holds power). 

Thanks for this explanation. I had the same question here. But really, they should explain where the switcheroo happened and how SSR and NAK came to know of each other's existence and planned this deception of JDT.

Speaking of Joo Dan Tae, I am so sick of him getting his way every time someone attempts to double-cross him. Is karma purposely avoiding this man? And I don't know if it's the writing but I don't think any tragic backstory will ever redeem this character in the eyes of the viewers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Thanks for this explanation. I had the same question here. But really, they should explain where the switcheroo happened and how SSR and NAK came to know of each other's existence and planned this deception of JDT.

They'll probably do that in future episodes. One can assume that the SSR we saw dying in Episode 20-21 of the first season was NAK. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Speaking of Joo Dan Tae, I am so sick of him getting his way every time someone attempts to double-cross him. Is karma purposely avoiding this man? And I don't know if it's the writing but I don't think any tragic backstory will ever redeem this character in the eyes of the viewers.

This is how the writer wanted to anger her viewers, that is her biggest catch and she got it! That's why i just watch and enjoy laughing. This drama 'Penthouse' is mainly to entertain certain type of viewers but not those on this forum as we noticed there are many many loop holes.  

• Like 4

Two episodes more to go and nothing has been resolved yet. But I am all for Season 3 to be "How To Get Away With Joo Dan Tae's Murder".:partyblob:

Speaking of loopholes, that flashback of Seo Jin's dad talking to the board members to support his daughter was kinda off. After basically raising your child to be a RickRoll'D the writer now wants us to feel parental love from that family. Haha!

RN being alive works for me if only to end this farce relationship between SH and EB. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Speaking of loopholes, that flashback of Seo Jin's dad talking to the board members to support his daughter was kinda off. After basically raising your child to be a RickRoll'D the writer now wants us to feel parental love from that family. Haha!

Honestly, I think the writer never thought she would had to write a redemption arc for CSJ. The End game was supposed to be Episode 20 for CSJ. Where she is sent to prison for committing involuntary manslaughter. So, everything about her family has been retconned. Her mom and sister are suddenly the evil step mom and step sister that want to take away what her dad has given to her.       

----

BTW, this drama hasn't used the surrogate mother cliche and look and behold, EB's tutor came along. Don't be shocked that she's EB's birth mother. CSJ couldn't get pregnant on her own so she went out and got a surrogate mother.  Hey if HYC is Rona's birth father then why not? 

Now that I think about it, she does seem over-protective when it comes to EB. It also does seem she was trying to get rid of CSJ. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

"How To Get Away With Joo Dan Tae's Murder".

Sorry... not meant to be cruelty. SSR, OYH and CSJ must hire people to kidnap JDT. The Trio tie him up and sent him to a very remote countryside and bury him alive. Before bury, CSJ cut off his genital for S....ing around, OYH cut off his tongue for spreading lies and SSR dig out his eyeballs for all his actions that hurts so many innocence people.:omg:

Conclusion....SSR, OYH and CSJ became best friends. Happy ending.:love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

29 minutes ago, MAHJONG KING said:

.SSR, OYH and CSJ became best friends. Happy ending.:love:

Best Friends! Hey, how many friends can say that they aided to murder one of them (CSJ -> SSR), had a affair with their husband (CSJ and OYH -> SSR) (CSJ -> OYH), slashed their neck (CSJ -> OHY), murdered their child (OHY -> SSR), abused their child (CSJ -> SSR), and framed them (CSJ -> OYH).    

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Best Friends! Hey, how many friends can say that they aided to murder one of them (CSJ -> SSR), had a affair with their husband (CSJ and OYH -> SSR) (CSJ -> OYH), slashed their neck (CSJ -> OHY), murdered their child (OHY -> SSR), abused their child (CSJ -> SSR), and framed them (CSJ -> OYH).

For common cause(JDT) as we know that the writer pen is mighty than the sword and criminal Law of the universe. She can change the whole script.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kboramint said:

Two Possible Plot Twists for Season 3 -

• The Ju twins are not JDT's real kids. 
  • Na Ae Gyo and Shim Su Ryeon are twin sisters separated at young age

I did raise the possibility of the twins not being JDT's kids in S1 but idea was squashed.  I still don't get why SSR married JDT.  She had family wealth, ran her family business.  Didn't need JDT to support her and her daughter.  Still not a good explanation for that.

4 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

I totally agreed with you. I'm already off this Cork screw roller coast since the end of season 1. I knew what this drama going to be like especially when they announced season 2 & 3. I guess they are going to end soon by revealing a lots of 'Who committed this and who committed that' compared to season 1, locked inside the safe and keep the viewers in suspend. 

In the last episode, the entire drama may have turned out to be a mental patient's nightmare! hahaha.

This weekend there were two scenes that didn't make sense.

SY changed the code to her apartment.  Previously YC could not enter.  After he was beaten up by JDT and goon, he could stumble into the apartment!

JDT's secret passageway is no secret after all.  The twins know about it!  SK who told EB that she was afraid her father might kill her brother if he misbehaves, suddenly goes all gangbuster to free SY!  She wasn't afraid to be beaten to death! 

And speaking of beatings, did SSR know that JDT abused the kids?  She was mainly indifferent to the kids in S1.  She became all motherly after the death (fake!) of her fake daughter!  

And how Logan realised who NAG really is was kinda lame and careless.  It was also how YH discovered where SSR was hiding in  S1.  She keeps repeating the same mistake!  SSR is that careless??

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, O said:

This weekend there were two scenes that didn't make sense.

The whole season 2 don't make any sense. Vocal cord can be repair ? Penthouse Police is so stupid that they can't tell the difference between writing note and printed note from Logan Lee ? Didn't Logan Lee know that Deleted CCTV video from hard disk can retrieve back ? Others drama i watch, the police take human death very serious but not Penthouse. JDT say what is what and is final and case closed. ???????

• Like 3

18 hours ago, fanofr said:

Why 2? 3 fake deaths. I mean, we know about 3 fake deaths, but I won't be surprised to find out about more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

Why 2? 3 fake deaths. I mean, we know about 3 fake deaths, but I won't be surprised to find out about more.

well, at this point i won't be surprised if min seola is still alive and turn out all the tragedies only happened inside jdt's head (with assumption he's in coma) that's why he keeps winning:tenor:

everything can be happened in this drama

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 4